Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chiss way of doing things

e91ff09dff9c99c347411bcc5bf34c17.jpg
Running an intergalactic conglomerate by yourself is never easy, and that's why Natalie decided that it was eventually time to start recruiting some closer allies than simply allowing idiotic investors who's only goal was to milk Natalie for all of her ideas to further their own financial gain, and that's why she was looking for somebody motivated by something else... or somebody who just wasn't looking to steal her money basically.

She had screened every applicant who applied for the job and was now standing at the company's new power plant, Apollo Station X, awaiting to meet the only woman who seemed to meet the pre-hiring requirements (secretly, she had run further checks to see if they were compatible on a friendship level). That lady was [member="Evoza"] Natalie was usually a complete xenophobe, so meeting a Chiss was definitely a first, though truth be told she could see past physical appearance.

In general, she wouldn't go through the effort of waiting in the cold rain for someone she had never met before, but it seemed fitting to show her dedication to meeting the employees she worked with; though she wasn't dedicated enough to stand without an umbrella and so was standing with two droids behind her, they themselves weren't programmed to do anything but keep out individuals not on the facial recognition system.

The scene was rather cryptic, because Natalie herself was more than content to wait here for hours under the gaze of night.

Lost was probably the word that was most fitting for how Evoza currently felt. Purposeless was another one that came to mind.

The young Chiss had spend years as an assassin for hire, selling her skills to every company that was willing to pay her. It hadn't been a good life, in fact it had been a straining and emotionally crippling one, but it still had been to only one she knew. Then came the day when the offers stopped landing on her table. She couldn't tell if she had stepped on the toes of the wrong person, or if there was someone in the game that did better work for less money, only that she felt alone, scared and bored at the same time despite the wealth she had gathered in the years before.

That finally someone was once again willing to hire, for something slightly less violent than constantly murdering faceless businessman in cold blood, was more then just a new job for her. It was a blessing, a much desired opportunity to set her mind on something, instead of drowning in a sea of self-pity and booze to keep the mix of fear and guilt locked inside.

Her long black hair was wet from the rain, as were her clothes consisting of a simple pair of black pants and a red pilot jacket, once she set foot on the power plant.

The weather was certainly annoying, but she knew better then to show that outside on her first day of work. Instead her expression was locked in a mask of forced professionalism, a friendly smile that was an obviously fit for her symmetrical face with the red eyes of her people almost glowing above it. After walking through the rain for a little longer, another woman finally came in her sight, most likely the woman that had hired her. Quick, elegant steps carried her over the remaining distance, until she came to a halt right in front of [member="Natalie LaForte"].

"Miss LaForte I assume?"

Evoza extend her right, offering a handshake to the other woman to officially open up their first meeting.

Natalie saw resemblence in the figure that approached her. Black hair, ominous eyes and, well, the only noticeable difference being the woman's complexion which was a deep blue.

"Indeed." Closing her eyes and smiling, then opening them and staring the woman directly in the eyes and accepting the handshake. "This isn't the most official of meetings but I've stationed myself here to assure those hired don't ruin my financial assets, I do hope you understand."

Turning around she gave some sort of hand gesture to the droids, though they emitted no response, they weren't programmed to. "You'll have to excuse them, I get a lot of threats, empty mostly." with her back still turned to [member="Evoza"], she then turned her head back around, offering her the umbrella which was more than accommodating to fit both in. "Shall we?" beginning to walk forward should Evoza follow her, then proceeding to make conversation as they approached the power plant.

"I've read up on your credentials, you've... worked in business before if I remember correctly; if so I believe you'd be perfect for the task I'm planning on assigning you. Essentially, IMF has outgrown this small planet, and I'm looking for somebody to help me in establishing corporate offices on other key planets in the galaxy. Since you've worked in the sector "

Natalie sighed as she finished before continuing. "However, I believe we're more than aware that this job offering wasn't just for the legitimate side of business, you don't have to accept my next offer but it promises big rewards in things other than material goods. Don't feel pressured." Continuing to look dead ahead as they walked at a steady pace.

Evoza followed behind [member="Natalie LaForte"], her steps graceful alike those of a dancer, leaving little trace of her actual profession. When she began to lay down the exact nature of her coming assignment, Evoza couldn't resist then to chuckle a little, even if she found it a bit to unprofessional for her own taste.

"Miss LaForte I appreciate the effort, but as you said yourself read my credentials, and probably a furrow background check alongside them. There is no need to deny who and what I am, at least when there's no lawyer around."

In the short moment between their chat, Evoza used the time to give Natalie a careful look. Financial success was written all over her face, her clothes and her demeanour, something she had seen countless times in her line of work. Yet something was of about her, even if she couldn't place it in any way. Maybe it was just her mind playing tricks on her after spending a little to much time on the edge. Paranoia was a common side effect of her work after all.

"I will do my best to fulfil m duties, but when it comes to the legitimate side of business I know little more than how to look pretty enough to make others tell me secrets."

The Chiss woman tilted her head slightly, and showed Natalie a grin formed by perfectly straight teeth, allowing the rain, her actual appearance and her grace to prove her words. Only moments later the mask of false emotions disappeared again, her face returning the professional expression from before.

"In case you need the head of rival company taken out, or their research sabotaged or stolen on the other hand, you will find few that can do it as well as me. So please, continue with your offer."

"Well, call me a fool but I am currently looking into methods of resurrecting dead individuals, or at the very least, cheat death to some extent in the form of extending life. None of my research team is willing to partake in this task for me, and that's why I chose you. I already know that it is most likely possible to do this with the force, though I'm pretty sure I can't monopolize my own abilities for the galaxy to use."

The facility was now in sight, bright blue lights along with a constant humming sound could be heard underneath the ground. Several more of the droids were present here, though they didn't look to be too interested in what was approaching, simply moving their upper bodies continuing to scan.

"I know it sounds idiotic, but there are some individuals in this galaxy who deserve to live forever and not be shackled by the ghostly realm after their death." Natalie would then reach into her dress, pulling some sort of metal chain out slightly and showing the amulet to @Evoza.

"I only got interested when I was placed into a stasis field trying to recover this artifact for a contractor, apparently, I was stuck in it for years but my appearance didn't change, nor did my body biologically age. I've already discovered half of the puzzle, temporarily stopping biological age, though that was already possible through conventional means in a stasis pod. I am more doubtful that what I am attempting to do would be possible without force imbued technology."

"To cut my boring speech short, I need your help in doing this task. If you have moral or ethical obligations that would infringe on your ability to help me, then you need to drop them or you're free to walk out of the facility. Take the umbrella too. I need dedicated staff who are willing to help me answer the age old question, pun intended."

Natalie turned to the Chiss again and looked directly at her with a plain expression, them now stopping at the entrance to the plant.

"So, are you willing to help me?"

"Honestly I got little to no idea what you're talking about. Neither do I have moral standards, so I will do what I can as long as you pay me."

It was a little to much to take in at once. Immortality through the force to make chosen individuals life through the ages. She probably had heard that one in a movie once, but considering all the other odd stuff she stumbled over while infiltrating cooperate labs and R and D facilities it didn't was that shocking that someone somewhere was working on that as well.

The short moment of confusion that twitched over Evoza's face was gone so quickly that it was barley noticeable, and instead overplayed by a slight chuckle. What she had been searching for had been a simple but fulfilling job, but what she found had the implications that it could be something much, much worse. Yet it wasn't like she had any other offer waiting for her, and it was still better then looking at a white wall for hours while drowning in self pity.

"My masters tired their best to explain me more about this more esoteric side of the force, but their teachings didn't really made much sense to me. I hope you need me to steal information on this, because else you'll be stuck with the bits and pieces of the unfounded misinformations I can remember."

The shapers had done their best, tried to make her understand that the force was a guide and not a tool. All that she ever understood were some basic things, and a certain talent to create ice. Anything beyond that was simply outside of the things her view of the galaxy allowed her to comprehend.

[member="Natalie LaForte"]

"Oh no I don't expect you to have scholarly article on the principal foundations of resurrection a dead angel to me on my desk by Monday, we just met some 5 minutes ago. Infact, I'm rather glad you're uninformed on the subject because if you were smarter than me then these ramblings would be completely boring."

Natalie laughed, showing some emotion.

"I'm glad to hear you're force sensitive as well, usually I don't associate with the rabble that is the ungifted. I'm simply using this conversation as preliminary elimination to make sure once we actually begin to attempt such experiments you won't be tempted to rat me out to some intergalactic judiciary foundation, or the local government."

Natalie then pointed into the factory, showing a bright blue burning light.

"So, with everything outlined that I can think of, does that sound suitable for you?"

[member="Evoza"] (FORGOT TO TAG)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom