Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Crossing

4RROZdD.png

Outskirts of Nezamiyeh, Chaldea

Ishani had gone for a walk.

She kept to paved sidewalks at first, moving over flattened ground. Then her feet found their way to a dirt road, well-trod, but rougher beneath her soles. Finally, she left the paths altogether, travelling out across grassy hills, until she reached a brook that cut across the landscape, blocking her path.

All while she walked, she’d been lost in thought, hardly aware of where she was going. Now she looked around and realized she didn’t know where she was. She was in no danger of being truly lost—the datapad in her pocket would tell her how to get home. But for now, she didn’t reach for it, didn’t turn back.

Avoiding getting her shoes wet, she stepped on a dry stone big enough to hold her weight, then crouched down to fish around in the stream, humming to herself. It was an old tune about a girl whose love had abandoned her, comparing it to him having sailed away and left her marooned on a deserted island.

"I will lay here for eternity... the waves will break every chain on me..." she sang under her breath. She collected a few smooth pebbles from the riverbed, gathering them in the palm of her other hand. "My bones will bleach, my flesh will flee..."

She couldn't remember all the words, so she just went on humming the melody over again.

Once on the planet Chaldea, the girl decided to visit a local little-known tourist spot on the outskirts of Nezamiyeh, the planet's capital.
The stunning greenery and, at the same time, the mountain ridge in the distance caught the girl's attention as soon as she left the capital on her own two feet.
It was not new for the girl to walk far, but it was always curious and somehow childishly mystical to explore such a landscape.
As there was hardly anyone around, her mind soon found itself in perfect harmony with the music of the place: with the sound of distant waterfalls, beautiful animal species
and the scents of lonely but beautiful flowers. Neryn's feet got a little blistered, but this, on the contrary, motivated the girl to go further into the heart of this tundra and look for something wonderful there,
like the fairy tale of the lost beauty. In the end Naivia did indeed come across the lonely figure of a girl who was apparently thinking about something, holding pebbles in her hands and romantically humming an unknown song.

Neryn crouched quietly beside her so as not to disturb her. She herself took a couple of stones and began to study their composition and material as a result of her multidisciplinary profession and she liked it a lot.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Absorbed as she was in her rock-collecting, Ishani noticed a speck wandering across the moor. The speck grew larger, becoming a figure, then finally it drew close enough to her position that she could make out its features. It was a woman—a girl, really, with long white hair.

Ishani went on minding her own business, no longer singing, even as the girl reached the brook and stooped to gather a few stones of her own. She figured the girl was here for similar reasons: out for a walk, enjoying nature, and collecting items she found along the trails.

Spotting more gleaming pebbles in the water, Ishani hopped over to another rock, a move that put some distance between her and the girl. The hem of her long dress dipped into the water as she changed places, droplets trickling over her leather shoes, but she seemed unconcerned with muddying the black gown and simply crouched again to retrieve her prize from the stream.

In response, Neryn silently gathered a couple of interesting stones and settling herself comfortably in a lotus pose made the force entity take control of half her body causing her hand to glow like her hair and one of her eyes to glow in three colours. She took one of the stones and touched it. The runes glowed in it and the girl exclaimed cheerfully

"I told you I'd find it and you didn't believe me! "

So began to check each stone after which her body became normal again and after fixing her clothes she stood up and after apologising to the girl, went down closer to the water and began to listen to it, covering her eyes and imagining its temperature, the flow of water, the little micro-organisms in it and more, which made this exercise many times more profound and informative.

During it, Neryn looked at the other figure thinking if there was any reason for her to start talking which might kill the atmosphere or just let he be with personal thoughts and desires.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Ishani was content to live and let live. She wasn’t in the habit of talking to strangers, and this girl was someone she’d never met before.

But when you encounter a stranger who starts levitating and glowing out of the blue, well, you take notice. At first Ishani froze, staring wide-eyed at the girl who was now hovering in a lotus position, half of her body luminous, while the other half remained normal. The girl said something, but she didn’t seem to be talking to Ishani.

By the time the bizarre display had come to an end and the girl apologized, Ishani was standing upright, rocks clutched in her hand as if she were poised to throw them.

What was that all about?” she asked incredulously. Was this girl an alien? Some sort of weird spirit? Chaldea was full of folktales about wandering spirits, none of them particularly benevolent or trustworthy, and Ishani had dealt with her fair share of beastly shades. This situation might spell trouble.

In response to the girl's possible fear, Neryn instantly stopped going into
into the life of the microflora and standing up she bowed and said

"I am Naivia Neryn, an amateur traveller. I have a force entity called singing fire in my body. It helps me to learn about the world around me and with its power I can study the traces of those who once created many thousands of worlds throughout the galaxy and slightly
translate their language for a personal and general social plan for the development of all life forms in the galaxy. You may even need to start your own academy, in any case please don't be afraid of me as I am kind and hope I can help you if you ever need my help."

The girl bowed and continued to listen to the water, but this time only her eye remained at three colours, the rest of her body did not burn or give off a strange warmth and aura. The girl tried not to get out of her usual cameo anymore, which helped
to hide herself from possible persons who would not mind talking to her in person on various subjects, but thank God there was no such thing.
But thank God this did not happen so Neryn continued to wander the systems in the hope that the new meeting would be a more interesting experience than the previous one, and it would be nice if it was not too rich in various details.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Last edited:
Uh...” Ishani murmured, watching as Naivia bowed and explained herself. A Force entity? Yep, sounded like a case of spirit possession.

Naivia didn’t seem to be suffering, and she spoke positively of the entity, “Singing Fire”, in her body, so Ishani didn’t bother offering to exorcise her. On the other hand, she was more wary of the girl now than ever.

What do you mean, I may need to start my own academy?

Last edited:
"When you know so much, you want your knowledge to be shared with history, culture, literature and more. So I'm thinking of founding a school where people can use my discoveries to help intelligent races understand their nature and their weaknesses. To improve not only technologically, but also spiritually, from within. Though the Sith and the Jedi and the Grey ones and many others have this inner development, like my own, it is far from the true, pristine from which all is created."

Answered Neryn in a sweet voice and with a serious expression on her face

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"I am saying that my vision is different from theirs and I want others to criticise it, improve it, adapt it to their needs and see the force through their own visions too. But I am still too young for that, but I hope I will get more knowledge and experience with years to come"

Neryn replied, sitting upright and looking back at the Ishani, wondering why she was so curious about her overview of the world around her. She wasn't an extremely educated or powerful person. She was a mix of naive child trying to act like he knows it all and woman wondering about eternal themes of existence.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

It sounded like Naivia wasn’t trying to promote herself or some new philosophy of the Force; she simply wasn’t satisfied with what the Jedi or the Sith had to offer.

Ishani could understand that perspective. She had tried to be a Sith, then she had tried to be a Jedi. In the end she had turned away from both paths and returned to her roots, coming home to Chaldea to study as a Mystic.

Why are you here?” Ishani asked. “Why did you approach me?

"The fact that we have met is only a coincidence as I did not choose this point, but the park as a whole to study the ancient artefacts that are in it. But I am by no means a danger to you, I have not and will not be divided into enemies and my own. "

The girl replied taking out a small map from her bag and began to study it, trying to figure out where to go next in order to meet a more unique terrain where the chance of meeting something ancient is many times higher than here and she almost succeeded, which Naivia was unspeakably pleased and stood up to find exactly the direction in which she would go to the next treasure trove of knowledge and possibly information.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

You won’t find any ancient artifacts here,” Ishani replied. “This planet was only settled around a thousand years ago. At most, you’ll find animal fossils, rocks, and minerals.

Ishani crossed the stream, standing on the other side. She looked back at Naivia.

Good luck with your quest for knowledge, or whatever. Try not to show other people here what you are—the Potentium is in power, and they hate the Force, including Force entities.

With that, she continued on her walk.

"It sounds as if you have no interest at all in associating with strangers."

Neryn replied, scrutinising Ishani's appearance and trying to understand what motivates this girl.

"There is something of the Umbarans race about you, very interesting. And there's something about you...connected to the 'light' and simultaneously the 'dark' side of the force.
A similar experience to me, perhaps. I mean that I can help you, if your goals run the risk of turning into ashes. Especially since every goal of living beings
has its share of universal desire. And as a guardian of the Force, I am always interested in looking at the life and philosophy from angle of all sentient beings. All the more so because I am unarmed and do not plan to
to hurt you. "

After these words the girl took a couple of steps forward to let Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn know that she would not just stay here surrounded by rivers and pebbles, she had come and if she could help, she would .

"It sounds as if you have no interest at all in associating with strangers."

"Not at the moment, no."

Ishani was no social butterfly. She didn't relish attention or strike up conversations with people she didn't know. If Naivia was looking for some kind of deep spiritual debate, Ishani was not the person for it.

As Naivia made a few remarks about Ishani's species and aura, the Mystic stopped to glare over her shoulder at the possessed girl. "My heritage is irrelevant," she said. "And as for being connected to both sides of the Force, I never believed in that hogwash. The Force has no sides. Good and evil come from people, not some nebulous energy."

She resumed walking, aware that Naivia was a few steps behind.

"I mean that I can help you, if your goals run the risk of turning into ashes. Especially since every goal of living beings has its share of universal desire. And as a guardian of the Force, I am always interested in looking at life and philosophy from the angle of all sentient beings. All the more so because I am unarmed and do not plan to to hurt you. "

"You keep saying you don't want to hurt me. I get it." Ishani smirked. "I don't think you could hurt me even if you tried. Nor could you help me achieve my goals or my 'universal desire', whatever that means."

Ishani's goals were simple and largely within her grasp. Her heart's desire, on the other hand, was impossible. The man she loved was gone, and even if he returned, she knew they could never be together. Her life had changed too much since then.

Maybe she was being too hard on Naivia. The girl seemed to mean well, and was simply curious. Ishani sighed, her manner softening a bit. "I'm a Chaldean Mystic," she said. "I believe the Force should almost never be used. Other people in my religion cut themselves off from the Force to avoid abusing it. But a Mystic keeps their connection to help others and rebuke those who use the power of the Force to do harm."

In response, Neryn simply smiled and replied

"Very interesting! Am I right in assuming that this planet is in a sense your spiritual home or
Does it all feel different to you?"

The girl did keep up with the Chaldean Mystic though, as she was very inquisitive and meticulous in her research tours of the galaxy
during which Naivia borrowed from the local peoples and people of different backgrounds the knowledge and customs of their lives, which for her was a great blessing and
During these encounters, Naivia borrowed knowledge and customs from the local culture and people from different walks of life, which was a huge blessing for her and the freedom she had longed for since her youth.
The concept of using power only for the benefit of others was also new to her, although similar practices in one form or another had been noticed by the girl before.

"And if I may also ask, what do you consider the main value of your life? In my case, it's a state of constant movement, of striving somewhere far away."

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"Very interesting! Am I right in assuming that this planet is in a sense your spiritual home or does it all feel different to you?"

Ishani shrugged her shoulders. "This planet is where I was born and raised. I ran away from home when I was eighteen... but I kept coming back here for one reason or another."

She frowned, her eyes downcast. She didn't want to tell Naivia her life story, but talking about her beliefs was so deeply entwined in the events of her past, it was impossible to separate them. Her experiences had shaped her views.

"Chaldea has always been my home. So yes, I guess it's my spiritual home. I've lived in other places, but this is the only planet that ever felt like home."

"And if I may also ask, what do you consider the main value of your life? In my case, it's a state of constant movement, of striving somewhere far away."

The main value of her life? That was a question she had never asked herself. "I suppose... my family? They give my life meaning." But that was not what Naivia had asked. Not meaning, value. Similar concepts, but different.

"The main value of my life is to do the right thing," she answered at last, after several moments of contemplation. "I used to sit and watch the people around me do evil things. I didn't do anything about it because I was afraid, or because it was too difficult, or because I didn't think I was strong or smart enough. I told myself it didn't concern me, and I shouldn't care about what didn't concern me. Now I understand that evil flourishes because people do nothing. Maybe they have the same reasons I had, but those reasons are just lousy excuses."

She wasn't sure if she had answered Naivia's question properly, but it was something she thought needed to be said.

Last edited:
Home, homeland, cradle of life, ancestral home... How many words have been coined to refer to the one place where you were born,
where your loved ones were, your very first memories, your very first tastes, smells. The first things a young child touches, bites, tries to understand what joy is, what warmth is,
tenderness, tickling and many other things that made up the first winters and summers of a child's life. So Neryn was glad that the girl was not afraid to explain the reason for the almost
gravitational force that made her come back to this land every time and look at the changes that hardly touched this wondrous planet.

After Naivia heard a rather long answer to the question about the core value of life that hinted at her deep knowledge of the surrounding reality and the relationship between the different forms of intelligent life. Lest the girl be embarrassed by
not the brightest of reactions to her answer-lecture, she smiled sweetly and continued her speech.

"The purpose of life is both an easy topic and a very deep one. As everyone sees this varied world in their own way and distinguishes things of value from it in their own way. That's why I think that
one must try to strive for one's goals, but one must not forget one's inner world. This is purely my assessment, so I hope that you will succeed. And if you don't mind, can you tell me the best places to visit in the world capital?
Not the most expensive, but not too easy, just to see life from your angle."

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

In the capital, there’s the Chaldean Academy… but I don’t recommend you go there, unless you’re very good at hiding Singing Fire." The Mystics and Paladins weren't very tolerant of Force Users or Force Entities. "If you do go, tell them Ishani Sibwarra sent you.

There are other things in the capital. It's like any other major city. There are theaters and museums, clubs and beaches, restaurants… honestly, I enjoy just walking around. There’s always something to see.

"Hmm.. I am. Not really good at finding exact spots for the best views so maybe I can walk with you or do you want to be completely lonely? "

Neryn asked as she respected one`s desire for seclusion, isolation and other things which she found out about different clans and cults while visiting less explored areas of the outer rim which shocked her in the good way.

"Or if you want, I can try and make a figure of anyone you want. I love doing that, really helps calming down whole information searching mission which keeps my life fit always"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom