Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Confederate Question [Galactic Senate]

Constantine was not a senator. Not yet. After his participation at the Federalist Summit, he had been promoted to Junior Representative by Carolina Tevinter Carolina Tevinter . Days later, he'd been brought to a closed session of the Senate. In the same pod as the Azure senator, he listened to her urge for a diplomatic solution. The Senate was still alien to the Anaxsi, giving him little time to think between memorizing names and paying attention to what those names were saying. It quickly became obvious that playing politics was nothing like a battle. In a battle, it was a struggle of wills, with no room for either to back down. Here it seemed compromise was not only an option, but a critical tool. Here, the two opposing wills were of those seeking a diplomatic option, and those seeking war. Constantine knew well that a war was risky, himself a military leader, but he also lusted for a chance to prove himself further. Maybe a war would help his military career...

A new piece of information changed the discussion dramatically. A treaty had been brought up. Instantly the Anaxsi representative seized upon this new information, reading it while the aide who brought the news spoke. He barely heard Senator Greeble the Hutt Greeble the Hutt speak. As he read his mind churned. A diplomatic solution had been given to the senate. This could mean two things. First, the CIS truly intended to improve relations with the Alliance, which could make them a valuable ally. The second was that the Confederacy was weak then or expected to be weak soon, possibly planning to launch an invasion of another galactic government. He moved quickly, hoping to begin his true political career well.

First he turned to his Prime minister, "Permission to speak, ma'am?" then to the Senate at large.

"This treaty holds many opportunities. We would secure our hold over the core without violence, saving valuable ships and soldiers for the future. The opened hyperspace routes and trade would make it even easier for us to bring prosperity to our worlds. However it also brings with it risks--If the Confederacy intends to break the treaty, and have fleets in position using those very same opened hyperspace routes, we would could be crippled. If our government makes new alliances with soon to be enemies of the Confederates, we would be unable to come to their aid without breaking the treaty.

There are ways to minimize the risks. The open trade and movement will make it far easier to set up spy networks. If the Confederacy builds up forces, we will know, and we can use the same trick to break them. This treaty in in our favor, and I urge the senate to ratify it. We will be ready for war if our trust is broken, and if it not the Alliance will only be more secure and stable."

Shutting his mic off, Constantine stepped back. He hoped the senators would understand his strategically-minded words, or that at least the Admirals crying for war would see his point. They outranked him militarily, as well as here. But they were not stupid. The Commodore's points would not fall on deaf ears, even if the brain between them decided against his opinion.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mina Praji Mina Praji Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Kryo Adab Jasol Dorsian Taega Vrav'lan Maou Maou Faith Organa Faith Organa Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Gat Tambor Gat Tambor Vonar Ardinn

Sssar had been pensively silent as he heard the arguments of his counterparts. To him the situation was far too reaching though the possibility of avoiding conflict with the Confederacy whenever the Alliance was in the midst of infrastructural projects did entice him. "Eclipssse votesss to approve the treaty." he voiced with confidence "With the underssstanding that ssshould the Vicelord not be a man of hisss word it will lead to war. Thisss isss an ultimatum for lasssting peace. I know that the Alliance will not falter, the next great war laysss in the handsss of the Confederacy." The only thing that could result from this sort of generalized exchange was peace or war, there could be no middle ground without the Alliance backing down in weakness.

Weakness.

The stench filled his nostrils as he read the summary of the treaty before his eyes. He lowered his reading glasses down and set them to his side. The Lord-Regent's eyes never left the treaty, reading and re-reading. Weakness. After their failures against the terrorists of the Agents of Chaos, this offer further proves it. With the reaches of the Outer Rim opening themselves to the plunder of the Confederates with the fall of the Outer Rim Alliance, they could negotiate a favorable peace with the simple 'gift' of two worlds.

The Galactic Alliance could achieve much more. Wealthy worlds of manufacturing such as Fondor and the bacta producing Thyferra could do well for the economy of the Alliance and through that - the economy of Kuat. If not, then war was the option; to advance the agenda of the military-industrial complex of Kuat that held the Kuati economy and bring prosperity to his world.

Yet, look at them - the initial votes in favor of the peace treaty furthered his leaning towards Alliance skepticism.

These fools.

The Lord-Regent of Kuat sighed, gently brushed his temples and reached for his walking cane once more. Julius stood up with its help and spoke:

"Honorable Senators, I suggest you carefully analyze the bigger picture, the situation with which this offer has arrived." the passionate voice replaced with frigidness. Frigidness borne of the necessities he was to undertake for the interests of Kuat if the Alliance showed weakness. His voice flared a bit next. "This is a terrible deal, a deal benefiting no one but the Confederacy. The ratification of this deal is a show of weakness. Kuat votes for a renegotiation of this pathetic deal."

9Romjfm.png

There was much that transpired after I had taken my first steps into the political realm. While my words were taken into consideration by some, I went wholly unrecognized for my efforts at attempting to find the middle ground. While I was the furthest thing from Organic, my positronic matrix still recognized and rendered emotions - comparable to that of a fully-fledged sentient being. I wouldn’t feel them, naturally, but it was a part of my programming to recognize and present an emotional response when required. At that very moment, my patrician features sported a furrowed brow of annoyance. However, my logic circuits recognized that it was an utterly childish gesture in the grand scheme of things. Why should I care if my organic designation wasn’t mentioned by my supposed colleagues, especially since I seemed to be one of the few moderates within a Chamber of extremes?

So, that visage of irritation faded as events began to unfold. Instead, it was replaced by surprise as the representative from the Chancellor’s Office stepped forward. She relayed the proposition from the Vicelord of the Confederacy themselves, seeking to establish a positive relationship between their two governments. At first, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. The Confederacy was more than happy to cede entire sectors away from their union, likely without consulting their planetary leaders, and give them to the Alliance. That alone, was madness. The fact that they could make that decision without a public referendum went to show that the Confederacy would willingly abandon it’s people in the hopes of gaining a potential ally in the future.

That wasn’t evening going so far as to mention what would transpire when that shift in territory occurred. The populace would undoubtedly be divided as a result. Civil unrest would sky rocket, and the Judicial Forces would have their hands full - which would stretch their already thinned resources even more. It was likely that the Military would be forced to intervene as Peacekeepers to ensure the smooth transition of power. Which meant that there would be countless lives put in danger on either side of the spectrum, as the divergent political ideologies clashed against one another. And that was the peaceful resolution if this proposition was accepted and agreed upon by the Senate. Who was to say how bad it would be if they decided to go back to the drawing board, and the Senate voted for War?

What would be the cost then? Would these Warhawks even consider picking up a rifle to defend their worlds, or would they send others to their doom in the hopes of claiming the day?

I couldn’t tell. While I could attempt to predict the future, it was rarely accurate. Even those Prognosticators gifted with the mystical arts weren’t always correct. The ebbs and flows of the future were always changing. Every time someone tried to influence their direction, the path would change and lead to a result that very few desired. “No matter how hard these Organics seek to grasp the void, and manifest their destiny, something always gets in the way.” I whispered, ensuring that only the man standing within my assigned Repulsorpord could hear my words. “I fear that in their blind pursuit of a meaningless conflict, they’ll likely turn our allies into enemies and cause a War from which we’ll never recover.”

“The short term profit would doubtlessly be a benefit for those Warhawks,”
the Compatriot said with a thick, desert-dwelling accent. “However, they fail to see the long-term effects that an upsurge in militancy would have on the myriad peoples of the Core. The people are tired. They’re tired of being thrown into wars that aren’t of their own making, and defending - or even fighting for people that don’t give two shits about them.”

“Absolutely,”
I said, nodding subtly in agreement. “We can thank the Sith and their crumbling Empire for that. Which leads us to an interesting point, as the Vicelord is a Sith too. While many would like to state that there’s a difference - the Man dresses in black and brandishes a Laser Sword for all to see.” My words sponsored a smile to peel across the pearly-whites set into my synthetic gums. “To the Common people, even to the most educated minds in the Galaxy, there’s no difference between Him, the various Orders of the Sith, or even the Jedi. They're all two sides of the same destructive coin, and both have brought untold devastation to the Galaxy at large. So, it’s only natural that these Senators, and the people they represent, would be overly cautious of any deal brought forth by a Sith-ruled Oligarchy.”

“Agreed.”
the Compatriot said, as his attention began to drift. “One can only hope that when they meet with the Confederate Vicelord, they do so with caution. A brandished sword in one hand, whilst the other hesitantly accepts the proverbial olive branch.”

With that brief conversation coming to a close, I watched as the events of the future unfold before my very eyes.

Last edited:

Horcull Thorwel

H
It would be hard to believe of this sudden deal presented to them by the Confederacy be a coincidence. Analyzing this, Kryo could smell the weakness from the Confederacy. This was a move to dissuade any war between the two nations, proving to the Senator of Foeroest and his peers that shared the same agenda as him that those of the Confederacy were weak to hold their own, already being made a dunce from the recent encounters of the terrorist cell "Agents of Chaos". It proved that a war, if declared, would find the Alliance the victors of it.

But he had to make a move; otherwise, the obnoxious Populists would preach the streets of Coruscant.

If one could control the people, they can control the Senate.

"I concur with the Honorable Lord-Regent of Kuat," he rose and spoke in his microphone, gaining the attention for all in the chamber. "This proves that the Confederacy, a nation controlled and governed by a Sith Lord and his degenerate agents of darkness and corruption, are weak much like the supposed superpower of the collapsing Sith Empire. I implore to you all to dismiss this deal and not even bother renegotiating a deal with the Confederacy as we'd be hypocrites to the people we swore to represent, in having peace with those that we are against which is the darkness and the shadow of chaos. I will not shake hands with a Sith Lord as that'd be selling over the people of Foerost; therefore, Foerost votes to dismiss this absurd deal."

No doubt the Senator of Balmorra would step in and push her own agenda while criticizing him and Julius.

Let's see what bag of rubbish she has to spill on the table

Vonar Ardinn

V
This deal proposed by the Confederacy was a surprise to the Lord-Imperator but yet a good one. Gaining control of the territories held by the Confederacy in the Core Worlds was the Alliance's primary focus and yet here the Alliance had the chance to regain access to hyperlanes closed off by the Confederacy. But as usual there would be those who would not see reason and opt for a renegotiation of the treaty or even war with the Confederacy in which in the Lord-Imperator saw as nearly suicidal. While the Agents of Chaos and the New Imperial Order had managed to defeat gigantic superpowers such as the Sith Empire and the Confederacy , he saw no active reason of pursuing war against the Confederacy atleast now that they were willing to hand over their Core World Territories to the Alliance.

"Honorable Senators do not listen to these Warhawks. What the Confederacy has offered to us is enough essentially resolving both the issue of the Atrisia Question and of the Confederacy expansion near the Starbird Trade Spine. With the Confederacy reopening their hyperlanes and ceding Atrisia and Abregado-Rae to us what is the point to go at war with them. Just to overthrow some Sith Lord who's Powerbase is located far away in the Mid Rim? That's absurd. The Alliance was formed with the main purpose to reunite the Core and Deep Core under a Democratic Regime preaching Justice and Freedom. Not to enforce our will on planets against their will like an Imperialist Government."

"While the Confederacy may be led by a Sith Lord , they have maintained a passive stance in these past few years focusing inwards and keeping their distance from Galactic Affairs and even in the past they have fought alongside us against the Imperial Bloc during the Great Galactic War. By attacking them we portray ourselves as Aggressors forcing various Planets who have WILLINGLY joined the Confederacy to join us , something that can lead to a lot of controversy and can easily backfire against us. Henceforth Byss shall vote to support this deal proposed by the Confederacy."

Tags : Mina Praji Mina Praji | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Kryo Adab | Jasol Dorsian | Taega Vrav'lan | Maou Maou | Faith Organa Faith Organa | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

Atrisia and Abregado-Rae...He was more than familiar with Atrisia, it was his peoples' homeworld after all. The other though he had little knowledge of. He tried to search through the memory banks of his mind. He knew the world was known for its trade but even that wasn't at the level of significance when compared with other worlds within the influence of the Galactic Alliance. No. This did not change his mind.

He cast his vote. Hovering pressing the request button, with no one else speaking his pod hovered slowly to position. This would be their last chance before the votes were cast.

"Corellia will not be allying with a Sith-Lord," he said, more to himself than anyone watching, though his voice did reverberate to other near by pods. The irony was not lost on him but it would be on all the others. "Never again. I implore you all to look at more than the credits that will be filling the Galactic Alliance's coffers with the extra tax revenue. Are the hyperlanes worth our soul? I hope you consider this in your vote." His pod hovered back to its idle position and he exited into his recess room to wait for the results of the vote.

Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Kryo Adab Jasol Dorsian Taega Vrav'lan Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Gat Tambor Gat Tambor Saga of Valour Saga of Valour

Sssar looked to his compatriots as many spoke with hesitation with the deal as presented. Eclipse was a small station civilization with little fear of being invaded by the Confederacy "Senator I think they're willing to take the risk." the Filithar's Nautolan chief of staff whispered "Ssso be it." hissed the grand serpent. Sssar's head seemingly floated towards the microphone "The original vote cassst wasss with the livessss of the soldierssss in mind, thosssse who would need to back the ssssentimentssss expresssssed here today. Sssshould you be willing to ssssacrifice your ssssonsss and daughterssss for thesssse principlessss, Eclipsssse, will not ssstand in your way. I resssscind my aye vote and vote now to renegotiate the termssss presssented. Know that you have voted in a manner which jeopardizessss Alliance civilians, treasure, and comfort. I hope it issss worth it."

Maou Maou Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Kryo Adab Jasol Dorsian Taega Vrav'lan Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Gat Tambor Gat Tambor Saga of Valour Saga of Valour

Tython. It was a beautiful and peaceful world. A world which had done much to ease the suffering of those who had been affected by wars and other atrocities committed throughout the galaxy. Ce-Pas-Ton still clearly remembered how they had welcomed refugees from a number of different worlds. The trend was always that they wanted safety, stability and peace.

The Senator let out a sigh as he looked to his aide "I suppose it is time for us to speak." They had remained silent for the duration of the debate. Their side had strong representatives and so did the other. The need for more voices to get involved had seemed minimal. Perhaps they had been too content. Perhaps the time to take a back seat and let his battles be fought for him had to end. In any case, the voices of the people of Tython needed to be heard. And so he rose to speak.

"When listening to the deliberations held here, I cannot help but to think that some worlds would rather seek active conflict against our neighbours than to seek peace. It makes me curious about how many evils you plan on having our sons and daughters take up arms against. Do you want us to take them on all at once or shall we go on a crusade and have them fight one after the other?"

That was certainly more aggressive than he had first intended. And so, the Senator took a deep breath to centre himself before continuing.

"We are being offered peace with one of the more reasonable non-democracies. Let us make the most of it and deploy our military on fronts where the circumstances for innocent civilians are more dire. There is much to be gained in this deal. The increase in trade will help fuel our economy and make us less reliant on borrowed funds. Furthermore, we will once again be able to share our values and our ideas with the people of the Confederacy. "

Ce-Pas-Ton paused for but a brief moment. There was no real suspense in what the Tythonian vote would be.

"All change does not need to be brought by war. Tython votes in favour of ratification of the treaty."

latest
Seto Du Coutaeu
Action: Listening before Speaking
Attire

Br8YpBr.png

Seto calmly flicked through more readouts on his data-slate, it was all going above his head with the discussions, since he had no real concern for anyone outside his own personal family. But. His ears picked up the words from the Senator of Kuat, and it soon became clear that discussions of peace cannot be had without threats of war. If Seto had been in any different place when listening to the arguments being tossed between Senators he might have laughed.

It was almost a sick joke to Seto, from his teens days of being inducted into the Inquisitors of the Galactic Empire then to the Cult of Ren of the First Order and ending his Imperial disillusion as the Director of Commissariat of the Core Imperial Confederacy, the Galaxy simply wanted Seto to come face to face with the reality of it all.

If you want peace, prepare for war. . . Oh that’s good, they should put that on our currency.

The rest of the Senators continued to voice their concerns with pursuing peace talks with the Confederate of Independent Systems, while others brought concerns with having such talks with a Sith Lord. Even a representative of the Republic Engineering Core had spoken their own thoughts on the matter. To Seto, industry was never the issue here, certainly a new hyperlane to bring about further riches of the western part of the galaxy into the Core was never up for debate but if said hyperlane brought alone tensions among the borders of two great galactic powers.

Well, riches inside of transport ships don’t mean anything if they get turned into space dust during a war.

Like all first year business students are taught, in order to secure profit one must minimize risk to ensure a maxim yield on their returns from investments. So, let’s minimize the risk here.

“Empress Teta votes in favor of ratification of the Treaty.”

| Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Gat Tambor Gat Tambor | Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | Saga of Valour Saga of Valour | Kryo Adab | Carolina Tevinter Carolina Tevinter | Vonar Ardinn | Maou Maou | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Greeble the Hutt Greeble the Hutt |

Carolina Tevinter took a step forward, taking Constantine's position at the forefront of their pod. She gestured for recognition,

"The Azure system seeks recognition,"

She guided her platform forward, floating beside the Senator of Tython.

"We would concur with the sentiments expressed b Ce-Pas-Ton. We also believe there is much to be gained from this deal. Reopening the hyperlanes to allow the passage of refugees that may result from the collapse of the Outer Planets Alliance must be considered a priority. The Azure system votes in favor of ratification of this treaty."

| Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Gat Tambor Gat Tambor | Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | Saga of Valour Saga of Valour | Kryo Adab | Carolina Tevinter Carolina Tevinter | Vonar Ardinn | Maou Maou | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Greeble the Hutt Greeble the Hutt | Reyes Sutherland | Ulrich Sardion | Jasol Dorsian

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
fb2b44e4a653ca80cbf79ac20b190e90e50f4bc3.gifv

Adhira's dark eyes darted narrowed sharply on Julius Loghain Julius Loghain as he made his ridiculous proclamation. 'If you want peace, prepare for war... absurd little man,' she thought, feeling the heat rise in her as her frustration intensified. Her focus was temporarily broken, however, when the Senate was called to order. The Staff Aide to the Chancellor announced to the assembly that a treaty proposal had been sent by the Confederacy. A small smile spread across the Balmorran's dark red lips. She had anticipated this.
Instead of rushing to advocate for the treaty's ratification, she decided to allow others to express their opinions on the proposal. There were the expected opinions expressed by the Populists who sought to undermine the fairness of the treaty which was puzzling given that they had spent the entire session arguing over the very systems that the CIS was planning to surrender. Then again, the corruption of the Senate often unearthed many surprises.
Still, despite their protests, one by one the other Senators began to declare their support for the treaty.
"Fellow delegates," she began again as her pod returned to the center of the hall, "our honorable colleagues have exhausted the majority of their time arguing for the forceful reclamation of the very systems that the Confederacy now gives willinging. They have argued that we should go to war over the hyperlanes that the Confederacy proposes to open to us once more. Are there, perhaps, ulterior motives?" Adhira shrugged her shoulders coyly.
"They have decided to rest their claims upon the shaky foundation that the leader of the Confederacy is a Sith. As I am sure it is well known to everyone here, I am a fervent opponent of the true Sith, the threat to our Galactic North. The Confederacy on the other hand, while often frustrating, has never been openly antagonistic to this Alliance, in fact we have long had a tentative agreement of neutrality with them and now we stand to gain much for very little. It would be foolish to decline this treaty."
"Balmorra votes to ratify this treaty." She cast a withering gaze at Loghain as her pod once again returned to the wall.

Greeble the Hutt Greeble the Hutt Kryo Adab Carolina Tevinter Carolina Tevinter Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Gat Tambor Gat Tambor Ce-Pas-Ton Ce-Pas-Ton Maou Maou Vonar Ardinn Constantine Oliva Constantine Oliva Saga of Valour Saga of Valour Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge Mina Praji Mina Praji

The meeting began to feel long, and Greeble the Hutt began to grow hungry. The meeting was clearly very important, but could the same be said for all the attendees? Perhaps someone could serve as a satisfying snack! Greeble kept their joke to themself for the moment, but hoped a time would arrive where it would be more appropriate to share. Not too appropriate, hopefully. Despite a few wandering thoughts brought on by insufficient snacking, Greeble listened carefully to what everyone had to say regarding the confederacy's offer. It sounded to Greeble like the main concern was simply the hand holding the offer, not the offer itself.

"If someone is offering a smelly stew, one might think to turn their nose up and refuse to feed, but make the same offer to the hungry and you will see how a strategic mind emerges in times of need. I wonder if the hunger that many still experience on the planets forming the Galactic Alliance is adequately represented, for that strategic mind is essential during these important decisions. To ratify this treaty would be a strategic move.

I am here to represent the people of a planet that has gone through many hardships, and it is those hardships being faced today that inform my decision, based on the people I represent and nothing more. Does this treaty smell foul? Perhaps to some, but perhaps not to those who live in filth against their wishes, who don't have the privilege of noticing impurities when seeking betterment for themselves. When the hungry come across the rare decent meal, they do not scan the cook's hands for dust, for that is a sure way to be gladly accepted back into the welcoming arms of starvation.

I, Greeble the Hutt, on behalf of the people of Vulpter, vote to ratify this treaty."

Ulrich Sardion

U
Samaria was... new to the galactic scene. But that did not mean they nor he as their representative was new to the concept of gambling. The senate was just like the mouldy old casino settled in the desert, just more complicated. What in truth was different? Old worn garments were replaced with expensive and comfortable ones - but he would not allow the comfort of luxury to fool him into believing in any of it. All of this could quite literally be stripped away easily. Luxuries, life and even the fine garments.

Loss of the material was not a new thing for Samarians either. Their world was a dry and barren one, domed cities cultivated fresh crops, but the majority of their livestock and supplies were imports, something that had become less readily available per the foolish actions of their neighbours and the neglects of others. Entire tradeworlds were gone because of a growing darkness beyond their sister empire Concordia's borders. He would never get to enjoy Baros spice grey tea again.

So far, he had not been impressed with the galactic world. Its scale betrayed the fact that every issue still stemmed from the few controlling so much whilst their populaces followed like blind drones. This senate was a microcosm, the herd leader cried and the goats bleated in a obedient unison. Even his own, purposeless and weak.

It made him sad, but in his heart he knew the eventuality they would all face. They clawed and bit to crawl on top of each other, trying to escape something they couldn't outrun. The fact all these empires were more focused on bickering than the real issue made him question everything. His faith in sentient beings had been shaken ever since he'd joined the world of politics. It was a world of pretend.

The pod of the Samarian senator drifted from the edges of the debating arena, motioning as a wish to speak. Ulrich wore a confident and smug grin.

"Greetings fellow delegates, senators. I am new to this, however I am not new to the concepts at play. I believe I understand, the confederacy just took what it wanted. The same can be said for the big dog - no? There is always a big dog and a little dog. The little dog whines, it is given just enough to be satisfied, but also enough to be kept under the boot of the big dog. This deal may be fair, it may be to the benefit of some but it sets a precedent. This is not the action of our equals, but rather it is a gamble.." He maintained his pleasant exterior was much as he could.

He wondered if these people could indeed understand what he meant, or was trying to say.

Jasol Dorsian

J
latest
Objective: The Confederate Question
Tags: Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Gat Tambor Gat Tambor Faith Organa Faith Organa Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Taega Vrav'lan Carolina Tevinter Carolina Tevinter Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Vonar Ardinn Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Greeble the Hutt Greeble the Hutt Ulrich Sardion Ce-Pas-Ton Ce-Pas-Ton Kryo Adab

Jasol watched as news of the treaty came in and the votes for a democratic solution sharply rose including many of his federalist colleagues and with it any hope of military intervention, something the senator was disappointed at. Greater trade with the confederacy and essentially a non-aggression pact. Jasol's aide who had been reading the treaty spoke to him. "It seems this treaty is favourable, all parties get what they want and any hostilities de-escalated." Jasol's eyebrow raised as she spoke and once she finished he responded. "And for how long will we allow the Confederates to grow? How long will they exploit resources which should be claimed by the galactic core" he said, reading over the treaty.

The Senator stood up from his chair and to the front of the repulsorpod. "Sanjin seeks recognition." he said before his repulsorpod moved to the centre of the chamber. "Honourable chancellor, esteemed Senators and representatives, Sanjin is in favour of renegotiating the treaty. When confronted with a deal once must always seek to predict the consequences of accepting. With the collapse of the OPA many of its resource rich worlds now sit alone and at the mercy of pirates, rival powers and a plethora of dangers. Do we intend to simply let the confederates absorb these planets and grow until they become an unstoppable tide? I implore you to make an attempt at securing territory beyond Artisia and Abregado-rae, look to the worlds of the former OPA, are we willing to abandon them all to a Sith lord? That is all." He said before moving his repulorpod back to its position. Sanjin's vote had been casted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom