Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Beacons Are Lit ( Galactic Alliance Dominion of Chandrila & Botor )

Objective: Purchase supplies for GA
Allies: Galactic Alliance
Enemies: None
[2/20]

An explosion shattered the glass dome above Zonia, with her instinctively raising arms up to shield her head from shattered fragments raining down onto the marketplace, but none got through the sleeves of her thick leather jacket.

"What the hell???" she muttered in utter confusion, not even having the slightest idea what was going on. Thick grey smoke quickly filled the establishment, reducing visibility to a few feet ahead. Screams of terror permeated the air as people began running about haphazardly, the sounds of blaster shots fired through smoke nearing. Zonia caught a sight of several tall figures clad in black descending on ropes from above before she threw herself to the ground. She lay on the floor for a few moments, hoping fire would cease.

Instead, the body of the merchant she just spoke to collapsed behind the counter,smoke emanating from the round blaster hole in his forehead. The Prakithan yelped and withdrew towards the aisle separating counters, then started to quickly crawl through rubble, past other people who were either struck down or took refuge behind crates littering the floor.

"Frell, I ain't dying here." Zonia mumbled, while trying to think the best way out. She had no weapon, no skill at combat. She also highly doubted attackers could be reasoned with. Finding adequate cover and contacting the Alliance seemed like the best strategy.

"Does anybody hear me?" she voiced into the comm upon crawling under one counter and pulling a crate to close the opening - "Galactic Alliance command, please respond."
"This is Zonia Kalranoos. I am trapped in the AgriMarket on Chandrila, there had been a terrorist attack. Request extraction."
She nervously gripped the comm, her voice louder as she repeated - "Gallactic Alliance command, please respond!".

Unfortunately, her cry for help had been overheard, as all comm links had been compromised. The crate had been pushed away and a gloved hand reached under the counter, grabbing Zonia's ankle and pulled her out. The Prakithan look up, only to witness a face of a man who had a black bandana over his mouth.
"Sweet dreams, babe." he said in a raspy voice and rammed the stock of rifle right just above Zonia's eyebrow, knocking her instantly unconsious.

Objective: Stayin' alive
Allies: Galactic Alliance, [member="Kahne Porte"], Rogue Squadron: [member="Alexandra Russo"] | [member="Asmus Janes"] | [member="Cal Sedaire"] | [member="Vale Endriss"] | [member="Choli Vyn"]
Enemies: Zegg Brimhold

"Wake her up." Brimhold commanded, comfortably seated in the captain's seat of the prison ship he hijacked. A slap was administered to Zonia's cheek, more than enough to wake her up from her punch-induced slumber. Dark eyes opened to behold the ascetic command room of a Kiltirin-class Dungeon Ship. The pain was immense; the blood flowing from her eyebrow already half-crusted. She had been out for a while.

"The day just keeps getting better." Zegg said with a satisfied, maniacal smile - "I didn't think I'd earn some serious money today."

Kalranoos erected herself to sit, only to find out her hands had been bound by durasteel cuffs at the small of her back. Was she being held hostage?
"Let's see how much you are worth to Alliance scum. And how much they are willing to pay for you, unharmed." he threatened, twirling Zonia's comm in his hand. Surely, he was going to ask for a ransom, Kalranoos concluded.

"The Alliance does not negotiate with terrorists." the Prakithan said sternly - " You will gain nothing."
"Who said anything about negotiating?" Brimhold retorted, leaning in to sneer at Zonia - "I'll make demands and if they don't fullfill them, I'll kill you."

He laughed out loud, then leaned back in his chair - "Actually, either way I'll kill you."
Kalranoos glared back at him. She wouldn't let the Alliance pay a dime for her.
"Hail the Hanna City Defence Force and the Alliance. Tell them we have something they want back."

Objective: Assist Chief Security Officer Dalen Myrhold in protecting the city. (Objective 1)
Allies: GA members/local security forces, [member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Vale Endriss"]
Enemies: TBD

When the transport landed Armis and the other volunteers disembarked taking a minute to stretch thier legs before setting off towards the Capital. He was stopped by a Security Officer Davos who introduced himself and mentioned Chief Myrhold. Armis gave the man a bow.........."Armis Vindex" he introduced himself taking note of the other group Davos also spoke to.

When they started off Armis listened to the partial update provided by the Security Officer.

"Do we now exactly how many prisoners were on that ship and how many of them made it down to the surface?"

He paused watching the people in the Market scurry away. A teenager helping his mom flee the area accidentally bumped into Armis dropping everything in his hands. Armis smiled softly helping the boy gathering everything back up.

"I know you are scared......it will be ok." "Steady your nerves and just go one step at a time."

Armis winked at the boy before turning back to his comrades.

"How many Officers do you have fit for duty?"

Armis watched the rising smoke as he spoke.

Objective: Meet With Chief Myrhold
Allies:Galactic Alliance/ [member="Armis Vindex"] [member="Zonia Kalranoos"]
Enemies:None
{2}

"Officer Davos, a pleasure." The Jedi Master spoke of when they arrived and met with the liaison. Kahne gave a polite nod of his head as he glanced back toward his group that was with him and then glanced over towards individual and in turn gave a small polite bow towards the whom he took to be a Jedi. Kahne listened well as he gave a small casual glance around him and noted the nervousness of the Officer as Kahne glanced down towards his blaster and could see it evident.

Then again who wouldn't be nervous or even frightened during a time like this. The Jedi watched as Armis helped the boy gather his things that had bumped into him. Kahne smiled and then turned his attention back towards the Officer, while Kahne would hold his questions until they reached the Chief. Not that he didn't trust the Officer, he just wanted to hear it from the Chief himself. Kahne glanced back to the group of soldiers with him and nodded his head. "Stay Alert my friends." The Jedi spoke in reference to anything and everything that would stand out open doors,windows up above anything that would put them in harms way so close to start of this mission.

Kahne cleared his throat as he heard distorted traffic in his comlink, hearing bits and pieces of it. Smoke rising in the distance is what mainly caught his attention and then there was an attack on the AgriMarket here in the city. He heard her name request for help and the Jedi glanced around. Hopefully the Market isn't to far away. If there was an attack there, its on the way, the Jedi Master knew they had to help.

"The Market was attacked." Kahne spoke out to his group,officer and to Armis. The Jedi knight raised his comlink as he returned message hoping that she was alright. "Kalranoos, this is Jedi Master Porte, do you copy." The Jedi could still hear distortion in his com, he wasn't even sure if it was a message received, or if something had happened to her already.

Rath Daagh

R
[ 04 ]
Bring Your Own Objective

"This place is pretty fine, don't you think?" Taegan spoke as the two walked on the lands of Chandrila. "I can see why they'd want to have a thing made for them."

Rath knelt and touched the soil on the ground. He didn't only have a degree in societal sciences, but also in geology, so he pretty much knew what different grounds and dirt were like. And he also knew that this planet seemed to be incredibly fertile.

"Gardens. We won't put monuments up here. We need to make a garden," Rath spoke, looking at the soil in his hand. "I don't know about the climate, but the planet is really fertile. Plants will grow here very well."

"And you think they would be OK with having just a karking garden?" Taegan was skeptical. He would have much more preferred to raise high skyscrapers or military bases or huge fields of statues. Gardens weren't his thing. He didn't understand what was so interesting about them. Although that was also the reason why Rath had hired him. Since the project leader didn't have much knowledge in architecture, he needed somebody who had such knowledge to assist him. And that was Taegan.

Taegan had learned a lot of architecture and also physics and chemistry. Together, the two were a pretty good duo.

"Yes. We have to do something for the culture here. And gardens are a part of culture if we do them right," Rath spoke as he rose to his feet. "This one project doesn't have to be our last one on the planet."

Taegan was visibly disappointed and annoyed.

"Fair enough."

Arieth zh'Vranthi

Galactic Alliance Ambassador
rogueone_expectations_bothan.jpg

Objective 4: Prevent/Protect/Capture further chaos in the City of Hanna City by any means, including the capture of Galdur Smokwho coordinates the terrorist ground forces.

| 2 |

"What is the status?" Ambassador Arieth zh'Vranthi queried to the Bothan Alliance Commander beside her. They stood in a semi-circle around a holographic display. One could feel the palpable tension in the room. They had to move quickly and swiftly.

"We are still getting word in, Ambassador." Commander Bor Tha replied. "We have Rogue Squadron coming in to break through the blockade." he gestured to the sudden shift in the display to reveal Chandrila and the space around it.

"Our plan is to puncture here." he added, "While deploying forces here at Hanna City." another tap of the screen and more small dots would reveal where Alliance troops would follow.

"We have intelligence to suggest that Galdur Smok who coordinates the terrorist ground forces are there."

"Who do we have on the ground so far?" Arieth inquired.

"We are in the process of confirming -" a pause, as another Alliance member came in.

"Ma'am, we have reason to believe that Ambassador Kalranoos is there."

[member="Armis Vindex"] [member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Zonia Kalranoos"] [member="Vale Endriss"]

0b638e7a18a1e021c817cc8d4295ebdf.jpg
Hanna City
Arceneau Trade Company

| 3|

"At 1535, we intercepted this transmission."

Saffron sat watching quietly as Aeri Vyn pressed a small button, displaying the transmission for the small collective to see.

[[ This is Dalen Myrhold, Chief Security Officer of Hanna City Security Forces. I am humbly requesting your assistance. Key leaders of our political system, 8 to be exact, have been captured by a terrorist claiming the name of Darth Skuggsa. He claims to be a Sith and has re-located the hostages to the Crystal Caverns. He has claimed if any rescue attempt is made, he will set off explosive charges he's placed about the city at random. In addition, we have lost a prison ship in orbit, that is where we first learned of this tyrant, broadcasting messages of terror and promise of violent attacks. We thought it was a joke, until the first bomb went off in our own Capital Rotunda.
Since then, he has freed a particularly dangerous group of criminals led by a Zegg Brimhold. Zegg a known murderer and lunatic and a well known terrorist among our people. He has contacted several of his friends, one by the name of Galdur Smok who is coordinating their ground forces. They have been making raids on some of our smaller cities. This has gone beyond what we are equipped to handle... and so I ask for your help. ]]

As it came to an end, the Zeltron hit pause, turning those violet eyes over to Saffron. "This is why the city is currently under lockdown." The pair had been preparing to leave Chandrila and travel to the next Bio-Dome location. They had recently built a prototype bio-dome near Hanna City, and had come to inspect its construction. However, things had inexplictably taken a shift when the news that eight of the key Chandrilan leaders had been taken hostage.

"Any word to whom that transmission was sent to?" Saffron asked, tapping her fingers upon her desk.

"Odds are either to the Galactic Alliance or to the Republic. Both are within the distance to lend aide."

"Secure our facility, have all the employees remain in their homes." Saffron would state a few seconds later.

"We cannot afford to have any of our employees harmed."

Rath Daagh

R
[ 05 ]
Bring Your Own Objective

"OK, scientist, so what do you want to do with these gardens?" Taegan asked, his tone speaking of great annoyance. He had really expected to have something glorious on the planet or getting to make a powerful skyscraper. Gardens were definitely nothing like what he had envisioned. And even though he was truly a supporter of Rath, he did not agree with the man this time.

"Mate, please stop it. You're just being stupid right now. Gardens work out well on this planet. On some other one, we can make a starport. One a third one, maybe a palace. Right now, we have to focus on what is best for this world."

"You. You have to focus what is the best for this world. Maybe I don't want to work with you on this case."

"Look, Taegan, as much as I love you and your opinion, you are not going to be left out of this, whether you want it or not," Rath spoke, bumping his assistant's shoulder. The two had been friends for a while, not just since the beginning of the project. They had met long before university -- that is, before both of them got really intelligent and extremely arrogant. "We need to go to the leaders of this planet first. Talk to them, have a tea or something. And then make a garden."

"That's very gay," Taegan joked.

Rath didn't reply to that verbally, instead he just slashed the man's head with an open hand as a friendly joking response.

"Let's get to work."

Objective: Stayin' alive
Allies: Galactic Alliance, [member="Arieth zh'Vranthi"] [member="Kahne Porte"], Rogue Squadron: [member="Alexandra Russo"] | [member="Asmus Janes"] | [member="Cal Sedaire"] | [member="Vale Endriss"] | [member="Choli Vyn"]
Enemies: Zegg Brimhold

"Turn on the videolink." Brimhold commanded, before extending his hand towards Zonia. Another prisoner lifted her up by the shoulders and pushed over to Zegg. She was then pulled to sit on his lap, while her wrists were pulled back further to subdue her into obedience. A wicked smile crossed Zegg's coarse features.

"Aren't you a feisty little creature." he whispered to her and gave the sign to initiate the transmission to both GA headquarters and Hanna City Defense Force. Laying back in captain's chair, the dark man voiced his demands.

"Hello there, my friends." he greeted "I'm Zegg Brimhold, your worst nightmare. But you already know this, I suppose. Nosy as you are."
A short pause ensued.

"I want ten million credits, in cash." he said, with a psychotic smile - "And an unmarked ship, equipped with a cloaking device."
Brimhold's attention turned to Zonia, his chapped hand gently caressing the side of her cheek.
"If you want this flower returned...unplucked."
His finger was pressed against her lips, before turning back to face the screen.
"You have two hours. Impress me."

Suddenly, Zonia rose from his lap and thrusted her forehead forwards, aiming directly for Zegg's nose. Bone smashed into cartilage, blood squirting from his nostril.
"Do not listen to him!" Kalranoos shouted, using the opportunity as Brimhold had bent down from the impact - "He will kill me, either way! I repeat, do not fulfill his demands!"

"Gorram schutta." Zegg growled and grabbed Zonia by the neck - the last image both the Alliance and Hanna City defense force would see before the videolink was terminated.

Objective: Escape and stay alive
Allies: [member="Zonia Kalranoos"]
Enemies: Zegg and company

The durasteel cell door's slit was opened in such a arrogant fashion that the metal on metal clank echoed through out the prison cell and down the corridor. Logen opened a single tired eye, to see the all to familiar face of a rodian, his bulbous eyes staring back at him. The corellian smuggler, who at this moment in time a prisoner of Zegg, didn't even bother to lift himself up from his slab like bed. "Miss me already Jodar?" Logen voice was seductive and sarcastic at the same time " I always knew you couldn't resist my ruggedly hansom looks!"his nose slightly twitching at the pungent musky aroma of the rodian that waffed into his cell.

"Vee bu na yoka, Logen Brunner!" Jodar retorted back in huttese.

"Oh am I the Joker? Every fifteen minutes your looking in on me.... makes a guy wonder now!"

"Jee ritke bacaka cohou uba mah tam baopah, Ha ha ha!" The rodian chuckled, slightly standing upwards to give Logen a view of a an old leather jacket.

Keep laughing chuckles, Logen thought to himself as he kept a cocky grin on his face while thumbing a shank he had made from a toothbrush, that he had in his pocket. The sight of his Lucky Jacket, made of corellian nerf hide leather, was one of three objects he loved in his life and seeing the Rodian wearing it got to him. He visualized the homemade weapon puncturing the green reptilian like humanoid's throat over and over. Such a thought was enough to keep the smuggler grounded and hopeful. It was the simple things in life that one had to live for, even if it was violence.

"See, you can't tell me that is some form of romance. You wearing my jacket and all!" Logen wittily sniped back.

"Tee tytung Jee chamy see mee, Uematky!" Jodar's grin grew bigger as he un holstered a relic heavy blaster pistol. Be more precise, it was a modified DL-44 blaster pistol that belonged to, you guessed it, Logen.

OOHHHh you one dead bug faced critter, Once again he cursed inwardly still trying hard to keep cool calm appearance complete with his scoundrely grin. It wasn't time to strike yet, though it seemed if he was going to make an attempt today was going to be the day. He could hear the action going on and from observation in the lack of guards present, its more of a all hands on deck kind of deal. What ever was going on, it was the best chance the Corellian had. Now just to be patient a little longer. He new that Zegg was going to make an example of him. Botching a gun shipment was costly to the terrorist, so Logen knew that his death was going to be poetic, brutal and slow. Just as much as the bastard promised.

Jodar closed the slit and walked away, laughing obnoxiously as he continued his rounds.

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
Objective: Seek and destroy terrorist prison ship & Combat Air Patrol
Allies: GA/Rogue Squadron
Enemies: NPC Zegg Brimhold & Sith fleet
Sitrep: One Flight Leader - [member="Alexandra Russo"] 1, Two Flight Leader - [member="Asmus Janes"] 9; [member="Choli Vyn"] 7, [member="Tela Uolmi"] 3, [member="Devyn Lynton"] 17, [member="Vale Endriss"] 8 & [member="Cal Sedaire"]
(2)
---

When Alleycat got the narrow beam contact from a lone fighter and Rusty confirmed it, she keyed the squadron. [ Rogues, One here… Mark that incoming E-wing as friendly. ] Russo said over the squadron comm channel, then flipped over to the general one and greeted the newcomer.

[ Welcome, Sedaire. Glad you could join us. We may be needing all the help we can get here shortly. ] she stated. Things were changing rapidly and from what Rogue Leader could tell the situation was going to get a whole lot messier soon from the communiqué that had just come in.

[ Here's the sitrep… There is a GA hostage apparently aboard that stolen prison ship along with the prisoners. Also, long range scans are showing an unknown fleet possible coming our way too, but… they aren't here yet so lets see what we can do to force the ship to surrender. All flights on me. ]

With that said, the Commander snap rolled her X-wing and set an intercept course for the prison ship.

[ Looks like the ship has an escort. One Flight go high, Two Flight low. Let's nail em quickly. Show them we mean business. ]

[member="Logen Brunner"] [member="Zonia Kalranoos"]

Post 1 of 20
Air Objective B: Sith Interdiction Fleet Incoming
Location: Ruisto-class Exploration Vessel Epistellar Jovian (Corellia Digital Fleet)

Well, this was embarassing.

Coming back for a hyperlane survey and the boy was apparently on the wrong side of a Sith fleet movement.

This whole Galactic Alliance-Sith War was really a pain in the profit margin. But, credits were hardly the only thing on the young Anzat's mind. There was [member="Julius Sedaire"]'s rabble rousing Corellian League and still a Hutt-ton of work to be done on Coruscant besides. In fact, the whole reason for conducting the hyperlane survey had been to verify the integrity of HoloNet transmissions between Druckenwell and Coruscant so that he could shift some funding from Corell Financial's liquid assets to help finance the current contracts and operations taking place in reconstructing the telecommunications infrastructure around Coruscant.

In many respects, it was a good test run for when they'd be doing this in the Corellian System.

If they ever did this in the Corellia System.

But what good was the Galactic Alliance's war with the Sith if Corellia was never free?

Okay, so there were LOTS of worlds that needed to be free of the Sith. He wasn't gonna lie. He was totally biased about his feelings toward Corellia. Not that Corellia needed the Galactic Alliance. Corellians did just fine by themselves, thank you very much. But with Corellia in pieces... there was a lot of good that could come from liberating the system to allow SIlver Cross United into the system. Just to name one of many non-governmental organizations that could offer a lot of healing for the much afflicted Five Brothers.

...in the meantime, he was stuck outside of Chandrila with a flurry of sensor ghosts popping up along the One Sith border on the other side of the sector.

Devyn Lynton

D
[ 06 ]
Objective Whereever Rogues Are
One Flight Leader - [member="Alexandra Russo"] 1, Two Flight Leader - [member="Asmus Janes"] 9; [member="Choli Vyn"] 7, [member="Tela Uolmi"] 3, Devyn Lynton 17, [member="Vale Endriss"] 8 & [member="Cal Sedaire"]

Many people were getting promotions and everything these days, being promoted to squadron leaders or flight leaders or whatever. Devyn, however, still managed to screw up every time there was a Rogue mission. In all honesty, he was surprised he hadn't been dismissed from service for his poor abilities at showing up at the right time or doing what was asked from him.

He just hoped he wouldn't have to escort an evacuation ship this time. He wanted to finally be the Rogue he had been hired to be -- go pew pew and shoot down a ship or something.

Oh kark, which flight was Devyn in? Flight Two, right? Had to be. Since he was Seventeen. Or something. Oh kark, he didn't know anything.

Just to be sure, he decided to go low, like Two Flight were commanded. Yes, that sounded about right. Guess he was finally doing something right. And even that was still a maybe. He had no idea if he was actually doing anything right.

All he knew was that he was going at the ship and its escort low, trying to do stuff. Like, destroying stuff. Soon.

Rath Daagh

R
[ 07 ]
Bring Your Own Objective

What Rath hadn't taken into account was the fact that the planet was currently in trouble and its leaders were busy handling the security matters of the planet. There was no time for planetary development. That could only mean one of the two things -- Rath would either have to use up a huge amount of the project funding and purchase some real estate for the Galactic Alliance to place that garden on or he would have to wait until the end of the problems the planet faced.

Both were terrible options, but he had to pick one. And he had to note, buying some land was definitely more up in his alley. Not that he had anything against waiting a little bit. Just... he didn't feel like waiting would do any good this time.

"Taeg," Rath spoke to his friend, using the nickname that had stuck with him since the two first met, "I think we will have to do something really stupid. It is just a temporary thing, but very stupid nonetheless."

"What is that?"

"Uh, I think we will have to buy the land. Using our project's money an-..."

"You're right. This is a very stupid thing. Never do that," Taegan was against the idea. He was the more financial half of the duo; he knew where to place money and how exactly to do it. Yeah, he didn't have much of a say in the crazy ideas Rath had, but when it came to using the project funding, he surely was more clever.

"We have to."

"No, we don't."

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
Allies: Galactic Alliance and friends
Enemies: Terrorists
Objective: Defuse the bombs

"We may have killed, or maybe just incapacitated, the terrorists carrying the charges but the charges themselves are still intact" the Jawa sniper told Ugohr.

"Sappers, here's yoursa chance to defuse da boomas on location" Ugohr told the sappers present in the main agricultural facility over comm.

"Roger" the sapper told Ugohr.

Ugohr was nervously watching the whole scene in the Force while the line infantry provided for Ugohr's retreat from the main lobby, where the smashed doors hopefully caused little collateral damage that may have resulted in the deaths of people. To be fair, he did smash the door open with artillery. He is praying that the sappers succeed as they attempt to defuse the explosives, at all three locations. By now the other two locations were much more advanced in their attempts of defusing the explosives. The Army of Malastare, while coming in too late to prevent the explosives from being planted, may still have a chance to accomplish what they are deployed for. 800 men, deployed all across Chandrila for defusing the bombs, and secure the three facilities. Would they also lure other terrorists towards their positions? Only time would tell.

[member="Kira Vaal"] [member="Vale Endriss"]

Rath Daagh

R
[ 08 ]
Bring Your Own Objective

"You are still not in charge of our finances," Rath spoke. "I should not ask for your opinion at all."

"Dude, stop it. We're gonna do what we can until the leaders are no longer busy with whatever they were busy with anyway," Taegan spoke. "You gotta chill a lil' bit. We won't run out of any time, we won't be late, we won't be doing a horrible job. We just gotta wait."

The two men looked ahead at the potent landscape, both sighing.

"We could still raise some monuments or something," Teagan wouldn't stop dreaming about what he wanted to do with the planet.

"No. Monuments."

The two were not the only people involved with the project. Practically any member of the Alliance was free to jump into the group, present their ideas, maybe even lead a smaller side project of the Galactic Alliance Planetary Development Project. Just the leader and his assistant, as well as the financial and technical counselors restricted the too out of range ideas project members had.

They had limited funding, of course, and even the Galactic Alliance wasn't a pot of gold which never ran out of money. That meant the project couldn't just spend all the money on something stupid.

But they were hopeful. Maybe one day the project would turn out to be the greatest thing in the galaxy. Nobody could tell what it was going to be like yet.

Progflaw99

Objective: 1. Meet with the Chief Security Officer of Hanna City, Dalen Myrhold and Protect the city from terrorist attacks.
In Vicinity: [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Armis Vindex"]

Security Officer Davos led them through the streets, his eyes never seeming to stop moving, head on a swivel. For being such a nervous man, he at least used it to his advantage. As he began to pick up speed, coming to a fast walk, he addressed the questions posed to him by one of the Jedi.

"Last manifest says close to one thousand, the ship wasn't at full capacity, but it was pretty close. We're one of the last stops on a string of planets before they head to the penal colonies."

As he turned down another street, the man collided with a small boy. Hastily the Jedi helped the child recover the dropped items, Officer Davos looking about as his hand rested once more on his blaster. He was practically shaking with energy. He hoped this didn't take long, he wanted to get back to the safety of the rotunda. He'd known some of the criminals they'd taken, and he didn't want to be anywhere near them when they descended upon the city, in fact he surmised they were already in the city. As if to affirm his suspicious, the other Jedi as he stated that the market had been attacked. Now he was agitated to the point his hands were shaking. He turned once more to the Jedi who'd asked him the question before.

"We have around 500 sworn officers, though a good 100 or so are on leave at any given time. I believe our last roll call at the beginning of this ordeal was somewhere around 400. They're mostly holed down in their precincts, we're not equipped for something like this. Sure we've got riot gear, but these are full blown criminals we're talking about."

The officer had gotten more agitated as he spoke. They were nearing the rotunda, its rounded dome poking up above the main skyline before them. The rotunda sat amidst a lawn, open space leading up to the stairs themselves, no buidlings within at least one hundred meters in each direction. It was planted squarely in the center of a giant nature park. As they got into open ground, the security officer once more picked up the pace, this time to a slow jog. He reached briefly down to a com-link on his belt, speaking into it.

"Officer Davos, approaching from the western end of the park. I've got friendlies in tow. Here to meet Dalen."

As they climbed the stairs, a man stood above them. Immediately it was evident that _this_ was the boss. As the entourage approached, he lifted a hand in greeting. The man stood of average height, his figure imposing. He commanded a sense of respect about him. Officer Davos nodded as he introduced the party behind him. With a return nod, the Chief of Security send Officer Davos scurrying on his way back into the rotunda. Looking back at the group, he forced a smile.

"Sure is good to see you folks, I wasn't sure what I'd gotten myself into here, and it appears the situation is only getting worse. I'll give you the sit-rep here, we've got people watching out for us..." He jerked a thumb up to the roof of the rotunda building. Atop the parapets, soldiers with binoculars could be seen, gazing in every direction, just as many carrying a variety of long range rifles. "...and besides, it's a rat race in there." He finished, nodding at the entrance to the rotunda. The man pulled out a large datapad, a holographic display projecting into the air. He pointed at several locations as he spoke.

"Here..." He said, pointing at the three major agricultural facilities. "...are the Agri-Corp facilities, we've got reports of terrorists taking over several admin buildings, according to our sensors and overheard radio traffic, the Alliance has tanks at all facilities..." He hesitated, a look of concern spreading across his features. "...and we've been told there are hostages. It also sounds like one of yours might have been captured and brought out here aboard Zegg Brimhold's liberated prison barge. Not much we have down here that we can do, our fighter squadrons are mostly for show, sadly." He zoomed out, bringing up a display of the small asteroid field displaying where the barge was suspected to be as he spoke. Then making a few more adjustments he continued, zooming back in, to the planet's surface a ways out of the city.

"And this... this is the root of most of our problems here." he said stabbing at the air with his finger. "Darth Skuggsa, or at least that's what he's calling himself. He overwhelmed a few of my boys here, I was out doing the rounds of the local precincts. They're all alive, but they're hurt pretty bad. They're at Hanna General, down the road from here. He's kidnapped eight of our local leaders, was ranting about a sacrifice. I believe he used the word "Force Nexus" whatever that is." He paused once more. Nodding at the smoke in the distance, he continued. "Out there, the precincts are doing their best, but they're mostly holed up in the offices, heard the escaped convicts are doing a number, burning buildings, hurting civilians. We just don't have the manpower to combat this." He shook his head, waiting patiently for the Jedi to process the vast amount of information he was throwing at them.

---------------

Objective: 2. Rescue and Capture the hostages and the Self Proclamed, Darth Skuggsa from the Crystal Canyons.
Location: Several Kilometers outside of Hanna City, Crystal Caverns
In Vicinity: [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Liliane Lancaster"]

The two initiates stood on the far side of the loosely hanging rope bridge that traversed the empty space above the large underground canyon. In truth, there were many, but this was the only way across if you didn't have a grappling hook or some other means of crossing the deep gash beneath the earth. Farther on were a network of bridges, leading to another exit that sprouted up near the edge of the city, but the caverns were much longer in that direction. Silently, as if on queue they turned, heading back the way their master had led the hostages, into a small circular cave. In the center was a table, but this table was not made of ordinary wood or stone. It was a large chunk of blue glowing crystal, clear like glass. Into it's surface were carved grooves leading down towards its base, directly into 8 bronze vases, all etched with strange runes and markings. Along the exterior of the room, crystal structures protruded at odd angles throughout the room. Evenly spaced around it's circumference were the 8 prisoners, bound by hand and foot, now forced into a kneeling position by Darth Skuggsa. Each one had been marked, a small dagger used by the Sith stained, their left cheek all bearing a singular line of beading blood.

It started as a low chant, the Sith master circling the room. As he completed his first circuit, he began to chant louder, the two initiates now standing at the entrance, their voices joining his. This would take some time... but the ritual had begun in earnest.

---------------

Objective: 3. Locate & Disable bombs located at Three key Agricultural Facilities on the outskirts of Hanna City
4. Prevent/Protect/Capture further chaos in the City of Hanna City by any means, including the capture of Galdur Smok who coordinates the terrorist ground forces.
In Vicinity: [member="Ugohr Poof"] | [member="Kira Vaal"]

What had happened next was a blur of motion and actions, and afterwards... no one really knew in what exact order things had played out, but at that point, it didn't really matter. Galdur Smok had just finished giving his men a few commands, and he'd turned. He thought for a fraction of a second he could sense something, the hairs on his neck tingling, standing on end. It was just like him, they always said that cats had nine lives, and Galdur Smok fashioned himself a cat, always slinking away, always pouncing when opportunity struck. He'd been stabbed, shanked, and maimed more than once, but always he'd come back, seemingly from the dead. This time he wasn't sure. As his eyes opened, he didn't truly know where he was and that incessant ringing noise... what was that?

An earth shattering rumble had filled the limited confines of the agricultural admin building's lobby as a laser cannon's projectile slammed through the front doors, terminating itself in a marble pillar in the center of the small circular lobby. It was a small whistle he'd heard, but hadn't had time to react as the explosion ripped through the air. The initial contact had sent shards of super-heated marble flying, cutting through the air. As the initial shockwave of the explosion hit, many of the civilian hostages were thrown to the ground, saving them from the immediate expulsion of marble, but there were those who hadn't. The unlucky ones were torn apart by the marble, shards cutting through their soft bodies as all the air was expelled from their lungs. The ones on the ground coughed as dust was thrown into the air by the blast, obscuring any exterior view of the lobby. Galdur Smok, who had been standing on the other side of the pillar was thrown against the back wall, the air in his lungs being forced out, a sickening crack coming from his ribs as his limp body fell to the floor. Almost immediately the groans began. Because of the explosion, everyone's lungs had been forcefully emptied of air, and now they were trying desperately to breath. Had the explosives still been in the lobby, there may not have been anything left at all...

Outside, the knife wielding convict who'd been on his way to the shuttle had seen the flash of light near the horizon and heard the resounding boom as the round had crashed into the lobby of the building. He'd sprinted the remaining distance to where the shuttle was, jumping into the pilot's chair as if his life depended on it, and rightly so. Keying up his mic on the console, he spoke rapidly, informing Zegg Brimhold of their situation. The shuttle, luckily for him, was hidden behind other buildings and machinery, he was safe... for now.

The three men who'd taken the large bags of explosives out back had felt the explosion through the building, the large boom a clue as to what had just happened. Almost simultaneously, the man behind the first felt a wet spray on his face as he looked backwards towards the building. Looking back forward he brought his hand to his face... and then he stopped. The lead man had been hit... really hit... in horror, he wiped at his face, unsure of what to do. His eyes traced his surroundings, looking dumbly for where the shot had come from. The third man in the small stack had been able to gather his wits quickly, he must have been accustomed to the life of crime, because without hesitation he snatched the fallen bags of explosives from where they'd fallen and dashed back inside the building. It was a fortunate thing too, because it was then that the 2nd man's body fell to the ground, just as lifeless as the first. As man number 3 entered the building, the mess inside assaulted his senses. Marble dust burned his lungs and eyes and forced him to pause in the hallway on his way back to the lobby. He stumbled down the hallway to find a horrific scene of gore as a several shredded bodies lay on the floor, fragments of the durasteel doors lay scattered about. He looked back out of the now gaping hole in the building's entrance, his eyes wide. Quickly, he dashed behind the front reception desk, seeing Galdur Smok just propping himself up, his back against the wall below its edge.

Galdur hadn't anticipated that... even criminals had their limits, but firing into a lobby full of hostages? That was even bold by Alliance standards. As he peeked his head around the side of the reception desk, he saw the viscera and the wounded as they struggled beneath some rubble. Nervously he eyed the bags of explosives that the man had set down behind the desk with them. He hoped they didn't continue shelling them, or else this party was really about to get started. Snarling, he forced himself up, slugthrower surprisingly still in hand as he walked over to where a businesswoman lay struggling to get herself to her feet was quickly slipping off her business jacket. Grabbing her by the hair, he mercilessly brought her to her feet and pushed her behind the desk, ducking low himself as he sneered.

"You best stay right here, or else you'll get a slug between the eyes, you understand?"

His demeanor had changed. Rightfully so as he was now in a much more precarious situation. He waved the barrel of the slugthrower for the woman to stand, her body above her waist would be visible through the shattered doors. He hoped they saw that they were still alive. Maybe they wouldn't fire now that they knew there were still civilians alive. Several other henchmen appeared from other rooms in the building, staying out of line of sight of the doors but collecting the hostages who hadn't been killed in the initial blast. He hoped the transmission to Zegg Brimhold would explain what had happened... there was no way he'd let that go, firing on their own civilians? That he'd make sure went public.

---------------

Objective: A. Seek and Destroy the terrorist crewed prison ship commanded by Zegg Brimhold.
B. Be Vigilant A Sith interdiction fleet has been detected in space near Chandrila.
Location: Large Asteroid cluster, just outside the orbit of Chandrila
In Vicinity: [member="Alexandra Russo"] | [member="Asmus Janes"] | [member="Cal Sedaire"] | [member="Choli Vyn"] | [member="Logen Brunner"] | [member="Devyn Lynton"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

The Z-95's had begun to form up, streaking towards the radar blips of Rogue Squadron. Four of the fighters went high, Z-1 through Z-4, their counterparts, Z-5 through Z-8 going low, each forming a small diamond formation as they attempted to intercept the X-Wings. Before they even got within firing distance, the beams began lighting up space, their blasters filling the distance with bright red beams. Rogue squadron would have to react fast. As the Headhunters began to approach, a large signature of hyperspace entries popped up on their HUD's on the far side of Chandrilla, screaming towards the small outcropping of asteroids. There were at least three larger signatures, two of similar structure and one larger. A full squadron's worth of fighter signatures began popping up on sensors as they deployed from the hangar bays of the larger ship. As they came closer, several shuttles began deploying to the surface near the outskirts of Hanna City... streaking towards the planet's surface. It appeared the Sith had also received the plea for help, and they too intended on restoring order... Things were about to get interesting.

5/20 (25)

Post 2 of 20
Air Objective B: Sith Interdiction Fleet Incoming
Location: Ruisto-class Exploration Vessel Epistellar Jovian (Corellia Digital Fleet)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

The young Anzat had gone below, curled up atop the thin mattress that served as a stateroom bunk on the explorer frigate. A copy of A Tale of Two Planets, Cardan Dlamard's classic novel about the Kingdoms of Talus and Tralus, propped up in his lap as he wound down from the day and still tried to ward off sleep. Life aboard a starship could become a dull routine, time spent in transit a veritable groundhog day, but he found that reading helped to keep his mind active.

"General Xantha, please contact the bridge."

A thing about having led an army. No one, today, called you 'general' unless some serious chit was about to go down. It was the Jedi Knight equivalent to when you were a youngling and your parents called you by your full name.

"General Xantha, please contact the bri..."

Switching off the datapad reader, the boy tossed the book onto the nightstand and tapped the intercom recessed into the edge of the table. "Bridge, Xantha, report."

When had he started speaking like he was in the Republic Navy? Feth, the experience of the Clone Wars was like muscle memory every time a shadow jumped along the wall.

"Sir, we have a possible hostile fire zone. Z-95 Headhunters appear to be engaging several X-Wing class fighters."

...ah CHIT. They jump into the Chandrila System to avoid a Sith border patrol and run straight into the Galactic Alliance kicking up the dust. And on the One Sith border no less.

He didn't know whether he was too old for this sort of thing, or too young, but it was definitely one or the other. And, right now, it kinda felt like both. "Have X-Nav plot a course toward Quenus. Keep us away from the firefight... I'm on my way."

Throwing his legs over the side of the bunk, the child slipped his feet down into the pair of Selonian half-boots that were propped up against the edge of the bunk. Grabbing the gunbelt that was hung up by the door, the child was out into the corridor even as he continued to get himself dressed. Crossing to the lift and arriving at the bridge was a short walk. All told, three minutes. Not much that could have gone wrong.

Even still, as the boy walked through the open doors into the pilot house, he started to ask, "Any chan..."

"New contacts!"

The sensor technician, a shaggy haired kid he'd recruited from out of the Levantine Academy, was shouting from the side of the bridge. "They came into the system straight out of hyperspace. No early warning."

So they were coming in hot. And that usually implied guns blazing. "Identification?"

...more Galactic Alliance chit-kickers? He hoped.

"Sith. Two of them. Ardent-cla..."

"Action stations."

The command was immediate.

The response... not so much.

This wasn't a Republic Navy cruiser. This wasn't the Clone Wars. And he wasn't a General anymore. He was a kid who owned a hologame company, which also dabbled in interstellar communications.

All things being equal - and they weren't - he wasn't going to hold his breath that the Sith were going to just not shoot at the Levantine Sanctum vessel just because it now bore corporate sponsor logos.

"Action stations, NOW!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvC99_mQIAw​

Arieth zh'Vranthi

Galactic Alliance Ambassador
Objective 4: Prevent/Protect/Capture further chaos in the City of Hanna City by any means, including the capture of Galdur Smokwho coordinates the terrorist ground forces.
[member="Gideon Raith"] [member="Tobias Wrynn"] [member="Zonia Kalranoos"]
| 4 |

The feed cut, leaving Ambassador zh'Vranthi stoic amidst the conference room of Alliance officials. They all knew what the guidelines were. They did not negotiate with terrorists.

However, that didn't mean that the Alliance would only stand by and not go after one of their own.

"Get me the Commander. I need a special unit to go in for an extraction."

And a neutralization...

"Aye, ma'am."

There were few that would be called upon for such a delicate objective. However, two in particular, would hear word that Ambassador zh'Vranthi wanted an audience immediately.

Objective: Meet With Chief Myrhold
Allies:Galactic Alliance/ [member="Armis Vindex"] [member="Zonia Kalranoos"] [member="Gideon Raith"] [member="Arieth zh'Vranthi"]
Enemies:Zegg
{3}

"That's quite a lot of prisoners." The Jedi said with a rather grim expression, however his spirits and hope were not defeated. Thus, Kahne was able to receive the image and video feed that was going about from the captured Alliance personnel. "Well they aren't asking for a whole lot are they, Kahne shook his head. Unfortunately, there wasn't a whole lot Kahne could do from down here. Luckily the Alliance had such persons capable of engaging and infiltrating.

He knew there wasn't much that they could do to let her know that she wasn't forgotten, and that she would be rescued. One way or another hope would prevail out this day, as he knew it would.

Kahne glanced around the area as they passed and he nodded his head. "My team and I will support your local officers so we can retake these streets. We cannot stop until order has been restored. I will do my utmost best to help you."

There was a big fight ahead of them...

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
Allies: [member="Kira Vaal"]
Enemies: Terrorists
Objective: Defuse the bombs

"Theysa got theirsa dose of surprise: theysa not suspecten dat a Jedi Brute would fire a tank round at da lobby"

"Surprised, but not subtle in the slightest"

"Now, line infantry, charge inside da building and looky for thosa thugs!"

"Roger"

The line infantry that was assigned to cover the tank's retreat in its hit-and-run attack began to rush inside the building in search for the thugs, and, as before, they seemed to prioritize the thugs carrying explosives. Looks like the sappers and its crew got two thugs carrying bags of explosives out of three: only one remains and is in the lobby. Now they shall fear the Jedi Brutes... or so he would say. He acted as one would expect out of a Jedi Brute artillerist, but marble dust would affect line infantry the same way they would thugs, hostages. Unless they had rebreathers in which case it would reduce the discomfort they would feel. Ugohr didn't have one so he didn't get out of the tank. But perhaps that particular display of brutality was one of the reasons why even Jedi Brutes were reluctant to become artillerists or grenadiers. They were combat roles that involved collateral damage. Even so, snipers were considered more attractive from a Jedi standpoint. Galdur Smok would perhaps think that a Sith Lord rival to Darth Skuggsa have led the attack: possible names he could drum up may or may not begin with a C.

[member="Vale Endriss"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom