Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Darkest of All the Snowflakes

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

Tython

Circe needed another lab. The Republic and others were encroaching on the location of her Malachor facility, and Tython, having been mostly consumed by the Dark Side, seemed as good a place as any to set down new facilities. There was a Jedi Temple, one of many, that had been cleared out and unclaimed, a perfect place to convert into a delightful little Dark Side haven.

Then again, it wasn't like she knew about the place's sole resident.

Darth Timoris

To err is human, to forgive divine. And I'm no god
Melori's work was almost done. The former Jed'aii Temple by the Edge Forest was no longer even a remote memory. In place of the collection of huts was now a magnificent black obsidian structure - reminiscent of the temple of Exar Kun. It was surrounded by a perfectly circular lake - and the only way to reach the building was by walking across the bridge which, being set a few centimetres below the surface, gave the impression of walking on water. And due to the danger of losing your footing, arrivals had to look down to be sure not to slip - which gave the impression they were approaching with their heads bowed.

temple_of_exar_kun_by_corvusraaf-d8owa97.jpg

Melori was taking that route now. There was still a discussion as to whom would be the HeadMaster of the Academy that this building had been designated to be - one that would be dedicated to the art of duelling. But Reverance and Darth Ferus had agreed to fight as part of an opening ceremony. So she was checking everything was in order. There were currently no staff but once operational there would be administrators, kitchen workers, cleaners and of course teachers and students.

But for today it was hers and hers alone. As she passed the two kneeling humanoid statues that flanked the entrance she mused this might be the last time she would be able to simply walk in and wander around unchallenged. So she chose to savour this time.

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

She smiled, noticing the magnificence of the structure as she raised an eyebrow, attempting to determine how to best get to it. Near the edge of the water, she noticed a bridge a mere inch or two in depth under the surface of the surprisingly pure water. It seemed to go all the way out to the temple... a perfect opportunity to get over to the location. And there was someone else on their way to the facility... How intriguing. Slowly, with a boldness unexpected, she stepped forward, noticing the bridge's somewhat visible appearance under the water, like the murky shape of some long-dead beast providing transport to the island.

As she continued at a brisk pace towards the temple, she grew ever closer behind the individual. Whoever it was, they seemed... Intriguing, judging by their aura.

Darth Timoris

Melori was an Acolyte. She could sense something but her Abilities were not yet honed enough to know what precisely. Perhaps someone else was here? She remembered the warning of the seer. Maybe Corvus had arrived? She’d had no contact since she’d arrived here – not even via their mutual sibling.

But that warning on this very planet had put her on edge and every time she was faced with an unknown sensation, she wondered if this was the time the prophecy would come true.

So she walked into the entrance hallway – a large room with many doors off it. But she chose to climb the single set of magnificent stairs that led to the upper floor. Originally designed to be three separate floors, it had instead become one vast room with split levels. This is where the most promising Sith would learn to duel. That was her vision.

upper_floor_by_corvusraaf-d8pzvdo.jpg

As she made her way to the middle of the room, she could not shake the feeling she was being followed and so called on the Force and closing her eyes momentarily, sensed for anyone else present.

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

That sense would result in a very prominent Force signature appearing somewhere behind her, one that only grew more intense as Circe stepped further into the Sith Temple, which resonated and scattered the residue of her presence as though it were a fresco, amplifying glorious music. But Circe herself was hardly glorious... she was maleficent. Very much dark, likely irredeemably so. And if she wasn't, well... She likely would be soon.

Then out of nowhere, she would hear a whisper directly into her ear, despite no one being there.

Boo.

Darth Timoris

Melori sensed the aura a split second before she heard the sound. Oddly the appearance of the Force User – and her significant presence was minimal compared to the shock the simple word provoked.

This was a Sith planet after all. So any number of Lords could be roaming it at any time. But typically they announced themselves or used the Force to get her attention. The simple but very effective whisper in her ear made her jump.

She spun around, but could see no-one. But the presence was so deliciously Dark that she knew someone had to be there. So Melori wondered what to say. Hi sounded weak. Hello was hardly any better. Show yourself was way too melodramatic. So she settled for just standing there. If someone was playing with her, she didn’t want to feed their enjoyment too much. Jumping a foot in the ear at the word boo had already done enough damage after all.

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

Gently, the sound of heels clapping on the stone tile floor would seem to trail down the main hall of the temple, the shadow of a woman trailing across the floor... though no one was there at all. She would feel a gentle tap on her shoulder - though no one was there either. It was very clear that someone was toying with her... or perhaps she hadn't been as astute in evacuating the temple of mischievous spirits. But it was Circe - who right now stood behind the acolyte, a smile on her face as she focused, preparing to give a loud yell right behind Melori.

All she needed was the woman to turn around...

Darth Timoris

Melori spun round to see who was walking across the stone floor. She saw the shadow but no figure. Melori shook her head slightly, somebody was playing games with her. She wondered if it were her Master, come to teach her a lesson? But she knew her Master was busy and had no time for this. She pulled her black cloak close to her.

Then came the tap on her shoulder. She resisted the urge to spin around and so instead turned slowly – only to face thin air.

The shaking of the head was more vigorous. Melori of a month ago would have lost patience at this point. At least those neeks had served some purpose, even if they tasted awful. But frustration was definitely within her grasp and she’d had enough of being taken for a fool. Her arrogance made sure of that.

So she spun around, determined to storm out of the temple…

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

Well, that didn't work out as she intended. Melori turning around and walking out of the temple sent her stepping straight towards Circe... Who didn't have the opportunity to get out of the way before the impact. She gasped, suddenly appearing from the nothingness of the illusion she had previously been hidden in. "Well, I suppose that was a bit of fun. It was a bit nice to see you so afraid, though. Mmm... Quite delicious fear."

Circe had to admit, feeling the terror in Melori's heart had been an interesting and unique experience. Perhaps she could elicit more of a haunting reaction before the woman knew or understood what she was.

Darth Timoris

Melori turned and walked straight into…something. One moment there was nothing and the next she’d bounced off something, heard a gasp and then she saw. Clearly the Sith had produced an illusion. The woman looked about her age – but with the Sith it was devilishly difficult to tell. Some looked older beyond their years, others used magic to make themselves seem younger.

Melori looked at her. She had no fear but she wasn’t a fool either. She could push her own annoyance so far – but there would be a point she’d not progress past. But intilally she needed to show she would not cow down before this woman. That would be foolish.

Her tone was petulant. What she really wanted to say was – teach me that. What came out of her mouth was, “It all depends on how you define fun. And I embrace fear. It is a delicious emotion.” She remembered her time with Darth Hauntruss, how – when faced with her greatest fears – she’d been able to perform at a higher level than she ever had before.

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"The question is, how much fear can you take?" Circe smiled. "Circe. Circe Savan. I believe we haven't met yet." She sighed, looking around through the Temple. "I came here looking to see if there was any room for an open-source alchemical laboratory underneath the facility... Not to mention a hidden tunnel system to allow the instructors to scare the poodoo out of students who think what they're doing isn't being watched."

Such an idea was certainly intriguing, if somewhat pervading. The open-source mess of the lab would hopefully lend itself to advances in alchemy, but then again, it could go seriously wrong. Who knew, though?

Darth Timoris

Melori looked at the woman. Neither the face nor the name were familiar - but then she’d only recently recovered from a six year coma.

“How much fear? How much have you got?” There was an element of bluff about Melori, but she was not about to bow down too quickly - and if it were a test, she didn’t want to be found unworthy.

“I’ve overseen the construction to be an Academy for Duelling. I’m currently speaking to a couple of Sith Lords about becoming the HeadMaster, so you’d better take it up with whichever ones takes control. Me? I’m just the architect.” This was all perfectly true of course - Melori had no expectation she’d have anything to do with the building in the long term.

“And I’d say you could scare the poodoo out of the students without the need for tunnels.”

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"Enough to shatter a Jedi Master... Unless he's fearless, where I can't do anything. Fortunately, those are few and far between." She smirked, noticing the blonde and bringing a hand to her shoulder. "What is your name, apprentice? I might as well ask you about such, seeing as there's little of any company around. To the woman's final statement, she could only smile.

"It's best to remind them you're always watching, immortally and eternally. Even in death, I still watch. A proper maxim."

Darth Timoris

Melori liked the idea of shattering Jedi Masters and wondered what se'd have to do to learn such an ability. For there was one Jedi in particular she'd just love to break into a thousand little pieces - then sweep them up, burn them, collect the ash and then flush it down the closest toilet.

"My name? Melori Rae. Taeli, Darth Arcanix, is my sister." A lie wrapped in the truth. She'd said it so many times now it tripped off the tongue without hesitation. "Do you know her?"

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"That's a bit of an understatement." She smiled. "We're very, very good friends, not to mention business partners. I assisted her in designing that new Star Destroyer the One Sith have begun to use. It's quite powerful, and very highly technologically advanced." She smiled. "I suppose I might as well ask - any other names or aliases? I know I've run through quite a few in my fifty-plus years of living."

You knew she was old when she couldn't even remember exactly how many years she had been alive.

Darth Timoris

Melori smiled at the woman. If she took her at face value, she was a good friend of her sisters and that was probably a good thing. Probably. That Melori hadn't heard of her meant little, most of Melori's time was spent training and she'd had virtually zero social time with anyone - even her sister.

"Sounds like a good arrangement, I don't really know much about my sister's business dealings, being an Acolyte, I tend to train, train, train."

Melori wondered if the request was based upon knowledge, rumour or just a genuine interest. To date, she was aware that Taeli had only shared the news of their mutual sister with one Sith - but then, that wasn't proof, just her understanding.

"Nope, just Melori. Melori Rae." She smiled again. "You know there are seven of these old Jed'aii temples on Tython. I bet at least one of them is still up for grabs if you're looking to use it for your own purposes."

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"A fair point." Circe nodded, still eying the Sithling with intriguing. "Was just curious is all. You remind me a lot of someone I met a short while ago while undercover." That meeting of course had been at Drapeam Nyx's funeral - or rather, shortly afterwards - where she had interacted with the powerful Jedi known as Corvus Raaf. She too was an attractive, resolute platinum blonde with a propensity for use of the Force - though it seemed to be nothing more than a coincidence.

"So tell me a bit more about yourself. I'm admittedly curious, all things considered. Taeli hasn't really mentioned much about you."

Darth Timoris

Melori smiled. "Sith Lords don't usually ask about me - it's a refreshing change. My Sith training was delayed by an unfortunate accident. My ship crashed on Prakith and I spent the following six years in a coma. Finally I came round and Taeli agreed to Master me. I was unsure at first, given she was my sister, but it seems to work. I do my best to keep the two things separate. You know - Master and Sister. Most of the time she's my Master."

"But I've worked with other Sith Lords, Matsu, Avreet, Darth Hauntruss, a few others. In truth I'm most keen on duelling. I know Taeli is all about Sith magic but that's not me." And feeling obliged, Melori asked the obvious question...

"So, what's the story with you?"

@Enigma

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melori Raaf"]

"I'm not your standard Sith Lord, sweetie. I prefer to get to know the people around me - after all, we may be Sith, but that doesn't mean we have to constantly scheme and plan to shove a knife in our fellows' ribcage. I'm not the sort of person who enjoys doing that sort of thing, I can assure you." Well, only to people who drastically double-crossed her. She knew what she was referencing.

Taeli, though...

Darth Timoris

Melori wasn't entirely sure what a standard Sith Lord was - except the majority enjoyed inflicting pain as some form of proof of worthiness. Not all she had found - but the majority. It was definitely a sink or swim culture and for as long as she kept her head above water, she would endure.

"So how do you know my Master...I mean sister?"

@Enigma

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom