Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Best Offense...

MOSHED-2022-12-15-17-13-57.jpg

The Best Offense...
Lehon (Rakata Prime)
Tags: Lilise Lilise , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

shield_core_divider.png

Even with war on the horizon, Jasper found a collection of students who were questioning the extents to which one should engage in combat. He hoped to give these students more tools to utilize, ones that would help them maintain their effectiveness while keeping up their personal philosophies. His own padawan, Lilise, was one such staunch pacifist. He liked to gear lessons around her preference, hoping to help the young sprout maintain her non-violent nature. Shan was another padawan who had come onto his radar, one who had a distinct view on the use of lightsabers as a weapon judging by their initial meeting. The last was an interesting case, not necessarily a pacifist. Ko Vuto was a boy who had come back from a brutal battle on Chaldea, one which had seen the world practically annihilated. He was well aware that the Kel Dor was now questioning his stance on taking lives after being forced to kill an individual who was not to dissimilar from himself in age. Jasper hoped that a new outlook on how to use the force could shed some light on where the boy could go next.

And what lesson was complete without a little bit of history? Jasper hated being cooped up in the temple, and he figured that after their long days of studying on Coruscant that the padawans would feel similarly. Calmly, with his organic hand tucked in his pocket, Jasper would step onto the lift door of the Redwind and out onto the planet of Lehon, gesturing for the students he had brought along to follow.

"I suppose a little history lesson is in order," he decided, continuing to walk out of the vessel. "Lehon was once the seat of power of the ancient Rakata, a cannibalistic species with a strong connection to the force. They once laid claim to a large swath of the Galaxy before a plague ultimately destroyed them. Now all that's left is the ruins of their civilization."

Jasper shrugged, a gentle smile coming to his face.

"None of that is important to today's training," Jasper noted. "I just figured a change of scenery would be nice, and it isn't every day I get to spout a bit of history."

It wasn't long before they had arrived in a forested clearing, perfect for the lecture he had planned. Jasper was not very strong in the force, but he had made an effort to expand his pool of knowledge after joining the Jedi Council. That also meant learning from other force traditions. He had been traveling for the past few months now, seeking out knowledge whilst between assignments from the council. It was a trip to
Karvoss II that would see him spend a month with the Matukai, a force order he had known to have aligned itself with the Jedi in the distant past once before. Most of the training he could manage was martial arts in nature, but there was something that he had managed to figure out.

"Right, let's begin with a demonstration," he decided. "Ko, I'd like you to kick my chest as hard as you can. No holding back."

Undenounced to his small class, the knight's chest would become
far more rigid than it had been before, solidifying in preparation for the incoming kick.

Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Lilise Lilise

Z9U36lL.png

Ko didn’t really expect to visit such an ancient world. Well, technically all worlds were ancient, but they didn’t always have much of a profound impact on the wider galaxy from eons ago. He followed the council member along with two other padawan learners. One of which was Jasper’s actual Padawan, a floral teen he’d never met before. There was also a Mirialan boy who Ko had seen before but had not had the pleasure of actually meeting.

Soon enough however Jasper began the lesson after leading the trio of students into a clearing in the woods. He seemed to start things off by asking Ko if he would kick him as hard as he could in the chest. The words might have made Ko’s face go a little pale if they could. “Excuse me…?” He simply asked. Mostly just to make sure he heard them right.

Feeling a little nervous, Ko approached the council member who was about the same height. They said to kick as hard as he could and not hold back. It was a strange thing to be asked by a teacher. The Kel Dor teen readied his stance before turning his body some, bending his leg and raising it. Finally he extended it out into a sharp kick square into Jasper’s chest. The shock of it reverberated back some into Ko and actually made his foot and ankle hurt some as if he just tried to kick down a brick wall. Causing him to wince along with the sound of a sharp inhale coming through his mask.

Lilise followed along after her Master, trailing along a few feet behind the other two padawans. It wasn't because of her nerves for once, no, but more because she was drawn and distracted by the numerous flora around them.

It was only after Jasper asked the Kel Dor padawan to kick him in the chest. What had her Master called him? 'Ko'? The Sylphe watched in disbelief for a moment. Then concern. Then horror as Ko's foot connected with Jaspers chest.

She glanced back and forth between the two in silence, the flowers amongst the floral fronts of her hair went from blooming to small and withdrawn as her concern was all too apparent.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Lessons were always something Shan looked forward to, no matter who was teaching him. Though arriving at the planet, Shan was almost instantly distracted by all of the flora around them, reaching his hand out towards some of them...before pulling his hand straight back to his side, shaking his head to himself. Don't touch what you don't recognise. He'd rather not end up getting himself stung by some kind of strange plant.

Though even with his interest in the flora around them, Shan did find himself glancing back to check on the floral padawan behind him, wanting to make sure she hadn't fallen behind. Whilst she wasn't too familiar to him, the Kel Dor was, having seen him around the temple alongside some lessons. Ko was his name, according to Jasper, which Shan made a mental note to try and remember.

Whilst Lilise seemed vastly concerned for Jasper, Shan seemed more curious than anything. He doubted Jasper would let Ko do something like that unless the Jedi Knight had a plan. So the Mirialan was more curious as to what was going on, than the actual damage that Ko could have done to Jasper. He tilted his head at the impact, watching Ko wince from the kick. "...Interesting." He muttered out loud, glancing between their teacher and Ko.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Lilise Lilise Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Lehon
Tags: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Lilise Lilise , Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

shield_core_divider.png

"Oh jeez," Jasper frowned, becoming a little flustered. "Maybe I shouldn't have said as hard as you can."

Ko had injured himself, but nothing seemed to be broken at least. He gave the Kel Dor a firm pat on the shoulder before walking over to his padawan, placing his hand on the Sylphe's head.

"It's okay," he assured. "I wasn't in danger. I was using an ability I picked up while traveling that I want to teach you all today."

Jasper lifted his organic arm, letting force energy flow into it. A faint aura emitted, but aside from that it appeared to be ordinary. The knight, of course, knew otherwise.

"The Matukai of Karvoss II are a force tradition focused more on martial arts and the physical world," Jasper explained. "I wasn't anywhere skilled enough to keep up with them, but I picked up on an ability that they developed. Soft to Solid is what they call it. It lets the user become more rigid for a time, like I just showed you all. It is a short alteration, but it can prove useful when protecting yourself. For some of you here, especially those who don't wish to turn to lethality in combat, this is a tool I think you'll find greatly effective."

A smile spread across his face.

"Any questions?" he asked.
"I'd like to clear stuff up before we begin."

Z9U36lL.png

Ko’s ankle was likely going to be sore for a bit now. Not having expected such a harsh resistance to his kick. Instead Jasper would avoid it in some manner not tank it all. The Kel Dor gave a nod to the council member as they gave him a pat on the shoulder before making his way over to his padawan.

Soon enough the blonde Jedi Knight gave an explanation to what just happened. Mentioning the ability developed by a Force Tradition Ko wasn’t aware of until now. An order whose focus was on their bodies. It sounded almost antithetical to Ko’s own interests and studies on the external and metaphysical abilities The Force afforded him. However this Soft to Solid thing sounded pretty interesting to Ko.

Kel Dors weren’t a naturally durable species. Something they made up for with faster reflexes. Ko was notably more brawny than most of his kin but it didn’t actually translate much beyond what was standard for humans. So learning an ability to improve his already limited hardiness sounded like a great addition to his studies. The soreness that radiated from his wrapped hand was a good reminder for why such an ability would be so useful for him as there’s a very good chance Ko could’ve lost his appendage back on Chaldea.

He wondered if Jasper knew that about the Padawan’s biology, or if it was just a fortunate coincidence that it was the subject of council members' lesson today. Ko was eager to learn. He had some questions of his own already, but none he wasn’t confident would be answered shortly by their teacher.

She felt her hair almost bristle as Jasper patted the top of her head, to reassure her that he was okay. She had been concerned for the both of them, Ko especially given she swore she'd heard him wince or sigh in pain. She couldn't say that though, her nerves wouldn't let her. Instead small thorns popped from her hair around the flower buds, a frustrated pout joining it for a brief moment.

She watched his demonstration, her frustration melting away as she focused more so on the explanation. Such a technique existed? Curiosity filled the Sylphe's emerald eyes as she stammered aloud.

"I..It can be used for b..both protection and... attacking?" The flower buds slowly opened back up, the Sylphe becoming at ease once more. "H..How can you avoid.. l..lethality while using s..such a technique in combat..? W..wouldn't that make it... m..more dangerous for the opponent..?"

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Ah. This ability might have been useful for Caldera. Shan still felt bad about having to use his lightsaber's handle against an innocent brainwashed civilian. Then again, would this have been helpful as well? Shan frowned at that thought, glancing between the other Padawans, to see what questions they had about the ability Jasper was teaching them.

He rubbed his chin, trying to figure out if he had his own question to ask. A Force Ability that helped the body was clearly something that he hadn't put too much effort into thinking about it, but if he thought about it now, it made complete and perfect sense. Though he tried not to focus on thatfor now, instead raising his hand to ask his own question after Lilise

"Does the technique only help with blunt force? Or would it help against bladed weapons as well?" Shan doubted the the ability would help with those kind of situations...so maybe it wouldn't have helped him on Caldera, but it was better to ask his question now, than find out whilst in the middle of using it.

Lehon
Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto , Lilise Lilise , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

shield_core_divider.png

Jasper glanced back to Ko, frowning. That was... odd. He had been waiting for a verbal confirmation that the boy was okay. Had his concern not been clear? A glance back to the prickles on his own students head made that very apparent.

"Oh jeez," he sighed. "Sorry, I probably should've just asked with my words. I guess I still get cues mixed up sometimes..."

The knight awkwardly chuckled, his gaze shifting back to the Kel Dor.

"Are you okay?" Jasper asked. "I have means of treating wounds if need be."

Once all that was cleared up they could get back to the task at hand.

"H..How can you avoid.. l..lethality while using s..such a technique in combat..? W..wouldn't that make it... m..more dangerous for the opponent..?"

"I suppose it all depends on how you use the ability," Jasper noted, scratching the scruff on his chin. "What I'm suggesting is a more defensive use of the ability, something to help maintain yourself when engaging someone who may perhaps be a bit more hostile. When trying for non-lethal solutions, such as Soresu in lightsaber combat, the goal is to outlast. But... I can see how one might utilize the ability to increase their own physical prowess offensively as well. In that regard, this is an ability that will need a bit of reserve and self-regulation. I don't believe you'll have trouble with that Lilise. You'll use it right."

He gave the girl a proud smile. Jasper was, at times, maybe even envious of the conviction his student held to remain a pacifist. He had no worries that she would ever utilize the ability to attack.

"Does the technique only help with blunt force? Or would it help against bladed weapons as well?"

"It can increase the survivability of taking a blow from a blade," he nodded. "Perhaps not a lightsaber, but for something more akin to a vibrosword or a force blade you may find it to be helpful."

With that, he clasped his hands together.

"Right then. If we're all in order I think it's finally time to begin."

Z9U36lL.png
The Kel Dor padawan knew he was alright, since the Knight training them right now was surely more experienced he figured Jasper also just knew that he was fine. Confirming it would just be redundant right? Looking back at the metal armed knight, Ko gave a nod. “Yeah I’m good, I just didn’t anticipate much resistance. My foot might be sore tomorrow, but that’s about it.” He said, finally speaking up. Ko had not meant to confuse anybody with his silence. Knowing that he was fine and just imagined that those around him assumed as much.

As Jasper answered questions and explained the ability more it just started to sound better and better. It couldn’t block a lightsaber, but Ko has also heard of tales where Jedi have done that with other abilities that might not be too dissimilar. He could see it being used both defensively and offensively in equal measure. Such as when striking unarmed one could possibly harden their arms or legs just before the moment of impact so it was like constantly getting hit with knuckle dusters. All while being unaffected by an adversaries own attacks. Seemed like a pretty nasty combo to fight against.

Ko wondered how they would train this ability, would they all just circle around kicking one another until they became proficient with the ability? Ko patiently waited to see what the instructor had in store for them now.

Lilise looked to Ko, her frown returning. She felt.. useless. She couldn't help others to the standard she hoped to. Maybe this training would help though...

The Sylphe glanced from the other two padawans before back to her Master, listening to what other questions they had, as well as Jaspers responses, nodding nervously when he went so far as to place his hopes in her.

Unbeknownst to her, Lilise would be thinking similarly as Ko. How exactly would they be learning this? Training themselves how to use this technique? She trusted Jasper whole heartedly, but her curiosity was starting to get the better of her.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

"If your foot plays up at all, just tell me. Apparently my lightsaber makes healing more...pleasant or something." Shan thought he should bring up the offer to Ko. The Thontiin crystal he used was meant to act as a painkiller when he healed people, which just worked for the Padawan...Though he wasn't always great at noticing pain unless it was obvious. Which is actually part of the reason he told Ko to speak up if the pain got any worse though now he was more curious about the technique.

This could have helped him to disarm that woman on Caldera instead of knocking her out...but there was no point stressing over what had already happened. It was done and dusted. This would just be a skill he could focus on for later...but now he was wondering how Jasper was going to teach the trio of them. He didn't know much about Lilise nor Ko, but Shan didn't like the idea of practising this kind of technique against another person.

Was it possible they were going to test it on the trees around them? Trying to uses the technique whilst hitting them? It could possibly work but he wasn't entirely sure. Either way, he just had to be patient. Patience was key at the end of the day.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Lilise Lilise

Lehon
Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto , Lilise Lilise , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

shield_core_divider.png

"Alright," Jasper nodded.

It was time that they began.

"Let's clear our minds a little," he continued, taking a deep breath. "While the Matukai think of the force in a physical manner, I find that it's still important to approach things from a metaphysical lens, at least when I was learning the ability. I like to imagine the force like water. It ebbs and flows, shifting around and through objects, changing it's form when exposed to different things. That water moves in and around you, filling you up and allowing you to feel its presence."

Jasper reached down, cupping some water from the nearby stream. Slowly but surely he allowed the force to flow through his body, lifting the water up with his mind and beginning to manipulate it.

"This flow within you can be harnessed," the knight explained. "Not controlled, but compelled to move, like a stone parting a brook. We already do something similar to this when we influence the movement of the earth, or transfer healing energy to a wounded individual. No doubt all of you have practice doing such a thing... so lets look at this from a different point of view."

The Sentinel of Harmony would tap the floating water, a rune scrawled onto the ring finger of his mechanical hand. Chill. A simple lightside rune he had picked up from training with Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble .

"Water isn't just fluid in motion. It changes form," Slowly he would begin to bring the ice back down to his hand. "It presses in on itself, becoming something new. Something rigid. When one is healing, it's natural to let that energy transfer to something else... but let's assume that we don't allow that energy to keep moving. It compresses, focused into a pinpoint on our bodies. Suddenly our water is looking a lot more like ice, isn't it?"

Before long though, the ice was melting in his palm. The heat of his mechanical arm was simply too much for it to retain it's form.

"But be weary," Jasper added, an air of caution in his tone. "Eventually the energy will want to disperse, move back into the current of the greater world around you. It's a useful means of protecting yourself, but it must be used in moderation. It can only be kept up for a limited amount of time, at least for the novice practitioner."

The smile returned to his face as he let the water drop back to the ground.

"Right then. Let's begin, shall we?"

Last edited:

Z9U36lL.png
It warmed Ko’s heart to sense the concern from Jasper and the other Padawans. Even if it was just for his leg now, it also reminded him that he didn’t need to let himself suffer in silence like had been subjecting himself to since his last mission. Feeling more appreciative he still stood quietly and attentively as Jasper began to explain this technique of The Force to the trio of students.

Ko absorbed the water and ice metaphor well, he liked metaphors and thought of them as a good way to connect ideas to one another and to learn through them. It also made him think back to his own recent elemental training when it came to manipulating earth. Having to untrain himself some and rethink what stones, ground, dirt and earth actually meant. Earth was more like water than many may realize. Able to shapelessly flow as mud or be whisked away in the air as fine sand. it wasn't just big rocks and boulders like he initially had in mind when he started. Which let him know just how much he still had to learn.

He also listened to Jasper caution them on how the energy would want to eventually disperse after being so concentrated and compressed. Ko nodded and spoke up some. “It’s like a metaphysical osmosis, the energy flowing from high to low pressure to balance itself out.” Ko stated, thinking of it almost like a physical science. Possibly highlighting his more book-smart approach to learning new information. Possibly similar to how Jasper talked about the Matukai who seemed to view The Force in a very worldly manner.

“It also sounds like it needs to be used preemptively, by anticipating something shortly in advance, unless we waste energy overusing it. That makes sense. How might we practice that?” Ko was somewhat repeating what the Jedi Knight was saying to help retain the information and let Jasper know that he was listening to his words.

Lilise just listened to the others talk, chewing on the inside of her cheek nervously. She too wished to know just how they'd be training such a technique. As such she silently turned to her master, looking to him in almost cautious excitement. A deep breath later, Lilise was working to clear her mind, easier said then done as she was also trying to pay attention to what Jasper was saying.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Interesting. Jasper saw the Force as similar to being like water. Shan had to admit he saw it similarly. With their actions causing ripples in the Force that would then hit something solid. Thus the metaphor was something he could easily wrap his head around, taking the Force from something fluid that flows around everything to something rigid, ready to protect. It wasn't something that would be too hard for him to try...but it was still something that may be harder for him to be able to master.

Though the Mirialan turned his attention to Ko as the Kel Dor spoke, noting how he had a point. "Could it be something we train to be instinctual? Reactive? We'd obviously have to start off slow...ish, for our reactions, but there could be a point where we can react to fast moving objects the same way actual water does. Since a fast moving object hitting water causes the same amount of force as if the object hit something solid?"

He had no clue if he was making sense, but it was making sense to him. It wasn't something they could instinctively do yet, so they wouldn't be able to suddenly turn their body solid towards every attack, but if they worked at it, they'd be able to perhaps be able to react faster to stimuli...Either way, he turned his attention back towards Jasper, eager to learn more about these new techniques.

Lilise Lilise Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Lehon
Tags: Lilise Lilise , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

shield_core_divider.png

“It also sounds like it needs to be used preemptively, by anticipating something shortly in advance, unless we waste energy overusing it. That makes sense. How might we practice that?”

"I'm glad you asked," Jasper grinned, "I happen to have an assistant who will be helping us today. Phyla!"

Just then, the head of a
young girl with blonde hair came out of a nearby tree, followed by a mechanical torso. Her body was clearly droid, but she moved in a manner that was far more organic. The padawans present would feel the Force moving through this individual, and those knowledgeable would recognize the child as a Shard.

"Present!" the girl exclaimed with a salute.

"Thanks," he remarked, rubbing the child's head affectionately. "I was afraid I'd have to go looking for you. Right then," and in an instant he had turned back to the class. "Phyla here is going to be helping us. She's a shard, so she is a living being much like you or I, but her mechanical form here offers her some unique abilities. She had a pretty keen eye and a good throwing arm on her."

"Yessir," the young shard nodded. "I'm gonna throw stuff at you!"

Jasper laughed a little.

"Nothing dangerous," he insisted. "Just some rubber balls. We'll be focusing on our chests as they cover the largest surface on our bodies. We'll be filling them with energy, letting that energy compress and tense up, and act as a concrete wall that the balls will bounce off of."

"Could it be something we train to be instinctual? Reactive? We'd obviously have to start off slow...ish, for our reactions, but there could be a point where we can react to fast moving objects the same way actual water does. Since a fast moving object hitting water causes the same amount of force as if the object hit something solid?"

"Of course," Jasper nodded. "The Matukai have mastered the art to a T, with some even able to use it for hours at a time. As for the force, yeah. Taking a blow will still hurt, but the damage won't be as high. Not to mention it doesn't feel very good to hit a rock very hard. It's a sacrifice for sure, but a bit of pain could be the cost that tips a confrontation in your favor, especially if you wish to end an encounter non-lethally."

Z9U36lL.png
Very soon after Ko asked his question. Not really in the way he expected with the arrival of another individual. It was quickly explained to the trio that the mechanical being was a shard. The Kel Dor had met a shard once before. Working with them on a mission once in the coruscant underworld.

The crystalline people reminded Ko that there was some marvelous ways in which life could manifest itself. That carbon-based compounds weren’t the end all be all of how life came about.

Ko listened to how the two explained what was to come next. Rubber balls would be tossed at them. It sounded like a pretty simple and safe way to go about it. He worried some over the idea that there would be more chest kicking. Where the day would end with sprained ankles and broken ribs.

“I imagine this might play out like classic blast defection training. But instead of intercepting a bolt with a lightsaber, instead it’s a ball with our chests?” Ko knew that was pretty simple and straightforward but the idea alone felt so strange. Having learned and been conditioned to block and avoid attacks, not just stand there and tank them. The Kel Dor was sure there would be a bit of a mental hurdle to overcome with that. Nonetheless, the masked padawan was ready to begin.

A shard? Shan had never met anything like that before. They seemed interesting to say the least. His father would probably be intrigued to how it worked, but Shan shook his head. He could read up on them later, but now was time for practice as he rubbed his hands together, glancing between Ko and Lilise as the pair of them spoke and just gave the pair a grin.

For Shan, bracing himself to take an attack was going to be easy. Whilst he had started to get used to soresu's methods of blocking and deflection, for the longest time, he had been used to taking punches or attacks back on Nar Shaddaa. THere was a part of him that was concerned over how hard the balls were going to be thrown, but he doubted that they'd be in any lethal danger. Just in potentially very painful danger.

No pain no gain at the end of the day as Shan clapped his hands together. The mirialan was ready and eager to put the technique into action as he turned his attention over towards Jasper and Phyla at the same time. Part of him hoped his energy would at least be a bit infectious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom