Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Clockwork Rebellion: Eye of the Storm

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx was sleeping. He didn't get much sleep after the last mission on Korriban.

He was on the Meridian Rider, the prized ship of his friend Lon, a smuggler who was well known in several regions of the galaxy. They had recently smuggled several sith artifacts off of Korriban to sell to a group of Fallen Jedi on Corusant. Little did Onyx or Lon know was that Corusant was under a major attack from a new enemy known as The Clockwork Rebellion. They wouldn't know until it was to late.

Suddenly Onyx awoke. The ship alarm was going off. They were under attack. "What?" Onyx muttered to himself as he got out of his cot. "Attack in the Republic Capital?" He said quietly as he walked into the cockpit. He saw Lon sitting in the pilot seat trying to menouver. In front of them was the destruction of several large Republic vessels.

Onyx was awake now. He sat down in his gunner seat and turned to Lon. "Who's attacking? I wasn't told about any Sith invasions." Onyx was nervous. He didn't know who could possibly attack Corusant and win.

(OOC: This is during the first few hours of the war)

Zev Stargo

Z
Seraph -

The Sith ship approached, unaware of the destruction awaiting them among the debris of the crippled starships of the one glorious Republic. As the Sith ship moved into position parts of the debris suddenly began shift and moving and dark forms began taking shape in their shadows. It soon became evident that this dark figures were not shadows, but legions of Seraph droids awaiting their next victim. Like a group of angry ants, swarming their victim, the seraphs detached from their positions on the debris and swooped towards the Sith ship. Almost immediately their read eyes glowed before unleashing a beam of pure energy at the ship, intent on cutting it asunder as they had with their Republican enemies.

~The Planets Surface~

The Jedi Temple had been all but leveled to the ground, and there were hundreds of bodies strewn about like trash in the street of the bad parts of town. All of the jedi had escaped to Tython.

Except One.

Naadi Maaro had run, left behind the agonizing death that was there. Even her master, Ree Botaa had been slaughtered before her very eyes, impaled by some sort of heavy lifter, before being pulled limb from limb, screaming all the while. For the kitten padawan, it would have been no worse than if every Sith lord in history had come for her specifically.... However, that was the kicker - they didn't care. Could not care, to grudge, to hate, to feel at all.

Now ? Now she was behind enemy lines, and as far as she knew, the war was succinctly lost in one fell swoop. Now all she had was a training stunsaber, and 3 months of being a padawan rather than a youngling. Now she was always on the run with not even 2 hours sleep for 4 days so far. It wasnt horribly bad though - she could still get food and water from now-empty apartments and flats.

It was so creepy, as if she had been thrust into some subtly horrible parallel reality. Coruscaunt was the world that never sleeps, and now here it was, very much arguably a dead world, save for one kitty scampering about, dodging the clanking droids and leaving little trace that she was ever there.

edit; ret-gone

Lon was frantically switching controls, keeping carefull eye on all enemy ships. Lon shot the meridian rider into a 90 degree angle the the right hand side of the ship was aimed at an enemy vessel. flipping a red switch and pressing a button a bombardment of planetary plasma blasts fired straight at a ship with a direct hit. "I dont know whats going on, but were in some serious Fark now brother" Lon spoke whil;e punching in a few dozen more controls.

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx laughed. Even in the situation they were in he still kept his sense of humor. Regardless of how dark it was. "Scans show no way of leaving. We have to enter. I think I can land us somewhere near the Jedi Temple. Might be refortified by the Republic as a FOB." Onyx began to hit buttons, trying to enter in the landing coordinates for Lon. "Guess it's a good think Mira bounced huh? She wouldn't like this mess!"

Before Lon could reply, Onyx stood up. "I need to go change into my gear." He said as he left the room. He was wearing his formal blue navy uniform but would soon be changed into his armor. He knew if they crashed his armor would protect him more then his formal clothes.

Skittering through the city, Naadi made her way to the temple, to finally force herself to face her cowardice, in the form of her dead master's body..... and to atleast get a real lightsaber, probably her dead masters lightsaber, as much as for an attempt at redemption as for practical necessity.

Approaching the jedi Temple's south entrance, she found that the bodies were piled neck-deep by .... somebody.....Maybe something ? naadi could almost hear Ree Botaa's voice on the wind, echoing from the past. Not all is as it seems Padawan. We must be cautious....

Indeed, she thought to herself, silently stalking closer to the temple .... She did not know what she would find within .... droids ?... scavengers and survivors ?..... The Republic, possibly with a team of Jedi technicians attached ? That last one was probably abit too fantastic and overly hopeful, but she wanted it to be atleast half-way possible.

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx returned to see Lon still piloting. The ride was getting more and more bumpy as they entered the atmosphere. Onyx was now in his new armor. It was light standard sith warrior armor. It was a dark blue with a small black pattern running on the arms and legs. Underneath it he wore his dark blue robes that fell down to his calves. He had his hood down for the moment but not for long. He reached behind his back and revealed his mask. The same mask variant that the Dark Lord Revan had worn. Though Onyx had a white one instead. He put his mask on, his appearance suddenly darker and more vile then before. He slowly lifted up his hood. He was back. The Sith Knight Onyx was back and ready to fight.

Lon began to enter atmosphere with a storm of gunships firing at him. The meridian rider couldnt hold out much longer, action was needed. "Onyx, i know this is a bit much to ask, but do you think that there is any way you can tell me through the force where were being shot at while i menuver the ship through the debree?" Lon pleaded.
A shot hit the Rider dead center at its escape pods, another at its engines. "No no no!" Lon screamed before being thrown into the air like a doll while the Rider was rushing violently towards the planets surface. Lon managed to press a button on a dashboaard after hitting the floor of the ship, diverting all power to the thrusters. "OK if we land another hit like that were going down for sure, we dont have enought power to fire back either, you got any bright ideas?" lon asked Onyx.

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx laughed at the question. "I got a few." Onyx stumbled over to the window. The ship was spinning out of control. He was scanning the city below. It was pure devastation.

Onyx ignored it for the minute. He noticed a building still standing. He grabbed his lightsaber in one hand. He then jumped over and grabbed Lon by the back of neck. "I'd hold on if I were you." Onyx ignited his lightsaber. He had to time it just right. NOW!

He burst out the front of the ship, Lon in his hand. They fell down several hundred feet to the rooftop. Onyx had help Lon the whole time. Thanks to the force neither were harmed. Onyx put Lon down on the floor as he saw the Meridian Rider crash in the distance. He sighed. "Sorry about the ship. I know she was your pride and joy." Before Lon could speak, Onyx continued, "We should find the temple. I bet the Republic set up a FOB there."

S.I.B.L.I.N.G.S

Clockwork Assassins
"No, No plea-GAHH!" The Padiwan's scream turned to a blood curdling gurgle as all three androids plunged their cortosis blades into his chest, spewing blood and carnage everywhere as they pulled them back out. The upper levels of the Jedi Temple were where the AI constructs had begun their killing spree, slashing through jedi and soldiers alike as they tried to get to the jedi council. Unfortunately for them, they had missed all the members of the council and had been reduced to killing and attempting infections on the lessers of the Jedi Hierarchy.

"Subject terminated, returning to active patrol." Ascension, the hub for the three droids collective hive mind, verbalized in his dark humanoid voice

"Should re-secure ground floor" Despair suggested, although in reality all three were thinking the same things as they went through their options together via a signal link

"Should secure West Wing" Destruction growled

"More enemies could have inserted below"

"Platforms will divide to cover more of the operational area." Ascension said next, his voice acting as the final decision of the hive mind. With that, all three androids separated to secure their own sections of the temple, Destruction to the West wing, Despair to the East and Ascension back to the ground floors.

Naadi had entered the ground floor, to find the place covered in blood splatters and crusted over blood puddles, the bodies having since been dragged away. Strangely, all of their lightsabers were left scattered about, as if just so much trash. She curled a whiskered lip at how disgusting a notion it was for a jedi's saber, arguably their soul, was left about like some piece of trash nobody bothered to clean up. It was a kind of heretical blasphemy to her.

Finding where Ree Botaa had been slaughtered, his hat and saber left around, she used the force to call the saber to her. Grasping it, she thumbed the activator switch and it lit up, the curved saber, wrapped in gray leather straps with brass clamps over it, lit up a hypnotizing Ultramarine blue. The snap-hiss-buzz of it resounded through the southern atrium for a moment before setling down to its usual hum, and then off again.
Clipping the lightsaber to her belt, she then arranged a little shrine up against the wall. Taking his Nemoidian miter, she set it on its base, and with her finger-claw, scratched some words into the wooden wall panel above it.

Here lies Ree Botaa, Neimoidian Jedi Knight
Accomplished diplomat who brought peace to athousand worlds.
Elegant swordsman and sly teacher.

Naadi then put a cat-paw imprint underneath it, with her mirrored Pi-like forehead fur-pattern glyphs on each side. The middle line might have been exaggerated, but not by much; Botaa had officially settled 983 disputes in his 60 years, but history would allow some leeway, yes ?
She was reflecting on the recent events, Death and war seemed to be everywhere; First Grandmaster Teferi Efreet dies, and now her master, Ree Botaa. Intellectually, she understood that death was a part of life, another stage in the cycle of the force. Emotionally, it felt stupid and pointless and wrong to her that everyone around her should come to bad ends..... That's when she saw it - a flicker of motion, just out of the corner of her eye !

It was a brass-colored flicker of a humanoid crossing the doorway, and Naadi froze for a second, unsure of what to make of it.... Was it a Jedi ? some jedi were known to don armor during foreseen heavy conflicts.

Republic Troops ?

Clockwork droids ?

Naadi decided to risk it. "Hello ?"

S.I.B.L.I.N.G.S

Clockwork Assassins
Ascension immediately reversed his direction as the frail voice echoed from the doorway and into the auditory sensors of the android. The voice had been analysis and sent through diagnostics almost instantaneously as the hivemind tore it apart to find a match within the vocal files in the mind's vast memory. Subject: Naadi Maaro Operational Importance: Force-User (Jedi Padawan) low Danger: Low Preliminary Determination of Action: Terminate

The android stepped into the dimly lit room, 'his' four golden eyes glaring at the cat like creature as it scanned it's body for what it would call "biological and/or structural weaknesses". Hundreds of scenarios ran through the droids programming, every avenue of approach and every striking opportunity broken down to a cynical science that it used to kill dozens of jedi before this showdown. As he began walking a small circle around the jedi, he placed a metallic, clawed hand atop the three swords that were tucked away into their sheaths on his right hip. He wasn't speaking, only watching as the hivemind came up with his final solution.

"Accept the inevitability of your demise, organic." The android buzzed with its almost human voice, just as his left hand began glowing an ominous green before whipping out towards his target and unleashing a dark green beam of Sith Magic from his palm.

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx quickly ignited his lightsaber. He began to block the dark energy. He had been separated from Lon and was forced to continue alone. Thankfully he might be able to save another life. He slightly turned his head to the young apprentice. "Run!" He was struggling to keep blocking. Whatever darkness this was, it was powerful.

S.I.B.L.I.N.G.S

Clockwork Assassins
"Your struggle is useless, accept your fate." Ascension growled as the new force-user jumped into the fray and blocked his attack. His profile made him out to be Darth Onyx, a Sith Knight who was currently on the dead or alive list. He was obviously strong, perhaps a test would bring about a more clear directive. Ascension halted his stream of power and starred the sith down like he was lunch, "Your time for Ascension has come Onyx, embrace your evolution." the android groaned as he wrapped an metallic hand around one of his tree blade hilts, his Durasteel/Cortosis plates glowing in the light of Onyx's lightsaber.

Darren Onyx

D
"I don't think so." Onyx growled. He then shot surges of force lightning at the machine. He knew that even though this droid was powerful, it could still be broken. He didn't let out. He began walking back away as the lightning grew stronger. He then stopped and launched a powerful force strike at the ceiling, causing it to collapse. They were safe, a wall of debry protected the two of them. They were safe for now. He turned to the jedi. "What is your name?"

S.I.B.L.I.N.G.S

Clockwork Assassins
Ascension shook lightly as his electrical surge deflectors kicked in to absorb what his armor failed to, taking only mere seconds to start his advance towards the Sith and Jedi. However, his advance was halted when the sith brought down the ceiling above them, blocking the androids path to his would be victims. Quickly the hivemind link between him and his comrades kicked into action and the layout of the temple was analyzed.

"Platform 2, targets in your area. Move to assist platform 1 in their destruction while 3 continues his search for other targets." Ascension spoke to his comrades through their personal link. He spoke about himself as platform 1, merely because the hivemind and its vessels were both sovereign from one another while also being the same being. It was a concept few organics, aside from maybe Geonsians, would understand.

Without an ounce of worry Ascension went off to flank around the debris and take a series of corridors that would lead him back to his targets.

Darren Onyx

D
He knew this padwan could be going into shock. He went and sat next to her, gently rubbing her arm. "Listen to me, my name is Onyx. I'm a Jedi Knight. I can help you. What is your name?" Onyx knew she would be terrified if she knew he was a Knight of the Sith. So until she needed to know the truth, he was a Jedi. It may be the only way to help her. He wasn't worried about her reading him through the force either. Being such a young padwan it would be easy to block her out.

Naadi and the other jedi ran and ran, with him blocking whatever the droid was doing. The droid was scary on a whole nother series of levels, somehow. Was it a Sith war droid ? Naadi had breifly read about how the Sith would imbue their droids with all sorts of stuff no jedi would even consider to think about, on their most insane of days.
"Im Naadi Maaro" she said, smiling abit and nuzzled her face on his shoulder armor in a distinctively feline way. Naadi found psychical touch comforting in a primal sort of way, and most trianii had what alot of humans would call 'primitive animal traits'. But she didn't care, she liked her 'primitive animal traits'. They were as much a part of her as her gift of The Force.

Naadi suspected that the droid wouldnt be gone for long "Was that some sort of Sith war droid ?.... i don't think its gonna be gone for long."

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx was surprised how cuddly a Jedi was. Especially since the Jedi Code forbid anything in that nature. He shook the though away.

He rose her face so she could see his helmet. Knowing how most Jedi don't wear any helmets he removed it. It revealed his smoothed back blonde hair along with his many scars along his face. The most notable was one that started at the top right side of his forehead and made its way vertically down to his collar bone. "That thing is something I don't fully understand yet. Based on reports I've received on my way here say it is a droid that belongs to a super computer known as Omni. Other then that, no idea." Onyx put down his mask and walked over to a door. He looked both ways before entering the hall, knowing the droid could attack at any given moment. "We can't stay here. I'm trying to find my way to a comm station, do you know where one is?" Onyx cursed himself for asking. He knew that a Jedi Knight could easily find a comm station. He only hoped that she wouldn't ask if he was a Jedi or not. He could only hope.

"We can't stay here. I'm trying to find my way to a comm station, do you know where one is?" Onyx asked. Naadi giggled, thinking it was funny that he didn't know what a comm station looked like. "You must be from one of the other jedi-like factions....Potentium ? Follow me." Standing up, she walked cautiously down hallways and in and out of blood-splattered chambers.

Arriving in a small circular room with short and wide techno-paneled pedestals that had a control panel in the side of it, Naadi waved a hand about, indicating the pedestals. All the main lights were off, but blinkies on the pedastles indicated that there was some power going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom