Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Alchemy Lab

This planet was once a verdant, beautiful world, untouched by any company or faction seeking resources or land. But there were other threats to nature beyond the fires of industry, perils more subtle in their methods.

The moment Ishani set forth on its soil, Ishani felt it. Something—or more likely someone—had poisoned this world. She smelled it in the air, a miasma that chilled her despite the warmth of the summer sun.

What's more, it was too quiet. As she walked through the forests, she heard no sound save the wind rustling through the leaves and the occasional crack of a twig under her feet. No birds singing, no rodents scurrying through the undergrowth, no predators on the hunt or prey scratching in their burrows to hide.

In that silence, Ishani made a vow. Regardless of her original goals in coming here, she would find the source of the corruption and end it.

370d9lz.png

Clawing, clinging darkness. Firerreo hummed softly as he walked through the tainted woods. His last lab had been found by a Jedi. A shame. All that work, wasted. No, not wasted. Just destroyed. At least he still had his notes. .. Did he have his notes? His gaze shifted to the bumbling figure of flesh beside him, glaring after a moment. "Where are my notes?" Horus fumbled around, eventually pulling out the skin bound journal he kept.

"Ah good." His shoulders relaxed. Firrerreo continued forward, his wings clinging to his body like a flowing cloak. They actually looked like a cloak. Function and fashion. Who could deny such a wonderous achievement!? .. Oh wait, weren't the trees here alive?

His gaze shifted towards one of the trees close by. Roots hovered around him as bark twisted and shattered into a near teeth like appearance. Right. That was the first thing he'd done. Give life and a desire for flesh to the trees. He raised a hand, his gaze narrowing. "Oh stop."

The area around him immediately flattened. The tree, several others, just gone. Crushed so completely to the ground that no trace remained.

".. Is the stove still on in the lab?" He turned his gaze to Horus, tilting his head. "I don't remember."

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Swathed in a cloak made from a special silk that made her presence slippery in the Force, Ishani didn't expect to be noticed yet. So when a sizable portion of the woods around her were abruptly flattened into mulch, she threw up a shield around herself and cursed the one who had sold her the cloth, believing she'd been conned. It had cost her a considerable amount of credits, too.

But as the dust settled, nothing came after her. Ishani looked around at the remnants of the forest. Had she not been the intended target of the blast?

She heard a voice somewhere off to her left.

".. Is the stove still on in the lab? I don't remember."

Pulling down her hood, she started to approach the source of the sound.

370d9lz.png

"N.. No.. I don't think you.." Horus trailed off. The misshapen figure stared in the distance. Towards the figure that had just appeared. Golden brown eyes flashed with momentary recognition to Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn , though that was gone as he was swiftly thrown some distance away. Firrerreo's expression was one of pure disgust.

"You finish your sentences when you speak to me." The Sith's hand fell as he let out annoyed huff, turning his gaze to where Horus had been staring off. Only to see a woman. That he couldn't feel in the Force. Interesting. Was that why the trees hadn't devoured her yet? Or had she killed them on her way here? The first meant an obvious weakness he'd overlooked for his recent batch of plants.

The later meant she was the curious one.

He turned, head tilted to the side.

"Who might you be?"

370d9lz.png

She seemed harmless enough. Unless she had something that was blocking her connection. Did she? She had to. She looked weak. No, looks were misleading. Firrerreo stood, blank in expression as he went through his thoughts. At first. Then annoyance quickly spread through. He raised a hand, pointing a finger towards Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn .

"Perfected."

"Poisoned," she corrected. "What made you think you had the right to meddle with this world is beyond me. But it ends now."

Her arm slipped out of her cloak, and she summoned her sword into her hand.

"Leave this place, or I'll send whatever is left of you into space."

370d9lz.png

The annoyance in Firrerreo's expression only twisted into disgust as Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn dared to correct him. He kept his finger pointed at her as a small spark formed. Fire, red and burning, erupted in the air. Then shrunk to a point. The red bead, swirling in the reds and oranges of the flame it had been, flew out. Rushing towards the woman to detonate in an explosion of heat.

370d9lz.png

"Oh?"

The empty feeling of the Force leaving him. What an interesting sensation. A beautiful sensation! A grin, but not one of joy, twisted along his features. The blade came, and he reached out. Part of his 'cloak' unfurled, a wing forming to catch the blade against it.

"You're one of those people. Interesting. Interesting! What else can you do? Is this permanent? Oh, permanent would be such a hindrance for me. I like this body." Another wing shot out, curling under the first to slam into Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn 's gut.

She had successfully impaired his fireball-lobbing, at least for the time being. But he was still a mutant, with many alterations to his body that she'd have to worry about. So far, the wings were posing a problem.

He caught her blade with one and struck her in the stomach with the other. Again, it bounced off her shield—but she didn't want to be screwing around. The shield could only take so much before it failed her.

She blocked and parried any further blows with her blade, largely ignoring the questions he threw her way. Except one.

"What else can you do?"

"I wouldn't push my luck if I were you." She aimed a thrust at his neck, hoping to impale him through the throat.

370d9lz.png

The mutant strength behind his blows continued. Two more wings emerged, whipping around like cloth but striking like solid objects again and again against Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn 's blade. All the while absentmindedly stroking his chin, deep in thought.

"I wouldn't push my luck if I were you."

The blade sank through his throat. But he didn't seem to notice. Not at first. Then he blinked, turning his gaze down to where the blade was currently impaled. No blood leaked from the wound. Instead he reached up, grabbing the blade with his bare hand to slowly remove it.

"You know sharp things are dangerous." His wings spread out, swinging around to slam into the woman. A large shadow drifted over head as he cracked his neck, casually as the wound knitted itself together.

"Why are you even here? Just to bother me?"

Oh, bullshit.

Such were her thoughts as he took her stabbing him through the throat, then casually removed her Force-imbued blade. A sword that could even wound spirits and other incorporeal beings had no effect on this fether?

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit—

His wings battered her. Warning alarms blared as her shields were reduced to almost nothing. She struggled to release her blade from his grasp, ignoring his questions, but it was no use. She was not physically strong enough to compete with him, not on her own.

Her eyes narrowing, she called upon the Force in a way she hadn't for nearly four years.

Fire raced along the blade, supernatural and ferocious. She hoped it would make him let go—but if not, she could always drop it herself. It would vanish back into the Nether without her hands to grasp it. She'd be left temporarily unarmed, but at least he wouldn't have it.

370d9lz.png

"Do you know why people go after the head? Because it's a sure fire kill. A head shot, destroy the brain. Sever it from the body. Death. All equal death. A perfect weakness. But it doesn't work for a perfect being." Fire erupted along the blade, and he was quick to let it go. Hissing in annoyance as he cast the weapon aside. His wings curled in, once more flowing like a robe around his ashen colored skin.

".. What happened to my trees?" His gaze shifted, focusing on the ruined landscape around them. Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn was forgotten as anger rippled through his mind. "Who would dare destroy my project? Do you know how long it took to make these? A whole day, wasted! Wasted!" The anger, like his memory, was short lived. The tremor in the Force that started causing the flattened landscape to tremble stopped.

"Oh well. Horus? We'll start somewhere new. .. Horus? Oh, right. I threw him."

Though her fire trick worked, Ishani soon found herself unceremoniously yeeted away along with her fiery blade. Thankfully there were no trees around for her to slam into, but she hit the ground rather hard.

He was raving. Picking herself up and shaking herself off, she glared at him. This guy really was looney, wasn't he? She'd be putting him out of his misery.

He didn't seem to like fire. Well, she'd kill him with fire.

Charging again, she swung her sword at his back, hoping to set his wings ablaze.

370d9lz2.png

"You should look up."

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn charged, and Firrerreo didn't move. Didn't have to. The shadow from above grew larger as a new danger came. Swooping from the heavens, right for the woman, was none other than Uzul, the Cirmuhai. The seventh or so. He had a bad habit of killing them himself, either by accident or on purpose. Or was this the same one forcibly brought back to life?

Bah, he didn't care.

Instead he just grinned, staring over his shoulder as the large creature brought it's claws down to defend it's master.

He'd just dropped a dragon on her.

The son of a witch just dropped a fething dragon on her.

... Well, feth this.

Wrapping herself in her cloak, she fled. There were no hiding spots nearby, not even trees to get behind. In an act of pure desperation, she cloaked herself with the Force—a power she'd been taught back the Sith Academy, but hadn't used since she took her vows as a Mystic, for obvious reasons.

She'd already broken her vows when she channeled fire into her blade, and before that, in the Netherworld she had used telekinesis to stop the rocks from crushing Arlo. That was three strikes against her now.

As the Force bent light to hide her from view, it occurred to her that she was no longer a Mystic. She had disobeyed their code in more ways than one. Perhaps it was high time she accepted that fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom