Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Basics

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Aldeeran
Cadera-Feanor-Corek Estate
Noah's Workshop

Noah scratched the top of his head as he hammered away in his workshop, well more like drawed away as he was currently working on a blueprint for a weapon he was planning on making. This is what the last few days had been like in the Cadera-Feanor-Corek home after the news of Yasha's pregnancy had been announced. They had all been nervous of course as she had been barely out of the woods from her battle on Mandalore but Asha and Theo had placated their fears with their medical expertise.

Noah was however still a nervous wreck and did what he always did when he was nervous, he retreated into his work and began hammering out a few new prototypes for his company and a few prototypes of personal weapons for himself, most of which would be piled next to a pile of similar projects that had been collected from the various times in the past things like this had happened. Little did Noah know that one of his other children, Gaia Sunaris Cadera Gaia Sunaris Cadera , was about to come to her father asking for something he would be more than willing to help her with.

Beth had been thinking. Which may or may not have been a good thing, in truth.

Sometimes the young woman had good ideas, sometimes not so much. Nonetheless, dressed in a light green spring dress, and her hair tied with a bow and bangs flowing, she skipped through the Cadera-Feanor-Corek estate. Gosh, why did they have to have such a long name... Couldn't they like, drop one or two or something.

Either way, that wasn't quite the purpose of her hunting down her father, Noah Corek Noah Corek . He was likely in his workshop, considering mom was pregnant with miracle babies (how many siblings was going to be added to her family line? She could barely keep up...) Her other mom was off... Somewhere, she wasn't really sure. Quiet, bare feet as she stopped in front of the door to the workshop. Hopefully he wasn't too busy. Or at least perhaps she could set up a time for them to talk later.

She slowly opened the door, peering her head into the workshop with her feline ears fully perked - and easily catching the sounds from the room. "Dad? Do you have a moment?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
If asked about their long family name Noah would always spout off a sentence about him and his wives being equal partners in their marriage but this was mostly just to appease Yasha and Alex, he himself would have preferred if they had all just decided on who was going to take who's name so he didn't get weird looks when he gave his legal full family name...but that was neither here nor there at the moment as he heard the door open.

Quickly swiveling in his chair Noah's face broke out in a large smile as he was treated to the sight of his eldest daughter, Gaia Sunaris Cadera Gaia Sunaris Cadera . "Of course Beth'ika. I always have time for my daughter." He quickly reached and rolled up the blueprints he had been working on, storing them away in a small filing cabinet next to his workbench, wanting to give his daughter his full and undivided attention. A thought popped into his head and he swiveled back towards her while pulling out another stool for her. "Your mothers aren't looking for me...are they?"

Beth grinned big at Noah Corek Noah Corek 's response. Whew, good. He wasn't busy! And that statement may come back to bite him. Either way, though, she was content with his reply. She slipped through the door, gently closing it as she walked over to his workbench. "Thank you," she said sheepishly as she made her way across the room. Truthfully, she was sure Noah would be fine teaching her what she was going to request. The Mando side of the family made sure she knew how to defend herself and a little bit of combat. But in truth, she mostly used the Force and had never even been in a real violent conflict.

She perked a brow, one ear twitching slightly as she slipped onto the tool. Her hands reach to the back of the stool, gripping onto it as a form of support as she leaned backwards. "Whatcha workin' on?" Beth perked a brow as her eyes glanced to the filing cabinet before she turned her attention back to him. "What? No, they aren't. I don't think so, at least." They hadn't asked her, at least. She grinned playfully, "You're in the clear. I just had a question for you."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
It was when Beth grinned that Noah realized that his statement of always having time for her might come back to bite him in the shebs later on down the road, but it wasn't later on down the road it was the present and for now that statement rung true. He chuckled when she sheepishly thanked him and shook his head before grinning at her. "Beth, your my daughter you don't have to thank me for making time for you, that's kinda what I signed up for." As she sat Noah reached over and opened a small refrig on his workbench filled with a wide assortment of snacks and drinks. "Hungry or thirsty?"

When she leaned back in the stool Noah had to admit to himself that he tensed somewhat, he knew that she wasn't a child anymore but she was still HIS child and even the simplest of dangers such as her leaning back in a backless stool made him worry. His eyes followed hers to the filing cabinet and he simply shrugged. "Just some blueprints for my company, mundane things that someone your age would be bored with."

He let out a breath that he hadn't know he had been holding when she mentioned that her mothers weren't looking for him. "Good...I know how they get when I have been cooped up in here for too long." An eyebrow was raised when she mentioned asking him a question and he nodded, somewhat hesitantly. "Also as it's not about what me and your mothers get up to in our private time, sure, shoot."

"Well, I knowww, but I know you're really busy and stuff." Beth replied with a smile as she let her legs sway back and forth. "Plus with mom..." Her voice trailed off as she shook her head. Leaning forward, she put her hands on her legs and gave a quick nod. "I'd love a drink," she said with a smile. "Soda, please!"

Beth was young, but she was a growing woman. At 18, she was technically an adult. But she knew she had more growing to do, which is one reason why she tried to learn as much as she could from her dad, and her mothers. "Maybe, but I'd love to understand them someday!" She said with a little smile.

She cracked a grin, laughing at his comment. "I'll not tell them you said that," she said with a smirk. "They've been pretty busy, too," she said after a few moments.

She perked a brow at Noah Corek Noah Corek 's joke, "I wouldn't think about it," she said somewhat flatly before taking a deep breath. "Well, shooting is a good segway. So, I know you guys have taught me well in terms of self defense, and beating someone off of me, and pinching nerves and stuff. But I was hoping to learn about actually shooting a gun? I have shot some, but never really trained at all with it," She admitted somewhat sheepishly. Some Mando she was... But granted, she didn't really fit a Mando stereotype anyway.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah reached across the gap between the two of them and ruffled Beth's hair. "Like I said Beth'ika, no matter how busy I am I will always have time for my ad'ika." He chuckled and then reached to brush his hair back when she mentioned Yasha. "Yeah...that was a shock to say the least, a happy one but still a shock." He smiled at her request and reached into the refrig and grabbed a can of soda, plopping it down on the workbench in front of her as well as grabbing on for himself, her tended not to drink in front of the kids, bad habits and such.

He smiled at her and nodded about her seeming interest in his business. "Maybe one day I'll teach you about it. My mother was a big believer in one being able to maintain and even make their own weapons and passed that on to me, little did I know at the time I'd turn it into a living." He reached across and patted her knee in response to her smile.

He shivered at the mentioning of keeping his comments about her mothers a secret. "Yeah, I've fought in about half a dozen wars and even then the scariest things I've ever faced is your mothers angry. One at a time I can deal with but both? Eesh."

He rubbed the bridge of her nose at her reaction to his joke and shook his head. "Sorry, Junior was asking some very...personal questions about me and your mothers and babies and...well you get the picture." He leaned back on the stool at her words and rubbed his chin in thought. "I don't see a problem with teaching you about shooting though I would be remiss if I didn't I say find this intriguing. You never seemed to be interested in learning to shoot before. Fighting with a blade or your hands? Sure. Shooting? No so much. What changed your mind?"

Gaia Sunaris Cadera Gaia Sunaris Cadera

Beth smiled, although quickly went to fix her hair after Noah Corek Noah Corek decided to ruffle it. He said that, but in truth he probably would be too busy one day. And that was fine, even if still. A shock though, was an understatement. More siblings on the way... She wasn't even sure she knew half of her family.

She gave a small nod as Noah spoke about his mother. "Sounds like a smart woman," Beth commented gleefully. Truly, even though Beth was learning more about healing and medicine, it couldn't hurt to dabble in industry - right? Engineering probably wasn't her strong suit...

Beth chuckled at his comment about her mothers and then the explanation to her joke. "I guess he's at that age," she commented with a quiet laugh. But, then asked about why she wanted to learn about shooting. "Well... I think I'm okay close up. Like, I could defend myself. But I probably won't ever be able to actually go offensive and it'd be nice to be able go pewpew if needed." Especially with the way the galaxy was now...

She glanced to him with her mismatched eyes as she gave a little shrug. "I just ask it's quiet so it doesn't hurt my ears," she admitted as she placed her hands over her feline ears.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
He grinned knowing full well that Beth hated having her hair played with but that's why he did it, to annoy and tease his daughter. And she was probably right that one day he would be indeed too busy to spend time with her but for now he wasn't and Noah was the kind of man who definitely preferred to live in the present.

He laughed, grinned and shook his head. "Your grandmother was a smart, strong and fiercely independent woman. She raised me and your aunt and uncle on the mid-levels of Coruscant all on her own...and she was barely your height all the while."

He shook his head at her words about her brother and laughed. "Yeah...I remember when you and Adara got around that age...it was interesting to say the least. The questions you two asked still haunt me to this day." He nodded to her explanation and had to agree that it was a rather good idea, making sure to shore up one's skills in an area they were weak was something he would always support. "Well at least your not trying to kill someone like your brothers..."

When she brought up her concerns about sound he chuckled and reached over to scritch behind her feline ears. "A slugthrower with a suppressor and subsonic rounds will be a quiet as a mouse."

Beth couldn't help but chuckle a little after the rough pat with her hair. Her well-maintained hair that he just ruffled all to pieces... Ah, well, she could fix it pretty easily. A quick couple brushes of her hands fixed it, mostly.

She gave a small nod as he reminisced about her grandmother. Strong, independent, smart. Truly, someone she could only hope to be. She felt like she may have the smart down, but the independent and strong? Beth wasn't quite so sure she had that down at all... But she was young, right? That was an excuse, she guessed. She chuckled at the last bit of his comment. "I think I am probably the shortest person in our family," she muttered with a somewhat defeated sigh.

An other laugh escaped her lips as he mentioned when Adara and her where younger, and had their own questions. She glanced to the ground, briefly hiding her face at the thought. Indeed, she herself had asked some pretty embarrassing questions. Ah, youth...

"No murder from me! Well, at least not intentional." She beamed. The scratch of his hand on her ear made a soft purr escape. "I'm not sure what that means, but yes! That's it!"

Noah Corek Noah Corek

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah chuckled as he watched Beth smooth her hair back down and shook his head. Beth could be his age and even then he could know a way to mess with her, ruffle her hair. Ever since she had first met her when she was ten the easiest way to annoy her was to ruffle her hair, something he hoped to do for a long while as this was the duty of a father.

He let out a laugh at her glumness about her shortness and shook his head with a grin on his face before raising his eyes to meet hers. "Well once the twins are born you won't be the shortest anymore...for a few years." He chuckled at his own joke before standing and stretching his arms over his head to as he observed his workshop, walls lined with weapons on racks, some in various forms of assembly.

He grinned as his eyes settled on the rifle he was looking for. His own
personal rifle, the perfect rifle to train Beth with. Walking over he grabbed it off of the rack and racked the bolt, inspecting the chamber just for safety purposes before walking back over and holding it out towards Beth.

"This is my own personal rifle, finished working on it a few weeks ago to replace my old one. Slugthrower rifled chambered in 7.62x35mm." He grabbed a suppressor he had also finished working on and slipped it on over the barrel before tightening it. "And now using a special type of ammo, it'll be almost silent."

She scowled at Noah Corek Noah Corek 's joke about the twins. Yeah, he was technically right but that still didn't mean he had to point it out like that. She gave a defeated sigh, with a little grin as she shrugged her shoulders a little. "I guess I gotta accept my fate," she admitted.

Gaia peered over, staring at her father intently as he looked over his weapons. Which would he choose? Which would she learn from first?

She watched intently, her tail swaying back and forth as she watched what she probably got herself into. Hoh boy... She blinked at the rather long slugthrower rifle thing. She gave a nervous laugh as she took it into her hands, her eyes observing it closely. "It looks powerful," she commented with an impressed nod - although clearly, her lack of knowledge of guns was showing.

"Silent! Perfect! That is exactly what I need."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
After he handed Gaia he turned around towards his weapons again and picked his pair of custom pistols off the wall as well. "Figure if you're learning how to shoot a rifle you might as well learn how to shoot a pistol as well. Again one of my own personal designs and with a suppressor it'll be just as quiet."

He chuckled at her when she mentioned accepting her fate. "Being short isn't so bad ad'ika. Like I said about your ba'buir, she was shorter than you yet I admire and look up to her even to this day." He smiled as she looked over the rifle, knowing full well that she had no clue what he was talking about but just glad that he was getting to bond with his oldest child.

He reached and ruffled her hair once again, giving a scratch behind one of her ears. Walking away once again he grabbed a few ammo cans, a couple of suppressors, one for the rifle and one for the pistol, before returning to the bench. "Alright, ready?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom