Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Blind in the Library

When three masters of yours go into war and die right after the other, always leaving you alone for your safety, well, you look for friends. When all your peers are off on missions with their masters, well, you find other friends. Mago's friends were books and the librarians of the Jedi Temple. Mago had read entire shelves and isles with how long he had been here. An Interesting thing about his reading was that he didn't have any eyes.

Miraluka see through the Force, and each describes the experience a little bit differently. Mago couldn't see colors, but he saw outlines and shapes and Auras of people. He also could see through things, like four rows ahead of him was a Jedi Knight scanning for something on Trandoshian history. He was in the wrong section entirely. A floor below and across the library was two younglings playing hide and seek. They were skipping a lesson and a Knight would be by soon to pick them up, surely. This sight allowed him to read things just as well, whether physical or digital or holo.

Mago picked out the next volumes of ancient Coruscant-y history and brought them over to his reading table, the holobooks softly glowing their blue hue. Opening it up, he quickly discovered that he must have missed a volume. He was sure he had picked the next ones in line, where did this missing one go? He walked back to the shelf to get a better picture, retraced the line of volumes and... one was missing. Who had taken it? He began walking around, checking stacks of books or those in the middle of reading to see if they had what he was looking for. No, no, not them, where was this?

Tala Vale Tala Vale

About 5 minutes before Mago had looked at the shelf, Tala had picked the volume randomly from the shelf. Her girlfriend was resting back in their room and the blind young woman had decided to relax and read about the planet she now resided on. With the help of grail signs, she quickly found her way to the history section.

Standing in front of the service desk, she quietly waited her turn in line before coming up front and coming face to face with an older woman that served as a desk lady that seemed to be a little overworked cataloging several different works. Trying her best to get a smile on her face she asked. "Hello, where is your Coruasant history section?" The woman only gave a bland response as she typed away on her terminal. "It's in the second bank of shelves to your left, 5 bookshelves in from the end." Tala bowed slightly as thanks before turning to the shelves as mentioned and picking a book at random from them. She then moved to a window seat and started to fan through the pages, eager to know about the history of her new home.

Mago Leomax Mago Leomax

Mago kept looking and looking, walking around so his Sight could get a better look, until he found it. In the hands of a girl on a windowsill, a floor down. He made his way all the way down with the intent on getting the book back until he was just a few feet away. She was reading it, he couldn't just take it from her! But now he was standing there and surely she noticed him. "Uhm," He started, lifting one finger to scratch his cheek shyly. "You... like Coruscanty history too?"

Tala was just finishing a chapter when she looked up and noticed the young man with a piece of black covering his eyes. It had been the first time that she had met someone of her species. He seemed... very sheltered... Like he would rather live in the pages of his books than explore the actual world around him. Then again, who was she to judge? She was using her free time to stay and read in a stuffy library too. Shutting her book, she held it out as to hand it over. "Its always nice to find out about your new home's history but if you want it, I can always something else to read."

Mago Leomax Mago Leomax

She turned her head and, she was like him! He had a long strip of white cloth wrapped around several times for his own covering, while she wore a single piece of.. something of her eyes. It probably looked better than his own wrappings. But she was like him! She held the book out to him and he raised his hands as if to reject before slowly taking the book. "Well, thanks. I don't want to stop you though. And, new home? Are you new to the Temple here?"

Tala Vale Tala Vale

Tala shrugged casually as she pulled away. "Its alright, I can always read it when you're finished. And yeah, its been 2 or 3 weeks since I first came here. I've been rooming with my girlfriend. This is one of the first chances I've had to get a chance at seeing the library so I snuck out while my girlfriend is sleeping and here I am." Looking at the young man up and down, she guessed that he had never been outside the library by how he spoke. "So... you temple bred?"

Mago Leomax Mago Leomax

Mago pursed his lips at her story. Girlfriend. It wasn't a policy in the New Jedi Order, the abstaining from romantic relationships and attachments. But Mago in all his reading could only find reasons why to keep that policy. Though he relented that he wasn't as wise as the Knights and the Council, he kept that opinion.

"Temple Bred?" He asked before understanding. "Oh, no, my parents aren't here at the Temple or Jedi. I was brought as a baby and have lived here my whole life. What about you? Your parents in your order?"

Tala Vale Tala Vale

Tala awkwardly nodded along, not wanting to say that the term meant basically the same thing. It was clear that the two of them had very different backgrounds and upbringing. That made the conversation even harder to continue. Still, she wanted the young man to be a friend rather than a foe. "No, they are both on the homeworld Alpharius Brother. My dad leads within the Luka Sene and my mother is a local teacher and a community leader."

Though she was curious, she didn't ask whether his parent's had been forced to give him up or not. It wouldn't be polite. The Padawan probably didn't even know the answer. Either way, She was glad she had parents that had given her love throughout her life, rather than leave her a rather shallow husk like Mago seemed to be.

Mago Leomax Mago Leomax

"Oh! The Luka Sene! Wow, that's pretty lucky. I didn't come from Alpharius, in fact you're the first Miraluka I've met in years, but that's neat you're from our homeworld. What's it like there?" He had read about the Miraluka homeworld and their own order of Force Sensitives, but hearing about it from someone who was so close to it was far more interesting and credible than his own learning.

Tala Vale Tala Vale
OOC: Sorry this took so long. Finals happened and I moved.

Tala shrugged as she answered. "Pretty small towns for the most part, lots of rural areas. There are some bigger cities of course but they are few and far between. The most exciting thing to do is fly through the planet's valley's a breakneck speed in an airspeeder, hoping not to crash into a hillside. Either that or going into a fighting ring." Alpharius was a mostly agricultural world where boredom was cured only with a select number of activities that others less bold wouldn't dream of undertaking. If it was a decision to either read books from day to day or fight for her life, she would take the latter every time.

Mago Leomax Mago Leomax

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom