Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cantina (Open to all)

Jak Black

J
Jak walked across the path, to a Cantina, he sat himself down and ordered some drink he had never heard of, he planned on having a good night.

MAI

Multipurpose Advanced Infiltrator
In order to understand organics I thought it best to try and examine a spot where most were known to gather and socialize. The cantine seemed an ideal area, and thankfully this one allowed for droids if needed. I entered and explained I was to hold a table for a false master and wait for his arrival. The owner seemed appeased enough to allow me to chose an ideal spot or which to examine the entire bar, seeing any and all forms of organics that entered, exited and spoke with others. From what I was able to learn most of them spoke of things such as the news and gossip spreading among the system. I took note of nearly every species from human, rodion, jawa, bathan and so on. I did also notice a human who almost had the feature of a croke, though my sensors could've been augmented due to the inefficient and, quite frankly, annoying music being played.

@[member="Jak Black"]

Jak Black

J
There was only one bad thing about this Cantina, it allowed droids, one had just walked past. Jak wondered if he should walk over and taunt the droid, so he walked over, sat opposite the droid and said "Hello Tin Can" he had clearly insulted the droid but knew because it was a droid it wouldn't fight back.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

The croke-like human had sat across from me. Not a good thing. Then he called me "tin-can". From that I could only surmise he was trying to be offensive. I spoke to him, saying "If you are trying to discourage me by insulting me then you should be more accurate. I am not made of tin, rather a highly advanced synthetic metal alloy. And I would appreciate if you would leave me alone, post-haste." While my tone may not have seemed it, I was obviously annoyed at him. The first organic to speak to me and he insulted me. Logically that would warrant such behavior.

@[member="Jak Black"]

Jak Black

J
"Woah..." Jak exclaimed "god your a knowledgeable droid" Jak felt like talking "would you like a refreshing drink of oil?" He asked, knowing that he would look stupid but how the hell was he meant to know what droids drank at cantinas?

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"I do not need to drink oil for sustenance." I explained. "I simply require to change my internal battery power source while charging." I began to asses that, perhaps, to better my understanding of organics, that I should indulge in partaking in his offer for buying me a beverage. Perhaps it could lead to other optional variables. "I suppose I would be interested in a drink." I said, trying to not seem too advanced in my vocabulary, given his response before. "Though not oil. Perhaps something non-alcoholic."

@[member="Jak Black"]

Jak Black

J
"Hmmmmm" Jak thought aloud "wait right here" he went and ordered the drinks then brought them back to the table "drink up" he said taking a swig of the liquid.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

Instead of drinking when he did I instead held the glass up and examined the liquid inside. My internal scanners detected the traces of fizzing and amount of dextrose, among other things. "This is club soda." I stated, having finished my examination. I simply placed it back on the table and watched as he finished his. "You are croke, are you not?" i asked in order to begin a conversation.

@[member="Jak Black"]

(OOC: You're tagging the wrong person btw. you need to spell MAI all in capital letters. lol)

Jak Black

J
Jak finished his drink, but the droid just simply put the glass on the table and said that it was club soda. But then the conversation took a completely different turn, she asked if he was a Croke, "are you a droid" he asked her meaning to answer her question that way.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"Ah. Attempting to placate my question with another." I stated out loud, catching his ploy. "I see where this conversation will lead. Then I should suffice to say yes, I am a droid. Though I am an advanced model." Of course I could not divulge that I was really a sentient program stuck within a droid. There was no way of knowing if those that are currently hunting me down have some affiliation with this man. Or that they could use what information from him they could gain to get to me. The variables of me being found if I had told the truth would grow exceptionally.

@[member="Jak Black"]

Jak Black

J
Jak eyed the droid "you sure?" He asked "because you seem a lot more complicated than most droids" he was growing suspicious of this droid hiding something.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"As I said, I am an advanced model." I continued to ruse. It was clear he was becoming a bit more aware of my unique way of speaking and the like. I was starting to think I should try an intimidate a protocol droid if it meant to take his suspicion away from me. "And you seem more croke than human to me." I said, trying to keep him off guard.

@[member="Jak Black"]

XV-265

X
The cantina's door opened. Afterwards a couple of loud footsteps could be heard. A large figure had stepped in. The figure had a blue-grayish exterior and a large weapon strapped to its back. It stood there, at the entrance. It didn't move anything except it's head. The blue eyes of the figure wandered from person to person, until they fixated on a Rodian sitting at the back of the Canitna. The figure started walking towards that Rodian, who had just noticed what was going to happen next and was now looking around nervously, as if he could find anything or anyone to save him from the fate that awaited him. When the figure stood right in front of the Rodian it spoke ''You are Danno Rossk, is that correct?'' Its voice was a deep and synthetic one, just like that of a Bounty Hunter who was talking through his helmet, but unlike a Bounty Hunter, his voice had nothing organic to it. It was completely devoid of any sign of life.

@MAI @Jak Black

Ah, finally a distraction. Cruel, fate had been. Josh DragonsFlame had been at the top of the world. Becoming a Jedi Master, his dream accomplished. Grand Admiral wasn't too bad either. His girlfriend was, according to reports anyway, pregnant. Another dream, about to be fulfilled. Josh was happier then he had ever been in his life....

But where did it all go wrong?

The disappearance of Aleidis and the amnesia of Jak Sandrow was a good start. The stress of knowing his brother was in the Sith was hurting him. And then, to finally cap it all off, the demise of both Sao and his unborn child. Both, gone, in a flash, just like that. Josh had kept a cool head in the face of pain for years. But this? He couldn't push it away. It hung over him and tore at him. He hadn't slept in days. Meditatation was impossible. He was a wreck, mentally destroyed.

He quietly took his seat at the bar, a hood covering his tired eyes, overcome with grief. He managed to mutter "The usual" toward the bartender.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

As the croke-human would likely try to explain himself, my optics turned when the first one to enter was someone dressed in similar fashion to a Jedi.Logically I could only surmise that he was either an actual Jedi, possibly a Sith in disguise, or perhaps a Jedi enthusiast who enjoyed the fashion. Regardless my scanners could tell from his facial expression something had troubled him. That examination was interrupted by the arrival of the large bounty hunter figure who had entered. When it spoke it was clear it was a droid, yet not exactly an appealing model for interacting with organics as my body was. My scanners picked up on the type and model for the weapons he carried, assessing the threat level in the cantina had grown significantly due to his arrival.

@[member="Jak Black"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @XV-265

It had been too long since Ordo had enjoyed a drink, and for him that was mere hours. Hoping to satiate his current thirst he landed his venerable YT-2000 and made his way to the nearest Cantina. The place was typical of it's kind and so to were the patrons. Ordo walked in, his black armor gleaming, and made a slow deliberate march to the bar. He sat his heavy frame on an empty stool and lay his CM Fragstorm beside him on the bar. He was not here to talk but he lifted his buy'ce off and placed it on the bar, then waved the barkeep over with one big hairy hand.

"Something strong enough to kill me." Ordo said in the gruff voice of a man that had been some time without speaking. "And keep them coming."

Jak Black

J
A few more people entered the cantina but Jak was focused on the 'droid' "Yes, I am a Croke" he said.

@[member="MAI"]

The growing number of inorganic beings amidst the large number of living sentient creatures in drew in the attention of the artificial intelligence known as Veltraa, who had just started to browse through the HoloNET channels that were being played on the holographic screens and terminals in the building. The interference on this level caused the screens and terminals to flicker for just half a second before returning to normal programming. This flickering allowed Veltraa to 'inhabit' the devices in the immediate area, although not for long and not indefinitely.
Almost down to pure luck one of the most interactive devices in the cantina lay near the table occupied by @[member="MAI"] and @[member="Jak Black"] - and while there was no technology capable of projecting an entire avatar outside of the confines of a standard screen, Veltraa's suited image appeared standing, blue and fuzzy, at the end of the table.
"Evening 'Tin Can', 'Croke'," He began, as if they were old friends - even though they had never even met. "This is a nice place, isn't it?"

MAI

I felt a slight sense of pride in that the croke finally admitted to being one. Only now I took note of the odd man who approached. Scanners activated before I stated "A holographic interface. Very advanced given how clear and life-like your images appears. But I do not know you, so I suggest you not speak to me as if you do." My scanners now took note of every important individual int he cantina. The Jedi, the croke, the hologram, the mandolorian, as indicated by his armor and badges, the bounty hunter droid. "I believe it best I, and possibly others leave. The danger variables are increasing with each person who enters into the establishment."

@[member="Jak Black"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Ordo"] @XV-265

The cantina had suddenly gotten rather interesting. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the natures of most of these men and... Err.... Woman? He assumed she was a droid, unless some nutjob put a living being in a droid's body. But who ever heard of something like THAT, right? Ridiculous.

He took a look over at @[member="MAI"], curious as to why a droid was in a cantina, talking with patrons... Usually, it was just the HK units that did something like this, but this one seemed... Odd. But no matter, Josh was used to odd sights.

He returned to his drink as it arrived, chugging it down like nothing. He had a LOT to forget. He ordered another without hesitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom