Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Archivist and the Protector

Zion Krayt

Z
Walking through the halls of Tython's Temple, the Jedi Knight that was the Protector of Tython was heading towards the Jedi's library. Word had spread that many Jedi had fallen upon Empress Teta, Masters primarily. Those who had been captured were only a handful, but they were Padawans and they still needed saving. Zaren was certain there was something that was going to rise up and out of the shadows soon enough.

There weren't as much Jedi within Tython's Temple. They were mostly older Jedi Knights and Masters, those who had proven their loyalty to the Order and were trustworthy enough to keep the location of Tython hidden. However, Zaren didn't feel that that could be said about every Jedi Master that was within the Order these days.

That's why his journey brought him to Tython finally. Back home, but it was not for fun. It wasn't to enjoy the powerful nexuses of the planet, or to relax, many things upon Tython were endangered. Tython itself, and it's reservoir of knowledge.

He walked into the Archives of the Jedi Academy, long legs carrying him past the droid that was placing datapads on the shelves. There were few Padawans searching for knowledge, and when he had asked, he had been directed more or less to the back of the Jedi's Library, for that was the location of [member="Phylis Alince"]. When he had gotten there, he was certain his anxiousness was evident enough in the Force, and was certain the Councillor would come to him.

It would be better to not overstep his position as a simple Knight of the Order.

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]
Phylis Alince, truthfully, wasn’t really paying attention to anxious knights. Rather, she was trying to contain her exasperation at the seeming inability of Padawans to use their heads. No wonder they were running off to the Sith. In Phylis’ severe opinion, anyone who just left things lying around was already half way to the Dark Side anyway.

Finally though, something of the outside world crept into her mind and she turned. A vaguely familiar Jedi Knight was standing there anxiously.
She crossed to him. “Ah, Zoran, right?” she asked hopefully. “Or was it Zeran? Zyran? Well, nice to see you again. Hmm, what brings you here?” she asked, peering at him.

Zion Krayt

Z
"Bishop." He said to stop her from continuing with his supposed names. He was a secretive fellow, and the fact that the Jedi Master knew it made him wonder, but she was upon the Council, and an Archivist, most likely a Consular in that case, she must likely had some form of foresight about her.

"The loss of Jedi Masters, traitors, etcetera." He explained softly. "I'm here to ask you to give me those artifacts that were brought here in the event that those Jedi who had betrayed the Order do not let the location of Tython be known to the Sith. If they find out, we will be incapable of stopping them I'm certain, and it is my duty as a Jedi Knight to protect the Jedi of this planet, and it's records."

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]
Since this writer had no idea that she was not supposed to use his name, it shall be chalked down to Phylis’ usual confusion about things. Probably.
Regardless, she peered at him critically. “Hmmph, and where will you take them, hmm? The loss of so many Jedi recently is disturbing, but I don’t think you understand how big a task moving these things are. The archives contain thousands of items which might be considered dangerous, and the activity of moving them all will draw attention, and unless your next hiding place is particularly strong and secret I am not sure how it will help.”

“Fortunately, ‘Bishop’, I have long been considering this issue. I would like to hear yours first though.”

Zion Krayt

Z
He clasped his hands behind his back whilst she spoke to him. He understood her position, but he still had to do something, anything, to minimize the possible danger that could come from the Sith retrieving the holocrons upon the planet. His plan had actually been to bring them to Ossus, and other Jedi Temples scattered through the galaxy, but then it hit him.

"The Jedi Praxeums. The starships. The Sith can't possibly track those since only it's Gatekeeper and our Grandmaster know it's location, and scheduled arrivals." He explained excitedly. It hadn't even occurred to him, but when she had been speaking, it had seemed like the best idea. "I don't need to take all of the items, only some or most, the most important ones will go to the Kenobi Praxeum Ships, and then the rest will be scattered here, and within other Temples."

He paused again, thinking of how long it would take to move everything, and then he said, "how big could these artifacts be? May I see them, Master Alince?"

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]
Phylis sniffed slightly. “I would need authorisation…and persuading…from Master Grayson before any such activity was undertaken,” she said rather stiffly.
“Your motive is good, but your method has some unforeseen dangers, and what’s more, news always gets out. Do you have authorisation from the Grand Master?”

Zion Krayt

Z
He nodded his head in reply.

The Jedi Knight's hand dipped into his utility belt and he took out his holotransmittered. With it, he was already puttig in the frequency to the Jedi Grandmaster's own holotransmitter. When [member="Kiskla Grayson"] answered the call, the Jedi Knight placed the holotransmittered upon the closer table and stood beside [member="Phylis Alince"] so it got the both of them in the shot, and he said, "Master Grayson. I believe it within the best interests of the Jedi to take whatever artifacts, and important information here, and bring them to the Kenobi Praxeum Ships." He said with a small inclination of his body since he had forgotten the customary greeting.

"It is my reasoning that since the Gatekeeper and you are the only ones who know the locations and the scheduled arrivals of the Praxeum Ships, that it is the best option. Asmundr is loyal beyond measure, that much is for certain, and since he never leaves the ship, and you're the only other person to know important information about the ships, I believe it is the best idea to hide this information upon the Praxeums."

Transmissions were the texting equivalent on Tython -- and by extension, the entire galaxy. Whatever Kiskla was doing, a blue silhouette manifested in miniature form to [member="Phylis Alince"] and [member="Zaren Bouqi"]. Two protectors of history, respectively.

He didn't beat around the bush with his request, which she was thankful for. Her light eyes flicked in the direction of her fellow councillor and she pursed her lips in thought.

"All of them?" Her question was in reference to the artifacts. The praxeum ships were a perpetually mobile location. It never rested longer than a handful of days in a single location, and was protected by an oracle.

"I understand your motives for this. The Archives have been cleansed more than once--- and while we are working to recover what belongs to us, it's wise to protect what is already ours. Master Alince was very keen when doing this on Coruscant.

But perhaps a single location, be it Tython or the Praxeums, is not the alternative. Maybe a well-planned allocation and division.

Master Alince, what are your thoughts?"

[member="Kiskla Grayson"]
[member="Zaren Bouqi"]
Phylis had thoughts on this alright. Big thoughts!

“Grandmaster, I can hardly see that loading all the archives, or even all the ‘important artefacts’ – however we determine that anyway – will help us. The Praxeum ships are the size of Star Destroyers, requiring tens of thousands of crew, droids and requiring frequent restocking. It will get out pretty quickly that there’s some reason why these ships are always randomly jumping to hyperspace. Someone will talk and Star Destroyer or no, those ships are more vulnerable than the Temple here on Tython. We have vaults here which can resist even the heaviest bombardment and more protection against invaders as well.”
She shook her head definitely. “No, that would be unwise, worse, hasty.”

“I have been conducting a digitisation and copy process on all the archives which I can, and the only things I cannot do this for are Holocrons and other Force imbued items. When that is done I strongly suggest we move all of these items to secure storage in a remote, isolated location. Once we have copies and digital representations of everything the originals are no longer needed. For the Force imbued items, we must be more careful. So my plan is to make it appear as though we are moving the items to a Praxeum ship, whereas what we will actually do is move them somewhere even more secure.”
Her eyes flicked to Zaren. One could never be too sure in these days of revolving door allegiances who could be trusted….

Zion Krayt

Z
"Of course what you have said makes sense, Master Alince." He said with a polite smile. What he said was genuine, there was no reason for him to lie or to harbour dislike for her simply because she didn't agree with his idea. They were a large Order, it was relatively impossible for them to all agreeing with each other upon one subject. At least a subject like this.

"However, the Gatekeeper will not tell the enemy of the jumps. He's a stalwart Protector. Also, the Grandmaster is the only one who knows the location of the and arrival times of these ships. The only way word can get out is if the Grandmaster was captured. I'm certain no Sith ship would be able to cross Republic Space unnoticed. It'll be stopped, surely. I say this because having these ships moving along the borders defeats it's purpose if they can be easily intercepted. The vaults haven't been tested by the power of the Sith, Master Alince. As much as I'd like to think that Tython's Defense would hold, what happened on Coruscant, Empress Teta? If it were not for the impatience of the Sith at Carida, I'm certain they would have eventually broken our defense fleet and taken the planet. I do not say this lightly, how many Jedi have we lost to the One Sith? What is stopping them from breaking Tython's defense and then breaking into these vaults? The Sith didn't bombard Coruscant and Empress Teta to beat us, they did it because they were more prepared. Are you certain these vaults can even withstand the power of so many Sith Lords?"

For a moment he stopped pausing whilst he thought back to the force vision that he had been granted underneath Yinchorr's Jedi Temple after Hawk Hinata had brought him there to be Knighted. What he had seen that day had changed the outgoing teenager that had been Zaren Bouqi into what he was today. He no longer believed that the Jedi win simply because they are the good guys, no longer did he believe that life was a simple holofilm. No, he took it for how he saw it now. And he would continue to do so until the Republic had actually won engagements whilst they were upon the offensive.

"Your plan of tricking would be betrayers is wise however, and I agree that they should be moved to a more secure location, but if not the Praxeum Ships, where else?"

[member="Phylis Alince"], [member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Kiskla's blue projection dropped her hands to her hips.

"Ruusan has a temple that could provide vaults for the items you cannot copy, Master Alince. Though, this is your niche; I'm sure you've already considered some locations?

The Praxeums are well-protected, but like everything there are holes; which Councillor Alince pointed out. The idea of a faux move to them would work." So long as the students on-board weren't jeopardized.

"Tython was indeed once a protected planet, unknown to those who were not Jedi Masters or elevated Knights. But with the recent treacheries to our ranks, it's seclusion has become jeopardized. I insist urgency on this decision between us."

[member="Phylis Alince"] | [member="Zaren Bouqi"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom