Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Ballad of the Masks

Gwyneira was more than happy to be with Eliz. Just sitting there, in the metal. She wanted to stay with him, be protected by him and protect him herself. She wanted nothing more than to bury herself in his embrace and never leave. Earlier today, she had determined that she was uncared for. Now, she knew someone cared about her. And it meant everything to her.

Alas, they had to return to reality eventually. As they landed at the police station, she reluctantly turned off the music and wordlessly stood up. On her last leg, she was slumped over as the two headed out. Gwyn stuck close to him, but still maintained her lead. When they were stopped and asked about her companion knocking someone out, Gwyneira's genius did it again.

"It was my fault. My back was turned and I thought I heard him pull a blaster. My associate just defended me when I asked through the comlink with no explanation. Simply asking if he had a weapon would have made it go down better."

Well, they believed that explanation actually. Something about stress induced illusions on the field effecting the best of warriors. But as Gwyn and Eliz entered the cell of their old prisoner, Cane Caller sneered, "Oh. You again? You good for nothing witch, I wish you'd burn in chaos for sticking me in here!"

That was it.

That was the final nail in the coffin.

She was through with this.

He was seated across the table in an interrogation room. A single light swung over them as with no hesitation, she acted. Gwyneira tightened her fist the moment those words left his mouth. He immediately gasped for air, grasping at his neck with his cuffed hands as he was elevated above the table.

Her eyes glowed amber with the dark side as she snarled, "I have no more patience for this karabasting bantha poodoo! Tell me what I kriffing want to know, right now, or I will karabasting kill you!"

Barely grasping at life, tears formed in the terrelian's eyes as he rasped an agreement. Gwyneira let go, letting him crash onto the table. Not giving him time to moan in pain, she stomped over to the table and slammed her hands onto it, "Where is this weapon being kept! Tell me, give me the exact coordinates! Or else!"

The base location, spot on the planet, and coordinates tumbled out of his mouth.

Gwyneira hissed, "Now tell me what guards them! And how to stop them!"

Fortress armaments, guard locations and shirts, and lines of defense hurriedly escaped his mouth.

Gwyneira nodded, pushing herself off the table and stalking out, "Hotel." She said to Eliz. She motioned for him follow weakly. Using what little strength she could, she stumbled back into the ship and took off for the inn once Eliz was on board.

She still had the night ahead of her as well.

She wondered if she could survive all of this.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Tags: Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

Once again, it was silence. But a good kind of silence as he sat beside her. He made no move to embrace her or anything of the sort. He just wanted to be around her. Simple, pure. Regardless of what their relationship was going to end up like, she was his friend. And that's all he wanted to be around. And yet, they couldn't stay sitting there forever. Eliz would let out a sigh as she got up, watching her for a moment.

Then, well. It was time. He stood up to follow after her, silent again. He was silent the whole time, really. Walking into the Warden's base. Listening to her explanation on why he punched something. At least, it was good that she had an excuse so she wouldn't get in trouble. But.. What did with Cane. How violent she was, how angry. He still only watched in silence, letting her do as she wanted. This was her show.

But, why did he feel so concerned?

Soon enough, they were on their way back to the hotel. Yet, why did she look so weak? His concern only grew as he followed her on board. So many things needed to be said. But.. How? He mulled over his thoughts, turning his gaze to the floor.

He'd figure it out. He had to.

Gwyneira tumbled into the hotel. She bumped into a table and didn't even react as she went straight for the refresher. After relieving herself for the first time in forever, she pulled out a duffle bag and sighed.

She yanked her armor off with shaking hands. The armor fell to the floor, loud and clanging. She then put on tight black shorts, a lithe black shirt, and then pulled a choker around her neck. She slipped some slippers on and clumsily unlocked the door. She was beyond exhausted and still having to bear more as her eyes fixed on the door. She started for the door, unaware of where Eliz even was. Even then, the explanation fell from her dry chapped lips.

"I have a deal to uphold."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

This was the last straw. Eliz had stayed silent throughout the trip back. The walk towards the hotel. Even as she stripped out of her armor. He similarly did the same, thinking over to himself just what he could do to help her. But seeing her step out, dressed like she was going to a party but looking more like she was prepared for misery, he couldn't keep himself back. She walked towards the door, and he did the same.

As the door opened, he immediately reached out to slam it shut. His gaze focused on her as he bared the way, moving to literally stand between her and something she clearly didn't want to do.

"No, you don't. You need to sleep."

Gwyn looked up to Eliz. There was no way she could fight him. Not now. Not when she was over her limit. She slumped, knees visibily shaking. Everything her armor had been able to hide was on full display now. Relentless exhaustion, feelings of being demoted to an animal by her own kind. Thrown around and cast back and forth from one disaster to another. But here, she was safe. Here, she had the man she had called her big strong protector back when they first met.

And she needed his protection again.

She collapsed against him, clinging as tight to him as her frail arms allowed. She had to keep her eyes open a moment more. She needed him.

"As long as you stay with me. Watch over me. And leave my side not. I need you..."

The tears were already falling, she stayed here. Helpless and in the care of the one person she knew cared about her. If only he could stay.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

His expression had hardened in anticipation for some sort of protest from her. They didn't know each other long, bit Eliz knew she was the stubborn sort. She made a promise, and even if she hated it she would do it. But to see her fall apart so weakly, so exhausted physically and mentally.. He made the right choice standing in her way. Everything about him softened the moment she fell against him. His arms came up, wrapping around her in a gentle embrace. One hand soothingly running through her hair.

"You asked md to save you when we first met. What kind of Mandalorian would I be if I went back on a job?" Eliz let himself smile. It wasn't the true meaning to why he waz going to help her, and it was easy enough to hear in his voice that he was trying to tease her with a good memory. With that, he lifted her from the floor, carrying her in his arms towards the same bed she'd slept in when he first arrived and made her sleep.

Wordlessly he tucked her in. Fully tucked her in, like a parent would a child. And without thinking about it, he pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "Sleep now. I'm not leaving you again."

Gwyneira accepted it all, closing her eyes and feeling goosebumps coat her entire body at that kiss. Something clicked. This was different. This was right. When he sat at the edge of the bed, she moved and rested her face against his knee. She reached out from the covers and took his hand. For three long days she had not slept soundly. Now, she felt the most safe she had in her entire life. A lifetime of looking out for herself because no one else had. A lifetime of being walked all over and discarded. It melted away in this sense of serenity. As Eliz gently stroked her hair, she let sleep take her after long last.

She had no idea what these feelings were, but she was going to chase them wildly. Nothing else in her life had ever felt more right.

As she slept, rapidly falling into heavy sleep, she smiled. It was likely the first heartfelt smile Eliz would have ever seen from her.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

There was still an odd stiffness to how Eliz moved, more surprised at how easily she rested against him than anything else. A lack of experience in this, really. He wasn't the type to comfort or be comforted by another. But he didn't shy away. He held the hand Gwyn reached out, squeezing gently. A reminder that he was there, that he had no intention of leaving. Before he knew it, she was asleep. He looked up just to peer around the room randomly, and when he looked back he saw the deep, restful breaths that came with slumber.

She smiled.

That absolutely floored him. The half breed just stared in wonder at something he'd thought he'd seen before. All they had been before were fake or forced smiles. Nothing this genuine. It sealed the deal in his mind. He made the right choice forcing her to stay. Well, not really forced given she didn't try to leave anyway, but still. He brushed his thumb over the back of her hand, letting his own eyes drift closed as he leaned comfortably against the headboard of the bed.

He just had to keep her smiling like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Sleep was short lived. A soft nudge on his arm had his red eyes open immediately. Beside him was Aubin. His ever faithful companion was always there, just hidden from sight. He met the Ursod's gaze. They weren't alone. Eliz frowned slightly as he glanced towards the sleeping Gwyn by his side. Part of him didn't want to get up, but Aubin wouldn't disturb his sleep without good reason. He let out a sigh, leaning over to once again kiss her forehead. Gently enough not to wake her before slipping from the bed.

Then he heard it. Knocking? His eyes scanned towards the door. Someone was here this late? His lips thinned as he reached down to lift up his sniper rifle. Armorless, all he was in was the simplest clothing he had. Pants and a t-shirt. He didn't even have shoes on. This was what he wore underneath all that armor, after all. The door slid open as he leveled his rifle, revealing several familiar people. Worst of all, the Twi'lek. His gaze hardened.

"Oi oi, point that somewhere else kid. You're gonna get someone hurt." The Twi'lek didn't even give him a second thought, instead looking around the room. Then he saw it, his prize. "Was wondering where she went. Heard Cane was all locked up, which means she owes me for my trouble. Was feelin so alone tonight." He laughed. The others with him laughed. Eliz didn't. He kept the gun up, which in turn had the rest pull their guns on him. The spice dealer frowned deeply, cocking his head to the side.

"What are you, her brother? No, too different species. Boyfriend?" He snickered cruelly. "You should find a better girl who doesn't offer herself so easily to strangers, mm?" Eliz's cold eyes narrowed as he lowered his gun. The Twi'lek opened his mouth to say something further, probably something mocking. But his eyes just opened, stunned. The Chissalorian moved, faster than his eyes could follow. The first of his little entourage had their head smashed into the nearby wall just as the doors to Gwyn's room closed. Blood and grey matter scattered as skull broke.

The other two guards turned their guns, panic obvious in their eyes. They went to shoot, but Eliz had already fired himself. The naturally silent Verpine shatter rifle had been lifted as the Mandalorain killed the first. His goal was revealed. Line up a shot for the last two. A small hole formed in their foreheads, the only visible wound. Eyes rolled as they dropped, dead instantly.

The Twi'lek scrambled to pull his gun free. "W.. What the fuck are you!?" It was too late to fire though. Eliz was on him, wrenching back his arm like it was little more than a twig. Bone snapped as he screamed in pain. A scream that was short lived as his throat was crushed by a swift jab. He was dragged to the ground by his Lekku. Red eyes were empty now as he stared down at the chocking figure. Something in him had snapped after the first kill. He didn't set out to kill anyone, just beat them up. Send them away.

It was too late.

The door would open as Eliz came back into the room some minutes later. His knuckles were covered in bits of gore, grey matter, and skull. Blood coated his shirt, his face. A hollow gaze was all he had as he wandered back towards Gwyn's side, where Aubin had remained protectively in his stead. An empty smile was offered to the Ursod before he sat down beside her. He had a promise to keep.

Her sleep had been heavy and hard. She had not slept this deeply in a long time. Probably not since she had first escaped her ravaged home planet and sent her newly stolen ship, the Mercury Freighter, into hyperspace. The ship would have crashed once it came out too if it not been for Mini, the astremech droid that was also with the ship. Thus, it made sense she is pulled too slowly from her sleep. The sounds of shouting, violence, and gore had not reached her at all at first. It wasn't until the sound of repeated beating and skull cracking resounded against the emptiness that she awoke. She sat up, dazed and confused, on the bed. Where was she? What year was it? This did not look like her ship. She slowly mumbled, "Mini?"

Then the door opened. She stared blankly for a long moment at the figure that approached. She could smell the blood and taste the iron. It was an assault on the senses she was now used to. She blinked for a moment, not understanding why her fight or flight turned on. It was as if she knew and trusted them.

Then, it clicked.

Eliz. He looked awful. She had never seen him so drenched in gore. And his eyes. Distant and haunted, vacant and alone. She had no idea what was happening, or why, but an overpowering desire to see him feel again overcame her. She cared about him. He had been by her side and defended her, and she needed to do the same. Aside Eliz's faithful hound, she felt no life forces through her Sense. They were alone. Good.

As he slumped on the bed, she wrapped her arms around him. Sticky and grimy as he was, she did not care. She hugged him tightly as they fell onto the bed. She was exhausted, he was bloodied, and they were done with this rotten day. Yet, it was strange. For such a terrible collection of experiences, it had brought them together. Eliz had been a fling before, but she knew that he was way more than that. But what? She wanted to be closer to him any of her flings had ever been. As they drifted off into sleep, she decided to leave it to tomorrow. She was just going to hold him right now. She was a fool to think he would not be weak as well. She held him close, and fell into a sleep that was icy and warm at the same time.

She was unsure if that one, small kiss shared was a part of her dreaming or not.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

He had nothing in him to protest with against Gwyn's guidance for him to lay down. There were corpses brutalized in the hall, but.. That was a problem for tomorrow. The mess didn't matter to her, so it didn't matter to him. Eliz just laid limply against her, determined not to break his promise on the merit of not breaking his promise alone. He felt.. Nothing. Violence had it's way of just emptying the young man.

Sleep came, though he wasn't sure when or for how long. Being beside Gwyn just made it easier. Comfortable. She was safe. He was safe. That's all that mattered, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom