Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Adventures of a Healer and a Viking: Pirates, Part II

[member="Valkyrien Aurelios"]

And how long was 'this long' for Val? She assumed he was around d her age, well, her body's age. Shoulders shrugged as he stepped forward. She tugged on her pack's straps and stepped next to Val in the sand.

"Glad you caught our signal so quickly."

The man looked at their torn and odd clothing. One retrofitted flight suit, well worn and some would argue tight. And the giant man's dirty clothes.

"Perhaps not quickly enough, eh?" The man spoke jovially, then waved an arm. "You two it? If so, you might as well come aboard. I can drop you off at the closest port city."

The mirialan stepped forward. She sensed no deceit. Hopefully, her senses were correct. She would have some things to talk about with Val on the way. She knew he'd know it was coming. She had some answers to find and it was time her path separated from his.

[member="Taheera Sollo"]

Perhaps it was time to trust this man. They really did need to get off this island, though the time they spent here...well it had been anything but bad. The thought made him smile, and he gave Taheera a quick glance as he walked up the ramp besides her. ”Where are we anyway?”

Val asked the man as they went inside.

The inside of the shuttle was a pretty good representation of the outside. Nothing fancy, and most of the internals were...well ancient. Val didn’t seem to mind so much, it gave the entire place a very rustic look that seemed to suit him just fine. Taheera and he stepped into the cargo-hold which was half filled with thick crates labeled “Dry goods”. Likely Wheat or some other crop the man was bringing to this world.

“Orell. Just inside of the mid-rim. Small trade world, kind of surprised you got stranded here.”

The man scratched his head.

”Our starship…” Val looked at Taheera. ”Crashed, hyperdrive malfunction.”

It was an accurate enough description.

“Huh. Anything to do with that Star Destroyer in orbit?”[/color]

Val frowned. He forgot that even when destroyers exploded they tended to leave quite a bit of debris behind. There was simply too much metal and bulk for it all to go up in flames. Luckily the hunks were also usually large enough that they tended to stay in space rather than crash down to the surface of the planet. ”Maybe. Not really sure.”

Val shrugged.

"Alrighty then. Strap yourselves in and I'll get us going. You're lucky to survive a crash like that," his palm smacked the button to bring up the ramp, then he strode to the cockpit. There were a few acceleration couches. She found one of the side and strapped herself in

"Guess we got lucky," she whispered to Val, gripping the bag tightly in her lap.

Head leaned back as she felt the shuttle shift and lift off the ground. If all went well, it'd be a short trip to the port. "Val. When we get there, I've gotta set out on my own. Find some answers about what happened on that ship."

[member="Taheera Sollo"]

He looked at her for a moment.

An odd sort of pit formed in his stomach. He had enjoyed this little adventure with Taheera. There had been...fun of course, but more than that he had genuinely come to enjoy her company. He frowned for a moment, but then slowly nodded. "Alright."

He couldn't force her to travel with him.

In the end, they would both have to go their own way. Taheera had a new mystery in her life, she had to seek out the Masters who would know, find the holocrons that would tell her what had happened to her. Val couldn't deny that, and it wasn't a journey that he likely would have been well suited for. The Jedi were kind, almost gentle, and he...well he was nothing but a brute.

"Not sure how you'll keep from falling over." He joked. "But I understand."

She laughed and elbowed him lightly in the side. "I guess I'll just have to take my chances." Her laughing quieted. It would be odd not having him around.

"Not sure you'll survive without someone to argue with."' She wanted to keep the mood light. "What're your plans? Will you finally learn how to fly?"

[member="Taheera Sollo"]

"Probably not." The idea didn't really interest him.

"I'll keep wandering." He told her, slowly digging around his coat pocket for a few moments and pulling out a small bag. The leather case would be somewhat familiar to Taheera, it was something that had been given to him by the Hutt back at the shadowport. "I still have these."

He poured out the contents of the bag.

Several beads of pure aurodium dropped out onto his palm, no bigger than the size of a small marble. In truth they weren't much to look at on their own, but their weight and purity made them worth more...well than this entire ship six times over.

"I'll use them to hope around a bit." Val told her.

"Makes sense." She smiled. "You take care of yourself, Valkyrien Aurelios, and may the force be with you." The ship landed and there was still no foul play. She exited with the Viking and let her arms try to encircle around his form in a tight and lingering hug.

"I imagine our paths will cross again."

Or she hoped. One day soon. And maybe by then, she'd have some answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom