Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Best Offense...

MOSHED-2022-12-15-17-13-57.jpg

Lehon
Tags: Lilise Lilise , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

shield_core_divider.png

"S..So... how do we b..begin..?"

With a gentle smile Jasper walked over, holding out his organic hand for Lilise to take.

"Here, let's do a little exercise so you know what to do," he told her in a reassuring tone.

Whenever Lilise took the knights hand energy would begin to flow between them, moved from Jasper to her. It wouldn't be a lot, not enough to replicate force healing, but it was enough to be noticeable.

"We'll practice moving the energy in our bodies," Jasper added. "I sent some to you, now you just need to send it back. Remember, it's an extension of yourself. It's as much a part of me as it is a part of you. A little bit of work and I think you'll be even better than me."

That was just the truth. She was much stronger than he was in the force. He had no doubt in his mind that Lilise's power would surpass his own. In time, of course. All things took time.

“I imagine this might play out like classic blast defection training. But instead of intercepting a bolt with a lightsaber, instead it’s a ball with our chests?”

"Exactly like that," Jasper nodded. "If you two are ready and have the basics of moving energy in your bodies figured out, I see no reason to wait any longer. Phyla, whenever they give to the word, you may begin."

"Yeah!" the shard exclaimed, an approximation of excitement in the carbon-based lifeform's mechanical face.

Whenever she had confirmation from Shan and Ko she would begin. It wouldn't be very hard at all, even with her mechanical limbs. More like being hit by a bean bag than anything actually dangerous. It was at least hard enough for them to feel the point that they needed to be pushing energy towards.

Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Lilise Lilise

Z9U36lL.png
With all that Ko was ready, and figured Shan was as well. Stepping off to the side with the Shard girl. The Kel Dor wasn’t quite sure how he should stand. Mainly in where to put his hands. The training already felt so counterintuitive to how he understood just about everything and it came to defense for himself, especially from being from such a naturally ‘frail’ species within the galaxy.

Part of him would surely instinctively want to catch or swat the ball out of the air. Or even just dodge it as opposed to standing by to get hit with it. So what Ko ended up doing was bringing his hands behind his back some. Somewhat to disincentivize him from instinctively trying to dodge or block.

However, he still flinched considerably. Which kinda hindered his focus in trying to direct his energy for absorbing the impact of the balls.

So Lilise was training a slightly different way from the boys? She had no problem with it, it made sense; given there was three padawans and only one of Phyla. Unless the shard had three hands to throw with or an overwhelming amount of speed, there was no way that all three could train with Phyla the same way at the exact time time.

The Sylphe instead focused on the task at hand. The energy that had flowed from Jasper to her. She could feel it, the small amount of energy he'd transferred, humming within her. She closed her emerald eyes, focusing on that energy and balled it up, keeping it together. She imagined it moved almost like a kaleidoscope of butterflies might, fluttering around in her chest.

She moved it slowly, from the concentration in the center of her chest up to her shoulder and down her arm, back towards their held hands, to return the energy back where it belonged. Lilise more than took her time, the way she had imagined the energy made it both easier and harder to control.

Sometimes small bits would try to separate from the flock, and she'd take a moment to collect them, collect herself, again before pushing forward once more.

Almost two minutes had passed before she finally was able to return the energy. The Sylphe felt both a wave of relief and exhaustion as she completed the task, as she had put her all into it.

Those emerald eyes turned curiously to her Master, as she filled ever so slightly with anxiety.

"D...did I do it right..?"

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Alright. He had to prepare himself, the Mirialan rubbing his hands together as he walked confidently with Ko towards the Shard, holding his head up high. Whilst Ko was trying to figure out where to put his hands, Shan was already stepping in front of the Shard. He was ready to go already. He was used to being hit by things back on Nar Shaddaa, so he wasn't hesitating too much with this thought. Rubbing his hands together as he stepped in front, getting ready to get hit.

Though since he wasn't too used to the idea of using the power, so when Shan focused on trying to harden his chest to deal with the throw, he had focused too early, letting the ball hit him blank in the chest instead, and caused the Mirialan to let out a groan of pain. It wasn't too bad, as he rubbed at his chest, but he took a step back for a moment to let Ko go next. He had to figure out the correct timing for this kind of thing. He could try to keep his power running, but like Jasper said...It couldn't last forever.

Whilst he waited for Ko to go next, Shan turned his attention to Lilise Lilise and Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el . It was impressive to see the bond between Padawan and Master. He rubbed his chin in thought at that, clapping his hands together. He wasn't sure if Lili had done the right thing, but he was going to stick to it either way. "You guys are doing great!"

Lehon
Tags: Lilise Lilise , Ko Vuto Ko Vuto , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

shield_core_divider.png

"D...did I do it right..?"

"You did it perfectly," Jasper beamed. "Great job!"

It was admittedly not easy to manipulate one's energy for the first time, but she seemed to pick up on it quite naturally, even if she was a little exhausted afterwards. It was a good first use of the skill, and Jasper had a feeling that her ability would only flourish from this point on. She'd be surpassing him one day. He was sure of it.

"Now you can begin to focus on gathering it in one spot," he added. "It'll compress and harden for a moment. Not for too long, at least no right away, but it's a good start."

The application for the future was worth the investment.

With that he made his way over to Shan and Ko, giving the two an assessment. Shan had prepared himself too early, losing a bit of steam, and Ko was flinching with each rubber ball thrown. He gave a slight chuckle before placing a hand on the shoulder of each.

"Alright, guys, let's find a different way to tackle this," the knight decided. "We've gone through a couple rounds, so tell me what you've observed about the difficulties you're having."

Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Lilise Lilise
Z9U36lL.png
The young Kel Dor was really trying to focus. So much so he really zoned out to the others around him. Not paying attention to the others around. Developing quite a bit of tunnel vision for the task at hand. Mostly so he just stopped being so jumpy.

So because of this Ko flinched a little from Jasper grabbing his shoulder along with Shan. Hearing Jasper’s words his shoulder sagged some with a defeated demeanor. “Well, I feel like I’m having a bit of a mental block with this. It just seems so antithetical from how I’ve been trained in defending myself. With blocking and avoiding attacks more than tanking them ya’know?” Ko explained some, hoping his words made sense. That was at least what he’d observed in himself. “Fortunately I don’t feel as thought he idea or principles behind this ability are very hard to understand.” Ko felt almost like he had cold feet with the training. He wanted to learn this but began to worry that he might just not have had it in him to be able to.

Her anxiety rose and fell as Jasper spoke, quickly creeping back up as her master even then pulled away. She wasn't upset, she wasn't jealous, only nervous. Lilise wanted to show Jasper her best. She knew he had faith in her abilities, and Shan and Ko needed their own one on one time with the Jedi as well, but it didn't stop her nervousness from rising when he stepped over to the other two. She sent silent cheers of encouragement their way as she watched them work for a few moments.

"Focus.. and gather.. I..I can do this.." She nodded, muttering aloud to herself. The Sylphe sat, a meditation pose, with the sole thought of just gathering her energy all in one place. Her anxiety existed as a barrier against her focus, it wasn't something she could simply overcome; better to journey with it and let it follow her than to let it lead the way.

Her energy was all over the place at first, the butterflies flitting back and forth, restless. It would take time, time for her to gather her own energy as he'd instructed. The energy from before had already been together, and it hadn't been her own. To gather her own energy, manifest it as Jasper had his own, seemed a more challenging task.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Shan just rubbed at his chest carefully, trying to deal with the small bit of pain he could feel from the repeated smacks he had been receiving from the balls. It was a bit sore, but it wasn't anything too awful. It had been interesting to see how Ko had dealt with it however, with his flinching. It seemed like they were both on opposite sides of their issues. Ko was hesitating too much, whilst Shan was far too eager to take the blow...Was Shan too self sacrificing?...No! No! That was impossible. Shan was only a reasonable amount of self sacrificing.

"I'm just...used to being attacked. I learned when I was young, to prepare myself as early as I could, because it would make the kicks and punches far less painful...but now it means I'm preparing myself way too early to deal with it all."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. It seemed like a complete normal response but he had thought he'd actually have done well at this ability. He just needed to figure out how to approach it from another angle. He needed to be more like Ko. Not be so eager to protect himself, and instead wait. wait for the right moment to protect himself and be able to conserve his energy. It's like Soresu.

Lilise Lilise Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom