Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chase pt 2

OOC/ Decided to carry on an old story and link it up with some current events.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/32067-the-chase/

"Salisbury!" Count Veus called as he burst into the guest room. Raziel looked up from where he had been attempting to scrub out the stain of blood and red wine. He recognised the man instantly from his Spynet briefing. He could tell from the man's posture that he'd been drinking fairly heavily. Perfect. He reached out to his mind and started to probe the fringes of his consciousness.

"Count Veus," Raziel replied with just enough humility in his tone and demeanour. Veus was several echelons above him in the socials ranks and it would be inappropriate to seem overly familiar.

"Heard there was a bother with some wine?" laughed the Count. The Count was relatively young for his positions, looking in his mid to late thirties, though Raziel knew he was a good decade older. His clothing was opulent and colourful, green and blue with stark white trouser. The sleeves of his bright green jacket had jade ruffled fabric hanging out, it covered his hands but caught the light every now and again with an iridescent sheen.

“Nothing but a slightly clumsy servant!” Raziel replied in Baron Salisbury’s voice. The Baron was an invention he had spent weeks perfecting, but that did not mean he was the same to all people. Raziel instinctively mimicked those around him, letting his empathic connections tailor his persona to the expectations of others.

My clumsy servant,” Veus corrected with a smile. He waved for another servant, who entered with a length of fabric draped across his arms. “A simple sash, but it should cover the stain,”

The servant arranged the sash on Raziel’s shoulder, but he could tell that the Count was waiting for something more impatiently. A drunk mind was an open mind, so he picked the answer out easily.

“Oh, is this Basther hair?” Raziel fawned over the sash.

His cue finally there, the Count turned his head and waved the question away. “Maybe, what does it matter?” he replied, knowing all too well what it was. Clearly it was fashionable to display wealth with ease.

“Oh, I couldn’t possibly…”

“Think nothing of it, besides I’m sure it can come from the servant’s wage!” Count Veus declared. He turned away when Raziel thanked him once more, clearly bored of his duties and wishing to return to the party. It was a risk and a social faux par, but Raziel quickly covered the ground between them to shake his hand in thanks. He managed to suppress the Count’s annoyance with a gentle manipulation, but he’d almost certainly complain about the provincial Baron’s manners afterwards.

Raziel walked away with the encounter in a much better position. During their talk he’d skimmed a great deal of information about the layout and security of the vault from the Count’s mind. Sleight of hand was something Raziel didn’t often require these days, but in his past it had been the staple skill of his daily routine. In his left jacket pocket, he now had the data crystal with the Count’s crypto keys for the vault. With two out of three parts of the authorisation routine in his ownership, he just needed assistance from his team to sort the last.

Raziel carried on mingling with the party guests. With his meeting with Count Veus concluded, there was no need to attempt to climb the social ladder further. He went back to the original group he had been chatting with, minus Voldest of course. The sycophantic nobles didn’t even notice the Lord was missing. His servants probably would before too long, however. Raziel still had to move quickly. Taking an opportunity to excuse himself, he headed for a secluded area on the buffet table.

“I need Veus’ phone hacked….Yes, his phone,” Raziel whispered into his comm unit. “Once the vault gets the data crystal, the passphrase it will send a message to his phone. I need you to intercept that message. He cannot receive it, and I need the code…I don’t care if you’re not prepared get on it and give me a timescale.”

Raziel stepped away from the table and made for the mezzanine floor. Several guards watched the exit out of the back there, and he’d need to get past and deeper into the house to approach the vault. Already Spynet slicers had gained access to the building’s security systems. All except the vault’s of course, that had proven too hard a nut to crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom