Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Army of Light

Kotkas Adelaar

K
Kotkas had found his way to the Senate Building as all the commotion stirred within Government District. Apparently the members of the Ession Reformation, A Jedi Order from the Outer-Rim, had rallied its own armies and declared their support in this war against the One Sith after the Republic defeat of Maanan. Like most of those who did not have a formal audience withing the main Rotunda, Kotkas was forced to find a spot in one of the many balconies assigned to the guests and visitors.

Dressed in a black trench coat and black sunglasses, he waded through the crowd and was able to get a better view. Mostly thanks to some old contacts in the SIS who gave him clearance, The freshly minted padawan was unsure if his new found order would allow him access. Eventually he came to a balcony in the farest reaches of the Rotunda, reserved for governmental support staff and the media. After some time Master Rade gave his speech, and Kotkas was impressed. It made more sense that the defeat of the One Sith be a galactic effort, with the support of all light side based force users, instead of the effort of the Republic alone.

"Ok so how do we sign up to this Army of Light?" Kotkas said to himself, still watching the Ession Reformation speakers.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

The Chief of the Senate, Alena Beswin, was rather late. She sneaked into the proceedings, and tried to do her best to look as though she had been there all along. She emerged from the crowd of senators and took some time to observe the man who had identified himself as the Archlord of the Ession Reformation. From what he was stating, one thing was clear: they were here to help the Republic. If she had the authority to do so, Alena would have just agreed to the offer right then and there. But there were procedures to be followed.

"I would like to express my utmost gratitude for this generous offer. I am afraid, however, that no single individual here has the authority to accept this offer on behalf of the entire Republic. As the Chief of the Republic Senate, I will see to it that this offer is brought before the entirety of the Senate to be voted on, then officially passed." Alena stated pleasantly.

"Do you have any specific conditions or terms under which your force will be joining the Republic in the fight against the One Sith?"

Alyesa would interject and motion towards [member="Alena Beswin"] "Actually, Chief Beswin, there is a way." Alyesa gestured towards [member="Zane Watts"] behind her before turning back to [member="Alena Beswin"]. "It is not the authority of the Senate to decide military matters. If this is a military issue, the Supreme Commander can make a decision in the interests of safety and security of the Republic. I see an military alliance, as a military issue. This isn't a government absorbed into another government where they will hold positions of power. We just will fight together on the battlefield." She nodded softly. "As Chairman of the Security Council, it is also my duty to inform the Senate that there are also various contingency Orders that can be enacted - to prevent the over the top bureaucracy or un-needed bureaucracy that will inevitably cause the downfall of the Republic." She turned away from the Chief of Senate. "This is not an issue for the Senate to discuss, rather, this is a military matter." She gazed back at [member="Alena Beswin"] "I mean, that is the purpose of the Triumvirate afterall..."

[member="Graxin Rade"]

The Eternal Queen
The Queen had been relatively silent through this entire thing. She sat next to the boy her daughter had befriended, little Felicity's body guard. Now he was just another guard of Naboo.

"[member="Glyph"]," she said suddenly, "That is your name, yes? I know by now you've heard what happened to Felicity. You once cared about her, so I am told. I need to ask you to care once again. Help us. Help my son in this, if you ever want to see her again."

She glanced at the boy out of the corner of her eye, then stood up, watching her son give his speech. She felt proud of him. He was doing something now. [member="Graxin Rade"], or rather, Cyril as she knew him, was making a difference. She smiled from her place in her senatorial pod, stepped forward as the others said their bit.

"I come here today," she said at last, "not as a representative of the Protectorate, nor as the Queen of Naboo. I come here today as yet another citizen of the Galaxy. Another woman, feeling the effects of the Sith today. A mother, missing her little girl terribly."

She took a deep breath, with one hand she reached up, pulling off the jeweled headdress. Her thick black hair tumbled down her back in messy waves.

"It is with Felicity in mind that I offer my full personal support in this cause. Those of you who care for the future of your friends, family, neighbors, children, I urge you to do the same."

[member="Feena Mason"]

"Lady Mason..." He begin as a wild smile touched his face and he found his eyes a bit more focused on this man Graxin Rade as Feena spoke, letting her speak before he would continue in a voice only she would hear or those near her. "I only showed up to help your daughter, otherwise i would have never been here, believe what was said or believe what was thought but i never stopped caring, simply knew that i was no longer of need to Fel... So don't worry, ill die before your daughter is not back with you or her brother." He smimled at Feena, the smile almost innocent, like he had not said the words he had just uttered. His mind was focused on the task of helping the person he still viewed as his closest friend and he would not let any sith harm his friends as long as he lived. "I do hope that he shows his head soon..." He muttered to himself as his hands curled up.

Minna found herself in Republic space again, and even more surprising, in the Senate chambers. She was a Jedi once again, but not of the Republic. No, this time she stood with [member="Graxin Rade"] under the Ession, and although they were about to ally with the Republic, whom she distrusted with all her heart, she recognized the need for an alliance and did not forsake Graxin for his decision to call for one. For the short time she had known of him, the Yodaling found the Archlord to be a leader worthy of her respecting and loyalty. Which was why she had gone through the hassle of standing with her allies in this place of the Republic, most notably; [member="Krest"]. In silence she watched the proceedings, giving a supporting nod to Graxin's speech.

Armand sat in the Senate Lounge, watching the proceedings on a wide-screen Holonet monitor. No doubt this military alliance between the Republic and the Ession Reformation would be broadcast all over the capital as well as on the surrounding planets in Rebublic domain. He listened with much interest as most of the prominent senators and dignitaries were there and his own fate would be influenced by whatever decision would be made. He scanned the Senate for [member="Persephone Callas"] the Senator from his home-planet but she was not in person which was unfortunate because he was hoping to meet the Hapan beauty during this trip. But he didn't begrudge her reason for staying on Hapes. Hapes was insular and the political machinations were complex. If one was a politically minded matriarch it would be difficult to leave your post and be assured that the post would still be there when you got back.

[member="Persephone Callas"]
[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P

Graxin said nothing for a painfully long moment. A dangerous thing in the world of politics. His eyes narrowed to thin slits as he looked up to give [member="Alena Beswin"] his full attention.

"Nothing your soldiers do not already receive. Access to barracks, a separate area for our Graug to bed down and -"

The Archlord gave a moment of pause.

"I would like one of their Dark Lord's voices alive. Which one does not matter. The Army of Light will use this voice to show the galaxy the atrocities of the Sith. Other than that, we want nothing. The Sith need to be destroyed, and the Republic preserved."

That was that. The Ession Reformation and its allies needed nothing. Ession itself was the little Coruscant of the Outer Rim, and the allies that made up the Army of Light were all self-sustaining.

Regardless, one final thought needed to be voiced.

"People need to know what the Sith are. Before the last Sith Empire, few average folk actually remembered what the Sith were. Recordings of some world they could never care about being destroyed isn't enough. Make the campaign against them personal."

He drew in a deep breath. Perhaps it was time to stop talking?

"Show the people that the Sith will never stop. Get a Togorian spokesman to tell the galaxy of the genocide Zambrano committed unto his people just because he could. Show them the young mother whose child was wrenched away to become a Sith Acolyte. Show them that the Sith are not like us, that they do not care about morality, personal choice, or anything other than their own desires."

"The Sith will use our sons and daughters to breed heirs and toss them aside. They will burn worlds because they want to see what color a slagged planet might be. They will steal children from families for their own sick pleasures. Show them what the Sith truly are. They won't stop with us. The galaxy is not safe until they are eradicated."

He fell silent as his mother, [member="Feena Mason"], spoke. A lump formed in his throat when she spoke of Felicity. He loved his little sister dearly, and had been overjoyed when she's come to train under him on Ession.

To have her abducted by the One Sith for force knows what was...

Graxin held his tongue, and breathed a heavy sigh. [member="Rusken Shaxx"] gave his approval, and helped to bolster the young Lord's confidence.

So long as they were united, there was hope.

"Whatever process your people need done, I will do it."

Graxin's serious expression shifted as he cracked a confident smile.

"The next time the Sith move for war, they will find the the armies of the galaxy waiting for them with smiles on our faces, and arms wide open, welcoming them to their end."

[member="Glyph"]

[member="Feena Mason"]

[member="Alyesa Praxon-Organa"]

[member="Kotkas Adelaar"]

[member="Persephone Callas"]

[member="Rusken Shaxx"]

[member="Krest"]

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

[member="Niamh Raste"]

[member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"]

[member="Preliat Mantis"]

[member="Varus Shatterstar"]

[member="Rexus Drath"]

[member="Veino Garn"]

[member="Zane Watts"]

[member="Gherron Vael"]

[member="Sochi Ru"]

"There is one condition."

Preliat's eyes fixated on [member="Feena Mason"], [member="Graxin Rade"], and whoever he felt like looking at beneath his helmet. The archaic, older model of Beskar'gam suited him well.

"The Army Of Light disbands when our job is finished."

"Well, that seems to be the issue isn't it? Every time the army disbands, what do we get? More and more Sith popping up left and right. To disband it again is to welcome the Sith back to try again, and perhaps this time get around and destroy one of these groups before the army can reform." Krest spoke up for once, casting a glance to [member="Preliat Mantis"] . He'd then turn his gaze to [member="Graxin Rade"] , nodding once.

"I call for a treaty. The ability to conscript the factions here into the Army Of Light when and if the Sith, or any other major threat, comes into play again. No more elongated meetings, but a simple 'The Sith are here, we all attack now.'" Krest would pause before offering a shrug. "Just a thought."

"If another threat comes. We make another Army of Light. That's the terms of my involvement and anyone under me. Simple as that."He turned his head towards @Krest.

"Seems like you don't have a good idea of the Sith or how they work. This Army isn't about destroying Sith. You can't destroy Sith, because the Sith aren't a single entity. As long as force users exist- so will the Sith. Simple as that. This is about destroying the One Sith."

" [member="Preliat Mantis"] correct? Forgive me, but I'm not sure on your name. But the Sith.. They will always be a threat. A quick way to deal with them before they end up like the One Sith would be a good idea, no?" Krest offered a slight shrug before looking to the rest of the group here. "Your thoughts on this matter?"

"Well it seems simple to me," Xavzen spoke up when [member="Krest"] asked his question that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, "It's like said, there will always be Sith, so long as darkness resides in people, and as such the sensible idea would be to be ready for them when they rear their ugly heads. Not to sit around waiting for permission to take the fight to them, allowing them to grow stronger, costing more innocents their lives then there should ever be and I pledged my life to protecting the innocents and if I can help them even when I'm dead by speaking up now, well, here I am. I call for the treaty suggested, Its the only right choice really." Taking a slow look around the chamber, Xavzen bowed in an over the top manner, to mock the masses of authority in the room. "Sorry if I spoke out of term, Lords, Ladies and Others." The apology was accompanied by a cheeky smirk that cancelled out said apology.

[member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Graxin Rade"]

"I don't do much thinking, @Krest. I do a lot of killing and of doing. The quickest way to destroy a Sith threat is to solve it. We're here because everyone else failed to solve it. We even failed to solve it."He stared at Krest.

"I'm hoping we won't ever need to be in the same room again, discussing this."

He glared at [member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"], but said nothing. He found him pretentious. He wanted to punch him.

"I'm here to destroy the One Sith. You idiots can do what you want after that."

When Xavzen saw [member="Preliat Mantis"] glaring at him he offered him a cheeky salute before responding, "You may want to only deal with the One Sith, but what about when the Sith raise themselves up from whatever hole they slid into? Will you let them do what the One Sith are doing now and not take action? I know I would want there to always be some sort of response to them, immediately after they start their campaign and prevent them from tearing apart families and planets, as the One Sith are doing now. You say you want to destroy the One Sith, they are the Sith and to destroy them we must fight every time. My opinion stands firm. Allow the Treaty to form and take the fight to the roots of the One Sith, the Sith themselves." Xavzen finished his little speech by glaring at [member="Preliat Mantis"] with a challenging smirk growing across his face.

[member="Graxin Rade"], no matter what anyone else in this room might have to say about it, was probably the best speech-maker that Zane knew. That delivery was enough to send chills down his spine. The guy was good, of that the clone had no doubt. He'd been practising. Had he penned it himself? If so, he needed to borrow his expertise.

It was high time for the Supreme Commander to step up. High past time, in fact. He had a job to do here; the Republic was debating military treaties and policies. His input was required. The Senate could not commit to military action without the assistance of the chief of the military - and no matter what power the Senate thought they held, not a single starfighter or soldier launched operations without his signature.

It was time for him to bust out the eloquence and show off the fact that he'd been training.

There were so many pledging to the cause of this Army of Light, the dedicated mechanism with which to stop the implacable advance of the darkness.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the assembly. My name is Zane Watts, the new Supreme Commander of the Republic armed forces and unlike our esteemed colleague Lord Rade, I am nowhere near as well-spoken," he said. Levity in a situation like this? Whatever. It was what he knew. Better than forcing people to sit through a boring Senate session. He'd been there, man.

"Unlike many of my predecessors as Chief of the Military, I can touch the Force. I know what it means, I have seen its depths. I know the Dark and Light. I understand the stakes of this war... but more importantly I have seen its ideologies. Ladies and gentlemen, we are not just fighting soldiers. We are fighting an idea. For those of us with military experience, you all now see how foolish this can be."

"The Sith are an idea. The Jedi are an idea too. For those seeking to forever conquer the Sith - you will never succeed. The same way that you can never truly defeat the Jedi, as some in history have wished to believe: every time the Jedi are destroyed, someone with an idea takes it back up again. The Sith are the same. Time and time again we think them forever wiped out. For us to wipe out the Sith from this Galaxy, we would have to kill every single person who knows about the Sith, remove every trace of their knowledge from every corner of the Galaxy. I put it to the assembly that idea would not only be foolhardy, but impossible to accomplish - and lower us to their level. However, we aren't here to discuss ideology. We're here to welcome our allies in Ession and their banners under our roof and thank them for their willingness to approach us with their assistance on the path of right."

His hands folded in front of him as he stepped from [member="Alyesa Praxon-Organa"]'s side to address the assembly. This wasn't going to be easy. He didn't have a prepared speech. He was glad for her support, at least - it was why he'd stood by her, and with good reason. Zane nodded his head to Graxin, locking eyes with the man - a show of solidarity, no matter what. His hand gripped the rails. "I, Zane Watts, would pledge the military of the Republic to this Army of Light. For the defeat of the resurgent empire of the Sith, having seen them destroyed once before, would do anything to see their terror removed from the Galaxy. I wish for us to coexist with the major governments of the Galaxy, for peace to be more than a pipe dream."

Eyes cast around the chamber, looking for support from his fellow Jedi Knights, from their other allies around the Galaxy.

"Our people are being enslaved, forced to serve the will of twisted masters. To this end, I will fight alongside the Lord of Ession and his bannermen. I will stand by the side of the Mandalorians. I would ask my brothers in arms and my fellow Jedi to do the same, in the name of peace for this Galaxy. I will not run from this enemy. I will not cow before the supposed might of the Dark Side. I will fight them to my dying breath. I will gladly take this fight to the enemy if I must. And should they ever rise again I would see this Army of Light remain a beacon of hope for the rest of the Galaxy. A treaty would be preferable."

"To my colleagues in the Senate - what say you? Stand with me now. Let us free our people from the tyranny of Sith rule."

• [member="Glyph"]
  • [member="Feena Mason"]
  • [member="Kotkas Adelaar"]
  • [member="Persephone Callas"]
  • [member="Rusken Shaxx"]
  • [member="Krest"]
  • [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]
  • [member="Niamh Raste"]
  • [member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"]
  • [member="Preliat Mantis"]
  • [member="Varus Shatterstar"]
  • [member="Rexus Drath"]
  • [member="Veino Garn"]
  • [member="Gherron Vael"]
  • [member="Sochi Ru"]

[member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"] got a stare from Preliat like no other.

"You're an idiot. I don't know if you're really that dumb, or haven't been paying attention for the past few years."

Preliat listened to [member="Zane Watts"] speak, and crossed his legs, leaning back in the chair, clucking his tongue beneath his helmet.

"The Republic has not been successful in attacking the One Sith- or defending, as of late. Can we expect better results from your pledge to us?"

Joshua agreed with the words of his associate, Graxin... And even with those of Zane Watts, who he had not seen in an age. He was, admittedly, uncomfortable in a room of Senators and representatives. The political world was not one that Josh wished to revisit, but... Desperate times called for desperate measures.

But, there were people still not convinced...

Finally, from Graxin's side, the Jedi Master, the former Grandmaster of the Jedi Order... Would step forward. Off came his hood, revealing his face to the world, for the first time in a long time... And then, after standing there in silence, listening to this whole thing... He would speak.

"My name.... Is Joshua DragonsFlame. I am, by all means, a Jedi Master. I have lived by the Jedi Code, by it's tenants, by the tenants the Jedi have lived by... For as long as I can remember. THIS... Has been my life since I was small!" He would finally speak, an introduction that resounded around the room. Nobody had expected DragonsFlame to speak... Not even himself. But his words rang out and rang true. "I have spent my life trying to handle everything, even the Sith... In a peaceful way. War has never been my thing. Needless bloodshed has been the bane of my existence, and when I was the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, the one that is associated with you, the Republic... I did all in my power to prevent it"

"But... Times change. Measures have to be taken. pledge my loyalty to this Army Of Light!" He would unveil. "I have lived by tenants and ideals for my entire life, and now... I FIGHT! No more will I let the Sith destroy the very thing that I have loved SO MUCH for my entire life! But for the people who still doubt this Army Of Light, it's capabilities, and what it can do for our fight against the Sith... Ask yourself this.... Look at me! I have lived my life preaching peace and trying to bring nothing but peace in the most nonviolent way that I can... Even against Sith. If I trust the Ession Reformation, and the Army Of Light enough to forsake that... To forsake my life's work, what I have worked toward for so long... What reason do you have to doubt it?" He would inquire. "I have served, served, and done nothing but serve the Republic and the Jedi for so long. This army of light... Is our best chance to take down the Sith. The Ession Reformation, The Republic... Together, as one, one army, one union... One fighting force, to end this Sith takeover of the galaxy... This.. Jedi Purge that is slowly beginning to take effect. It has to end" He would finish. His words held passion in them... Passion was something that Jedi weren't supposed to have, but it was something he had broken for one reason and one reason only...

It was something that he believed in. It had drawn him out of his self-imposed exile for one reason... To fight the Sith. To break every tenant, every rule... And go to war.

He would nod in respect toward Graxin before stepping back once again. He had said his piece...

Placeholder 0123

P

A treaty to disband the Army of light after the Sith were rendered obsolete? A possibility, to be sure, but was it the right one.

The Archlord said nothing as he mused over the possibilities. Others spoke up with their opinions, and Graxin listened in turn.

He had not much to say on the matter, but there was something.

"We should be ready to reunite whenever the Sith show themselves, but once the One Sith are destroyed, I see little reason to stay so highly militarized."

"And what of Peace after the One Sith have been lulled?", Varus asked, nothing thinking to be silent and let more deserving men speak. His voice rising up through the room had even surprised himself, and for a moment he stood stunned as many eyes turned on him as they expected him to expound upon his outburst.

He wasn't sure how to find the words, though he knew they would come. He had a point to make, though he was well aware that, in many ways, others in that very room might wholeheartedly disagree. He didn't care who did, though. He had wanted to be the kind of man with the power and the permission to do whatever he could for those deserving of support. Those deserving of assistance when it was needed. He didn't care if helping some other faction, not entirely unlike the Republic as far as alignment was concerned, got him killed. As long as what he was doing was right and for the greater good, he'd risk his life at the drop of a hat. Before it even touched the ground.

"If we manage to smudge out the blemish the One Sith have become on this Galaxy what then? Our treaty is dissolved and then what? We wait until we crowd one another enough that one of us goes to war with the other?", he asked as he stepped forwards, a lump rising and falling across his throat as he gulped, but maintained his composure. "Or will one of our factions be thrust into hardship, their plea falling on the deaf ears of men they once called allies?", he asked, continuing his point.

"I won't stand idol again. I have friends beyond the Republic that I'll help, treaty or not, when such aid is a necessity.", he said as his cobalt eyes glanced over at [member="Graxin Rade"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom