Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Dark Gathering

Dash Colton Dash Colton TE-236 TE-236 Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a Torc Valhorn Torc Valhorn
Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren Chassella Chassella Khohnuirrann Stormmantle XXXVI Pheretha Ren Rul Tondar Rul Tondar The Seer CETCOM CETCOM Shade of Decay Shade of Decay

Temporary Command Designation: RRS Endurance

"Thank you, Mr. Gin," Vera said, responding to the tactical droid. "I look forward to seeing the analysis and possibilities you and Mr. Tovald come up with."

Beneath their feet, the engines rumbled to life and there was a subtle shift in the gravitic field as the artificial gravity activated beneath their feet.

The cityscape of Terminus shifted and then began to shrink beneath them as the ship lurched upwards into the atmosphere. She could just make out the dots of ships and speeders as they were rerouted by the Terminus Traffic Authority to give them the fastest route to the jump point.

The thrum of the decking beneath her foot gave her some comfort, even as the discomfort of what this new vessel settled more deeply. She felt a sour taste in her mouth as the planet disappeared and stars grew bright through the atmosphere and the deep black of space stretched out beyond them.

"Navigator, chart course for Polis Mass, fast as possible," Vera said, buckling the safety straps on the captain's chair. "Mr. Torc, how are the engines?"

Further prow-ward, a Petty Officer glanced up at Dash's question, "Canteen is three decks up, four compartments starboard, and five compartments sternwards."

Muk Moadda

Tiland raised an eyebrow as the response came back, exchanging glances with Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki and the captain, before mouthing Who is this person?

The cameloid captain just gave a shrug, and then leaned forward, studying the incoming data packets, and even his inscrutable face paled at the description.

Tiland pursed his lips, "Thank you, Captain, we appreciate that. We will forward it on as well as we can. Do you think we can safely land to investigate?" At the last comments, he tilted his head in consideration. "Is something wrong? Should I inform the Rescue Service that your ship is in distress?"

Muk Moadda

M
Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Muk jammed a wire into another wire. The navicomputer produced a gratifying series of beeps.

"Nah, I've got it, no help needed."

He settled back into his pilot seat, picking his nose thoughtfully.

"I sabotaged the landing bay's atmospheric field, so the bay's all hard vacuum. I wouldn't land too close to the bay: no telling what capabilities those ships have. There's a maintenance bay on the other side of the complex, too small for the bad-guy ships, nothing in there but a cheap old shuttlepod. If you take something small, not a bad place to get in. There might be airlocks around or on top of the facility, too. I dunno, plenty of places to get in, I just wouldn't call any of'em safe."

The navicomputer breewheeped.

"Happy hunting, Jedi."

Muk and his prize jumped to lightspeed.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Tags: Vera Tillian Vera Tillian | Dash Colton Dash Colton | TE-236 TE-236 | Torc Valhorn Torc Valhorn | Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren | Chassella Chassella | Khohnuirrann Stormmantle XXXVI | Pheretha Ren | Rul Tondar Rul Tondar | The Seer | CETCOM CETCOM | Shade of Decay Shade of Decay

==========

Tovald sat at his station and before he got down to business, he took the time to practice with the equipment. He cannot afford to make errors. The controls seem simple enough and the seat was comfy and he was doing something useful. He settled down to check the scanners, so far nothing of note. Knowing the Galaxy the silence may not last for long. So far from all the reports coming in on the 'net, the whole Galaxy could be engulfed in Chaos very soon.

Look at the disaster in Chiss Space, that was still being felt even now. The destruction is long ago by any standard but the displacement is still happening. The Maw are even worse than the Bryn, far worse.

He twirled his stylus between his fingers as he read the readings on his screen, he did take notes of things that were strange but not too alarming. He did put his feet up behind a niche behind his station to lessen the vibrations going up into his legs. At least he knew they were moving. Going back to his scanners and readouts, he concentrated on all the small bits that could be missed.

Better to make himself busy than to think about Hyperspace boredom that may set in after a while. A datapad has been filled, so far the anomalies were space-related star activity, nothing serious at present. But there is no logic in not covering every possibilty.

Dark Gathering

"I've heard of such techniques," Pyeth agreed with Tiland, "But I can't say to have ever had the displeasure of encountering such things." He paused to consider what his mentor had said before responding, "I do not think I have the discipline to live a life absent of emotion, but learning to better command them. Knowing when and how that I can try."

A scavenger ship seemed to have caught Captain's attention, and soon Tiland himself was addressing the creature on the other side of the line. It sounded casual, a strange calmness given the situation they were facing. He shared in Tiland's confusion, although he felt mild respect for the scavenger having inconvenienced the attackers.

"Do you know how many-"

He was gone. He'd like to have known more about the dangers they faced, but he couldn't blame the Captain for jumping the sector. He turned back to Tiland and the Captain, "That was peculiar. How much longer would it take us to reach the coordinates he shared with us? Assuming, of course, we aren't being misdirected into a trap."

Tag: Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Muk Moadda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom