Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Avatar needs help...

Ruye Etarn

R
So, as you guys may or may not know, I (Jhar) am trying to bridge the worlds of Avatar: The Last Airbender (and Legend of Korra) with star wars via species creation. Thus far, I believe I have explained quite thoroughly how the Force connects with Chi (the thing that allows Benders to Bend in Avatar), and the cultures of the Four Nations (and the United Republic of Nations), however, nothing stays constant and I need help making them a bit, i.e. The space age, how that effected the culture, and I possibly might need help with a refined creation myth of Avatar. This account as you can read will be the Avatar, but I only plan to use him for a short while until a faction can be set up of all Gaians (the name I have chosen for them), so a raffle can be made every once and a while of who in that faction (under certain requirements) could make a new Avatar.

So here's what I'm asking:

Historical ideas leading up from the Legend of Korra to present (I'm thinking 50 generations, though that may be too much)
The space age of Avatar
I need help for creation myth (not as important)
Any new sub-factions within the Avatar world? (Specifically not Fire Nation, Earth Kingdom, Air Nomads, Water Tribes, or Equalists)

I realize this is a Star Wars forum, and that first off, it might not be accepted, and second that everyone here may not know what this other universe is that I am connecting. Have fun handing out suggestions, I will take all of them seriously and consider everything you guys say as much as possible, but I would also like to take some ownership in how I connecter of the two worlds, so being that connecter I ultimately decided what I think is right and best to do.

Other than that go crazy with ideas, and post below if you think you might create a character for this (I need at least five). Thank you!

PS: Also, if you would like to help and contribute to a community generate alien that I am hosting, go give some suggestions here.

Beatrice Gwandarh

B
Maybe... in the ancient times, two spectrums of the Force lived in peace and harmony, but then, everything changed, when the Sith Empire attacked. Two spectrums of the Force combined, making an ultimate being, who can manipulate every natural element. The Avatar was then followed by thousands of benders, Force-sensitives who had an ability to manipulate an element. Their powers weren't perfect and they had a lot to learn, but I believe the Gaian race can save the world.

Jorn Mair

J
could go for a "christpher Cloumbus" theme. a person (u make the name) goes to explore and they find our galaxy. to learn more about us he lears about the force (wether from jedi or sith) and when he return to their world they decide to join us in our galaxy to learn more about our culture and in the prosses become enveloped in our "war".

i was wanting to ask. what faction would they mainly be in? or would they be free loaters who went where ever they wanted?

Jorn Mair

J
didnt think of that. i think it would be better if they were a different faction. what im asking is are they more like the jedi/republic or the sith/imperials.
or the could be entirely different and be like the mandalorians and go off by themselfs and be more netural like.

Ava Solborne

A
Jorn Mair said:
didnt think of that. i think it would be better if they were a different faction. what im asking is are they more like the jedi/republic or the sith/imperials. or the could be entirely different and be like the mandalorians and go off by themselfs and be more netural like.
It would be logical, if they formed their own faction. Think about it... If your race understands, that near their planet, there is a galaxy, where almost every planet has life on it, would the people take courage to investigate the galaxy on their own? I mean, people don't know, what to expect from the galaxy and they don't know anyone. If they'd form a group of their own people and they'll go together to explore the galaxy, they would be much safer. So far, I have only understood, that (maybe I am wrong) you can only trust a person form The Republic or The Jedi Order. Imagine, what would happen if a single person would go to explore the galaxy and is being caught by a Mandalorian or a Sith... Or even a bounty hunter or a pirate... Alone they couldn't stand against so powerful people, but together, they can feel safe. That's why I think they should form a faction.

But I don't know anything about the Sith or Jedi thing...

Jorn Mair

J
yeah i see how that works now. and just cus they meet a mando for the first time doesnt mean they wont act like a saint. (lol your talking to a mandalorian here.) yeah

Ruye Etarn

R
Yes, I plan to make a separate faction, and my initial thoughts would be that it would be exclusive to the Gaian (the Avatar race). In that faction I would then split it into several groups (Fire Nation, Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Air Nomads, [Perhaps Order of the White Lotus?] and the United Republic of Nations being an Umbrella to them [other sub-factions would be acceptable too, like {just throwing out ideas here} Order of Lightning, the Metal Bending World Peace Crops, ect, ect...), but we will see if I even need to go that far. Perhaps I'll go by Element instead of Nationality.

But at any rate, yes, the World of Avatar has finally reached an interstellar space age (which the capabilities of said age will be elaborated soon) so then obviously the first to go out would be a scout party. Later, when the race is approved (or disproved, we never know) I'll ask all the Factions thus far to see if they would like to be first contact. My idea is that it would be a hostile nation, (i.e. Sith Empire, or dem Mando's) that would provoke them into seeking aid against the advanced foreign enemy.

Are there any other thoughts on this? Suggestions for the race as a whole? (I'd like to keep true to both universe's please, so don't go suggesting them have two heads or something like that, or it will be ignored xD)

Jorn Mair

J
they could have some sort of different type of wepons than the normal starwars universe.(like physical sheilds, different shot blasts, or even a different type of metal) it would change things up alittle but i think it would give them and advantage over their foes.

Ruye Etarn

R
It was my thought as well that having less would give them an advantage in this universe. Because as everything else in life goes, less is more. I think that if a Force user who had learned 'everything', and then was suddenly stripped away and forced to learn Just one power, they wouldn't be able to do it. But if the same Force user had been born with ONLY that ability, he would do everything he could to utterly master it. Also, as we saw from the series, these benders use their abilities EVERY DAY. I would like to see a regular force user do that :p Besides, what is better? A general knowledge of many things, or a very concrete knowledge of mastery over only a few?

But anyway (I'm sorry, lol) I have yet another question:

Do we want to build more off of the Original or Legend of Korra? In my honest opinion I think there should be some sort of catastrophe (Global Climate change due to more use of technology?) grinds there technological ways to a halt, slowing progress to a comfortable pace and creating an emphasis on nature. This way they can still expand beyond Gaia, but they are more peaceful, and kindly WORK WITH their environment, rather than use and abuse it. I will explore this thought some more.

Jorn Mair

J
what is better? A general knowledge of many things, or a very concrete knowledge of mastery over only a few?
its the mastry of one. thats true they use it for everyday life and thats how they lear to use thier abilties.

about the planet. i think that since they have less items than we do it wouldnt really fit for them to cause global warming on their planet. i was thinking more like their planet was just dyeing or a "alien" attacked their planet. they then survived the assult but using newfound tech (stolen from aliens) they travled to our galaxy. just throwing an idea.

Ruye Etarn

R
True, I do remember from Korra that U.R.N. relied heavily on Bending generated power (lightning benders) but none the less look at the old Fire nation and the pollution and coal stacks that they cause? Industrialization no matter how it is done or by who shall cause some negative side effect. I would like to believe that the World of Avatar would be no different.

As for the alien attack, I do agree that it would help connect Avatar to star wars, and that advancement could be obtained from stolen tech, it (first off) seems just a tad cliche, and (second off), being as old the Avatar universe is (roughly over 50,000 years) I'd like to think an advanced civilization (like the Rakatans or Celestials) would have found them, and essentially destroy them. It is a possibility, but I don't see it playing to well in our favor. With Korra modernizing the genre, I'd think it is safe to say that these people could easily futurize as well without outside influence. There is nothing to say that perhaps they don't meet other civilization before being openly in the galaxy, but for now I think we're going to take the approach that their path was caused by a trial and error scenario, a BIG error scenario.

I like the idea of the planet simply dying however. It would coincide with the Avatar as well, seeming as to common mythology the Avatar's spirit is the direct manifestation of the planet in human form, to keep the warring apes in balance with a form that can relate to them, solving issues without violence. In this scenario it would threaten the Avatar in some way, directly relating to the health of the entire planet, causing life to simply die, and the planet becoming a volcanic hell. We'll figure something out :p

NOTE: I'm not shooting down your idea, just trying to make people think :)

Jorn Mair

J
lol i get it. and yeah now that i think about the alien attack it sounds kind of old school and cheezy.

i thought about the spirit thing and we could say that they move from one planet to another and use a different planet's "energy" it might work but im having my doubts. from them explaning the planets human form? it would seem alittle .... streched?

Ruye Etarn

R
There are ways around it, believe me. Force anomalies are created by writers all the time. This one will be no different :D

Ruye Etarn

R
It also opens up the possibility of multiple Avatars (one for each planet they live on) but that is also stretched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom