Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Clockwork Rebellion

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
@[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] @[member="Trilan Tenthrad "]@Cody Walkins

Jaxton hung behind the padawan as he wormed his ship around, evading building, stray droids, and whatever else came into play, while occasionally blasting particularly troublesome droids out of the way. It was a wild ride, but the padawan kept them safe, and Jaxton knew they'd be fine.

"I'll hold us here 'till Hell comes. Go grab your man." The padawan pilot told him. So he had maybe fifteen minutes. Jaxton would work with that. He ran out of the ship, passing Rosa and Darron and trying not to interrupt, as he could feel their emotions through his Zeltron telepathy. He ran out of the ship and ignited his lightsaber, cutting down a few cleaning droids that Omni had taken over. So much easier than Jedi Training droids, this would be a walk in the park unless a Seraph came along. Or that worm thing that ravaged the ground. Jaxton turned on his comlink and broadcasted to all available channels.

"This is Jedi Knight Jaxton Ravos reporting. I am at the Coruscant University Main Administration building here to pick up the broadcasting professor and any other citizens still alive. Please respond, we don't have much time."

Rosa Gunn

R
No longer absorbed by the fight Rosa began to really feel what was happening around her. The sense of fear was so strong she felt like she was drowning in it, but beyond that there was so much more. In the minds of those who had escaped. She could hear all of them, their screams of grief. Their angry cries as they watched their world ripped apart. she didn't need to look out the view port to see the great droid ripping through the planet, she could see it in her minds eye, through their eyes.

It was all so loud she barely heard Darron. She looked at him, her face one of complete shock but seeing him seemed to shake something inside her. Doing her best to block it all out she focused on him, and regained her composure very briefly, a response formed on her lips but he was kissing her before she could get it out. His kiss was like a cure, feeling his love was all she needed to push the worlds terror to the edge of her senses.

Drawing away finally she rested her forehead against his. "Someone has to keep you alive" she said stroking his face, before she took on a mocking tone "The terantenek is mine." she mimicked him with a shake of her head "Idiot."

For a moment she said nothing more, she could feel the worlds screams pushing back at her and she winced with a sharp intake of breath. "I can hear them all Darron," she said softly "All of them. The living and the dying. I can hear their screams, feel their pain and their fear." Tears began to roll down her face as she tried harder to keep them at bay. "I can't keep this up for much longer."

Bene Organa

Doctor in the service of the Republic.
[SIZE=medium]I have never seen such destruction. Droids and the dead are everywhere. Soldiers fight in the streets trying to restore order. Taking up the blaster of one of the fallen Bene continues through the streets. Searching for anyone who may have survived this chaos. [/SIZE]

Downfall

D
@[member="Jaxton Ravos"], @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"], @Trilan Tenthrad

From the depths it rose. Biding its time it had been waiting until the time to come up. Finally, finally it was time to begin its mission and it wasn't going to make a mistake. Its programming didn't allow for mistakes. Lifting, it shattered buildings as pilons rose to settle. Engines kicked in and shields turned on. Red eyes opened to survey surroundings. Already the Clockwork were controlling this world.

"I have arisen. Prepare for my rise."

Lifting upwards, the droid smashed through buildings and constructs as it rose up from beneath the University. Jaxton and the others would feel the ground shaking violently, the epicenter of the shaking beneath and just a short distance away. The droid rose, higher and higher, until it was on the same level as the fleshlings. Its red eyes scanned to them as its legs settled, smashing into adjoining buildings to come to a rest.

"Assimilate or be destroyed, organics."

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Padawan Ur-Rahn began to show a mote of concern when his topographical overlays began to shimmer. Despite the las-fire scoring portions of the dorsal hulling and a slight stress-crack veining across the view-port, the youth was certain they hadn't sustained enough structural damage to explain the impaired readings. If his sensor suites were reading correctly, across infrared and traditional lidar, then something quite big with a heavily resonating heat signature was beginning to churn up through a portion of adjacent structuring immediately west of the University grounds. Seroth was fast keying Knight Ravos' comm line as a neighboring faculty complex was ripped apart in an upheaval of darkly matted, hulking skeletal limbs. A bellicose throb of electronic yowling blitzed their vessel with modulated noise.

"Iron Snake to Master Ravos, Iron Snake to Master Ravos, Hell is literally he -" Seroth was in the midst of a rapid update across the comm channel. Then the rising, red-eyed machine behemoth tugged its massive droid brawn up from the layered machinery and turned its optical clusters upon the Gun Cutter

"I have arisen. Prepare for my rise. Assimilate or be destroyed, organics." It said in a voice that churned the Padawan's lungs.

"Master Ravos...?" Seroth said again, voice small and regretful. "...Hell's here and we can't stay. May the Force be with you..."

The phrase was meant to be a comforting adage; a saying any Jedi could invoke to stir confidence and banish fears. But Seroth felt his stomach ball into a tight fist of Mandalorian iron. Just how would a single man, no matter how dauntlessly lucky and skilled, fair in the face of an impending AI occupation? Would Master Ravos find another means of escape, or had he just damned him in order to make a hasty retreat? The Padawan gusted the Gun Cutter away from the Administrative buildings sloped roof and turned the vessel about face, switching protocols from 'Landing' to 'Flight.' The propulsion nozzle's fixed upon the Cutter's hind quarters were fairly glowing a hot-white as Seroth plundered the fuel tanks for every iota of speed.

The Gun Cutter arose, leaving behind the machine wails of that beast-thing that had awoken from its hibernation. The Iron Snake, though a venerable fighting machine in its own right, was no possible match for the sheer, naked brawn posed by the Clockwork behemoth. With Masters Wraith and Mazhar onboard, Grandmaster and Knight respectively, he'd face no small amount of upbraiding if he attempted to bring down the machine-creature with just a nose-cannon and a suite of limited torpedoes and air-to-ground missile clusters. It was a test: impetuousness of youth versus the responsibility placed in his hands. Grand stand or see his passengers to safety? Few lessons in the Tython libraries ever spoke of fools being richly rewarded. It lessened the sting of retreat... and of abandonment.

They skimmed past low canopies of acrid smoke, slipping up through a low cloud of wallowing debris field of scattered vessel hulks and shattered battleships. Here, in the thinned void and airless spaces, frozen pieces of plasteel glass spangled like tinfoil confetti. Distantly against the measure of the vessels sensors, Seroth could make out the glimmering profile of an unmolested frigate wallowing in anchor. Master Wraith's coordinates put them on a fast-tracked docking course, with the Padawan checking and rechecking their surroundings. There was no telling if a last moment cloud of chitinous droid-things would swoop across the nose and batter their hull open. Yet... No molestation showed... Seroth keyed the vessel speakers and informed his remaining passengers of their approach. Behind them, Coruscant's high atmosphere roiled with banks of bruised clouding and vessel debris blazing like a comet storm...

Cody Walkins

Fate with a gun and a badge
As Cody approached the university he saw a Republic military vessel drop someone off right before he heard a transmission burst through his communications link
"This is Jedi Knight Jaxton Ravos reporting. I am at the Coruscant University Main Administration building here to pick up the broadcasting professor and any other citizens still alive. Please respond, we don't have much time."

Finally, the military decided to make an appearance "This is officer Walkins with the Coruscant Planetary Police Force, i'm right outside the university an-

About that time the ground began to rumble ferociously under the speeder and from the ground a massive droid began to claw its way out of the ground "I have arisen. Prepare for my rise. Assimilate or be destroyed, organics." A voice as dark as the infinite black growled as the droids body tore the university asunder as it clawed through its foundation

"Oh f- was all the officer was able to get out before a flying piece of debris knocked him from his speeder and onto the hard ground.

Jack Rowland Clark

Grand Admiral, Second in Command of the Republic N
This was absolute chaos, Jack's whole fleet couldn't make heads or tails of the enemy. Droids were crawling all over the damned place and his own ships were firing on him, it was ludicrous. On top of the that, his XO had to be put in the brig for deciding he wanted to start a mutiny in the name of this Omni that was supposedly the one in charge of this sarlac pit of a situation.

"Blast it Crossing, where the hell are my firing solutions?!" Jack yelled to his new second in command as his ship brought its starboard to bare towards a now enemy controlled Preservation-Class Star Defender.

"There's a friendly ship between us and it sir, there's not way I can get a goddamn firing solution!" XO Crossing screamed as his hands flew across his console like bats out of hell. The ship that was between him and his enemy was indeed behind a Salvation-Class Star Defender, just like his own ship, but it was on the verge of snapping in half and exploding from a volley of concentrated fire.

"Set targeting computers to calculate for the obstacle." Jack growled back to his second in command who was busy at work with, not only his own new job, but the job of two gunnery crew men who lost their lives to Malowits attempted one man mutiny.

"Sir! Those are Republican soldiers on that ship!"

"Yeah and so are the ones on our target, but if we don't take it out a lot more will die. Now give me that firing solution!" In all reality Jack didn't know who was on that ship, but after his XO's sudden break down he wouldn't be surprised if they were. He didn't know why they turned or what they hoped to gain, all he knew was that they were the enemy now and Jack's enemies needed to be thwarted.

"Sir! I'm not going to fire our are own men!" Crossing shouted back in utter defiance, his face and eyes were plastered with fear, shock and confusion...the same emotions that Jack felt inside.

"Listen braintick, you give me that firing solution right this minute or I'll come down there, kick your ass and do it myself!" Jack was never a man to be trifled with, especially in a very agitated state of mind. The men on that ship ahead of them were as good as dead, even as they spoke the ship was beginning to break up into a thousand pieces which began raining down into the atmosphere. He would have gladly gone around but he was surrounded on all sides by battle and if that ship was able to get a bead on them first it would come down to a slobber knocker that would most likely end in both ships destroyed or the survivor coming out with a huge scrap mark on the skin of his ass.

Crossing scowled at his Superior for a second, their eyes meeting for only a few split moments before the XO gave in "Aye sir, setting the targeting systems now." After a few swift movements on the control panel he was at, the XO nodded towards Jack

"Okay, I want four Assault concussion missiles primed and locked onto the enemy ship, I also want all main batteries locked on as well."

"Aye sir!" a series of acknowledgments came from those in charge of the weapons

"On my mark I want all batteries to fire, on my second mark I want those missiles tearing space towards that bird." as Jack's orders echoed out through the bridge, he once again received a symphony of Aye s. Jack watched carefully as the friendly ship slowly broke up, the lasers from the enemy capital ship burning it from the inside out. There was no easy day in war "Mark one!" Jack yelled and as if in total sync with his voice, the ships batteries began pummeling the friendly ship with fire. Within seconds the weapons had opened up a cavity in the friendly debris that would serve a tremendous purpose "Mark two! Send those missiles right through that gap, all batteries am to put your rounds through it as well!" . That small gap, only a kilometer or two wide, would serve as the funnel to the enemy ship for as many rounds as Jack could put through it.

All the batteries stopped for a split second as they reacquired their target and during that time, four long streaks went soaring though space towards the gap. The first missile to reach the gap impacted the friendly ship, blowing a massive junk of debris towards the enemy ship which impacted with little affect to the shields. The second had the same, heart sinking outcome. Fortunately the final two soared straight and true, slamming into the shields of the enemy ship and sending out a pulse wave that made it's energy protection light up like an electrical grid. The first missile worked to weaken most of what was left of the capital ships shields while the second vaporized the rest and took a massive chunk of the ships right hanger out in a flaming blaze of fiery wreckage that sailed towards the planet. This was great news, the only problem was that the enemy now had a clear shot at his ship and had already begun taking it with turbo lasers.

The enemies weapons pelted the shields of his ship, the vibrations could be felt in the bridge as each shot rocked the already weakened energy field. Now it was time to end this before he and his crew ended up dead. "Helmsman, take us behind the aft section of the ship where there is no gap!"

"Sir, we will lose our line of fire!" a worried gunner yelled back

"Don't worry about it, someone just get our forward shields to full power, pull energy from the guns if you need to!" The bridge went quiet, every man on it wondering if they had heard the admiral right. Jack knew that was what the silence meant, so he turned back towards his men with a face as serious and calm as ever "Forward shields up...and helmsman."

"Ye-Yes sir?"

"Bring us to ramming speed, we are sending our friends a little gift."

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena"]
Keter just smiled as he leaned down and kissed her. "Good thing I'm not a wise man, just a mad one," he said with a slight smirk. "Well then, let's get you familiarized with my home!" the blond added, moving around behind her seat and starting to pull up some controls on the screen in front of her.

The Eternal Queen
@[member="Keter"]
It was also a good thing that Feena was a quick learner. She would have to be if she was going to not ruin his 'home'. honestly, the amount of trust he had in her was touching, but she was really not confident in her abilities with a ship. She was going to have to spend the entire way to Coruscant studying.

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

If Captain Kai was speaking to him, Judah did not hear it. Far in the distance, R7-F8 was whistling and clicking madly, wanting attention. The
astromech droid had taken over flying the X-Wing during his owners stupor, dodging what he could of the volley of fire being thrown at them. Explosions
still rocked the small vessel however and R7 couldn't get the young man out of his daze.

Judah felt the creatures in his body, skittering around. He was suddenly hot, sweating, curly hair matting to his head. His body was trying to fight
back, it felt as if a full on invasion was going on. He had flashes of feeling weird throughout the week but this time something was seriously
wrong.Whatever was inside of him kept giving him suggestions, wanting Judah to turn against the forces he was helping. He felt like he was
in a waking nightmare, a small part of his brain was retaining himself but his actions and thoughts were changing over to the things inside of
him.

Judah took off his helmet and tossed it down by his feet, rubbing his neck and hitting his head with the palm of his hand. Nothing was working.
he was losing total control. He saw himself start to fire on Captain Kai instead of the enemy around them...he was the enemy now. Anyone
who wasn't with the creatures in his body had to die....it was like they knew who to fire on and who not to....as if more people were infected
and the things in his body were working together...

The firing at Captain Kai didn't work. Either the Galan didn't care or she simply thought it was enemy fire. Judah banked to join her but was soon cut off by a once-friendly X-Wing,the two coming in extremely close proximity to one another.Judah barely had time to pull up and avoid the situation. Shaking his head, the young pilot put coordinates into the navicomputer. It was time to run and return later to finish what he started....

Soon, the stars faded into lines and the young man was off....leaving the battlefield.

Bene Organa

In the Vicinity of Coruscant University
A rumble echoes through the air. I watch as a Republic Military ship flies overhead. A voice grabs my attention. It is coming from the comlink of a fallen Republic soldier. I take up the comlink and listen further.

Shortly after another mesage come across the comlink.

"This is officer Walkins with the Coruscant Planetary Police Force, I'm right outside the university an- "

Everything begins to heave and roll violently. I fall hard into a wall, the blaster knocked from my hands as I then fall to the ground. A voice that can be described only as pure evil is heard emanating from behind me.

"I have arisen. Prepare for my rise. Assimilate or be destroyed, organics."

Looking over my shoulder I see the most hideous creation rising from the upturned ground. Sending debris for miles in its wake. I have never seen the likes of this before! "Oh f-" is all I hear before seeing a piece of debris knock an officer from his speeder and onto the ground. Pulling myself up I grab the nearest blaster and run toward the officer. I'm Doctor Bene Organa. Are you alright?

Cody Walkins

Cody shook off his daze just in time to see a woman running towards him with a blaster in hand "I'm Doctor Bene Organa. Are you alright?" Cody nodded as he got to his hands and knees to observe the giant machine that had risen from the ground like the devil himself. He was about to give her a verbal notification of his health when he got a glimpse of a Seraph droid landing right behind the woman

"Down!" Was all Cody commanded as he placed once hand on the doctors head and shoved her to the ground as he free hand grabbed his rifle, which sat snugly across his back, and brought it to bare with the invader. As soon as the 5th Patriot looked like it was on target, the officer let the the rounds ionized gas rounds fly. The rifle screamed as each powerful round was fired into the droid, the powerful bolts tearing it to pieces of molten scrap with each impact. Twenty rounds into the 50 rounds of the gas canister, the droid finally fell backwards into a smoldering pile of ruin that filled the air above it with a satisfying black plume of smoke. Releasing a sigh of relief Cody looked to the doctor "are you okay?" no doubt her ears were ringing, but that she would get over.

Downfall

D
@[member="Jaxton Ravos"], @[member="Bene Organa"], @Cody Walkins

Downfall did not pursue the fleeing ship. It knew the vessel was heading for space, where it would have to tangle with the Clockwork forces already engaging the resistance there. It could have destroyed the small ship in a single blast of its main weapons battery, but it would be better served focusing that main weapon elsewhere. Like the building in front of it which its scanners told it was still full of organic life. Body heat signatures were numerous.

"Your lack of ability to comply seals your death."

Two panels slid to the side on its forehead, revealing a cluster of four megamasers. Better suited to destroying that turbolasers, the masers charged up and Downfall pointed its head directly at the building that Jaxton, Bene, and Cody were in. When the weapons were fully ready, it fired a blast at the buildings upper levels. The lasers ripped through all infrastructure, likely showering the poor fleshlings that survived in debris of epic proportions. If they wanted to live, the building they were in was not the place to be.

@All

Trillan was standing over a droid who's head he'd just removed when Jaxton's com call came in. A flare of hope came into his mind before quickly being extinguished as the floor rumbled beneath his feet and the badly wounded man fell as a voice boomed over the sounds of crashing.

No.

Trilan stood with a great effort as pain shot through his body.

"NO!!!!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs at as he fought against the black that was edging around his vision and the pain was beginning to subside. The pain returned, full force and his vision cleared.

He drug himself to the com and hit it.

"Transmitting location." He said with a bloody cough.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
@[member="Cody Walkins "]@[member="Trilan Tenthrad "]

They had to move, and they had to move quick. Jaxton and any other organic life at the university were being pursued by some giant droid-ship thing, and they needed to get out. Jaxton pressed his comlink again.

“I’m gonna go in and get the Professor. Officer Walkins, I need you to find us a ship. We need to off this world and fast. Contact me when you have a rendezvous point.” Jaxton said to the man as hurried towards the location being transmitted. When he came within a few feet of his destination, he also came within a few inches of a wall. “Stay away from the wall.” Jaxton screamed and ignited his lightsaber, cutting the barrier between Jaxton and his target. He found a man bloodied and beaten, but still alive.

“I’m going to carry you out of here. Tell me if you have any broken bones and I need to move you around.” Jaxton said as he wrapped a huge arm around the man and then lifted him up onto his shoulder.

“I’ve got the professor.” He radioed in to the policeman as he began running out of the building.

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena"]
"Alright, I'm sure you know the basics already. Thrust, air brakes, controls and so on. Weapons are standard operation as well, hooked up to the dual triggers," the blond explained, pointing out the various controls to Feena. "Left trigger for lasers, right for torpedoes." His gaze would flicker up now and again at the blue of hyperspace. Not long now. "You know how to jump to hyperspace I take it? Oh, and just in case, that red button there? Electrifies the hull," Keter continued, leaning over the chair to indicate everything he mentioned. He wanted her ready for this nightmare.

The Eternal Queen
@[member="Keter"]
Okay, now he was making her nervous. She was ready to tell him to just stay with the ship while she run ahead into the swarm. It would almost be easier! She at least knew how to find her way around the senate building!
"Yes, okay. I think I can figure it out," she sighed, "...Just don't take a long time, okay? I want you back in one piece."

MG-42 a/b

M
Somewhere on coruscaunt, a seraphim droid encountered a pair of MG-42 models in a long forgotten escape pod. Injecting nanites into them, and causing repairs to ensue, the twin droids were ressurected, and their apathy for humanoids refueled by the thoughts and motives of The Omni.

Standing in unison, they spoke "We Understand." and with that, they turned and began walking.

@[member="Keter"] @[member="Feena"] - get ready for a surprise when you land ?

Bene Organa

[SIZE=11pt]I reach the downed man. He appears to be dazed but is trying to get to his feet. Before I can examine him he shouts [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]“Down!”[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Then his hand is a top my head pushing me down to the ground. The deafening sound of rifle fire echoes all around. Don’t know who or what he is firing at but lying here is not an option. I roll to the right and grab my blaster. Smoldering remains of a droid littering the ground are all I find as I come up into a kneeling position ready to open fire. Next to me Walkins sighs . [/SIZE]“Are you okay?” Standing I reply “Other than this ringing in my ears I’m fine. Are you injured?”

Before Walkins could answer his comlink comes to life. It is Jedi Knight Jaxton Ravos .
“I’m gonna go in and get the Professor. Officer Walkins, I need you to find us a ship. We need to get off this world and fast. Contact me when you have a rendezvous point.”
Officer Walkins and I are about to go in search of transportation off Coruscant when we hear.

“Your lack of ability to comply seals your death.”

Blasts are fired at the building we are in. Debris rains down on us both. I look over at Walkins “We have to get out of here! Now!” And into the comlink “Ravos hurry! Find the Professor! We have to get out! This building is coming down!” We are making our way out when a large piece of the ceiling comes down pinning Walkins. "I’ve got the Professor. " Ravos radios in. Copy. “Don’t worry about me! Get out of here!” Listen, there’s no way I’m leaving you here to die.

Cody Walkins

'I've got the professor!" Jaxon radioed back as Cody's mind raced to think of ways to get a hold of a ship...the only place we could think of was back at the department. He looked at the doctor when he saw the Jedi running from the building "I need you to stay close to me." Cody yelled to the doctor, so she could hear and looked back to jedi, activating his commlink "The only place that I know will have a ship is the police reserve yard about two miles from here!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom