Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Art of War

in the dark there is discovery
D4A4G5d.png

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Storm clouds turned the sky black with their fury. Lights from a remote kel dor village twinkled far below. An old tower loomed like a tombstone. Young sages would make pilgrimages to this place seeking wisdom from the hermit who tended its grounds. An arduous climb to get here kept it secluded.

Zym carved the last ur-Kittât rune into his victim's flesh. Whatever knowledge this old fool possessed had not been enough to save him from the Sith's lash. At least in death he could serve a greater purpose. Divination often resembled something more like madness than method. This was a summoning.

"Another masterpiece."

More visions struck the kel dor, causing Zym's eyes to roll back in their sockets. He grimaced in pain when it was over. Something dark had always been inside him. Voices twisting dreams of the future into nightmare. Shadow guided him to Korriban just as it guided the young Jedi here on a sacred pilgrimage. Zym exhaled slowly admiring his work one last time before descending the tower to greet his new apprentice.

Last edited:

D4A4G5d.png

Z9U36lL.png
Enduring outside during a storm here was never an easy task here on Dorin. Especially when taking a hike up a mountain. It reminded him of the hike on Eadu, where he’d gotten the echo stone he still keeps as a necklace. But like how the hike was there, Ko was still blind. However, since he saw through The Force now he was actually doing much better than he had before, where his goggles were constantly fogging up.

Even with The Force bestowing him sight once more, he couldn’t help but worry that he might’ve gone the wrong way at some point during his trek. Moving through the halls of NJO temple was difficult enough, let alone somewhere he’d never been before like this. But he had to trust that he was on the right path.

Ko clutched his large, hooded outer-robe as the winds and rain continued to batter him. Threatening to throw him off the mountain side. He’d been advised to come here to further his training. Doing so after he’d paid a visit to his uncle earlier. Eventually through the haze of his Force vision he could see the tower ahead of him. Its details only grew more clear as he got closer to it. Glad that he trusted his instincts on taking the right path.

Just before he got to the entrance Ko noted how dirty his boots had gotten with mud from his hike. Using The Force be telekinetically pulled and wiped away the grime. Stepping up to the front he clenched his claws into a fist and knocked on the door. Somewhat harshly as to not get overlooked from the loud noises of the storm.

Darth Howl Darth Howl

Three knocks. Old wood creaked open with protest. Dim flames crackled somewhere within casting a faint outline over a kel dor in Baran Do robes. His presence in the Force seemed faint like an unquiet spirit. Zym kept his true nature hidden behind subtle illusions. Sith tattoos swirled into the impression of native markings. Another flash of stormy weather reflected off rare silver eyes.

"Koh-too-yah, child. I've been waiting for you."

Zym's eyes flashed again when his guest crossed the threshold. This time a hint of corruption touched them although it might have been a trick of the light. Lightning arced from the kel dor's fingers and a hearth roared back into life. Behind Ko doors slammed muffling the thunder of rain.

"I dreamed you would come,"
the false sage told him, "Have you ever had a dream that was not a dream?"

Even among Jedi the gift of prophecy was rare but not among their kind. On Dorin the winds whispered possible futures. Zym had never questioned these visions even when they began to show him the horrible deeds he must perform.

D4A4G5d.png

Z9U36lL.png
As the door opened he passively observed the man standing before him. The wraps around his eyes conveying his blindness. “Koh-Koo-Yeh…” Ko replied, his native tongue was rather rusty. Having atrophied from years of disuse. But was still understandable to discerning ears. Standing before the ‘sage’ Ko’s hand gripped his cane. A weapon fashioned for him by his Master within the NJO.

Once he stepped inside he brought his free hand up to pull the hood off from his head. Ko listened to the man speak of dreams. His body tensed some as they asked their question. After a second Ko nodded his head. “Yes I believe so… I had fallen unconscious.” He recalled the memory back to the conflict between Ryloth with the Mandalorians and his miraculous survival during it.

“I was with my brother again.” Ko added, he didn’t interpret his dream as much of a prophecy. More so a message and an exercise in his insight. The mention that the ‘sage’ was waiting for him was not all that surprising to him. It so far has sounded pretty on par for the Baran Do. Almost unrivaled in the Force with their precognition, often affording them great patience. Perhaps the Findsmen of Gand were of a similar calibur as well, just different in their practice.

Darth Howl Darth Howl

"Sometimes the past reaches out."

Zym nodded as if this confirmed something. Dim light from the fire cast unnatural shadows everywhere and only brief flashes of weather fully illuminated the sage's visage. He limped slowly over to tend the flames, back turned from his new guest.

"Time is a straight line," the kel dor said while gazing into the flames, "It is only when you look back that you see the possible branches, like a pruned kand tree...or forked lightning."

Warmed by the hearth's embrace, he leaned down to pick up an ancient looking kettle. Zym turned again gesturing for the padawan to come sit and dry off.

"Would you like some tea?"

D4A4G5d.png

Z9U36lL.png
Ko observed how the older Kel Dor limped. Figuring that he might need his cane more than him. He would take off his large and wet hooded cloak. Setting it aside and revealing the Jedi robes he still wore. “That makes sense. Oftentimes people look back and think of an experience that could’ve been, if different choices were made or outcomes achieved.”

He could find familiarity in their Metaphor. Having Ko think back to the bonsai Kand tree he often took such diligent care of. Having needed to leave it back behind on Coruscant and trusting his similarly green thumbed friend Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania to look after the sentimental plant.

The young Kel Dor perked up some at the offer for tea. “That would be wonderful, thank you.” Ko accepted the hospitality without hesitation. It was important to show the utmost gratitude and respect to those who offer shelter during storms such as the one raging outside. “To be honest, it’s been a while since I’ve been able to enjoy food so freely. Not to eat stuff blended down into a soup or paste.” He freely commented, still coming to terms with being on his homeworld once again. Yet even here among people that look, talk, and behave more like him. He still felt alien and distant, insecure even. Where simply biting into a fruit or chewing meat can feel like a workout for his jaw.

Darth Howl Darth Howl

"But if you had made different choices then it would no longer be you. It would be someone else looking back, asking different questions."

Silver eyes reflected strangely off the flames. Zym began an old kel dor tea ceremony, pouring boiling water from the scalding kettle into a bowl. He mixed in something which resembled tea powder and slowly stirred it with a bamboo whisk. Lifting the concoction with reverent care, the false sage filled a pair of cups before handing one over to the padawan.

"It must feel like your chains are broken," he nodded in an unexpected moment of genuine sympathy, "Tell me about your brother."

It would take a few minutes for the toxins to render Ko's mind more susceptible to influence. Howling winds rattled the old tower while Zym tended the hearth.

D4A4G5d.png

Z9U36lL.png
“I suppose that’s one way to look at it. An age old question, do we make our choices, or do our choices make us?” Ko replied, not quite countering the older Sage’s words but not really agreeing with them either. Leaving things more open ended.

Ko watched as the tea was prepared. Noting the familiarity of their practiced movements. Not too dissimilar to Ko’s own technique. Once he was offered the cup Ko took it graciously. Thanking the older Kel Dor as he did. He nodded at the idea that his chains were broken. “I actually most appreciate being able to breathe unhindered… It’s kinda like I’ve been holding my breath for years, and only now have gotten to exhale.” Ko explained, detailing what was most refreshing for him being back on Dorin.

He listened to the question about his brother. Figuring it was going off his mention about the dream or vision he had once before. “Bo, he was like my role model growing up. Much older than me but we were close. He looked after me. Not long after I was taken in by the Barran Do as a youngling. He joined the Imperial Academy.” This was all back when the Imperial Order governed Dorin, and his family had been sympathetic to its cause. “I never really heard from him after he took me to the Barran Do.”

Darth Howl Darth Howl

Zym watched with clinical malice the young kel dor begin to slur. It was a numbness that crept over Ko slowly not unlike the creeping poison of a venomous eerm. Something about the way the flames seemed brighter and more vibrant. Tendrils of shadow writhed around them like living things. Thunder echoed strangely off worn stone.

"You must miss him," the sage sounded very far away, "That is helpful to know."

To the padawan Zym moved but like a slideshow as if Ko was looking at footage with missing frames. He leaned forward and blew some kind of sand or powder. Temporarily blinded, Ko now felt like he was falling through storm clouds until he landed forcefully somewhere else. When the young Jedi opened his eyes he was inside a burning temple. Coruscant's skyline beyond loomed all too familiar.

"Ko!" Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania gasped, "You came back for us..."

She was dying from her wounds. Other bodies surrounded them. Either a battle had taken place here or a massacre. Smoke from the flames still obscured much.

Last edited:

D4A4G5d.png

Z9U36lL.png
Ko rather quickly felt himself becoming weary. Maybe he was just tired from the hike up the mountain to this tower. Hearing the older Kel Dor’s words caused Ko to raise an eyebrow. “Helpful?” He asked before some sort of sand or dust was blown into his face. Causing the padawan to fall back some. But he didn’t feel himself hit the floor, instead he kept falling. Wind rushed past and lightning crashed as he fell through the sky uncontrollably.

Where was he? Had he fallen out of the towers and off the mountain? Suddenly to his shock he landed on his feet without them breaking. But more odd than that, he could see. His eyes opened to see the NJO temple, his home, smoldering like a furnace inside.

Once he heard his name he glanced over, seeing the familiar Ukatian Princess, his friend, hurt. There were others too. Her words filled him with a sense of guilt for his absence. “I… I wasn’t gone that long was I?” His voice cracked some, he felt too shocked, too surprised to do, say, or even think of anything else as the flames raged around him. Their heat and energy was almost deafening. But his gut told him to rush to her and the others. Check on them, give aid, do anything…

Darth Howl Darth Howl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom