Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The bounty Hunter, and the Force.

Coruscant Cantina
interior__star_wars_cantina_by_galeriemoreau.jpg

The Cantina...

The biggest source of Scum and villainy in the galaxy. No matter how well-known, or highly praised the Location, the Cantina was always the same, the same people, Bounty hunters, smugglers, everything you'd expect from a place like this.

No better was the one in Coruscant, which Ronen Jerik had found himself in. He had been through so much, but he was strong now, he knew what he was doing. His practice in the force had given him the ability to see. He found the Cantina, he was only 16, just turned, but he had to make money somehow, he needed to become self sustaining. So he went here, maybe not his best choice, going into things.

His senses had honed in on the place, the smell of food, alcohol, drugs...
He could hear the chit-chat of the people, their next mission, a new ship, weapon.
Bounty...

He could feel the glance of the people staring at him, they could see his jedi robes, in future he may need new clothes, not time for that now.

He approached the barman at the helm of the ship that was the Cantina.

"Sir, do you know anyone who i could... Get a job from?"

He tried to sound as docile as possible, as not to draw attention.

"Get lost kid! Only men are allowed in this place"

"You WILL TELL ME WHERE I COULD GET A JOB"

He waved his hand under the table.

"See the man over there"

He pointed to a table full of Bounty Hunters and Smugglers
He leaned on the table, nervously.

"Is there a... Rikgail here?"

He thought he had the name right.... Hoped so...

Cantinas were a thing that Carden knew, his father had been in the Cantina business before he died. The past was behind him, whatever happened back then was behind him. The young bounty hunter sat at a table along with other scum, he had grown accustomed to the likes of them, the bounty hunter was always up for a job...he had run with the Hutt Cartel for a small time, but when it died down, he found other work. He remembered being apart of a heist on a military base with Xander. He remembered getting injured badly when he was helping his Jedi friend Tugoro. Then being consumed by sadness...

But that had changed, Carden had found that hanging out with bounty hunters gave great for jobs. The teen wasn't well known among the bounty hunter guilds, but he made due. One bounty hunter talked about how he took a bounty by eliminating a Jedi while he was in the bathroom, a large roar of laughter spread throughout the group.

"What about you Carden? Do you have any stories." A voice boomed. Carden looked over to him and took off his mask. The teen's brown hair flopped out. He then shot a grin.

"I once robbed a credit vault with an ignorant pyrotechnic...he nearly blew us up when he misplaced a thermal detonator." He said. The crowd was silent.

"That's it?!?" A voice said.

Carden nodded and the crowd erupted in laughter. Carden smiled before putting his mask back on. He then turned and watched as a kid walked into the Cantina, some patrons went silent, the first think Carden noticed was his Jedi Robes. The boy walked over and asked if the knew if there was a Rikgail. Carden turned and look puzzled, he then smiled.

"You have nerve coming here Jedi." One bounty hunter said, a small murmur sounded from the group. Carden knew that was coming, those bounty hunters had no class.

"A-what?" Carden asked as he held his hand up for the bounty hunters to shut up.

"Do you know where you are?" He asked as he lost the boy's wrap that was around his eyes. He put his hand on his blaster cautiously

[member="Ronen Jerik"]

Gradually Ronen realised he was not welcome, he saw how they talked, he overheard their conversation, it seems they would make more profit by killing him than anything.

Looking at them, to make sure they got the point, he revealed the lower part of his robe, revealing a double bladed lightsaber, brandishing in the light of the Cantina.

He placed his finger on the ignition, not turning it on, but proving a point to the rude bounty hunters.

"Local Cantina, i think, i'm looking for a man i was told by at the bar, is that you by any chance?"

Ronen had his finger on his cloak, to get his lightsaber ready at a moments notice.

[member="Carden Lorps"]

Carden watched as the boy revealed his lightsaber, Carden stiffened a little, while he hung out with Jedi and Sith, he rarely saw a sabre come into play. The last time he saw one was when Maleus nearly killed him, that sith was his enemy, but at the same time he pushed Carden to stay alive...to train and become stronger.

The teen snapped back into attention as the younger male spoke. Carden listened closely as he slowly released his blaster. The boy asked if Carden was the person he was looking for. The bounty hunter leaned forward over the table and grinned.

"Depends on who's asking?... You're obviously here for something, most Jedi would steer clear of this place unless they have something important to do." He said.

That lightsaber made Carden a bit nervous, he would find his hand slowly move towards his blaster, but he stayed it.

"We should just take him to the First Order." A bounty hunter suggested.

Carden laughed. "First Order are a bunch of losers, let him speak."

[member="Ronen Jerik"]

Ronen understood the man in front of him had a little more sense than the common hunters that were his friends. He let his robe hang around his body naturally once more, making him look more sophisticated, hiding his lightsaber.

"I-I need a job... I'm willing to work for you, Bounty Hunter" He pointed at the man in front of him.

"I have very little left, a man of my... talents can't get a job easily, i hope your 'Friends' understand that"

Ronen started to get a little angry, letting his training with the grey jedi get a hold of him, he levitated one of the bounty hunters drinks towards him and drunk it.

"Please, i need the job"

[member="Carden Lorps"]

Carden watched as the teen moved his hand away from his saber. Carden relaxed a bit more. The Jedi went on to beg for a job. The young bounty hunter felt a twinge of guilt as he looked at the kid pointing at him, it reminded him of Tugoro, the boy who hung out with wookies...he sighed. The other bounty hunters began to holler at the Jedi, they saw him as weak. Carden sighed as he looked around the table. The boy went on to say how he couldn't get a job easily due to being a Jedi. He turned his attention to the boy who had just used his force powers to move a hunter's glass into his own hand. The boy took a sip. Carden grinned. The bounty hunters were getting irritated.

"I still say we-" the voice was cut off by the sound of Carmen's blaster firing. The Cantina went silent, but only for a month.

"Anyone else want to suggest something to do to this kid?" The bounty hunters went silent. Carden stood up and began to walk towards the bar.

"Come on kid." He said. The teen walked to the bar and sat down at a stool.

"What'll it be?" The bartender asked.

Carden pulled off his mask. "I'll take a Corellian Whisky...then whatever he wants." The bartender nodded and Carden smiled.

"My name's Carden." He said as he put a handful of credits on the bar.

"What's your deal Jedi, why are you desperate?"

[member="Ronen Jerik"]

He felt he could trust this man. He... seemed reasonable. He told him he could buy a drink, he had never bought a drink before, as a matter of fact, he had never bought anything since he left his family when he was 13. He had to keep calm, and try to act as natural as possible. He thought of the only drink he was allowed to have during his training.

"I'll have a Corellian spiced-ale" The barman gave him an odd look, and served both of their drinks.

"I have gone... rogue. For a little while, i need money, and i need experience. This was the only place i knew, and i heard good things about you"

"I need a ship, and a man to travel with, will you take me"

He held out his hands to shake his.
[member="Carden Lorps"]

The drinks came and the bartender scurried off. Carden picked up his glass and brought it to his lips. The bounty hunter watched the boy carefully. He seemed nice enough to trust. Carden glanced back to the group of bounty hunters, some were glaring at the duo. They must really hate Carden now. He could only give them a smile before turning his attention back to the rouge Jedi.

He couldn't ignore the boy's plea for help. Carden sighed.

"It's your lucky day kid." He paused as he told another sip.

"Before I go into detail, I have a few questions: would you be willing to hurt or even kill someone if necessary?" The bounty hunter asked. He smiled.

"Will you follow orders blindly?" He asked. That was Carden's favourite question. While following orders were good, he loved free thinking, a person that could decide in a moment's notice if something was right or wrong.

"Last question: Is your sight a problem?" He needed to know that most of all, he didn't want the Jedi to get killed by accident.

The truth was, the Jedi intrigued him, he had guts to walk into the Cantina, and threatening a group of bounty hunters.
[member="Ronen Jerik"]

He knew killing was not right, he couldn't just kill a man, it wasn't the Jedi way, but when it came down to it...

"I will do what i must, in the right circumstances, i am no puppet"

He unwrapped the bandage around his eyes, to reveal to brownish, milky white eyes, obviously blind. he looked at the barman's table.

"There are 15 drinks laid out on the table, and there are 35 people in this cantina"

"I dont think my sight will be a problem, do we have a deal?"

[member="Carden Lorps"]

Carden smiled at the boy's answers.

He watched the boy carefully as he unwrapped his bandages to reveal his brown eyes, a white film glossed over, the boy then said the amount of drinks on the bar. And how many people in the Cantina. The first thing Carden did was count the drinks...there were fifteen at the bar. The bounty hunter smiled. The boy then wanted to get straight to business.

"Good, I don't want a puppet, a person who is a free thinker is much better company, and we do want to kill people we don't have to." He glanced over to the dead bounty hunter at the table.

"I'm glad you can at least know your surroundings...now to business. I have received a bounty on a noble of Naboo, right now he is at his estate. The only security is the guards he has on hand. Our employer wants him captured and brought to a secure spaceport on Tatooine. The payout should be decent, but since I know you need the credits I'll let you take the whole payment. Whenever you are ready, we could go to my ship outside." He said.

"What are you looking to learn from this?"

[member="Ronen Jerik"]

Ronen stood, and thought to himself, what do i want to learn from this? What is the purpose? He only he had one thing in his head, a goal, he could see it so clearly, it was obvious.

"I want to learn to live" He rewrapped his eyes in the bandages, and put all his robes back on, preparing himself for the adventures that wait ahead, so much could happen, so much mystery. He enjoyed it, he will live for himself, and learn what it truly means to wield the force. He knew he could trust this man, he felt he could get to know him.

This was the start of a good relationship, he told himself. "Lets get going! I'm raring to go!"

[member="Carden Lorps"]

Carden stood up and watched the boy wraped himself back up, he seemed to know what he was doing. Carden smiled when the boy gave his answer. The boy simply wanted to learn to live. For so many years Carden was confined to his father's bar, helping pass out drinks and make orders. He barely knew anything. It wasn't till his father died. That's when he had to learn to live. Carden began to walk out of the Cantina. He chuckled at the boy's eagerness.

"My ship's at dock 9..." He walked towards the docking bays and waited.

[member="Ronen Jerik"]

Ronen was not quite ready, he went to a local shop, and paid 5 credits for some normal clothes. He bought a bag for 3 credits, and carried it on his back. He disconnected his lightsaber, so it was in two sections, and connected them to either side of his body, he looked far less conspicuous, he had his robes in his back bag, and was raring to go.

He strolled to Dock 9, with his equipment, and his courage, and saw him and his ship, he was proud to be a part of this, and was ready.

"Ready to go my friend"

He clambered into the ship, and got ready for the future.

[member="Carden Lorps"]

Carden waited for the teen to return, when he did he was In a different outfit. Carden nodded.

"Good thinking kid, a bit less noticeable now." Carden said as he sat in the pilot's seat and powered on the 690 light freighter. The ship whirred on and began to lift off, Carden set a course for Naboo, then turned the autopilot on and sat back. He observed the boy. He was definitely eager, excited perhaps. Carden looked out the window.

"What's your Name?" Carden asked as the ship went into hyperspace. He took out his blaster and began to take it apart and clean it. He checked his thermal detonators and his ammunition. He then looked back at the teen.

[member="Ronen Jerik"]

He sat back in the comfy chair of the Freighter ship, and was perfectly relaxed, more relaxed than he should of been looking at where he was and who he was with.

He found it odd he hadn't told him his name sooner, he thought that'd be the first thing he would have told him, seeming as he had just met him, after looking into different leads.

"Ronen Jerik, that is my Birth name. Not sure it's safe to go by that name anymore, but anyway, what about yours?" It was strange, he thought he would be uncomftarble in the company of a popular Bounty Hunter, who can kill like a true champion, a master at his craft.

[member="Carden Lorps"]

The teen looked like he was relaxed. That was new, most people who visit this ship are used to being bounded and sold on the black market...or killed. This was surprising. Carden finished cleaning his blaster, he put it back together and holstered it. The Ninteen year old listened as the boy spoke his name and said that it wasn't safe to go by it anymore, Carden assumed it was due to being a Jedi.

"Ronen Jerik...my name is Carden Lorps...the Smiling bounty hunter." Carden said as he put his hands behind his head. The hyperspace slowed down and Naboo cane into view. Carden brought the ship into the atmosphere and landed it at a port. He brought up his datapad which showed the location of the estate.

"We're here...you know it'll be nice to have some help, especially from a Jedi." Carden said as he stood up and began to walk out of his ship. Carden couldn't put his finger on it, why did he want to help Ronen, he kept telling himself that it was because he was taught to, but he knew it was because he wanted to be a friend to the teen.

He checked his blaster one more time before stepping on Naboo soil.

"The estate is in Theed, be aware of your surroundings, there are civilians everywhere, once we're inside it should be a easy clear and secure." He said with a grin on his face.

[member="Ronen Jerik"]

He listened to the Carden carefully, and as he walked out of the ship, it was a rush to the senses. The smell of grass, freshness filling the air with naturalness. He could feel the gentle soil beneath his feet, and he could sense the people ahead, it seemed fairly lively. It had enough people to be a fully functioning economy. He quickly tightened his bandage, to make sure it didn't come off due to the hot and humid atmosphere.

"So..." He wiped the sweat off his brow "What's the plan?" He didn't do this a lot, this was a very new concept to him, he was never a Bounty Hunter per-say, but he could get used to it.

"From the sounds of these guards, i probably won't need my saber"

Even though he was no master in the force, he had a feeling his Telekinesis was enough for some common defence.

[member="Carden Lorps"]

Carden watched as the boy stood there, he tightened his bandages and wiped the sweat off his forehead. Carden looked around, he stuck out like a sore thumb, he shook his head at the thought. He then touched his thermal detonators as Ronen asked about the plan. Carden smiled.

"Well, entering the estate should be easy enough, it just depends, do you want a loud entry, or a discreet one?" He asked, whichever you choose, we're still going to need a diversion for our escape." He paused before holding out two thermal detonators.

"That's what these are for. They go on the nearby buildings... they'll cover our escape."

[member="Ronen Jerik"]

"We may be able to get past the guards with my Mind trick, it's not a full proof plan, so if that doesn't work, we can fight our way through, but i think we should be as silent as possible" He looked around himself, seeing the people whispering about his apperance, so he took his bandage off and put it in his bag.

"If this man is important, then i suppose the guards will be armed, so my lightsaber can sort that out, if it comes to a standoff. I wouldn't use blasters too early, it would draw to much attention"

He could feel other people around him talking about them

"I think we should hurry"

[member="Carden Lorps"]

Carden always was afraid of the idea of the mind tricks. The bounty hunter watched as Ronen put his Bandages into his backpack. Carden smiled, this kid was smart. Carden liked that.

"Silent is good." He then listened to the boy's suggestion.

"Good idea, I'll stick to using my blades." He said. Carden reached into a pouch on his vest and pulled out a comm link. He handed it to Ronen.

"That's for you, it's on the same channel as mine so you can stay in contact with me." He then began walk towards the estate, it was surrounded by a wall with two guards on the outside gate. The hunter placed the two thermal detonators on the adjacent buildings.

He looked towards the gates and spoke into his comm link:

"Okay RJ do your thing. I'll follow."
[member="Ronen Jerik"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom