Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Best I Can

Not long after the Jedi had left Voss, a foreboding feeling had come upon her and one other person. He had been there first, but Jairdain had eventually met up with the then-stranger and worked with him to accomplish a goal. She had been wrong or mistaken in saying the Sith weren't going to take Voss. His few persuasive words had worked on her though and they had removed the statue that was a tribute and home to more than one spirit.

Freedom and release had been granted to those that wanted it, but the original had decided to remain tied to the statue. So Jairdain had it removed and safely stored for transport. Taiden had left its destination up to her and she had it taken to Commenor. She was there far more often than any planet the Silvers had and thought of it as more of a home than any other place.

When they had parted, they had agreed to meet up when things settled down. Soon after, her life had gone to hell and back. Now a few years later, things were finally stable for her. A home had been built on Commenor for her and her son in the country of Juniper. She was regent on this country and had an area made specifically for this statue.

Deciding to contact Taiden, she hoped he would be able to visit. The location in Juniper was perfect, in her opinion and now she waited for him at the spaceport.

[member="Taiden Keth"]

Silver shuttle touching down, it descended gracefully, making little noise or wake as he landed. The craft cut the air without making any waves, pretentious almost in how it made contact with the ground, thinking itself apart from it or better. Taiden had his own island on Dac, cut off from the galaxy and spent much of his free time meditating there. On how to be more humble. Yes, humility with credits was hard but not impossible.

His life was simple. He’d go from place to place, often these days right under the Sith’s noses. That was harder with Eshan being in tatters but nevertheless attempted. Taiden had put out feelers as far as he could to old family back home. Keth, Kae, and others that they had known in past dealings. To see if he could help evacuate anyone. Voss. He’d let go initially easier than Kei did to the old home. Now Kei was well situated on Kashyyyk, with his family, he was fine. Taiden, on the other hand, had so many commitments in what was now Sith Space, that doing much there without extreme risk was impossible.

When he’d heard Jairdain had moved one of those commitments with her, he was overjoyed. Visibly so in his walk, as he descended the ramp, alone this time. [member="Taresa Kae"] was on the ship but asked to wait with the Keth Honorguard. Bright-faced, full white but simple clothes, excited almost. Although his posture was usually rigid, it had a spring in the step as he met her. By taking that responsibility with her, it proved a lot about her character to him. The bow when he saw her was swifter than before. His force aura almost perfectly white, with the slightest spot of grey in his recent teachings, blindingly white almost if checked.

“Lady Ismet, it has been too long. Heartfelt thanks for your message. I hope the day finds you well.”

[member="Jairdain"]​

Her own Force aura was almost the same as it had been when they met on Voss. She still walked the fine line of light and dark, but she wasn't fully tainted. Marked certainly and there were fresh scars on her. Scars that were slowing healing and the worst of her past had left its mark on her.

Greeting him with a more relaxed attitude, Jairdain did smile at Taiden. Not being one used to hiding her emotions, she would be an open book for him to read. In her position as Regent, there was a little stress on her face. But she was confident in her ability to perform her duty to Commenor and her son.

Picking up on his excitement, that smile grew. There was an addition to her. A small animal peered out of a pocket at him. Through his eyes, she could see him for the first time.

"It does. I hope your journey here went well? Please, just call me Jairdain. There are times when formalities are needed, but not today."

Holding her hands out to him to shake if he wanted, she didn't want to hug him but give him something more than a simple handshake.

[member="Taiden Keth"]

Traditional Echani, at least how he was raised, didn’t do physical contact gestures as a force of habit. It was only through contact with the outside galaxy that he’d learned to use them. He spotted how Jardain stood in her body language, watching her reach for him.

Their last meeting had been difficult, communicating with words alone had proven very difficult he recalled. Jairdain.” Taiden took her hand in both of his and bowed his head to them, releasing her when he was done. Titles meant nothing, he used them all the time because they meant nothing. Small gestures, tiny signals, like keeping an animal in her pocket meant everything. The stress on her face increased his desire to be here in his step and stance, as he had come to share in her burdens, and need not stop with the singular task they had undertaken together.

The Echani not only bowed to her but curiously bowed to her pocket-sized traveling companion as well, attempting to make it audible for her. The way Taiden stood was as a friend might, though they had not spent long in each other's company, he was seeking friendship, impressed that she had been true to her word, and it might show. However, he knew not that she saw him, and so spoke very slowly and clearly, trying poorly to accent certain words of importance so she had a full picture of his intent. Occasionally he would turn to her pocket creature as he spoke, checking to see its reactions to him and his proximity.

“When I received your message to join you, I was humbled, that you would oversee the responsibility here, and not only that but endure the risk needed to remove them,” Taiden admitted it couldn’t have been easy moving everything, with the spirits and difficulties they had encountered, then watching over them for so long. “What can I do to help you or ease this burden. Have there been any more developments?” He was very keen to share the responsibility with her, in whatever capacity he could.

[member="Jairdain"]​

Sage watched him as he moved and blinked at Taiden when he bowed to him. It was a fully sentient look the Echani was given and Jairdain lifted him out of her pocket. Holding him up for Taiden to look at closer, he would see shimmering green to white fur on an animal that looked like a small fox.

"This is Sage and he's an Ashlan Wolf. They are telepathic, but can only communicate with their bondmate and other Ashlan's through it. He might be able to express some ideas to you through physical acts, but not full communication as he does with me. He is pleased to meet you though."

The little wolf flicked his tail and stretched out along Jairdain's hand and arm, wrapping his tail slightly around it to give himself a little extra support.

"He allows me to see through his eyes and in that way, I can now see the world like somebody with sight does. It can be quite interesting to see people's expressions and body language. I missed so much, but then my own form of vision saw past all those facades. Seeing the true heart of a person usually."

As Taiden spoke, she listened and smiled at his thanks.

"Would you like to visit the area I have moved the statue to?"

It did not answer his question, but she felt that would come in time. At the moment, she knew it would better to show him and have him experience what had happened over the years.

[member="Taiden Keth"]

The Echani Scholar looked at the wolf. Life in front of him moving in the pocket. How it moved, how it carried itself. Size was not as important. He nodded again, holding that posture to the creature respectfully as he would to a protector guarding his charge. A guardian despite his size “Long life and may the currents you follow lead you both safely Sage”

Would he like to follow to the room? “Please if you would Jairdain,” Taiden preferring to talk as they moved, he found that much more natural than static conversation.

The true heart of a person. The Echani paused for a good long while and considered the best response carefully. “Seeing visually for the first time must have been challenging.” He considered, challenging and perhaps disorientating. If her old manner of seeing was superior to this, and she missed how he used to see. Life seemed always about compromise, where to spend our time, what duties to attend to, who to call friends and enemies. What eyes we saw through or beliefs we accepted. "Compromise, perhaps you'll find a way to integrate both."

Like today. He was here with her, that was the best place he could think of being, of all the millions of stars right now, here. Then tomorrow, who knows. That was also disorientating for him, there was no flow that he could comprehend, it was stop-start, stop-start. "How long have you resided here?" He looked trying to gauge the rooms as they walked, their purpose, and any movement within them being his primary interest.

[member="Jairdain"]

Taking the hint that Taiden preferred to talk while moving, she motioned for him to follow her. With both a hand and her body. Turning in the direction they needed to walk and the small wave of her arm should indicate where they needed to go, it would also say Jairdain wasn't going to allow him to walk behind her. She wanted to go with him together.

"Sight had been given to me on previous occasions, only one of which had been under favourable conditions. At two of the times, I had been captive of the Sith and they were attempting to convert me to their ways. It was like they wanted to give me a gift that would last, but it took away my own ability to see."

As a diplomat and consular, the words he spoke she sensed had more than just the surface meaning. There was compromise needed all through life. Not just at certain points. In a way, she lived a life of compromise. It was an aspect of her and Jairdain had incorporated all through her.

"It is a work in progress, my friend."

Giving him an open smile, she turned away to look where they were walking. As he looked through the various rooms, he might notice a few people wandering around, but none were slaves. Some were servants and others appeared to be more business related and they helped to keep Juniper City running smoothly. She might rule the country, but even she needed people to oversee the day to day activities of the general business.

"I came to Commenor when I was around twenty-three and it's been a few years. However, I haven't been here the entire time. Two years I spent travelling the galaxy a little and trying to train the prince I was the advisor of. We separated and is now missing. I am concerned for him but feel he is still alive."

During those two years, they had formed a bond and connection. It wasn't as great as what she had with some others, but strong enough that Jairdain knew he wasn't dead.

"All told I would say it has probably been six years or so since I came here originally."

[member="Taiden Keth"]

Together. There was a momentary adjustment for her talking to him as a traditional Echani might. If she understood body language, Taiden was smiling without smiling. He was looking up, open in posture, arms uncrossed. Never once in his life, for all the time he could remember had anyone walked with him by their own choice, it was always behind or in front, or his initiative.

“I have found Jairdain, in my life time, it usually is.” Taiden walked beside her, keeping in almost synchronous step and time. As another might alter themselves unconsciously around a friend, his rhythm altered to match without thinking about it. Missing. “Why do you feel he is alive? Is it some subtle clue that you have, a mystery, or just a greater sense in the force?” His mind set to the task already, part of his time now was thinking how to best approach this problem in between their moments of conversation.

“Time escapes us before we know it, I look back and wonder where it went.” He admitted. He didn’t feel old, but there was that creeping sensation that he might one day begin to feel it. He was at peace with that. Steps light and unburdened. “Have you made many friends here that could assist in the search?” How things ebbed and flowed, rising and falling like the tides. It never ceased to amaze him just how much things could change in six years. That or remain exactly the same, there was “so often no middle ground, things seem to change or stay exactly the same.” The comment wasn't a muttering, but they were thoughts clearly coming out, not pained thoughts, just casual conversation.

[member="Jairdain"]​

The companion Jairdain had in her pocket decided to come out and rested on her shoulder. Though she had introduced Taiden and Sage, the small wolf looked at him closer than he before. Intelligent eyes observed him and Jairdain smiled a little at what her friend said about compromise being something that happened usually in his life.

Tilting her head up slightly to indicate her thoughts on his questions, she put it back down and turned just slightly to show him she was open to talking about this. Blinking her eyes slowly, she wasn't reluctant to answer but finding the right words was difficult.

"I loved him at one time or thought I did. Those two years we were away brought us together. Then we separated as I had taught him everything I could. I haven't seen him since."

Lifting a hand to her heart, she had it rest there a moment and then lowered it.

"The feeling is there that he is still alive. There are things in motion at the moment and I don't feel there is anybody here that could help search for him."

Like Taiden, she did not feel old either. Her life had many ups and downs, but Jairdain was a survivor and not one to give up. There were times in her life, like right now, where she just coasted along tranquilly and at others, she was braving the rapids. Not too long ago her life had been rough and hard. It had caused her to break down and she had made many poor choices. Happy to be back on with an even keel, she hoped it would stay this way for a while.

"Your words are truer than you can imagine."

[member="Taiden Keth"]

Taiden did not offer affection the same as Kei might have readily with a hand on her shoulder. So it was conscious thought that saw her own hand and mirrored it, bringing his hand to her arm, resting it lightly. “We will search for him together. If he yet lives, we will find him.” Natural for Taiden to sign up to another duty, a personal one but undertaken with the same seriousness. Continuing to walk with her, he released the hand. Reaching out his senses to try and get an idea of the statue or spirits awaiting them. Not picking up anything yet, no strange feelings or thoughts magnified, he wondered if the same effect was present in this place as before, or it would be something else that awaited them both.

“I am told it is natural, that pieces move and others stay. Yet others tell me is pain that blocks all of life moving together, and fracturing of old experiences that keeps things apart,” As if life tried to copy what was again and again, the painful fractures that were created the first time remaining until they were healed. The same old white clothes, the same white hair, pale skin and silver eyes, taken all over the galaxy. Part of him remained very fixed. No emotional pain though, light, there was a very light aura still, somewhere behind his eyes it was almost present as he watched her.

He blinked, his posture opening again, making eye contact then away, “whatever experiences hurt Jairdain. I want you to know you have a friend who will always listen, and will help where he can.” There was a tugging sensation in his chest, since Sera had freed them all from any netherworld contact. Almost a missing piece inside of himself. He coughed but said nothing specific, other than, "do you have any water to spare?"

[member="Jairdain"]​

When his hand came up to rest on her arm, her own hand came up to touch his. With a gentle squeeze to his fingers, she nodded slightly at what he said and turned her focus in Force away from him a moment. When she spoke, it was softly. Not making any attempt to hide what she felt about the situation, it was a mix of concern, a little love and something that indicated she had put that relationship in the past. There was no going back to being with the Prince in a romantic sense and Jairdain did not want to.

"When I met the Prince originally, I had the feeling he would go dark. I never told anybody. Now with him gone, when he is found I am worried he will have done exactly that. Soon after we separated, I found out I was pregnant with his son. His name is Marcus. He was kept secret until recently. Now quite a few people know of him and I'm worried that if Brad has turned...well, what kind of father would he be?"

After making that admission, she almost expected Taiden to turn away from her and close himself off. When they had met, she had not hidden that she was a mix of light and dark, did not do that now. Jairdain hoped he would accept the presence of Marcus as well as he had accepted her neutral alignment. What she was now had everything to do with her past. It all combined to make her who and what she was.

"Life has ups and down, Taiden and I know this. My life has had a lot of pain, but it also has had a lot of joy. That brings us to one of the reasons for you being here. We are almost there."

Then he asked for water and she picked up from him a feeling of loss.

"Of course, I do. What happened?"

Even though they were almost to the garden, he had asked for water and she stopped them outside of a door. Opening it, Sage looked through the door for her and she opened it wide for Taiden. Inside it was a refresher and it had a sink with a glass to drink from.

[member="Taiden Keth"]

Far from turn away Taiden immediately stopped all other movements and turned to face her. The motion was such an abrupt halt that it was intended to emphasize sincerity. Although his perspective was often from a sheltered life, raised in such a way where the grimmer realities of it were shielded from his upbringing. He’d come a long way since that young Echani, and so offered what he could.

“I know not whether it is best for the wrong father or no father at all. I do not think there is a right choice Jairdain,” Taiden admitted, as both paths for the child were perilous. “I would only suggest you see how he conducts himself toward other family and yourself for an idea of how he would toward your son, and if that is what you want Marcus to both experience and grow to be like.”

After a long pause and intense eye contact, his postured eased and he addressed the cough, though this was somewhat wary and difficult. A scholar not having the first clue about such a personal question put him in an uncomfortable position and his body language was awkward.

“The piece inside us that held several of us unnaturally to the netherworld has ended. Keth’s. My dead ancestor's hold over us has lessened greatly. At least that is what I conclude, I wonder which of my companions paid the price for it and why. That troubles me greatly as I had hoped to unravel this mystery myself.”

After a brief stop at the fountain for refreshment, the liquid seemed to help settle his throat, which he cleared. Standing straight up, and nodding politely, hands behind his back. There was more to this but its urgency was uncertain, even to a Jedi at this point. How he even knew there was a price, was confusing to him. Taiden simply didn’t know more and didn’t know how to learn more, as nobody was revealing anything. Hmm perhaps a spirit linked to statue could offer a hint on otherworldy events, but he doubted they could know.

Jairdain Jairdain

"There wouldn't be an issue introducing him to his son if he was present. Brad is missing though and that combined with what I felt when we met led me to keep Marcus hidden. Now with others of the royal family knowing about him, I'm sure word will reach his ears. When that happens, I wonder what will come of it."

Stopping when Taiden did, she waited until he was done speaking before she did. There was a bit of a pause before he spoke again after she had and it opened a small door into his life. Neither one of them really, truly knew each other, but each time they met, something new was learned.

He mentioned the Netherworld and ties to it. Along with them being broken now. Jairdain had no ties to her own ancestors that she knew of, but that didn't lessen any that he had. Just because it wasn't something she could understand entirely, she could comprehend it a little.

"You would have sacrificed yourself to accomplish this?"

What he said, implied his companion had died to bring this separation about.

"Do you feel any sort of loss? Perhaps I can help you through some of that."

Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

“Do you wish me there when you meet him? In case of the worst?” He offered gladly. A neutral third party might at least give those involved pause when they acted. Though he sensed the matter was already settled in some way, the offer was made.

A younger Taiden would have sort self-sacrifice as a first choice. That was a very long time ago, something Sera had just gone through now with Syn Syn in being granted a long life instead, unknown to him almost like they were on a rotation… joined as they were. Learning similar lessons in different ways. Matsu had broadened his outlook on life greatly since arriving at the SJO, as had Nima, both fondly remembered, life experience had been a great teacher also.

The Jedi Knight paused in reflection at her question, taking time to fully understand it. “I would die for any of them if I thought I could save them, that would be my duty.” In his own way he'd been responsible for their capture, so long ago now. While it was true his companion was dying, and he would seek the cure personally. “I speak instead of studying the problem, I wanted to understand the link at a fundamental level.” Because understanding to him was the key to it all, to analyze everything to the point of no return. The same reason he had never married, or sort companionship, for taking too long thinking on asking a woman if they wished for a simple meal. Such were the pitfalls of an echani and scholar approaching love or even just life.

“What I lost. Have you ever had something that acted as a chain, a ball inside of yourself. That no matter how ugly or unwanted it was, how much it hurt or drove you to act, to doubt yourself or fear the future. When it was gone there was nothing in its place? You never again received that fullness inside of yourself.” That was what he had felt gone as his ancestors influence had gradually left him, and although unlike Sera he didn’t describe the feeling as empty, life had lost a certain emotional intensity and tangibility which had never been replaced beyond fleeting sensation. When he felt responsible for everyone and everything, as some of his companions still did, beyond simple duty, that was also something he could have almost woken up to each day and sustained himself on. It had taken years for the scholar to finally speak these words to another soul.

That moment of open vulnerability on an Echani was probably the first time the guard had ever slipped so much on Taiden and it had released a torrent, to do so outside of a duel was unheard of, even if they had been walking in tandem. “I go on my lady. We have far more important things than vague emotions to be speaking on. The fate of spiritual wellbeing much beyond my own lay in the balance. But I thank you for listening.” His feet came together in a well-timed bow, and he turned as if to begin walking, waiting for her as they were in this moment of personal secrets told, conversing as a pairing of souls laid bare. It was his turn to expect retreat from his partner, but he knew her too well from his time spent watching her in motion and action to expect retreat from Jairdain, extending his arm again in escort.

Jairdain Jairdain

She didn't exactly shrug off his offer or entirely decline it but she did not feel she would need to use his services. When the time came to introduce Marcus to Brad, it would just happen naturally. If it ever happened. Shaking her head, it was accepted and lightly declined.

It seemed she misunderstood what he meant when he spoke the first time. Even though he would die for his people because he felt it was his duty, that was something she agreed with. Jairdain would also sacrifice herself for her family if there were ever a need for it. Provided her death would secure their safety, then she would die.

As Taiden clarified what he meant, she nodded slowly in slight understanding. An aspect of Jairdain was her easy acceptance of things. Rarely did she try to unravel mysteries and just accepted what life brought to her. Life could be hard enough without her bringing more onto herself. In her own life, she had taken on many jobs, lives and responsibilities, she really didn't need more. Yet her nature almost dictated she did.

Listening to him as he explained what he felt he lost, she couldn't help empathize with him. Almost from her first days with the Silvers, she had been connected to a couple of people. One of them was dead now, she had murdered the last of them herself. This had been at his request, but losing that connection had left her feeling empty. A soul-bonding had been broken that day and by her hand. The other person she was connected to still lived. She had brought him back to life because of their connection and now he lived in exile.

While she could not see him in the physical sense, her eyes met his through the Force. Her gaze wasn't focused, but all of her attention was on her friend. There would be a touch of sorrow come from her as she thought of her past actions and what they had done to her. That feeling of loss and emptiness. With the sound of sorry in her tone, she nodded.

"I do understand exactly what you mean, Taiden because I have suffered the same sort of loss. Or at least, something similar."

Jairdain hadn't wanted to be connected to a Sith Lord, but yet that is exactly what happened twice. One to Darth Lykos and then Krest. Having been hired to advise the Crown Prince, over time, she had met many people. One of them was a sort of vessel for Lykos, it was that vessel she had murdered. Just a piece of the Sith she almost hated. His death had left a gaping hole in her soul that had yet to be filled. A scar so deep within her only she knew about anymore. Now Taiden had an idea about it as well.

In a way, it appeared as if their roles were reversed for a few moments. Taiden was normally a closed person, yet he was telling her quite a lot about himself. Holding nothing but respect for him, she listened. Commenting there was something greater than him to attend to, she held a hand out. Not stopping him totally, she was sure the motion wouldn't be missed. He spoke with his body in a far greater manner than she would ever comprehend.

"You don't ever need to worry about saying too much to me. Take this opportunity to be open and allow somebody in that can help. Maybe not help, but at least listen. Our spiritual friend has waited this long. She's not going anywhere."

Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

“You have an abundance to hold what is said or done Jardain. I envy that about you,” Taiden admitted, no judgments, listening and responding. A way of being that he had always aspired to. Both of her own shared concerns and his now carried. Feeling her loss in the force, was tangible. Tangible connections and relationships both lost and here gained. He wasn’t so empty as Sera, but he was still numb in part because “Some” as Jardain described, “have a way of ramping up the intensity of life so the rest seems less than it really is.” Some things did that as well, often things people used to forget or numb themselves, for him sometimes to continue what they were use to or raised in.

They hadn’t walked, so the motion was less, subtler. The body language regarded her with some reverence in how light it was and careful, still turned slightly to the side. “Truly they are the most lost, as they miss all the sound from the noise, and this,” he reached to hold her hand. Not romantically, as a friend, thumb tapping her palm to highlight the connection.

He’d met others also that missed the sensation of touch out of some code, thinking it brought armageddon. When it was a simple hug, or reminder that you were alive, that others existed and you were connected to them. Confronted with the familiarity of friendship, that had taken him a few years to understand in the wider world outside of a colder family setting.

She offered to hear more but for Taiden that armor of upbringing, heritage and race rarely came off. Denying some of the familiar connections that he currently sought in life. Bred into the bone, reaction of muscle and mind. “Thank you, my friend.” Brought to face her again by motion and impulse, “I also hope you feel able to confide in me.” Releasing her hands, the Echani found some measure of usual spoken reserve standing beside her, instead, his body language again did the talking. The setting was almost picturesque and a day he would look back on fondly. Evident in how relaxed his body and expression were, lighter than a moment ago but tense at the fingers from the brief human connection.

Breathing however from the Echani was deeper than usual and more pensive given their exchange, eyes on the path and her both. Glad they were as one for this day, his arm remained once again extended for her to take in friendship. "When there is more to say..."

Jairdain Jairdain

Throughout her life that is what she had done. She listened and held onto what was passed onto her. When the time to speak, she would offer her advice and opinion. Her door was open to Taiden and it seemed he understood that. In their encounters, he had always been reserved and Jairdain accepted this about him. Time had passed and she still did. Nothing was going to change that and she was glad he would accept her as well.

It surprised her just a little when he reached out to take her hand. Even though they had been walking arm in arm, this was something different. He opened himself to her and then took her hand when she offered it to him. This was appreciated and hopefully, he picked up on that.

"When there is more to say."

They were raised differently, but she understood some of what he was doing. Giving him a true smile, it wasn't a large one, but enough to show him what she was thinking and maybe feeling. As this time together trickled past, the day was slipping away. Jairdain finally knew they needed to keep moving.

Accepting his arm, her hand rested on it and she moved to continue the walk to the garden.

Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

Statues and solace ahead, less statues from the living. Life more revealed than its usual stoic stony form. Uneasy spirits bound to places and times gone by, within stone to be respected and remembered. Stone of form and heart both. Unlike those they visited, would they go peacefully to rest when it was their time? Taiden liked to think so, if all duties were done. The Echani said nothing as they walked, having said enough for five Echani lifetimes. It may take another five before he spoke again at the rate they proceeded next.

Taking note of the garden and stopping at flowers or herbs along the way once again to admire how the grounds were looked after. Seeking hints or ideas for his own creations. The Kethborn wondered idly if he could transplant a certain cutting from one shrubbery to dac but didn’t mention it not wanting to impose.

Soft wind drew a breeze, trailing what little loose foliage there was across the pair’s feet. For his outpouring he seemed lighter even than before, taking great time to admire the fine details around them, and attend to anything that Jardain or he spotted out of place. A weed might be carefully pulled, or flower propped up if it needed care, no matter how much she might protest at him not needing to, he felt obliged to assist keeping the garden in harmony.

Taiden would not know where they were going or where the statue was kept, only that he was greatly enjoying the short journey there and wanting to draw that moment out into its own lifetime. Those private enclaves where you chose to meditate, to sit and relax or develop a personal connection with defied explanation to others, as words failed to describe experiences or relationships even to objects and locations adequately.

Jairdain Jairdain

The silence did not bother Jairdain one bit. Enjoying the quiet companionship of a friend was something she didn't often get the chance to do. As they walked, she would point in the direction of certain plants that she liked. She could sense he was paying attention.

Walking slowly, this was new to Taiden and she wasn't going to rob him of this opportunity to look around. Sage fell asleep in her pocket, but she didn't need his eyes for this. These grounds were familiar to the blind woman. After all, she had been the one to help design them.

When the wind blew, it brought the sound of her young son's approach. Turning when he came out from behind a bush, his element of surprise ruined, she gave him a large smile and held open her arms for him. He was just as physically blind as she was and not as strong in the Force. In familiar places though, he walked with a sure step.

"This is Marcus. Marcus meet Taiden."

Standing so her friend could see her son, she held him in one arm and if Taiden allowed it, she would put her other through his again. Tipping her head to a spot in front of them, he would notice a gazebo with the statue in the middle.

"We're almost there. I hope you like what we have done here."

Once they arrived, she put Marcus down and took a seat on a bench to give him the time he needed to pay his respects. The spirit was present, but subdued and resting. What power it possessed was still there and her soul was still attached to the stone.

Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

Taiden didn’t kneel and ruffle her son's hair as Kei might have, instead he stood hands together under his chin, and bowed, head lowered slightly to speak to her son. “Marcus, it is my honor to know you.” Then he rosed back up as Marcus joined their shared arms, happily walking with them both. “He moves like you,” Taiden offered, Echani insights into personality or just him being kind.

Rounding the corner arm in arm to see...

Most visible was the lift in his own spirit, just to see Aja’s ghost resting on the statue’s edge. The garden area so well cared for, in a wash of insight, he got the impression now Aja was no longer as lonely that she was almost happy, and with that thought alone joy almost shone from the Echani Keth, even without a smile, the force aura almost filling the garden for that moment radiating off him. One arm with her, he bowed, his other hand placed upon his chest. The deepest and most profound bow of respect he’d ever given Jairdain. Caretaking and respecting the significance of those that came before, meant he didn’t rise up for a good minute whether she wanted him to or not. No words. Another might have hugged her for a minute, but that wasn’t his way.

And as with everything Taiden nothing happened for almost ten minutes after he raised, while he just watched Aja who began to slowly form at their approach, beginning to become whole at the statue’s base. Was it an awkward silence? Not for the Echani who was wholly comfortable being there and present in that garden, and now in Jairdain's company. Though Marcus might think otherwise at the time he was sat!

“My friend. It has been too...” Taiden smiled at the spirit, who hugged him before he could finish, and if she allowed it Jairdain to, even Marcus got that ruffle on his head as well if he sat still for it. Not that you felt a spirit hug in the same way, maybe she was ready to pass over, almost.

“A very long time ago Jairdain you kindly offered to teach me to spirit walk with them,“ he looked to Aja and back to his friend. Wondering if their other spirit companion Trush would make an appearance, and once again as Taiden neared the statue for overly long the strange feeling of… something else not quite right appear, perhaps he was the catalyst of it. "Would you still be willing to share that journey?"

Jairdain Jairdain

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom