Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Darkest of All the Snowflakes

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"Long story short, she and I met up a while back to work on a project. Such in question was a new breed of Star Destroyer for the One Sith to use against Akala's forces. Why so? Well, Krayt was becoming independent at that point in time. That was why we worked together on this ship." She smiled cordially. "What about your own relationship with her? You sound like you're a good sister."

It was quite the wonder, after all.

Darth Timoris

To err is human, to forgive divine. And I'm no god
Melori smiled but only barely. "She's both a great Master and everything a sister should be. She's there for me, cares for me and looks out for me. And as my Master she pushes me and is prepared to tell me straight - give it to me how it is and not sugar-coat it."

"I'd say she is the good sister. I can be a little...wayward at times. I tend to rebel given half a chance and she gives me enough freedom that I don't feel the need but keeps me close enough to keep me safe. Even when I think I've done something sneaky, she tends to find out. She never chastises me, her just knowing is enough to let me appreciate what she probably thinks."

"Yes, she's the great sister - and one day I'll repay her. But in many ways we're different. She's like mom, always tinkering with stuff. I'm more like dad, apparently I get my arrogance from him. I can't see it myself!" She laughed softly.

"Do you have family?"

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"Not anymore, unfortunately." She sighed. "My mother and father are likely dead thanks to constant political infighting. Then again, my mother has been many people, as has my father - when I have one." She smiled. "I have some... unique abilities to keep me alive and in the fight, even when my flesh has been strained past the limit. This is only my most recent form, made in a long series of them - though I hardly expect it to be my last."

All things considered, it likely wouldn't be.

Darth Timoris

Melori listened. She didn't entirely understand but then that was the thing with Sith magic - most of it she didn't comprehend and it seemed its possibilities were endless.

"So...is there anything I can help you with?"

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"Hmm, a good question." She smiled. "Are there any relics left over in the temple that haven't already been looted? Perhaps a training saber or two?" Circe had an intriguing idea of a game, designed specifically for the entertainment of individuals around the galaxy. It was a game of minimal harm, and yet the symbolism would be most intriguing."

After all, it was hardly something for children.

Darth Timoris

Melori smiled. "This was built from scratch. It was a collection of old wooden huts when I came here. All this was built by me. I admit a few hundred builders were involved," she smiled wickedly, "But no relics to find. And it's been kitted out to be a duelling Academy, so there are a lot of training sabers downstairs. Why, what did you have in mind?"

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"I was thinking of creating a game. Not one Sith-exclusive, mind you, but one certainly interesting, all things considered. It involves a team of people with training sabers fighting against a team of people with blasters set to half-stun. This entire thing would go on inside a special arena as a form of entertainment. You know, part of an arcade, with holograms and stuff."

An interesting concept. Part laser tag, part whacking people.

Darth Timoris

Melori smiled. "As a training exercise it sounds fun and I suspect there are commercial implications too. But if I had money to bet, I'd wager it all on the ones with the sabers. They can block and 'whack.' The blaster guys can't block."

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"You might be giving them a bit too much credit." She smiled. "Remember, it takes a certain finesse to block blaster bolts - and a large horde of people with them can take down even Jedi if they're competent and focus fire. Order 66 wasn't some fluke, after all." She grinned, pondering over the many possibilities of the current situation she was in. "I would also add that you'd have to actually be trained in their use to truly be effective."

Then again, wasn't that a given?

Darth Timoris

Melori nodded, it was a fair point - but one on one, a trained saber user against a good shot with a blaster? She'd bet her new ship on the outcome - and she loved that ship.

"So, would you like a tour?"

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"Certainly." She smiled. "If this was completely built from scratch, I'd be more than interested in looking over how things turned out. Sith do have a splendid set of architectural skills, after all."

She did know, after all... The Malachor V labs were of her own refurbishment.

Darth Timoris

"This floor is self explanatory. Originally planned to be two levels, it has been designed to be the staging ground for duels. Open enough for group sessions but enough places to hide and use for individual fights."

Melori led the woman downstairs. From the entrance there was the main hall with a small obsidian monument decorated with the faces of the greatest of the Sith’s duellists. At the centre of the hall was a dual stair case leading to the upper levels. At the sides were staircases leading down to cells as well as chambers for studying, lecturing, meditation and some training.

Off the main hall was a small archive – with information focused on duelling and powers associated with combat. To the back of the main hall was a doorway to the dormitories and the other door led to a canteen, a gym and a grand dining room.

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"Seems like a good setup here, to say the least." She smiled, pondering over the circumstances of how the planet's eventual situation had become. "Tython's raw Force energy should prove to be most useful, though I consider myself more along the lines of the sorcerous side of things. Using a blade just hasn't been something I've been a fan of, particularly considering that whole kark with your mind element of illusions and magic."

Then again, she wasn't the only one who enjoyed a good troll. Silently, she pondered on whether or not [member="Jorus Merrill"] was still in the trolling game.

Darth Timoris

Melori smiled politely. "I did my best. Of course I had a lot of inspiration from other buildings but I was aware that most of the Academies tend to be generalist. And as someone who prefers to combat using a saber in my hand, it felt...right somehow."

"I also love the fact it's empty at the moment. It still feels like it's mine - even though I have put the word out that it needs a HeadMaster or at very least a patron. Once they are confirmed, I'll only come back by invitation I suspect."

She turned to face the woman. "Not that I have anything against illusion and magic - it's just I prefer the physical side of duelling. I might not look it but I'm quite tough and I've picked up a few tricks along the way. Including closing my mind to mental-magic." She smiled again. "Well...I'm no expert yet."

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

Well, no offense... but I've always found it to be somewhat harder to fight in melee, particularly when you're reducing your opponent to a raging wreck thanks to the illusory capabilities you possess." She smirked. "After all, I did scare the poodoo out of you, didn't I?" A true statement so far as she could tell, though Taeli's sister reacted a bit more fearfully than the former had.

It was fun, what could she say?

Darth Timoris

Melori smiled thinly. "We weren't exactly in combat - but I take your point. Although a fellow Acolyte would not have your ability and by the time I'm at your level, I too will have improved closing my mind."

"So...is there anything else I can help with?"

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"Truthfully, I'm not sure what else you could really assist me with at the moment..." She shook her head cautiously, sighing as she pondered over the wide variety of potential apprentices that were certain to come through the facility. "I blame myself. I've seen too many things and heard too much in my lifetime to have a copious quantity of questions like I should. Sorry..."

Unsure of what to do now, she figured that perhaps it was best that she leave. "A pleasure meeting you, Melori."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom