Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Darkest of Days [Open/Boolon Foundation]

Rosa Gunn

R
The Liorre class freighter, The Nightingale reverted out of hyperspace above Thyferra, accompanied by a squadron of fighters and two bulwark transports. A small portion of the Foundations fleet, but more than enough for this. The bridge of the Nightingale took a collective breath as Thyferra's surface came into view. Smoke spatted across the planets surface, telltale signs of its decimation.

Beside her, Farryn's usually stiff eldorai manner slipped as she uttered a long stream of curses and insults from her lips. Rosa gave her a sideways glance. "I couldn't agree more, Captain." The force swirled with despair, agony pressing in from all angles its keening cry agonising for the empath. But she endured, not because she could, but because she had to.

"Open a channel to our companions." Rosa requested, quietly. A technician confirmed before she spoke again. "I know this is hard for all of you to see, some of you lost family here. The Foundation is here to do a job, that is to get down there and help those people. Under no circumstances are we to engage any Sith that may still be lurking. We're not here for revenge, we're not here to reclaim anything the Alliance may have lost. Our priority is the civilians, those who have lost their homes and the wounded. Keep a clear head, and may the force be with you."

The broadcast ended and she turned to Farryn. "Take us in, Captain." The eldorai nodded and moved away, barking orders across the bridge as Rosa moved to the comms officer, resting a hand on the zabraks shoulder. "Place a call out across the net for assistance, we're going to need all the help we can get."

"Yes, Master Gunn."

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Lothar Lundgren"] [member="Mark Cross"] [member="Lina Renning"] [member="Pash Tafo"]

[member="Rosa Gunn"]

A response came over the radio from the surface, within the ensuing conflict on the planet that was left over there were still some willing to fight. "This is Jaster Awaud, we have some wounded starport workers on our hands, we are a neutral party in this conflict and only have a contract to get our goods off world, we are holding position in the Xucphra Corporation loading bay, take these workers off out hands and we can help with what you need of we have men to spare."

There was blaster fire in the background, "Sooner the better ma'am, there is bound to be more sith trooper on their way."

An old, heavily modified CR90 corvette blinked into existence on the edge of the Polith system. Mereel had ordered the Iviin'yc to return from the Unknown Regions as soon as he heard the news. The ship only had two crew members with experience in the medical field, but he had ordered the Iviin'yc's cargo hold to be filled to the brim with medical supplies. Captain Tucker had assigned half of the second shift's crew to assisting the Iviin'yc's doctor and nurse, as well as taking care of minor wounds on any civilians they evacuated.

Mereel had just finished putting on the last of his armor plates when Tucker's voice came through his room's intercomm unit, "We're in system Vaun. It's not pretty."

Mereel put on his helmet and sighed, "I hear you. I'll be on the bridge in a moment."

The door to his room sprung open as he approached it. As he walked into the hall, he reached out in the force to sense the emotions of the crew. For the first time since he had found the ship on Endor, the Iviin'yc's crew felt somber. The loss at Thyferra weighed heavy on their morale, and Mereel found that his mood reflected that of his crew. We couldn't have stopped this. But maybe we can help them recover.

A door in front of him opened, and he stepped onto the bridge. The bridge crew was silently staring at a ghastly image being displayed on the view screen. A close up of Thyferra's surface showed forests incinerated for hundreds of miles, cities turned into heaps of rubble, some di'kut had even bombed the planet's mountain ranges. He wondered if anyone had survived the senseless genocide.

He got his answer from the bridge's communication console, "This is J *static* - we have *static* wounded starport workers on *static*

He coudln't stop himself from yelling at the communication officer, "Clear that signal up, now!"

"Working on it.. there, it should be better now." The comm officer said.

*static* -ing position in the Xucphra Corporation loading bay, take these workers off our hands and we can help with what you need of we have men to spare. Sooner the better ma'am, there is bound to be more sith troopers on their way."

"Sir, we're receiving another signal. This one is coming from a Liorre-class freighter." The communications officer stopped and looked at Mereel, "They're asking for assistance."

He was silent for a moment. He had never witnessed such wanton destruction before, "Patch us through to the Liorre freighter, but set us on course for the Xuchphra Corporation loading bay. We have to get those civilians out of there. Captain Tucker, I'll take over from here, but don't get too comfortable, I might be going planetside."

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Rosa Gunn"]​

See with eyes unclouded by hate
The lonely Tusken was barely ahead of his pursuers. The dust and smoke in the air being the only thing keeping them from seeing him.. He was caught on the planet at the very worst time. A'Runda didn't even remember why he was here, just that he regretted it now in hindsight. He climbed over a large pile of rubble, it probably used to be a home for others. By this point he'd turned off his light saber, it wouldn't be practical to try to run and hide while having a bright rod with you. As he got to the top of the rubble he looked back down right as there was a clearing in the smoke. Then the lone Tusken could see the Sith troopers, and they saw him.

Just as the smoke and dust covered him again he could hear them shout out to one another to fire. No a second later lasers flew through the dark cloud right at him. In an attempt to not get hit, A'Runda flew himself back onto the other side of the rubble. Practically tripping himself to to avoid their fire. Then he very ungracefully fell down the other side of the rubble. Tumbling down to the bottom, and one there he was certainly hurting. "Ugh..." He quietly said to himself, now wanting to be loud enough form the Sith soldiers to hear him on the other side and think he's still alive. After laying there for a second, he forced himself back up, limping himself through the ruined city.

Lothar Lundgren was aboard one of the Je'daii Order's transport ships, headed for Thyferra. Lothar believed he was a genuinely good being at heart, and enjoyed helping those in need whenever he could. Sometimes it was hard, especially times such as these. Civilians injured from war was always a grim sight to behold. People died, and that was the blunt truth.

Dark thoughts put aside, the Je'daii Journeyer's ship neared closer and closer to Thyferra and a broadcast came through the net. A ship from the Boolon Foundation asking for assistance. Lothar turned to one the crewmen, "Send out a response; A representative from the Je'daii Order has arrived for assistance." The crewman nodded and leaned forward, accessing his comms to send to the Foundation vessel.

Lothar turned from the bridge for a moment and spoke into a personal communication unit, asking another member of the ship's crew to confirm the readiness of the medical supplies they had brought along. Lothar got his confirmation and turned back to where he was before. His ship had arrived in the Thyferra system, and began to follow the Boolon Foundation's vessel.

@A'Runda | [member="Mereel Vaun"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Rosa Gunn"]

Rosa Gunn

R
The communications array became alive with activity the closer they got to the planet, Rosa felt the despair on the surface rise up and close its fist around her heart. At times like this, Rosa both cursed and blessed her empathy. Farryn had regained her composure, orders coming from her lips on short sharp bursts levelling the freighter out as the began to break atmosphere.

"Distress signal from the ground, requesting civilian extraction."

"We're being hailed by a CR90, signature is...Iviin'yc's"

"Contact from the Je'daii Order, offering assistance."

One thing at a time, she thought, taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly. "Alright, first things first, deploy our droids, send them out in groups of five, two personnel per droid. Concentrate our efforts on the worst hit places, keep me informed of any attacks launched by the sith. See if we can't negotiate our way around a full assault from them. Send a response to that distress signal, acknowledge them, get more details about their wounded and inform our medical team to be prepared. We can take forty thousand people on this ship, lets make sure we are ready for them."

"Yes Ma'am."

"Send our gratitude to the Je'daii order, let them know I'll be heading ground side with the last wave of medical teams should they wish to rendezvous with us."

"And the Iviin'yc's?"

"Put them through." Farryn nodded, waved a hand to the comms officer and Rosa stepped forward into the view screen of the holoprojector. "Iviin'yc's, my name is Master Rosa Gunn, are you here to assist us?"

[member="Lothar Lundgren"] @A'Runda [member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

As the Iviin'yc sped toward the planet surface, a holoprojection shimmered to life at a console near the back end of the bridge. It appeared that the freighter was captained by a woman around Mereel's age.

He approached the console and activated his ship's holoprojection transmitter. He had all of his armor on, even his helmet.

He hoped that she didn't shut off the transmission instantly thinking that he was in the Mandalorian Empire. He certainly wouldn't blame her for doing so.

"This is Mereel Vaun of the Iviin'yc, we recieved your call for assistance as soon as we jumped into the system. Seeing that you're not a Star Destroyer, the Iviin'yc is at your service as long as your goal is to aid Thyferra.

Mereel sighed, "The Iviin'yc wasn't meant for passenger transport though, we're going to have to set up a temporary medcenter outside the ship once we get planetside.

The holoprojection shuddered for a second as the vessel entered the planet's atmosphere. "If we find a lot of people down there, I think we'll have to call in a passenger liner.. unless you propose we stack passengers on top of each other in our ships, that is.

[member="Rosa Gunn"] [member="Lothar Lundgren"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] @A'Runda

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa felt a fist tighten about her chest at the site of the t-visor, not because she had any dislike for the mandalorains, but because it was a cold reminder the Ordo had died. Even after she had saved him from Odium he had still perished. But hat had always been his intention hadn't it? It had been etched across his war torn face the last time she had seen him. Whatever her discomfort, to Rosa's credit her expression did not change. He mando'a was limited at its best, and her accent awful but she tried nonetheless. "Su'cuy Mereel. We are indeed here to help. The Nightingale is equipped specifically for medical aid. We can take on at least sixty thousand passengers-" the hologram flickered as the broke atmosphere Rosa cast a glance at Farryn who nodded, confirmation that so far they were all clear. She turned her attention back to the hologram.

"-if we were working at full capacity, but with the medical supplies and personnel, we're looking at around forty thousand. I can have another two of the Foundation's ships here within the day, that will give us space for another hundred and twenty passengers in total.l If we need more, it will take me a couple of days to get the remainder of my extraction fleet here, although Mr Vaun if truth be told, we are unlikely to need many more." The bridge seemed to take a collective breath at that, as though she'd driven a sharp blade between their ribs, sadness crossed her expression and she bowed her head momentarily before looking back up.

"We've picked up a distress signal at the Xucphra Corporation, sounds like their still coming under fire. I'm sending a team to extract their wounded, but I could use your support to defend them. The Boolon Foundation is not equipped for a firefight, not yet at least."

[member="Mereel Vaun"]

Jaster put a blast bolt in the head of a Sith Trooper, his Clansmen had pushed the Troopers from the hanger and into the hallways. It would seem that these men were stragglers left behind to just cause trouble. They had not been bombed mainly to the valuable Bacta he was sitting on, also though cuz of the more problematic areas. He looked over the wounded and the citizens that didn't pick up a blaster to fight back. His 6 dropships could easily take the people and the supplies off the planet, however he still had more men and supplies cut off in the main Warehouse. He couldn't leave them, though the Sith were busy just raiding what they could.

The recover ship asked for their possible headcount and any more news on the ground, "This is Jaster Awaud, we are about 300 steady, 30 Mandalorian Clansmen, 40 odd Police and Security and rest Civilians of sort, we were also informed of the Police station and Hospital in the city are locked down for Refugee Shelters with lines being pushed back by Alliance Army, rumor is they can't hold out much longer."

If was able to get some communications online, he could call his own recovery fleet, but they weren't suppose to come into sector for another two days. It would take them that long to get here to help. The only Merchant Fleet nearby had no protection but a Crusader Corvette. How was he always found in these sticky situations.

[member="Rosa Gunn"] [member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Lothar Lundgren"] @A'Runda

Lord Demone Rosso

L
Coming out of hyperspace above the Thyferra the ship slowly descended to the planets surface landing in a little village the man got up out of his seat and pulled out a hologram projector turning it on.

" I have arrived and I will be executing the plan and the village will suffer "

Grabbing his lightsabers and walking out of the ship as the landing pad extended the man walked about 300 feet north until he reached the first building igniting both blades creating a humming sound and a crimson glow the sound of the lightsaber was quickly dulled by the screams of people being slaughtered and small explosions creating havoc in the village with most people dead and only a few leaving running for their life the man turned off his weapons put them on his waist and started to walk back towards his ship.

See with eyes unclouded by hate
As the Tusken limped his way through the ruined city he could hear blaster fire from all around as Sith death squads patrolled the streets. Each time he hear a volley of shots A'Runda would turn in the direction, worried that he'd been found and was being shot at. After running into an ally he stopped and took a breather. Everything around him seemed so grey and lifeless. Ash felt like it covered every inch of the city. He flinched after hearing an explosion go off nearby him. Close enough to feel its powerful shock wave. He needed to get off this planet if he was going to survive.

Deciding that it wasn't worth sticking around a minute longer he moved himself out of the ally, stumbling into the street. A moment later he'd come to regret that decision. "Stop!" someone to his side order. Turning his head, A'Runda saw two Stih soldiers on the street with him, both aiming there blasters at him. After that the Tusken grabbed his improvised saber and ignited it. The purple rod of light beaming out with a low hum and giving off a crackling noise as if it was ready to fail and explode at any second.

"I'd turn back, I'm warning you..." A'Runda warned as he held out his light saber. After that one of them took a shot at him. But as if by instinct the Tusken deflected it into the road. Even he was a little shocked by it. He'd barely practiced with his light saber, let alone the force in general. Then the soldier took another shot. Once again he deflected it, only this time back at them. With a brief flurry of sparks the soldier fell back. "I told you..." He added, feeling pretty tired, yet when he deflected the bolt he felt like he had plenty of energy. Is this the force at work? He questioned internally. A second later the other soldier took a shot, it being deflected back to the side. Then A'Runda threw out his arm and his saber went flying in a circle like motion until it hit its target. Practically dead on, the saber stuck into the middle of the soldier. As they fell to their knees the Tusken force pulled his saber back into his hands as the soldier collapsed completely. With that over with he headed back down the street, hoping to find a way out of the city. As he did, he pitied the poor soldiers that came across him. Fate can be a cruel thing.

An eyebrow shot up under his helmet when the woman greeted him in Mando'a. Great.

He had encountered other Mandalorians may times during his various exiles, but no matter how many times he ran into them, he was always on edge when he knew they were around. At least she's not wearing armor. That's a good sign. Aruetii have spoken to me in Mando'a before.

Mereel was pulled from his paranoia when the lady said she doubted they would need more ships. He had thought of that probability as well, but he didn't dare utter it in front of his already distraught crew.

"Understood. As for the security bit, we don't have a large crew, but we can muster up two squads. It should be enough, I doubt that their are many hostile forces left on the planet."

"We are on approach for our landing now, sir!", a bridge officer called out.

"It looks like we're setting down now. We will begin unloading our medical supplies for those who need immediate care and I'll personally coordinate a perimeter defense. Leave a frequency open between the Nightingale and the Iviin'yc in case of trouble. Vaun out."

The hologram before him dissipated as the Iviin'yc set down in the Xucphra Corp loading bay. He turned around to to see what awaited them through the bridge viewscreen. Although some areas of the bay were now covered in debris, the bay was still impressively large. It would comfortably accommodate the rescue ships.

Mereel looked over to the comms officer, "Deploy the marines to secure an area for a makeshift medical camp. Wake up twelve men from third shift and give them blasters and commlinks, I want them deployed ASAP. Start unloading our medical supplies immediately and have Doctor Roy and Boon set up outside, oh and get Chef Oswald to put out something hot for the civilians. I don't care if he uses up all but a week of our ship's consumables."

The comms officer looked at him for a second as if he was going to ask Mereel to repeat himself, but then he just nodded.

"Got it."

Mereel walked off the bridge and headed for the Iviin'yc's main boarding ramp.

@A'Runda [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Rosa Gunn"] [member="Lothar Lundgren"] [member="Lord Demone Rosso"]

Rosa Gunn

R
"Thank you, Mereel, I'll see you on the ground."

The holoimage flickered and died. "Status?" Rosa asked turning to Farryn.

"Both transports are on the ground, shuttles are deploying medical droids and teams now. Fighters report are scouting from the air, reporting a few skirmishes still going." as Farryn spoke a holoimage of the ground came to life, skirmish areas highlighter in red. it flickered and orange areas were highlighted. "The fires are at their worst here." Rosa nodded.

"Alright, have half the fighters fly cap, while the others see what they can do about fire control. I'm going down. Send Iviin'yc's my comm frequency so I can link up with their team on the ground."

Rosa swept from the bridge, linking up with a medical team on her way to the hangar, all were armed but none were truly equipped for a fight. "If we run into trouble," she called over the transports engines and it rumbled from the Nightingale's belly. "Your priority is to secure patients and get clear. I will cover you. Understood?" There was a round of nervous nodding before the ship settled on the ground and Rosa led the way off the ship. A moments orientation and she headed in the direction of Xucphra Corperation. "Jaster Awaud, we're on the ground and en route to your location. Hold tight, we'll get you out of there."

[member="Mereel Vaun"]@A'Runda@Lord Demone Rosso[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"][member="Lothar Lundgren"]

[apologies for the delay]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom