Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Ballad of the Masks

Conglomerate Prime.

Unlike Coruscant, which got uglier the lower the level, the worst of crime and chaos could be found in the upper levels. At the sixth level of Civila City, a hooded figure walked through the streets. Passing a gambling group of different aliens, Gwyneira Craft adjusted the weaponry on her belt. She was trying to be incognito at the moment and blend in. She was unsure how wearing her Aegis of the Watch casually would go. Hair half fallen over her face, the half Arkanian has her eyes locked on a target.

A Terrelian Jango Jumper stood in the corner, talking to a cloaked, hidden person from inside a darkened doorway. The girl narrowed her pupiless eyes. She had been on his trail for two days now. Approaching the two, she pulled out a badge and lifted it casually as she approached.

"Cane Caller." He immediately recognized the voice, she could sense it. Yes, they had met before.

She held her badge easily high, "I am with the Wardens of the Eternal Empire. I have a warrant for your arrest."

The Terrelian briefly turned, paranoid red eyes locking on her before he turned and dashed off. Gwyn pulled her blaster out, bypassing the command to freeze and firing a shot that missed as he fled over rooftops. Meanwhile, the person he had been talking to slammed the door shut. Gwyn looked over to it as it clicked loudly.

He locked it. He thought he could keep her out?

Gwyn smirked, stepping forward as she tucked the badge away. She extended her free hand and shoved the door off its hinges, causing it to loudly clang inside. Gwyn stepped into the darkness, blaster aimed and ready. Shuffling resounded from a table. Gwyn once again used the Force and pulled it out from over her target. In the dim lighting the mostly burnt out lights gave off, he pushed himself away and was now back against the wall. The Chiss looked up to her and raised his hands, "No! Don't shoot!"

Gwyn stopped, glaring as she demanded, "What were you two discussing?"

Really, she did not want to shoot. She wanted no unnecessary death or injury. But she needed to know.

The alien raised his hands above his head in surrender, "I-I - we - he was asking about the Maw, and I-"

Gwyn blinked in surprise, "The Maw?"

He nodded in terror, "I fled to the Eternal Empire because they offered security the Chiss have been unable to against those monsters! He asked what I knew about their technology, as if I would give away the secrets I reverse engineered from those monsters, then you showed up and saved me! I-I think?"

Gwyn lowered her blaster, "Did he say what it was for?"

"No! And I want nothing to do with it!"

Gwyn turned and stalked out of the building. Re-entering the streets, she put her blaster away. Well, this news lined up with his past three targets. All four people Came Caller had 'visited' were Chiss who were refugees from Chiss Space, as well as technology experts. This all pointed to the disturbing news of the Maw somehow being involved in this.

Gwyn blushed a bit as she remembered someone she knew, someone who hunted the Maw religiously.

"If I have good luck," She sarcastically chuckled as she turned a street corner, "Edgy McHandsome will drop out of the sky because the word 'Maw' has been muttered here."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Tags: Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

The news had hit him like a ton of bricks. Chiss refugees being hounded down for their information on the Maw. On weapons. Charric weaponry alone was highly coveted by non Chiss, as it should be. The superior maser technology could blow away someone hosting a Lightsaber instead of being deflected. That was just the raw kinetic force behind the signature blue beams. This was supposed to be a safe haven.

So Eliz had come out to make it just that.

He was atop one of the higher floors, sniper in hand. Watching down the scope. He'd been set up around here for a while. No one came by, which made it the perfect place to set up a sniper roost. His goal? Find the people harassing the Chiss engineers and blow them apart. He wasn't sure if the Empire was going to do anything about it, and they probably would. But he wanted nothing more than to make sure this one in particular was alright. Jretti'lum'siacuss. One of the first Eliz had saved. Him, and his family. It nearly cost the halfbreed his life, but this man went out of his way to save him.

So when he saw the door get ripped open by someone he recognized as Eternal, anger welled in his chest. He'd taken note of the Terrelian but didn't think too much on it. The figure had run, but his attention was more on the Chiss and protecting them. Now that they were in danger? Eliz jetted from his perch, sniper on his back as he reached down for his blaster instead. Empire or not, they weren't allowed to threaten his people.

It was at the last second that he recognized who it was that had barged in. Disbelief filled his gaze. Gwyn? The armor, the weapons. He hit the ground and immediately rushed up to her, even pulling his blaster. "The hell did you do to him!?" The anger was palpable. In his mind, she'd crossed a line. Jretti'lum'siacuss thankfully stepped into view, mostly to check out his poor door.

And now stop the Chissalorian. "Jac'eli'zirrem! Don't! She's an ally." His helm turned from her to him. He was silent, but he at least put the gun away. ".. Alright. Explain what's going on."

That was the moment Gwyneira learned never to get on Eliz's bad side.

She had just about been floored when he appeared out of nowhere, very angry at that. It was a great stroke of luck that the man she had just interrogated, Jretti'lum'siacuss, came out and stopped him. Eliz calmed down and asked for an explanation.

Well. This was all a lot to take in. They were friendly, they had slept together twice now, she'd think he'd be a bit more... less hasty to kill her. Well, that was all a grim reminder that in truth, no one cared for her. All she could ask for was some meager attention.

"Someone stopped by, a Terrelian Jango Jumper, demanding information on Maw tech. That young lady ran up with a warrant for his arrest and he ran off. I-" He flashed a sympathetic yet still unnerved look at her, "-Was a bit hasty running in asking questions, but she didn't hurt me in the slightest, son. She's obviously the one tracking him down, after all."

Gwyneira flashed the Chiss an apologetic look for barging in. Of course, at this point there were circles under her eyes from a lack of sleep. That explained some of her hastiness.

Gwyneira sighed, adjusting the hood over her head, "Yeah, I've been tracking that guy down for two days. Was assigned by the Wardens to figure out what this is all about." She did not hide the hurt in her expression as she looked to Eliz, "I am trying to avoid any unnecessary injuries and deaths on this mission. Though running from one gang neighborhood to another has been a bit stressful."

She sighed, slumping a bit, "But no worries, I'll figure this mess out. I know who I'm after and what he does, at least. And now I know what he's after. I can figure the rest out easily."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

".. Damnit."
So it was that jumper that was the threat. Had he actually done something sooner, it might of actually spared a lot of hassle. And, well. His helmed gaze fell to Gwyn. Why was he so hasty in putting the blame on her? Hindsight was twenty twenty. Given their past relations, he should of given her the benefit of the doubt. .. Since when was he so.. Untrusting?

And why was it so upsetting to see how much it'd hurt her?

He let out a heavy sigh before nodding his head in thanks to the Chiss. "Then trust she'll get him." Was it really his place to make such a promise after the lethal intent he displayed so easily? He did regardless. Jretti'lum'siacuss nodded before retreating back inside. Which was good. Eliz rubbed at the back of his neck. What was he supposed to do now? He didn't like the idea of leaving things where they were. Or the jumper to just Gwyn alone.

And why did she look so tired?

".. Alright. Let me help you out. .. And I'm sorry. I shouldn't of been so.. ... I'm sorry."

Wait, he was apologizing? And offering to help? She blinked, baffled. She was not used to being apologized to. Everyone else was always right, she was always wrong. Still, with the sleep she had been losing over this case, she probably could use all the help she could get. She knew Eliz was an incredible fighter, after all. Far more likely able to catch Cane Caller than herself, who misfired because of her shaky draw. She should not have even pulled a blaster to a civilian either, she was just so impatient at this point.

She did not even have the mood to flirt with Eliz like she usually did.

She was just herself.

Gwyn rushed past being apologized to, having no idea how to respond to that, and went down to business. Rubbing her temple, she spoke, "I can debrief you at my current base of operations. It's a lot. I've been pretty busy past two days. I do appreciate the help. You know way more about the Maw than I do, that'll help a lot."

She turned and walked towards a certain direction, motioning for him to follow.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

It was good she glossed over the apology. Eliz was horrible at those, if that wasn't evident enough by how off it sounded coming from him in the first place. He was even quicker to follow after her as she turned to lead the way. There was an awkwardness there that neither was willing to speak about. "It's the least I can do." For being so horrible earlier, is what he wanted to say. But he didn't.

He really didn't know how to talk to her.

"So.. Two days. That how long it's been since you slept..?"

Gwyneira sighed as they turned a street corner. She made for the hotel, a garbage hotel with boarded up windows and doors with broken automatic sensers. As they entered the bland, grey establishment, she sighed, "Well, I got some sleep with that gang member, but I've been so focused, I just keep losing track of time. You should have seen me in engineering school. I went weeks with no sleep."

She turned the hallways, leading Eliz to her room. It was a room she had bought in a more secure part of the inn, and the door was protected by a password lock. Gwyn used the Force to pin the number in without her finger tapping to give it away, then entered the room. Should she tell Eliz she was in no mood for a round three in here? She shrugged and trudged over to the holodesk as the door securely shut behind them. The blue glow of holograms and datagrams illuminated the mostly dark room. Numerous links, documents, and camera feeds all appeared as she flopped down into a chair, pressing a button on the coffee maker with the Force. As coffee filled the mug, she explained.

"So the person I'm after is Cane Caller, a Terrelian Jango Jumper who's in a space raider gang that spreads across the galaxy, mostly the outer rim. They deal in all kinds of illegal trades, including military weaponry heists from various factions, clans, and governments across the entire galaxy."

Gwyn expanded the data files on Cane Caller, a green skinned Terrelian with red eyes and various tattoos, both of Terrelian culture and gang culture. "The news that this gang has started operating in the Empire is of concern, but the activity is so minor that they just sent an initiate, me, to take care of this. Of course, I had no idea where to even start at first. Civilia City is so big, it took an entire day of running from local gang to local gang to track him down. And just now I've figured out what he's after..."

She pushed her chair over to the coffee table, the scratched up and dented coffee table, and took her mug of rich dark coffee. The warm steam was a gentle touch of pleasantry in this gloomy city, but even the aroma of caffeine did not mesh well with the atmosphere of the dump. She lowered the mug, looking away as she thought aloud, "But why Maw technology? And why here? Why go out of the way to bother Chiss refugees in a system ruled by a firm government, instead of just stealing something from the Maw itself? I'm missing so much, I'm sure. The logic just isn't lining up, which means I'm missing pieces of the puzzle yet."

She blinked for a moment, then looked up to Eliz, "Oh. You can sit down and stuff, sorry. And sorry I'm ranting so much at once. You probably didn't retain half of that jumbled mess of words."

She looked back down to her coffee cup, the overworked gears in her mind struggling to keep going.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

This was.. Eliz didn't bother hiding his grimace at the location Gwyn brought them to. The trashiest of hotels, huh? Did she not get paid enough for a better place? Or was it trying to keep some kind of cover? He really wasn't sure, but he didn't try to tell her she could do better. It certainly wasn't his place. Especially after what he'd done earlier. The Chissalorian followed her into the room, finding a spot to stand and just.. Observe.

Holy hell she'd been busy. Way too busy. There's no way she wasn't exhausted. Two days to get this much information? The obvious stress in her voice as she explained things and the bags under her eyes made much more sense now. Without a word Eliz pulled off his helmet and set it on the table so he could look over the paperwork himself. She.. He blinked, stunned for a moment. It looked like chaos, but there was so much explained. So much figured out. When she actually let herself think, she was incredibly smart.

Why was she constantly acting the fool, then?

Flicking his gaze up he clicked his tongue and immediately rounded the table. One hand gently set atop her drink, lowering it from her lips before she could sip. No, it was obvious now. She needed rest. More importantly, he needed time to catch up on the information she had. And, well. It was more likely that the Jumper they were after was going to lay low for a bit now that she announced herself.

"You need to sleep. Go, rest up. I'll read through this while you do. And when you wake up we can figure out where this Cane Caller went." It was obvious he wasn't going to take no for an answer. Instead, he just took the cup from her and started sipping it himself. Without another word on it he sat down, starting to sift through the papers. There really was a lot for him to figure out.

Gwyneira was a bit startled at being told to go to bed like a child. Yet again, Eliz was always an assertive person.

Gwyneira did not want to incure his wrath again. She did not like it when people were angry with her. Especially cold rage, like her father's. She relented and got up. She half walked half limped to the bed and crashed down on it. It was so hard to turn her brain off, but exhaustion overtook even her mind and she drifted off.

The young girl burst into the apartment. Run down as it was, the complex still housed many different people and families. Her footsteps pounded against hollow metal stairs as she darted upwards. Passing the drunkard of the building, she slammed the door to her tenant open and ripped through the entryway.

"Mom! Mom! I did it! I got accepted into the academy!"

She looked around, left to right. The living room was littered with trash, and the holoscreen was playing static. She blinked, looking around for a moment before she heard shuffling from behind her. The girl turned to see her mother in the kitchen, currently devouring galactic honey cakes as she leaned against the counter. She seemed to have not even noticed that her daughter was there.

Gwyneira frowned, of course she didn't. She turned and entered the kitchen, avoiding placing her hands on the grubby counter. "Mom?"

The woman's eyes alone slowly side glanced her as she chewed.

Gwyneira sighed, looking down to the letter in her hand, then extending it towards her mother to look at, "It's from the academy. The one you thought was too prestigious for me. Well, I got in!" She excitedly smiled, but her mother did not answer. She looked down to her plate and continued to chew before swallowing, "Mmph, congratulations then."

Did she even care?

Of course she did not. She never did. She just wanted this kid she was legally required to house to stay out of her hair. But what did she even do with her life? She jumped from boyfriend to boyfriend when she was younger, drank constantly, and the smell of death sticks were potent in this house. Gwyneira turned and trudged away. She should have known this grand achievement would not get a reaction from her. All her other ones had not. She entered the one somewhat decent room in her living quarters, her bedroom. Passing the hanging high school diploma she earned earlier this year, the eleven year old girl gently filed the paper away in her shelf, where she kept the really important stuff. She turned and collapsed onto her bed, miserable. Her own mother seemed to be inconvenienced with her existence. She had no friends in school, either for being too human or too Arkanian, and her teachers had focused so much on her intelligence that they focused on her as a statistic instead of a person. Curling up on the bed, crying, she could only hope getting her license in engineering at a grand college estate would change things.

Gwyneira woke up, curled up on her bed like a cat huddling itself together in the cold. She moaned, uncurling and stretching before realizing she had shed tears in the land of the living. She turned over and pretended to bury her head in her pillow, wiping her tears discretely with the sheet. After that, she sat up. Her bed hair was all over the place, and she looked like she had awoken from a deep coma. She licked her dry lips and looked over to see Eliz still going over the files. She obviously was at least a bit comfortable with him being in the same living space, for obvious reasons, and swung her legs over the edge of the bed.

"How's it looking?"

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

It was easy enough to get swept away into the paperwork Gwyn had. There was a lot to sort through, and it made keeping busy easy enough. Hours drifted by. She really had covered so much of this Cane fellow and his connections to his gang. Where he usually hang out, potential targets. That sort of information would make actually hunting him easy enough. This was the kind of stuff he had to figure out on his own when he went hunting.

One cup of caf turned to two by the time the girl woke back up. He was fully invested in what he was reading, and yet when she moved he noticed. His pointed ears twitched. He was.. Sensitive to a lot of things. His hearing. Eyesight. Strength. All of it was super human. It had it's cost of course, but that's why he was always in his armor. It protected him from sensory overload.

It also, sadly, meant he noticed things about her as she slept. Even when he didn't want to. She was crying. Whatever her dreams were, they were bad enough for her to whimper and curl up. He'd never noticed it before. Why did it make him feel.. Sad? He pretended he didn't notice she was awake, waiting until she spoke up to look her way. He flashed a brief smile, nodding to the papers.

"You're damn good at this. I wager I could find him, soon enough. Sleep okay?" His gaze tore away, back towards the paperwork. He could see it. The red puffiness of her tears. Too many thoughts came to mind then. Most of which didn't make sense to the young man. They'd slept together a couple times, but why did he want to comfort her? He closed his eyes, clearing his mind of such thoughts.

They needed to focus.

Gwyneira rubbed her eyes, nodding a bit, "Yeah."

She blinked, struggling a bit to figure out how puffy her eyes were. Her Arkanian eyes got super red when she cried, as they were seas of white. She sighed, standing and feeling her stomach rumbling in hunger. She instead opted for coffee. She did not need food, she needed to get back to work.

As coffee poured into the cup, she looked towards Eliz again, "I can brush my hair and we can set out then, unless you need any other intel?"

She was still wearing her Aegis of the Watch and vambraces under her grubby cloak. It was obvious how tired she had been, to fall asleep in such a suit. She pulled out a brush and worked on untangling the bird's nest on her head, "We'll need him alive. We can interrogate him and figure out what he's up to. And I suppose we could go from there."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

No, she didn't sleep well. He heard it. He didn't expect her to tell him about it either, and yet.. It kinda stung that she kept it to herself. Eliz peered towards her again though as she went right for the coffee. Her stomach was easy enough to hear. A small frown formed as he tried to ignore it. She was an adult, as she kept telling him. He wasn't here to babysit her. Just help her.

Wasn't making sure she was fed part of that?

He grumbled to himself as he got up and wandered towards the kitchen to start cooking. No explanation, just going right to taking out a small bowl. He snatched a couple eggs from the fridge, cracked them. Started to beat them up in the bowl. "He has a spice problem. We go find his dealer, and we should find him. Addicts are easy enough to predict." Then to the stove, where he'd start to cook up the eggs with some cheese, some herbs. Just making her a good breakfast while she got ready.

"So, this your first solo job?"

The smell of eggs in the kitchen called to her stomach. Gwyneira was doing her best to align her strips of dyed hair perfectly. She called back to him as he explained his idea.

"Yeah, that sounds good. But his dealer is powerful, with many guards. And my mom knew some dealers, they all were desperate to keep out of the law enforcement's eyes, violently so. So I'm thinking."

She just decided to start changing, right there and then, as she formulated her plan, "We get the dealer on our side. If we assure him that this once we'll turn a blind eye when he helps turn Caller in, that would be good. Even greater, what if he turned his guards against his customer?"

She was now in an orange v neck t-shirt and black pants. As she hung her knife and blasters on her belt, she walked into the kitchen. Her stomach won, she needed sustenance. "Still a great cook, I see. What's that delicious aroma?"

No hints of flirting were in her voice, only compliments and a roaring hunger for food.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

"He might be alright with selling out a customer, but don't expect him to actually help. We're not a full battalion kicking in his door." Push their luck, and they might end up being silenced instead. Eliz had seen it plenty of times. Enough that the worry he felt was in the right spot. His gaze shifted towards her.

And she changed. He blinked. There.. Wasn't any embarrassment in him this time. He watched for a moment, as if appreciating her for how she looked. Then it was back to the eggs. This was.. Familiar. And familiar was nice. "Eggs, with a bit of cream, cheese, and some herbs. Nothing fancy, but should still taste good. Sit down. Again, it was a sort of request. She needed to eat, and he wasn't going to listen to protest.

Once she sat down she was immediately served a plate. "When you're finished, we'll head out."

Gwyneira had tried not to notice that she knew he had watched her change, but face turned away from him, she could not help but relish in that small attention. It made her feel good for a fraction of a second.

She was amazed, once again, at Eliz's incredible cooking. She cleaned her plate rapidly, not only due to hunger but due to enjoyment. She turned his words over in her head, comparing and contrasting logic, plans, and ideas for what was the most likely thing to be agreed on. As she finished eating, she not only had a plan but a backup plan. And another backup after that.

"I think my plan should work."

She stood up, wiping her mouth on her hand. She walked over to the door and pulled some shoes on. "I'm going to head in, straight up, and try striking a good deal. If I show no signs of aggression, it should be safe. They're always looking for new business."

She walked over to the closet and opened it, pulling out her sniper rifle, "I'll pretty much be defenseless in there, but that's where you come in. Compare our sniper rifles, see which one has greater range. I think yours does, but it's good to be thorough."

She walked back into the kitchen and placed the rifle on the table, "If I say the words 'are you sure you're not interested?', fire. I doubt it will come to that with my offer, it's a last resort, but still. Being thorough."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

That was her plan? His lips thinned. No, he trusted it'd work. And yet.. It put her in the most danger. Why did that matter to him? He closed his eyes again as he devoured his own plate of eggs. No, trust in her. She'd done all this. Built it up, prepared. Learned. He did as he was asked, reaching over to take up the sniper offered to look it over. Sure enough, he preferred his own. But hers was standard.

No, he'd use his own.

"If that's the plan, alright."

No hint of doubt. Just, genuine belief in what she was saying. This was her show, and he'd do what he could to help. Meal done, he'd take up her plate to set it in the sink and start to get his own gear ready. Double checking the various parts of his armor, going through his weaponry. He had a look of pure focus, his red eyes slightly narrowed in the process. He needed to be sure he could keep her safe.

Why, though? That's what's been bugging him. It wasn't like the desire to keep a comrade safe. Later. He'd figure it out later. Focus. Keep her safe, and it can be figured out later.

Gwyn was pleasantly surprised at the lack of argument, but it only increased her confidence. She could do this. She pulled a hooded shawl over and they set out.

They had the coordinates already, her research made sure of that. As they turned to the shabby block the dealer was located in, she turned to Eliz, "I trust you can find the best spot? Just be careful, I've noticed you have a tendency to get reckless. Don't make me save you again" She smirked at him before turning and calmly to the final destination. Papers flew in the underground wind as she approached the building. Two armored guards noticed her and locked eyes. She pulled her hood down and cast her shawl back like a cape. She raised her hands, "Gentlemen. I mean no harm. I was just hoping to speak with the dealer."

One guard raised his rifle, "How did you find this place out?"

Gwyneira recalled the one time she got an ounce of sleep prior to Eliz coming in, and the little fiasco surrounding it, "Your customer, Ahl'Veen, told me."

The two exchanged looks, then turned their eyes back to her, "Leave all your weapons here."

Looking to the nearby pin one of the guards jerked his head towards, she pulled her blasters and knife out, casting them into the bucket. Then, they let her in.

Soon enough, she was standing before the desk of a twi'lik man, smoking something Gwyn recognized from her mom's wretched stenches. He was leaning back in his chair, feet propped up on the desk. She struggled not to show signs of nervousness as he looked towards her, "A young, frail girl looking for a deal in these parts? Are you crazy?"

Gwyneira shook her head, "Perhaps. But I'm not looking for spice."

He tilted his head as she walked up to the desk, lifting one of her four digits and running it up and down the desk. "I was hoping you could help me reprehend Cane Caller."

Fumes choked the room and he frowned, "Hmmm, no can do, missy. He's one of my highest paying customers, and what would turning him into whoever you are teach the rest of my customers!"

Gwyn lifted her other hand and pulled her badge out of her pocket, showing it to him.

His eyes widened, "Warden? Wh-" he stood right up, burning in anger, "Give me one good reason not to shoot you right now!"

From behind her, the guards got ready for the order. Despite her heart pounding, she kept calm. She lowered her hand, tugging at her collar, "I followed your rules. I even came in here unarmed. I have been willing to trust you already. I am more than willing to turn a blind eye to all of this."

"And how do I know you'll keep that promise?"

She reached from her neck sleeve, tugging at her shoulder. Pulling the shoulder of her shirt down a bit, she crossed her legs and made sure to show off her frame. "Because that's only part one of the deal. But listen, love."

She walked across the area and approached him. She reached out and gently walked her fingers up his chest, regardless of how he smelled. "As a dealer, you can find a good deal, right?"

He was blushing, the guards behind him chimed in, "Give us the order and we'll shoot!"

Gwyneira briefly considered using the code for Eliz, but when the dealer clearly hesitated, she instead smirked and leaned in. She wrapped one hand around his waistline, rested her other hand on his chest, and lifted a leg, "So tell me, darling. Does this deal sound good?"

He was silent for a moment, then muttered, "I think we can come to an agreement."

Gwyneira smirked, "Good. Let's talk then."

~ ~ ~​

"Everything sounds good? Repeat it to me, even if just to hear your voice."

The twi'lik nodded, "In the next deal, at four o'clock this evening, I catch him right there and then, then turn him over to you." He smirked, "Not only will you turn a blind eye for helping, but I get... and additional payment, once everything is over."

Gwyneira nodded, flipping her hair with a smirk, "You got it. Thank you for your consideration."

The boss nodded, "See you then. My guards will escort you out."

Gwyneira nodded and stood, "Ah, no problem, sweetie. You're a doll to make business with."

That was when they shook hands and parted ways. Gwyn collected her weapons again and started down the hallway, happy that it had worked out. The only thing needed now was to pull this off. Out here, she could properly remove her mask of the flighty, fun loving, flirty girl. She was Gwyneira Craft once again. The loose yet on edge footing, the way she stuffed her hands into her shawl pockets, and the somber, nearly dead look in her eyes.

She paused and looked around, waiting for Eliz to show himself again.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Last edited:

Finding a sniper roost was easy enough. He'd had to get several in his life, especially since the Maw took out Csilla. His suit turned him invisible, making scaling over the crowd to his ideal perch easy enough. Eliz found a crook between signs. Not the most comfortable perch, but he could make it work. Sniper in hand, he readied himself. Hopefully he wouldn't need to do anything. A frown settled on his lips.

He was the reckless one? He didn't respond to it earlier, just gave her a quick nod as he parted ways to find his spot. Now though? She was the one going in alone. Sure, he was providing cover, but there was a limit for what he could do. For now, he just listened to the com. Waited for the signal. So far, things were tense. He frowned further, lining up his scope for one of the guards that just threatened to shoot her.

He'd be the first to die.

Then it changed. Eliz blinked slowly as the girl full on offered herself as a bargaining chip. A flurry of emotions flooded his mind. Chiss agents did this all the time. His father hadn't taught him much on it on account of him being a kid, but there was some knowledge. Flirtation often caught other people off guard. Made it easy to slip into their guard. It was a useful tactic, and given how the conversation went, it was effective.

Why the hell did it bother him so much?

Eliz took a moment to clear his head before he met back up with Gwyn. No way he was going to let her in on those thoughts. That'd only get in the way of the mission. And yet.. "So.. At least you got plans for the night, huh."

Gwyn sighed as she pulled her hood back up, "Maybe not tonight. Just once this is over."

She started to walk towards the direction of the hotel, honestly feeling a bit sick inside. She had to shrug it off though. She always enjoyed attention, regardless of the circumstances. This would be just fine. She once again checked over her weapons as they walked, "Once we have Cane Caller in custody, we'll be able to properly interrogate him. We can just shove him into another hotel room and start the investigation there."

As they once again got closer to the area where the hotel was, Gwyneira stretched a bit, releasing her remaining tension, "Should we get something to eat before four? We have nothing else to do much. We can gear up at three and head on over then."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

"Right."
Once this was over. Better to focus on the task. .. Focus on the task. That was repeated a couple times in Eliz's mind as he walked beside the Arkanian. It wasn't his place to care. Why would he care? .. Why did he care? No, he did care. And there was something.. Off about her. Like she was trying to convince herself on something. He really needed to get better at understanding people around him.

"Food sounds good. .. But not in that hotel. There's gotta be someplace good to eat around here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom