Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Adventures of Snotface and Goofball - Unexpected News

"There are videos out on the holonet about their warcrimes. I made a couple of them myself, to help spread the word and gain more recruits. And they seem to be working, for we are gaining more support and members almost every day. And with other large governments requesting meetings with me, well...it just has to be for support. I can't see it all as a ruse for them to hand me over to the Empire on a silver platter." Lori didn't want to be some kind of prize to be given to her enemies. The Empire was sure to make a huge display of her execution in order to bring down the Rebellion.

She felt as though Caedyn Arenais was almost giving her an order when he mentioned staying in close contact from this point on. She was about to give him a mock salute, but once more held it all back. He cared. He wanted to see her more. She really couldn't afford to push him away, even for his own safety. He was her only family left and she was his, having not been told about Valen Arenais yet.

"Alright, but let's try not to get other Silvers involved, okay? I don't need to be the cause of the invasions of here and Commenor. The only wars that I want to fight are in the Empire's territories." Invasions were bound to happen at some point, but as long as her actions weren't the cause of it, than all the better.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn nodded at the mention of holonet recordings, suddenly recalling a number of news articles he had browsed as well as a more recent interview that Loreena had been involved in. Personally, being in the media wasn't his style of doing things but he couldn't fault that it was an opportunity to reach out to the masses and garner some influence.

"I guess I should pay more attention to the holonet, huh" he replied with a quiet laugh, leaning back into his seat and looking off passed their booth for a moment in consideration. Truth be told, Caedyn never put much stock in what the Holonet shared with the Galaxy. The media was an influence upon the public that was viable to manipulate and do more damage than good, yet despite this concern, he could still sift through the gossip and news to find fact from fiction with reasonable proof behind most stories.

"I agree...-I'll be quite happy to keep politics out of this situation" Caedyn responded, more than happy to comply with Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ' wish to keep the Silver Jedi Concord unaffiliated with the Eclipse Rebellions plight against the Eternal Empire. Today his Padawan was older and far more independent than she had been, and the Silver Jedi Concord had its own issues between the Bryn'adul and the political disagreements of their neighbouring powers. Caedyn was entirely fine with being able to put some distance between himself and politics for a while, to take a stand for what was right without the moral line being blurred by such things.

Lori snickered a little, sitting up more in her chair. She was feeling a bit better again, and less under the attack. With her way of life, she had to pay attention to the holonet, for the Eternal Empire was using it to brandish herself, Caedyn Arenais and the Eclipse Rebellion as terrorists that needed to be captured and/or killed. She needed to be kept informed so that she'd know if she was going to be targeted outside of Eternal Empire space. Right now that was basically a no-go-zone.

"The Eternal Empire will probably do what it can to turn it into a political affair so that they can use that to further brandish me as a terrorist and have not only them, but the Silvers try to stop the Rebels too. That's why they are claiming that we've gone after civilians when we haven't. We strive for military targets." Yet it seemed that no matter what Lori was trying, the Empire would find some angle to brandish her as the evil one. But she supposed that in their point of view, she probably was.

And there had been times when she had been locked up where she doubted herself and questioned what she was doing. Was it all worth it? The answer was always yes.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Well....The Concord can hold it's own, and the Silver Jedi Order would possibly deny any involvement, especially given I don't plan on informing them of what I'm getting involved in" Caedyn admitted to his Sister openly; "The less they know, the better off they will be should something like that ever go down..." he elaborated on his reasoning.

Caedyn loved the Order of the Silver Jedi, and in heart and mind he remained completely devoted to them...-Yet he had also grown weary of the political restraints within their own border, as well as the weight of which came from neighbouring powers that put too much influence over the duties of the Silver Jedi in the Galaxy today.

He had come to the decision that he required some time and space, and the certainty that his future actions will bring some good without being muddied by the political ambitions and pursuits of those with hidden agenda's. Helping his Sister had provided the perfect opportunity to get away and do just that.

"Any idea of where I should start?" He asked curiously, wondering what his first move should be in helping Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun and the Eclipse Rebellion in their plight against the Eternal Empire.

Lori giggle-snorted. "The less they know, then better huh? Now you're starting to sound like me." Was it going to be just like when they were younglings? The two of them would often go into the caves beneath their home, or run around to places where they shouldn't to practice their skills, to play and not get caught by their parents!

Now the consequences would be a lot more dire should they get caught, moreso than a simple grounding. But they'd be working together, taking risks together and having a Jedi like Caedyn Arenais around was never a bad idea. Especially in combat.

She tilted her head to the side a bit in thought at his question. It didn't take long for her to come up to an answer though. "Well, how about we look for a suitable base? Like on Endor like you suggested? I can get it set up with ships, anti-air turrets and everything. Since Kaine and Yasha died, Mandalarms was given to me. So there's....lots that can be utilized." So far Lori had only used the company to build her bow and arrows. She was still getting used to the fact that she was an executive of a major arms company.

Caedyn Arenais

C
To be honest, it was still difficult to believe that Kaine Australis was actually dead. It wasn't that he doubted his Sister at all, just that Kaine's personality was larger than life, for better or for worse. Caedyn had seen some of what Mandalarms could achieve within the field, and that kind of firepower was much safer in the hands of Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun than others who might abuse and use it for the wrong reasons. However and whenever it had happened, he was glad that Mandalarms was in her possession now, both for her safety as well as others out there.

"Endor sounds like a good start then, yeah I agree" Caedyn nodded. It was a small moon filled with forestation from what he had read in the Jedi Archives. It would be a good break from his typical day-to-day life, going out on an adventure with his Sister sounded like the bonding time they seriously needed these days where their lives had been so distanced from one another compared to when they were young.

"I'm happy to leave when you're ready" Caedyn added. Mnemosyne was an independent World that functioned without the Royal Family controlling it's every decision, the Parliamentary Government that was in place knew how to get in touch with Caedyn and his Sister since he had contacted them and assumed the monarchy title after their parents, yet he doubted they would need either of the twins for anything. It was comforting to know that he didn't have to take on the busy lifestyle that their parents had on Commenor.

It was settled then. They'd go to Endor. And as always Lori had to be mindful of Eternal Empire spies. Although she didn't think that she was followed here, one could never be too careful. Lori could never be too careful.

"I'm free to go whenever. Although, I think it's best to go in one of your ships. If I can somehow trick any spies that I'm staying here, there'd be less of a chance of our running off to Endor being noticed." Tunnels usually worked. Like her Mom, she was often a fan of the underground. It helped her to escape the Sith during the Siege of Commenor, not to mention the attack on Bakura, and her escape from one of the Eternal Empire's prisons. The underground meant escape and safety.

"It'll be a long journey. Perhaps you could teach me a bit about my Force Light ability and why Uncle Darlyn gets nervous when I use it." Lori always used it as a source of light, or to explode and cause a blinding distraction to help her to escape her enemies. She knew that her Dad was proficient in the skill as well. But just how he used it, she didn't know. It wasn't as though she could ask him.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"We can take the Repertoire" Caedyn agreed, the Corvette originally made for the twins yet somehow wound up being in Cae's position what with Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun having the Jasters Sparrow and her crew to manage and work alongside.

The ship didn't have any kind of fancy stealth systems or anything but it was a low profile civilian vessel with legitimate IFF tags unaffiliated with any of the major military organizations the Eternal Empire would be likely tracking in search for them both.

"I can tell you right now why Uncle Dar's worried about Force Light" Caedyn chuckled softly, "It's one of the more potent Lightside abilities used to expel Darkside Spirits or to negate the presence and abilities practised by Darksiders themselves" he explained; "Think of it in terms of literal light and darkness. The light casts the darkness out entirely. Force Light can do exactly that...-It's what made Dad such a powerful Jedi" he concluded with a smile, it being the one ability that Veiere had dedicated his time to, and Mastered.

Leaning back against his seat, Caedyn looked to the rest of the Diner for a moment in thought. As far as he was aware of, there was nothing left to be done on Mnemosyne until the documentation had been finalized and possession of their parents villa was passed over to the twins. It would take some time for the Mnemos House of Commons and Parliament to organize things for the new Monarchs to fall into their positions and authority over the planet...-At the end of the day, he couldn't see any reason why they had to put off their visit to Endor.

"The Repertoire's docked in the starport, we can get going whenever you're ready".

Lori's crew was more or less just herself and Arla. It's been that way for quite some time. Not everyone was able to commit to being a part of her crew, nor did they all wish to be a part of the Rebellion or like the idea of being tailed by the Eternal Empire.

Hearing that Force Light was some powerful ability struck her by surprise. She looked down at her hands for a moment, flexing and curling up her fingers as though the answers to her follow up questions were somehow hidden there. But they weren't of course. "Oh...and here I've usually been using it like a flashlight, or a distraction to blind my enemies for a moment to buy me some time. I guess those kinds of uses would make Jedi cringe, huh?"

Lori was used to being unorthidox. It was just her way. She couldn't be normal if she tried. It was difficult to fit in anywhere, so she just made her own place instead.

Caedyn Arenais basically copied her response to him from moments ago. They were both of the same mind to leave for Endor whenever. So she just took the initiative and got to her feet. "Alright then. Let's go."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Zun7oSO.jpg

Caedyn laughed quietly, "I don't think there's a right or a wrong way to use it...-You're not the type to abuse it" he replied with a smile as the pair of them got up, collected their things and started to make their way out.

From where they had spent the afternoon it was only a ten or fifteen-minute walk from the spaceport. Port Solaris was more than just a way in and out of Mnemosyne, it was a metropolis of a City and there were plenty of sights to check out along the way.

By the time the pair of them did eventually reach the Repertoire, Lexas was strolling down the loading ramp to greet them; "Greetings Master, the Repertoire is primed and ready for departure as soon as you're happy to leave".

"Great, thank you Lex" Caedyn replied to the droid, his co-pilot who assisted in the Corvette's cockpit as it required two sets of hands. Droids were much more reliable when you needed to be on the go at a moments notice, not to mention Lexus had become something of a friend more than a mere asset like some people tended to treat them.

"Wonderful to see you again Miss Arenais" Lexus greeted Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun as Caedyn moved to board the ship with the pair of them in tow. "I've readied your quarters should you be requiring the Reportoire for overnight stay".

Well she was certain that she wasn't using it the way that it was intended, that's for sure. Lori was used to getting things wrong in that regard, but Caedyn Arenais was right. She wouldn't abuse it. Yet maybe in the future she would try it a different way against a Darksider, instead of just as a bright light.

Lori followed along her brother, eyeing the people walking by, glad that she didn't seem to be recognized at all. The holos probably didn't reach this far east, which was a good thing. She didn't need them to be.

Once they had arrived at Cae's ship, Lori offered Lex a bit of a wave. "Hey. Call me Lori. Only my enemies like to call me Miss Arenais." Moreso to stick it to her, insult her and remind her of whose shadows she lived under. It was never meant as a term of respect or courtesy at all. So she didn't really like it anymore. "Thanks.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Of course, Miss Arenais" The droid replied, not out of disrespect but a habit of trying to be the opposite. Often times doing the same with Caedyn until the Jedi Knight had finally submitted and accepted the fact Lexus wasn't about to give it up.

"Lex, go and give the Hyperdrive a once over will you?" Caedyn called back from the Repertoire's corridor, hoping to spare his sister the frustration of arguing with a droid on his way to the cockpit; "Better to be safe than sorry..." he muttered under his breath, undecided whether he was talking about his Sister's wrath or the Hyperdrive and the possibility of it stalling during an untimely escape.

"Starport control. This is Caedyn Arenais of the Repertoire requesting clearance to depart" Caedyn spoke into the headset as he fell into the pilot's chair and began to fire up the Corvette's engines and primary systems. All systems came up green on the central monitor, to which Caedyn smiled and leaned back into his chair, his gaze leaving the controls and looking out the viewport of the cockpit awaiting confirmation.

Already he could hear the rolling metal ball that was Chip, his BB-Model astromech droid racing down the corridor to greet the Jedi Knight with a series of chirps and whistles, clearly happy to see Caedyn's return. "Hey buddy, yeah Lori's coming with us this time. We're headed out to Endor for a bit of sight-seeing" Caedyn sugar-coated the truth, not wanting to put the fear of the Force into the little droid. Thankfully Chip was too excited to find Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun to question their reasons, soon whistling loudly and racing back to track down Lori.

"Tell her to join me upfront will ya!" Caedyn called after the droid.

Lori just rolled her eyes. Next time she was just going to interupt the droid, or put a hand over it's mouth.

But that was for next time.

Instead she casually strolled through the ship, checking out every room and wondering if Caedyn Arenais would ever live in a ship like she did. And if so, for how long?

Those thoughts were interrupted by the little BB unit and for a brief second she thought it was her own little friend 6-10. It was kind of funny how both twins living very separate lives ended up having droid companions and was more or less on their own.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." She followed the little droid up to the cockpit where her brother was preparing for take off and sat down in an adjacent seat. "Should I buckle up? Or are you a better pilot now?" Lori giggle-snorted just like old times.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Should I buckle up? Or are you a better pilot now?"
Caedyn snorted a laugh in dry amusement, Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun not having had the chance to mock his piloting skills in many a year now. He hoped that he had improved since back then! "I'm not going to crash land her through the tree's like Bradshaw did back on Commenor, don't you worry" Caedyn replied with a smirk. The Twins hadn't been very old back then, but it was a story that had hung about as long as Bradshaw had, up until he and Rae-Anna had left them.

Receiving confirmation, Caedyn returned his concentration to the controls, responding his acknowledgement through the headset before guiding the Repertoire's ascent from the landing pad and soon the thrusters picked up, leading them higher and higher until they were travelling up through the clouds.

"The Repertoire's IFF Codes are civilian, so I don't expect we'll be meeting any unwanted guests along the way to Endor" Caedyn informed his Sister, quietly relieved by the fact as they were heading for the Eternal Empire's Space where Endor was located on the outskirts.

The turbulence eventually began to settle and shortly thereafter the Repertoire had broken orbit and was cruising through space, Caedyn giving it some time to get rightly clear of Mnemosyne's atmosphere before powering up the Hyperdrive and pulling back on the primary thrusters, diverting power and once primed, hitting the jump for lightspeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom