Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Church of Dredge

over_the_garden_wall_by_arabesque91-d91wzgk.png
The Church of Dredge

tumblr_nekyks0ZWp1rl52wjo2_r1_500.gif

What is the Church of Dredge?

The Church of Dredge is a faction dedicated to the salvation and unification of the Galaxy. To become one with God and each other and to never feel pain, suffering, or hurt ever again. A place where people can go to help build a new galaxy by working along side their new lord and savior. This salvation and all encompassing unity of others is essential to breaking the never ending loop that we as a galaxy find ourselves in. The light and the dark constantly clash and leave billions dead in its wake. We seek to change all of this but not through the conventional manner of becoming a rogue agency or neutral government who bans these ideals. We are a movement, a driving force that shall end this infinite cycle of pain and loss for all. All shall have purpose, and all shall have meaning bestowed upon them. This is what the Church of Dredge.​

525bc2d3c905e5c209db81e229ac281c.gif

Come Ye Wayward Souls

The Church of Dredge is built for the lost, the broken, and the dammed. Those who see the pointlessness of life and struggle with its lack of meaning. Because the truth is we are born for no reason at all and often we die for no reason. This is the reality we live in. People die every single day for no reason whatsoever. Good people who are bombed in BDZs. People who deserved better and who deserved to live more than we do, all of them gone in the blink of an eye. For thousands upon thousands of years the Sith and Jedi have fought one another in an endless cycle of death and despair, and countless people have been lost in the crossfire. End the cycle, come and become one with God and the universe.​

tumblr_o4dheo1qLE1tksnplo1_500.gif
How this works.

The nuts and bolts of this operates. How exactly will we bring this change? Well that's a good question. Our goal is to convert entire populations by spreading a sort of "infection" via the force through people in sort of a zombie like manner. So one person transfers it to another until that plague aka Dredge's influence converts their consciousness into a hivemind all seen over by the Force Entity that is Dredge. Basically if you're a fan of Rick and Morty it works pretty much the same as the episode with Unity in the way that any harm to Dredge or shift in his emotions can cause him to lose control over it and have people break out of this mass trance they find themselves in.​

tumblr_nga4c7oPlF1qm1nv6o4_500.gif

What are our goals?
Change, radical change. For far too long this site has been caught up in the wash rinse lather repeat of just Sith versus Jedi, and to be frank it gets really boring. Imperialism vs Democracy blah blah blah. With this faction we want to sweep the board with an almost relatable enemy that seeks to devour entire worlds, destroy monuments to false ideals, and shape the future of the board's canon through bold and challenging stories. We've had great ideas in the past with different factions that don't align with either side but often they don't last long. And I know in all reality this might just be a flash in the pan as well. But I'd rather have a faction that lasts three to six months bringing actual change and stakes to the board rather than continuing the cycle we have now. While there's nothing wrong with Red vs Blue at all, I just think there's room to raise the stakes within that environment and provide the two with a common enemy that seeks to not to just be an evil organization who hates both, but who takes entire planets and turns them into massive hive minds controlled by God and his disciples. But what it all really boils down to is that we want to tell this heartbreaking story of emotion and pain, and see the world through the eyes of those who want to rid the Galaxy of these feelings. To create a more pure and happy existence and do it in a way that while inspires sheer terror and awe from the power exuded by this Entity, we want most of all to do it in a very humanizing way.​

231e689081df4646c2a84af1ce3467fa.jpg

If I join will I lose my free will?

No. I have no intention of writing your characters thoughts or actions. If you do decide to join the church your thoughts and actions are your own still. We're shooting for sort of a Christian mythology feel in terms of God and his Angels. If your character does decide this is for him he'll receive Dredge's "blessing" Which is him allowing you to feed off his nexus and draw near limitless power into your body (however while the force is unlimited organic bodies are not.) So in short you are still free to write your character as you see fit.​

tumblr_ner0yxdsdb1qeclafo3_1280.gif

Concerns
Am I concerned about God modding, power gaming, or any of these other things? To be completely honest, yeah I am. I think this is the first time this has been attempted here on chaos. And like all first times there's a learning curve. I want to be able to portray this powerful entity but at the same time respect other writer's characters who even might just be NFUs with little to no chance of winning and it's heartbreaking as someone who really enjoys taking hits and developing characters through loss and defeat. So yeah, I'm still learning and trying to find that area of acceptance between power and restraint. Because I certainly don't want staff to just tell me I need to stop, I want to challenge this board with new ideas and new enemies but I don't want to do it in a way that upsets everyone. So if you are someone up high all I ask is that you give me a chance to try and bring this change and shake things up a bit. I've never written a horrible powerful character before and it's a bit of an adjustment.​

If you want to join please click here

The faction page is still a WIP, I need to find someone with photoshop skills to make it look pretty.

[member="Travis Caalgen"] [member="Abraxas"]

Not from any anime. From a series produced by Cartoon Network called Over The Garden Wall. Do not sully my name by assuming I'd use an anime avatar good sir :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom