Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The Commenori Marinos

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Commenori Marinos. The Money is Better"
tumblr_oc6tacKDf41t30i0wo1_1280.jpg
Intent
: To Submit a Unit fleshing out
Image Credit: Artstaion David Frasheski
Role: Marine and Jungle Warfare Troopers
Links: N/A for now
GENERAL INFORMATION
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Availability: Rare
  • Deployment: Minor
  • Strengths & Weaknesses:

+ Jungle Warfare Experts: Trained in Florn alongside fellow members of the Vornskr legion in it's formation with the Lamparoids in their own swampy and forested world. They are masters of concealment and destruction in this type of terrain.

+ Boarding Operations: They are trained in ship to ship hostile offensive and defensive tactics and are proficient in attacking heavily defended space objectives.

+ High Modularity and Flexibility: They are given much more freedom than the regular imperial grunt and out of their own pocket they can upgrade and modulate their loadout which can result in some devastating combinations and some rather odd gear landing in the battlefield. There is no telling what could end up in the grenade pouch of battle pack of a Marino.

+ Elite: They are trained to the highest standards of combat and selected of Commenors elite forces including the fringe and the guard Mythos himself created for them including the Royal Guard itself.

- Jack of 2 trades, Master of nothing else: Outside of jungle operations and naval warfare the Marinos are not useful, they are a specific unit made for specific tasks.

- Low in Number and almost irreplaceable: The training they have had until now was situational and continuing, Commenor offers not a single soul to the unit and the ones that can be obtained are rare if any at all.

- Not Loyal: At the first sight of heavy losses they are prone to turn tail if not supervised, they are prone to other such acts of challenging morale.
  • Description:
    Mythos served in the CSA when he returned from the grave, before he founded The Ancient Eye and before he joined The Sith Empire. During his time he took a few of the soldiers of Commenor in the grand scheme of things, just a few who would share in his desire for greater combat efficiency and tactical superiority. The Marinos are trained to Dominate, pure and simple, they operate best in jungle warfare and naval warfare and are rarely if ever deployed to any other type of environment. They excel in rapid shock attacks, explosive breaching and tactical sweeps, they are also capable of airborne and amphibious assaults if necessary.

They are ruthless, cunning and brutal to an insane degree, they have zero rules of engagement, they do not care about honor and they disregard any caution when in combat. The Marinos are proud of their position and they are very grateful for the opportunity to serve the empire and to get paid ten times more than they used to (i think they might just be glad for that second one?) but they are not by any sense of the word loyal or know the concept of duty. They hold no ideals greater than pay and violence, glory, duty, honor, commitment, selfless service ect. This means nothing to them, if they are facing an enemy that might destroy half of them they are very likley to turn and run unless they have a Sith Lord there with them.

They fear the Sith more than they fear the enemy but if the Sith are not around, they will run.

Their pay comes in handy in combat as they are able to purchase their own equipment and their own gear adding to the surprise bunch of toys they might have brought to play today. The pay is better, the toys are better and the training is better. So why not join the Marinos?

[member="Mythos"]

Hello there,

For the most part, this checks out. However, I'd like to see a strength and weakness related to the use of the combat stimulant.

As for the ships, please remove those. You can use the NPC fleet template to submit them.

[member="Mythos"]

Alright thank you for removing the ships.

After going back over the Chyrsalis sub, I'm going to have to ask you to remove it and replace it with a different battle stimulant. The parent sub is highly unbalanced and probably needs another review when the Factory reopens.

Chrysalis is an approved technology that was subbed to be usable for units such as mine. If you would have an issuie with that sub and with it's abuse and rebalance then my sub is not the place to rebalance it or request a re-reveiw.

Should Chrysalis when the factory reopens be reveiwed then i can come back to this sub and fix it up using the sub modification thread. As it is right now I am using an approved technology and an approved sub.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

I don't find the sub in question to be balanced, and unit sub itself doesn't have enough weaknesses to account for its use. You get super soldiers with no short term weaknesses that can be readily exploited in battle.

Since the Factory is still closed, I'm going to ask you again to replace the sub or remove it altogether. If you don't agree with me, then feel free to request a second chance.

[member="Mythos"]

[member="Mythos"]

There are two items in your equipment list that either have the wrong affiliation, are closed market, and don't seem to appear on the TSE armory (which I know is only listed with permission- btw, in the future if you could link to that in subs that draw mostly from it, to show permission, that would be helpful for someone not familiar with it already). I will need to see either permission to use these or I'll need you to switch them out please.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/108201-dominion-telecommunications-kit-d-tek/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/118650-xayinas-class-slicer-droid/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom