Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Dar'Manda (Mandalorian Covenant)

Equipment: Armor, 2x CRP-01 Rim, 2x Vibrodaggers

A business woman ran through the alleys of Hosnian Prime, but was soon met by a Strill landing in front of her. She'd walk back before hearing a what sounded like a blaster charging. She turned, seeing the cloaked man she was running from.

"Well, well, Missy. Some folks really want you dead, and enough to put a decent bounty on your head. Looked into it too."

"I can pay you whatever...."

"With your record.... A lot of stuff kept under wraps, and after all that your number's up." Before she had the chance to retort, he would fire, quickly getting the data he needed to confirm the bounty before leaving. He would then contact EW-031 EW-031 , telling her to keep the ship ready while he went to go take a quick breather. He'd slowly walk into a bar, looking up at the barkeep and hoping for a drink.

"Name, kid?" The man would sigh a bit.

"Jay Galar. Have anything strong?" The "former" Mandalorian hadn't used his real name in a long time, mostly thanks to his self imposed title of "dar'manda." He soon get his drink and quickly gulp it down. He'd found it odd no one had tried to hunt him down yet, but maybe they didn't care. Not like he was the first to claim the title. His Strill meanwhile sat near the door, seeming to act like a guard for the time being.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Alberich Wren Alberich Wren

POLITICAL REGION: ??? SPACE
LOCATION: A cheap dive in a city Jhira never heard of on Hosnian Prime. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hosnian_Prime
Objective: Talk to with ‘Jay Galar,’ protect him.
TAGS: [ OPEN ] [ @Jai’galaar Gred ]

The city was small, with tall buildings close enough together to almost count as a military defense line. The air was heavy, either with an oncoming rain or the haze of too much industry in too close proximity.

Jhira Mereel was really, really hoping she wouldn’t be here long enough to find out.

The HUD directed her to a small bar and the blood spattered, battered Tracking Fob gave a disgustingly cheerful beep to confirm. It was embarrassing; no proper Guild Hunter would use such a thing. A cheep knock off for a Hutt with a larger attitude than he had wealth. Jhira was unsure why the pair of thugs masquerading as Guild Bounty Hunters had been hunting the young man, but the key chain she’d plucked off their bodies had made one thing clear.

Their target was a Mandalorian, or so they believed.

The Strill sitting so watchfully at the front door seemed to confirm it, though Jhira’s sensor suite detected neither Beskar nor Tihaar in the bar. Jhira moved with the assured grace of a large predator herself, and didn’t expect trouble from the creature unless she either acted like prey, or the young man turned on her. Yet she was wise enough to assign it a threat priority in her Tac display.

Just in case.

Closing in on the bar, Jhira placed the bloody, knock-off tracking fob beside him on the bar. “
We should talk.” The soft lilt of the outer rim and the cadence of her Mando’a-colored Basic flavored very word, even through the electronic distortion of her T-visored Helm.

One way or another, a Mandalorian had come for him.

The strill at the door would let out a low growl, but not one that seemed... aggressive. It was just enough to warn its master to what was going on. Jai would turn slightly, seeing the Mandalorian walking in. His left hand would slowly slide down to one of his Rims, just in case. He watched as she came up, saying that they needed to talk. Jai looked over at her, taking a sip of his drink as he thought about what to do now. He wasn't dead, so that was something at least.

"What's there to talk about, Mando?" Though he was clearly trying to hide it, he still showed a Concord Dawn accent. It was pretty clear to those who knew what to listen for who he was he guessed.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Alberich Wren Alberich Wren Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel

Hosnian Prime.
Objective: Talk with ‘Jay Galar,’ protect him.
TAGS: [ OPEN ] [ @Jai’galaar Gred ] [ Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae ] [ Alberich Wren Alberich Wren ]

The low, warning growl of the Strill was reassuring to Jhira; the beast was well trained. As was his master; the young man turned without panicking, dropping his hand to … a
CRP-1 revolver. Just like her own. That, and the way Concord Dawn shaped his words shook her. Was this Mig’s lost kinsman?

Jhira waited beat, suddenly at a loss. She would need to proceed even more carefully than she’d thought.

Credits. Survival.” Jhira slipped into the stool beside him - a rather impressive display of agility, given her armament. “If we work together, we can improve you chance at both.” She was still debating removing her helmet. If she did, she’d order a drink … and she wasn’t sure even the whiskey in this place would be safe to drink.

I am Jhira Mereel, Clan Awaud.”

Jai looked at the Mandalorian chuckling a bit as he whirled his drink. Survival and credits? He wasn't sure what to make of this. He definitely didn't look like a Mandalorian right now, and only Beskar he had was the armor weave of his cloak. He kept the cloak up, taking another swig before eying Jhira.

"Jhira? Just call me Jai. Don't know why you'd bother keeping me alive though." He'd slowly start to move his hand away from the pistol. The hunter would then look around, clearly making sure something wasn't up. The man who called himself a Dar'manda just couldn't imagine a Mandalorian wanting to help him. He'd take another drink before thinking back to everything that happened back on Concord Dawn when the Sith still held it. He'd finally speak up again, sighing.

"Look, I know you mean well, but right now I'm surprised to not have a blaster in my face."

Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Alberich Wren Alberich Wren

LOCATION: A cheap dive in a city Jhira never heard of on Hosnian Prime. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hosnian_Prime
TAGS: [ OPEN ] [ @Jai’galaar Gred ] [ Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae ] [ Alberich Wren Alberich Wren ]

The small chuckle Jai gave reminded Jhira eerily of Mig, as did the Rim canister revolver at his hip. She had been hoping he’d be down and out enough to be eager for a job, any kind of job off of this planet. Once they were working together, there would be time to discover what pain haunted him. Yet … she could only respect his caution.

Hmm.” Jhira slipped off her helmet. It was hard to come across as sincere with a blast-shield between you, and right now she had to earn a sliver of trust from him. She signaled the bartender to bring a bottle of whatever it was he was drinking, waiting until tumbler and bottle were dropped off. She gave him a tilted smile, full of some sort of odd, old pain, and murmured a few words in Mando’a* under her breath.

I will not willingly do you harm, Jai. Nor initiate violence against you save to protect myself, those in my charge, or innocents.” Turning a curious look upon the young exile, she asked, “So why do you expect a blaster in the face from me?”

*Ni dinu ner gaan naakyc, jorcu ni nu copaani kyr'amur ner vod.
It was a formal saying, meaning, ‘Honor my offer of truce, for I would not willingly shed my brother's blood.’

Jai took a breath, looking at the Mando before taking a quick shot of his drink. He eyed her, shaking his head a little. She didn't get it? What he had basically been claiming. He looked back, taking a breath.

"I'm no Mando anymore. I'm... I'm dar'manda, and not one that necessarily has the best rep since...." He looked back down, notably gripping his drink tighter. He wasn't really sure how to handle this. "I gave up my armor and weapons long ago, and I rarely speak my old tongue. Not worth your time at least."

Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Alberich Wren Alberich Wren

TAGS: [ OPEN ] [ @Jai’alaar Gred ] [ Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae ] [ Alberich Wren Alberich Wren ]

Again the young man assured her that he was not worth her time. The tenacity with which he returned to that topic surprised her; he ignored the chance to live, to make money, to get out of here. Whatever wound he carried, ran very deep. Far too complex to be worked through in a conversation, or even a day.

He needed a real hunt, helping good people overcome evil ones.

Voice cooled to crisp, as kindness had only melted him in shame. “
Has it ever occurred to you, that this isn’t about you?” She didn’t think it had, the poor lost soul.

I need your help.” She sought to catch his eye, though she was aware of the risk she took, given that he had not, in fact, accepted either her truce or her given word.

If weren’t dar’manda, they’d have a problem right now.

Will you help me?” Utterly, perfectly still. Jhira watched him with a focused intensity that could on occasion be a prelude to battle, yet she gave no outward sign of violent intent. One hand yet cradled her drink, and the other rested upon her thigh. Yet he might he the word said she’d not said aloud.

Willingly.

Will you help me willingly?

Jai looked at the Mandalorian, gripping his drink a little tighter. He wasn't really going to do this, right? Right? He looked away from Jhira, taking a long swig to finish his drink quickly before putting the empty glass on the bar.

"Fine.... If you're asking me this must be really bad anyway." He'd turn back as he continued speaking, but not before giving a quick whistle. "So what exactly's going on? I'd rather know what to expect than go in blind."

Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel

LOCATION: A cheap dive in a city Jhira never heard of on Hosnian Prime.
TAGS: [ @Jai’galaar Gred ] [ Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae ] [ Alberich Wren Alberich Wren ]

Jhira watched with a hunter’s stillness, as Jai forced himself to ask the fatal question. He knew it was important, too; that the answer might sway him. The tension Jai felt was a palpable thing; heavy as the grip on his glass, as he awaited her reply.

Suagun Smig. He’s a minor Hutt lord, has made a name for himself in the entertainment business. Specifically blood sports: Cage mages, gladiatorial arenas, hunts where the prey are all drugged.” Jhira paused, fighting to keep her temper in check.

Turns out large, predatory species aren’t all that easily come by, these days. The Bryn’adul have seen to that.” A slow, rock steady sip of her drink followed, as she mastered her rage.

So he’s filing out his fighting ring with isolated Mando’ade.” Cold, her voice had turned so cold.

People like you. ” A sharp shake of her head to stop is anticipated protest.

He doesn’t know or care about your rejection of our people. Only about your training, and the fact that no one in this whole galaxy will come looking for you if you vanish.”

Jai stopped and looked at Jhira, seeming a bit surprised. A Hutt taking Mandalorians? Seemed like he had a death wish. He looked around, seeing the Strill walk up next to him before he pet the creature. Though he tried to hide it, there was an anger in his face at the comments. Apparently a dislike of Hutts never really left him. He'd stay quiet. and try to just keep his mind on what she told him.

"So what's your plan? Offer me to the Hutts as a mole or something?" He was half mocking Jhira, not sure how to handle this an not give up to anyone else around what he was. Still, the chance to attack a Hutt was rare. They tended to be fun to chase down.

"Somehow I know I'm gonna hate this. when are we headed out then?"

TAGS: [ @Jai’galaar Gred ] [ Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae ] [ Alberich Wren Alberich Wren ]

The Strill - deadly, fierce and very, very smart - paced over to join them. Jhira watched it, rather than reveal that she saw the young warrior’s anger. Hope kindled; hope that he was angry on behalf of the Mando’ade, not merely because Hutts were involved.

Jai petted the creature gently, and asked an indirect question about how they were going to get close to the Hutt. So scared, that is bravery touched her. He had been unmoved by any appeal to his own self-interest; but his once-brothers were in danger, and he would not stand aside. Yet it broke her heart, as well; why, why do we make our own fear us?

A half smile greeted his mocking reply, and a full laugh when he admitted he was going to hate what happened next.

My plan was to lure out a Lieutenant of his and invite him to tea.” Completely dead pan, with the merest a hint of dark humor in her gaze.

She had some very, very unusual teas.

I’m ready to head out as soon as you finish your meal. Then we’ll just … take a little stroll.” Her head angled to the side. “I’m open to suggestions, if you have something else in mind. But I’d rather do any deep planning aboard ship.”

And away from prying eyes.

Jai looked at Jhira for a moment, sighing a bit before dropping credits on the bar, and telling the bar keeper to keep the change. He then got up.

"I have an old corvette sitting in a landing bay. A lot of firepower too, if we'd need it." He wasn't sure what this stroll was going to be, but it would hopefully not kill him.

Jhira bore up under Jai’s scrutiny with a calm, easy acceptance that made no apologies for who or what she was.

A Mandalorian.

Standing with him, she nodded. “
Sounds good.” Sliding her helmet back on and sealing it, she’d take up a position at his shoulder. With Hunters already after the kid, it was reflex to take the role of bodyguard. But she was already looking forward to seeing his ship.

Jai take a breath, pulling the scarf back over his face as they walked out of the bar. It felt... kinda good honestly. No. He just needed to focus on. He then looked around, not sure he fully trusted the situation right now. It was like someone was watching them.... He tapped his side, sending the Strill to go check around as he spoke up.

"So? Ever hear about a ship called an Enigma-class?"

Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel Alberich Wren Alberich Wren

It was a vast relief, to step out of the battered old bar, and onto the decrepit streets of this dreadful planet. Jhira took a deep breath, and slid her hands over her pistols. Well, maybe the whole planet wasn’t dreadful. Her steps matched to Jai’s, old training so reflexive it was beyond thought. The Stril, following instinct or subtle command, swept away from them in a scouting arc; she approved. It was always good to have an advanced scout. But in truth, she didn’t expect trouble yet. The hutt lord wouldn’t be missing his faux bounty hunters yet, and Mig didn’t know she’d found a lostling of his, either.

So her response to Jai was both cheerful and curious.

Enigma Class? No, nothing I’ve studied. Isn’t there a stealth technology with that in the name, somewhere?

TAGS: [ Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred ] [ Alberich Wren Alberich Wren ]

The Cloud Breaker was a fast attack corvette, light on its feet with excellent straight out speed, too. Jhira stepped closer, studying the ship with evident delight.

“Oh a Concord Specialized Technology design. They do such good work.” Catching sight of the odd weapons system on the bottom of the ship, Jhira rested a hand upon the hull, and knelt down to inspect it. What she saw, what she understood it to be chilled her. Still, silent, she stared for a time at what that single weapons system meant to the Mando’ade.

She’d have to find out what it meant to Jai.

Standing, she turned to face the young man, studying him. Had he stopped just here, without even opening his ship, hoping she’d attack him? Absolve him of guilt by killing him? Gently she said, “We should get aboard. And then you can tell me all about it,” a faint angling of her chin made clear she meant the mando-killing weapon.

Jai nodded a little, opening the ramp to board as a floating droid, EW-031 EW-031 , looked over and spoke with a surprised voice.

“Oh! You’re back. I’m guessing that you got the target th…. Oh! And you brought company? Hello, I am EW-031, the tactical droid for this corvette.” Jai shook his head a little, looking back a Jhira and chuckling.

“Careful with EW. She gets excited Easy.”

“I do no…. Ok maybe I do. Are we leaving for somewhere?”

“Yeah. She has the details.” Jai would then walk to sit in the bridge, waiting as he knew he’d have to explain the modifications to the Mandalorian. He lowered his hood, and slowing pulled the face cover down as he started to speak.

“So…. You want to know about the weapon, right?”

Objective: Talk with 'Jay Galar,' protect him.
TAGS: [ Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred ] [ Alberich Wren Alberich Wren ]

"Hello EW-031. I'm Jhira Mereel. Have you been with this corvette for very long?"

After listening politely to the droid's reply, Jhira grinned at Jai. "Better excitable than lethargic." Jai's good cheer vanished, though, as swiftly as it had come. He marched into his ship without ceremony or a backward glance. Speaking quietly with EW, Jhira made clear what was needed, before following after the miserable Dar'Manda.

When Jhira slid into the co-pilot's seat, Jai already had his hood down and face freed of confinement. That was a good sign; whatever it was that burdened him, he appeared to have given up his notion that she'd kill him and put him out of his misery.

"I do wish to know about the weapon. The who, the how, the why, the when, the where.,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom