Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Danger Zone

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Galven Solomon"]

The world was a dangerous place, jungle and caves she had explored with an old friend who was no longer around as Matsu clasped her hands looking at the ancient base they had found and she had droids and a team working on. The Rozzum under it were gone, destroyed or returned to their home dimension. She had hoped, it was really hard to navigate dimensions when you really were not certain how dimensional engineering worked even with knowledge from gree and kwa repositories. She was looking things over while they had the landing pad protected with sonic emitters as she waited for the one to arrive. Someone had contacted her and she knew gallos was a place to secure deposits of cortosis she could work with for her mining interests and hunters. They could work on the order he wished to give while she rubbed her hands together and some of the converters were being set up. Warehouse and building fixed to store things they found from the vong on the world and mandalorian teams that had been here. It was a great place to work to build up some of their assets. "Alert me when the ship arrives." Matsu looked over at the ones working with the sensors and communications gear.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

The ship was in hyperspace just exiting over the planet of Gallos, Galven was unnerved, hesitant, and quite frank unsure of what would be awaiting him down on the planet. He had been enroute for a special, under the radar mission for a special product, here... needing a special material for it. "Come on... Viskis I told you to get some armor for this, do you want me to die down there?" Viskis and his squad were chuckling to themselves, "I'm sorry Solomon, cut me a break, you've been making me run all over the galaxy recently and I haven't even had a drink yet!"

"I don't care, we're going down there in these cliche, half torn smuggler outfits - by the way we need new ones - and we're fighting freaking Acklay." They were in the middle of getting dressed after the quick briefing. The men chuckled a little louder as Galven mentioned 'Acklay,' and he pointed at them, "That's it, shape up right now. I don't want this down on the planet. You are my soldiers, you wear that crusty uniform and tight with pride, right now." And with that the men quieted down and got finished, some heading towards the hangar bay. "Understood, Commander." Viskis said, waiting for Galven to be finished.

"We've exited Hyperspace and over the planet, Commander." A voice over the comms spoke up, "Shuttle is loaded and waiting"

Galven with the rest of Viskis' squad piled into the shuttle, taking a seat as it exited the hangar and head down towards the planet.

"Viskis."
"Yes, sir?"
"We're meeting a young woman. Behave."
"Yeeees sir."

The sounds of the droids comign and working as they set to work. She was observing the new power systems being set up and added to the building with an office made for them. The holomap showing the tunnels below and the mine they were working on accessing. Different ections where vong biotech had over grown the world and the jungles with creatures had her checking them. "Master Matsu there is a ship in orbit." She gave a nod of her head to that and bowed thinking about all of it while she was making the movements to show where to seal and section off storage areas with larger equipment. "Thank you." A ship likely meant the one who had contacted their ship and she looked over more of the lists while the droids worked on the progress reports for her forearm computer.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

The shuttle lowered down past the atmosphere slowly but surely, coming down just above the area where they were plotting a course to. Once it reached the landing pad Galven stood up, "While you're all here, remember I trust you won't do anything you shouldn't. Ignoring my fear of Acklay, wherever the mine is, I want none of you to enter, it'll just be me and the Jedi."

"That's very much out your caution zone, are you Solomon?" Viskis asked
"If I ever hope to gain this womans trust I must trust her and respect any and all Jedi traditions, Viskis. I don't feel my life is in danger."

Viskis shrugged, acknowledging Galvens words, just as the shuttle touched down on the landing pad, it's ramp opening and the men shuffling off. Galven was out in front, Viskis behind him, and 5 other men behind, all of them dressed in old mercenary/smuggler gear

Matsu looked up when she felt it, the field of detection she had worked with to learn how to project and sense life signs that came at her. Her eyes were looking towards the landing pad as she felt it out nodding before rising up and securing her hair in the tight braids with a small smirk on her face. "They are here." She said it to no one but moved to one of the open walls that looked down and over the main staging area for the old base. In the middle of the landing pad and the base so she could see it while the small containment shield was in place to keep it and seal it while the droids and researchers were working. Matsu started walking as one of the doors were being installed and one of the barracks converted to work and use the converters. A room set up to harvest and cultivate sparkbee honey for them. "Woonderful, keep working on the inventory and find all that we have within this old place."

Galven looked around, but not seeing the woman yet, "Pilot, stay here."

"The young lady you mentioned isn't here, Commander." Viskis said, taking a slouched stance as his eyes wondered, slinging his rifle on his shoulder.

"Viskis don't wave that thing around, I don't care how skilled you are, it's unprofessional."
"You pay me to be unprofessional, sir." Viskis chuckled, the rest of the team smirked.

"Last time I'm telling you to straighten up Viskis. If the others saw this they'd see me unfit for my position."
"Alright, alright."

"Let's head into the facility, but if there's any security, we comply, got it?"
The others nodded and Galven took the first step towards the old compound that was being rebuilt, in search of the woman he was to find. Galven was only armed with a blaster pistol at this time, and it was holstered.

Matsu raised an eyebrow as she stood there and listened to them, thoughts going through her head before she stepped out of the building letting her eyes drift to the landing pad while she was moving with some of her attention going to the different sections they had. Vong biots being harvested and the different creatures they could study before she stepped up speaking. "Nice ship." The small jedi master looking at him and the one with him as she smiled. "Welcome to Gallos, be careful not to step in anything, the rancors are still able to roam into the area if they are larger then the emitters."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Galven stopped as he noticed the woman they were looking for and raised a hand, waving, to greet her. "Greetings, miss. I'm the one that contacted you, I'm Galven. This horrible excuse of a man is Viskis." He grinned as Viskis nudged his shoulder hard into Galven's. "The rest of these men are my security detail. Viskis is ...something else, but I trust him, he's my friend. Ah, Rancors... I'll stay close. Where is the mine for the material?"

Matsu was looking at him with a grin though as she took them all in and continued to look with black orbs for her eyes until he asked where the mine was. They had been working to get into it and had managed to access it and seal the one entrance in the mountain so they knew where things were and cming from with the defenses. The creatures being routed and either tagged to track or they were going out into their own homes. "It is off the sub-basement. we have been working on making it safe for miners and others to come and access." She turned on her heel and motioned with her hand while looking at some of the trees they were transplanting into a smaller open area. "We're working to grow lambents with our new vong acquisitions."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Galven eagerly followed behind the woman, keeping his distance to hope he didn't upset her by being too close. "Lambents... They seem familiar... something related to Vongs, right? I don't really do much research on the Vongs. But yes... Before I came here I was going to try and bring some mining equipment... unfortunately those who I could purchase from didn't respond, or were sold out. Do we have mining equipment here?"

Matsu wa slooking at him as she gave a small nod of her head. "Yes we do, we acquired a mining company awhile back and have major aurodium mines throughout the galaxy. It has proven quite profitable." For a jedi group that didn't need material gains and means well profitable was subjective when she came about since the aurodium they had just was sold off or kept to kill coffers that they needed and get them supplies. "The mines here though have dangerous creatures in them however and with the vong involvement on the world things have changed on it in some places overgrowing. We've been working with our vong division to get what we can cleared. It keeps some away from the mines."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"That sounds seriously troublesome." He noted, looking around the place. "I have similar troubles as well, and lately my own bank has been getting small. I'd honestly help if I could to keep us friendly.... Small on what I can spend it all on, no worries to the expenditure here, I have set aside a good amount. Speaking of which... we haven't come to a price yet..." He suggested to her, pondering to himself. "Anyway, after you." He inclined, making a hand gesture as if he will follow her lead toward the mines.

Matsu looked at him. "I am not usually god with prices one of the things of being a jedi is the lack of really spending. We get what we need and that is it. That this group I started has gotten this big well, we try to providewhat people need for people instead of taking advantage and charging them high prices so they are desperate." She continued forward and into the building as the lift was repaired to head down to the lower levels. "We got it working quickly and we shall see how much you need for this. I like trading and having more information and technology compared to just credits I am never going to use."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Galven followed suit, listening to the woman speak and being able to sympathize with her in understanding, having things are far better than just having the credits. "Well that's nice to hear, yes... I'd prefer having a starbase over some credits, it's much more useful. And buying them... are a pain in their own way. But about the Cortosis ore... I shouldn't need much. A chunk a little bigger than my hand should be fine, unless it needs to be refined and such, I have no idea of the workings of Mining. I just want it to be an add-on to the hilt, not necessarily integrated into it. On the Guard shoto it has the grip sticking out of the hilt, I want the Cortosis Guard to go around the Grip so it protects my hand and fingers, do you understand what I mean?"

Matsu was looking at him and gave a nod of her head in understanding. They could do that and refining cortosis was important as it was brittle and you needed it to be with something. "Refining and working it is important. It is too brittle and will break or go away if you are not careful. You'll need some other metal of your choice but we can make a guard for a guard." She was moving and in the lift as they were heading down the droid that was working the lift before she clasped her hands in front of herself. Looking over a few things on her holopad as she was working it and thinking of ways to set it up. "Should be easily enough done and we'll get you want you need. The mining process is done easily enough."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Galven nodded and hummed, thinking for a moment. "You'll have to excuse me, even with knowing the existence of Cortosis, I know only a little of exotic ores, and even less of basic. Any old metal should do, right? Or does it need to be bonded with something else that is rare? I hope not, I hate leavin-"

"Our Commander here gets upset when he has to leave his little safe base, miss. So could we hurry this up?" Viskis interrupted.

"Viskis! Vape it! What the kark did I tell you?!" Galven gripped his weapon but stopped, taking a breath as he remembered where he was, and who he was with. His men looked in shock, usually they always joked around with their Commander, but they had never seen him so serious around Force Users, he was usually the one shooting wise cracks at them. Neither was he much of a cusser.

"Viskis, I need you in case we get attacked, I don't want to make you wait. Please, we're friends, act civilized for once." Galven was trying to take in and listen to the woman, not intelligence gathering, but he truly had an interest for once, maybe Viskis was a bad idea to bring him, but he was a friend.

Galven turned back to the woman and squinted, shaking his head. "I'm sorry... are we taking this lift?"

Matsu looked at him and the other remaining quiet as the other spoke and she just kept the black orbs of her eyes on their faces. "Any metal will do in theory but you wouldn't use something designed or used in a fork for a guard." She had a few ideas for moving them through as she rubbed her hands together. More thoughts going across her mind but she wasn't saying it yet. "It is alright, we got the things working first so we could protect and secure different areas without allowing creatures to group up and become a real danger." Matsu was standing there looking at him while she remained ready to begin.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Galven took a breath to steady himself and calm his nerves, closing his eyes and opening them back to the woman. "I apologize, I have a terrible fear of Acklay, a fear these mongrels hassle me with. Without them I'd be incredibly more uneasy, places with them are probably the only place I'd never go, no matter who ordered me." He said, as he was ready now for whatever was next

Matsu was looking at him and arkley were nasty things she had faced while looking at him and finally offering a smile. "Worry not we won't have those running around here." Well as far as she knew, there could be many things as her attention was going over the mines below. She could feel them in the force as she was heading down into them. There was the sounds as they got lower of machinery and more people when the doors opened to reveal workers and miners setting themselves up with carts and equipment. The plasma cutters for slicing into the rock and getting to the cortosis veins. "Though never know, Felucia is a place I rather enjoy sometimes."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Galven nodded as he listened. He agreed Felucia can be nice, it can be beautiful, but he will try his hardest to never set a foot on that planet. "Viskis, stay by the Lift once be reach the bottom, alright?" Galven asked, Viskis nodded. Viskis felt it was a waste of time to bring the whole team along, but Galven has done sillier things, so he didn't question it. "You have quite the expedition going on down here, it seems."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom