Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Anubis: Anubis-type Heavy Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nyx512.jpg

Image from EVE Online

Intent: To create a unique ship for the Order of the Black Hand to utilize as their faction flagship
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/17541-forging-a-new-beginning/
Manufacturer: Subach-Innes
Model: Heavy Cruiser
Affiliation: Black Hand
Modularity: Yes
Production: Unique
Material: Quadanium steel(frame), durasteel(hull)
Description: A specialized ship, the Anubis, an Anubis-type Heavy Cruiser('type' representing its uniqueness as a starship), was designed for the Order of the Black Hand as a specialized starship. Built in the shipyards of Mon Calamari, located in the Hand-friendly territory of Darth Vazela, the Anubis utilizes a particularly powerful 2:1 ratio matter/antimatter reactor as its primary power source.

However, that reactor is primarily for speed and shielding. The main weapons of the Anubis are mass drivers and flak guns, guaranteed to give most ships(with weaker particle shields thanks to a lack of common projectile-based weapons) a nasty surprise when engaged in ship-to-ship combat. While the weapons are a surprise, they are admittedly ammo-filled, requiring more frequent resupplying than a ship without them. This theoretically limits its effectiveness in long-term battles.
Classification: Capital
Role: Flagship
Height: 200m
Width: 750m
Length: 1000m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: 2:1 ratio matter/antimatter reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1 (Class 9 backup)
Minimum Crew: 1500
Optimal Crew: 6000
Armaments:
Mass driver battery(30)
Ion cannon(30)
Flak gun(30)
Heavy warhead launcher(12)
Tractor beam(8)

Hangar: N/A
Non-Combative Attachments: Sensors, shields
Passenger Capacity: 500
Cargo Capacity: 5000 metric tons
Consumables: 3 years
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 6

First and foremost, if you designed this as a Imperial-I Star Destroyer look alike, don't be surprised if Kuat Drive Yards comes stomping by.

My first issue is that a flagship, no matter its size, is going to require a dev thread. This is the central ship that a faction is building its fleet around. This should be roleplayed and put in a thread. This is non-negotiable.

The next issue at hand is the name. While we're fairly lax in that regard, naming a ship after a well-known IP, in this case a Decepticon from Transformers, is asking for trouble. I strongly recommend you rename it.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Though the dev thread is of sufficient size, there is nothing in it that would speak to this ships ability to smelt ammunition on the field; a notion that is in itself fairly outrageous as the only other example of such technology comes from the World Devastators. In light of that, I'm going to have to ask that this feature be removed.

Normally I'd ask for the back up to be lowered to 10 or less (as is the community standard). However, you've been very accommodating so we'll waive that detail. As well, given that this is a flagship, I'll sign off on it being a Speed 6, though most Heavy Cruisers are going to be a 7.

Approved, pending a second approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom