Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private That Which Remains

GADividerYellow.png

Unhindered Ti would dismantle the whole ship. Not visibly. The shell would remain. But everything inside? All of it's systems and inner workings? He made sure there was no way this ship would ever end up flying again. Slaves on board or otherwise. Sides, it was waay to unsafe to keep flying anyway.

Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath | Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el | Zoar Zoar | Lilise Lilise | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

As the hunter with the flamethrower advanced, Lilise found her courage slipping. She took a step back, putting her hands out almost as if in a defensive position, palms outward; like that would stop the hunter. The Sylphe continued to try and sidle away, to avoid being cooked; unfortunately her fear began to get the better of her.

So much so that the pheromones she was putting off began to change... from confusion to that of fear. Her pheromones had changed, unbeknownst to her; all she saw was a hunter with a flame thrower, and her desperate attempt to extend the force between her and the hunter to keep him at bay.

Zoar Zoar | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath | Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el | Ti Izat Ti Izat

It wasn't that Zoar stopped being scared, or turned off his insecurities. But here, surrounded by devastation, with innocent people counting on them, his own internal struggles seemed so small, so insignificant. He had plenty of experience fighting past his fear, an instinctual emotion as intrinsic as breathing to a Miln. He fought past it now, disallowing it to control him. He didn't even let it slow him down.

For the first time in his life, Zoar was fearless.

One of the raiders went down to a barrage of stun bolts, but the other wouldn't fall so easily. Zoar charged the Codru-Ji with the single-minded drive of a Jedi Guardian, raising his blade and bringing it down like a crushing avalanche.

The two combatants traded blow after blow. The hunter was able to use the mech's slower movements to her advantage, staying just ahead of the Miln, if only just. But it was obvious the Padawan had her on the back heel, lightsaber sweeping back and forth, aiming to disarm, to dislocate, to discombobulate.

He was distracted from his inevitable march forward by Jalen, who had darted past him, screamed out in strain, and brought down an entire wing of the ship, before collapsing in a heap. Zoar let out a cry of concern, before his weapon was cleaved from his hand, alongside a few metal fingers. Zoar considered the lost digits for only a moment, before balling his fists, and continuing to press the attack, with or without a weapon.

- Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania - Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath - Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el - Ti Izat Ti Izat - Lilise Lilise -

The sound of little Harpies screeching was louder than the pitch of the flash bang. Burning feathers drifted on her from above, one catching the fabric of her cloak at the shoulder. Alarmed, Cora stumbled back and attempted to clamp a hand over the flames before they could spread, but fire ate through the cloth at such an alarming rate that the Padawan hurried to discard her outer garment. Fortunately, natural fibers did not melt like synthetic ones.

Her head jerked back in time to see a young Harpy sail overhead, wings engulfed in flames as she screamed desperately. It was, thus far, the most horrifying sight Cora had witnessed in her semi-charmed kind of life.

Legs moved before her mind could, and she struggled to keep up with the sharply descending Harpy, ending up cushioning the burning woman's fall to the ground. Momentarily dazed from the impact, Cora raised her spinning head. The first clear image she saw was the Harpy atop her, face partially melted and contorted in agony as she burned to death, unable to even scream. Cora froze in shock, aghast at the grisly, and viscerally real scene before her.

Something shifted in the Force, a palpable fear drawing Cora's attention back to the circle of women and children they'd been aiming to protect. A hunter with a flamethrower was approaching Lilise, and the plant girl had both hands extended, calling on the great esoteric power to protect her.

"Lilise!" Cora shouted, voice nearly lost against the chaos of the situation. Gingerly shifting her way out from under the smoldering corpse, she made a beeline for the hunter, lightsaber at the ready. Desperation painted her face, and this time she wouldn't aim to disarm or stun—instead, her blade would try to pierce the hunter's back.

Lilise Lilise Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el Zoar Zoar Ti Izat Ti Izat Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath

Lilise stumbled as she stepped back, falling on her rear end just seconds before the saber drove through the hunters back and out of his front. The Sylphe screamed in surprise, startled by the sudden action, her hand covering her mouth as she sat there shaking. It took a few seconds before Lilise found the courage to stand again, stumbling to join her female padawan companion, dew pricking the corners of her eyes, fingers digging into Cora's arm gently.

"C..Corazona... T..thank you..." She swallowed hard, breathing difficult for her at that moment as she tried to calm herself down. Her emotions were all over the place, but it seemed being in Cora's presence, especially after being saved by her, began to calm the Sylphe down. That was the last hunter, at least, aside from the one Lilise had confused and then feared, though the fear was purely accidental.

"A..are you okay?" She looked up to Cora, emerald eyes concerned as her brow was knit together. "W..what of the others?" She could see Zoar, but not Ti and Jalen wasn't immediately visible... wait..

"J..Jalen..?!" She pointed over to where the young male padawan lay, fear and concern surging through her once more as she then dashed for him.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Zoar Zoar | Ti Izat Ti Izat | Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath | Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

The hunters had been thoroughly handled, Zoars combatant receiving a fist through the chest, two hands wrapping around his armored forearm as she looked down and then for a brief moment stared up at the metal shell before her, the body then went limp, still staring up at him.

Corazona shoved a lightsaber through though the hunter that had approached Lilise with malicious intent; the blade peaking out and the plant girl getting a view of his last brief moment of life before the lightsaber cleaved up the rest of him as it melted through his flesh and he slumped to the ground in a pile.

The other afflicted with fear from Lilise's pheromones had begun to run for his life, his weapons dropped on the soil; and as he almost made it out of view the small chained harpy came flying over, crashing on top of him and slashing with clawed hands, blood spraying about. As he too fell limp the girl rolled off of him, almost like a fish out of water as she was unable to get herself back to her feet, her wings flapping a bit wildly as she struggled to break free of her restrains on hands and feet.

Slowly in her struggle, she flopped and glided briefly towards the center group, tears in her completely white eyes while she chirped towards the charred remains left behind of those who hadn't escaped.

For the moment, the danger had passed, all that remained was the dying fires with no more fuel to burn, and a ship in pieces with a few remaining Harpy that were to be slaves.
Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Lilise Lilise | Ti Izat Ti Izat | Zoar Zoar | Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

GADividerYellow.png

Ti emerged from the vessel, idly drying his oil stained paws on a rag he had picked up. His gaze shifted around, a frown on his face. The enslavement was finished, for now. The survivors left to survive. And Jalen on the ground. He moved beside the boy, crouched down to gently tap his shoulder. He wasn't dead, right? .. No he couldn't have died. Not like Master Sinclare. The panic filled his mind as he much more aggressively started to try and shake his fellow padawan awake. They'd done it, right? No one else should have to die.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Lilise Lilise | Zoar Zoar | Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el | Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath

And just like that, it was over. The sounds of struggle and blaster fire died down, leaving only the roar of flames and occasional squawk of distress.

Cora's body has been moving of its own accord, face reflecting the same expression of fear and horror that Lilise wore as the hunter had been closing in. The blonde Padawan's blade has been too eager to cleave the enemy, but the situation has been dire, and her experience thin.

"Y-yeah." She breathed, swallowing thickly as she did her best to give the Sylphe an encouraging smile. "Are you alright? You were really brave, Lilise."

Panic surged in her wide blue eyes as they made for Jalen. Ti was already trying to stir the Padawan awake, and Cora tentatively placed two fingers to the side of his neck. She exhaled in relief when she felt his pulse thrum.

"He's alright. I saw this happen once before when he saved me." She explained to Ti and Lilise. "Jalen seems to be capable of great feats in the Force, but I think it exhausts him."

One of the Harpies chirped from above. Cora craned her head back, extending a hand to the girl. "Are you alright? Let us help you. The least we can do is to help free you from those bindings."

All around them was a hellscape of charred bodies and burning homes. Where would the survivors go now?

Lilise Lilise Ti Izat Ti Izat Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el Zoar Zoar Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath

Zoar had been fearless. Except, maybe he should have been afraid.

Afraid for his opponent.

So focused was he on the battle, on saving the people in chains, he forgot about holding himself back. He was walking around in a ton of metal and mechanics, tossing that much weight around carelessly...

The Codru-ji was squished under a crushing fist. Zoar could see the life leaving her, could feel her pain and fear through the Force. Her life, ebbing away, ripped from her.

Because of him.

Zoar stepped away, hand still clenched in a bloody fist, his perception swimming. The Miln's throat suddenly felt dry as sandpaper.
//Uh... Golem?// The mech chirped, hearing it's name.

//Take control, p-please.//

Golem switched into autopilot, all humanity draining from it. The mech started to walk the rows of captives, wordlessly breaking their restraints with it's monstrous, terrible strength.

- Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el - Ti Izat Ti Izat - Lilise Lilise - Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania - Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath -

The harpy accepted the help gratefully, and the moment she was cut free she flew over to the pile of remains in the middle, looking over the bodies seeming to be searching. Nyx's white eyes stopped on a few of the charred corpses, and she slouched, her wings drooping as she turned and looked to the Padawan beginning to gather together.

There were only a handful of Harpy left, those remaining for the most part picking up what they could salvage from the blaze. It seemed that, as sad as it was, these people were use to loss; it was traumatizing, but it was something they had dealt with for hundreds of years.

Watching one of the survivors she seemed to take a moment to collect herself, and then her body began to contort and shift; her wings retracted and her form morphed before their eyes into that of a more humanistic appearance. Talons began feet, claws became normal nails, and the dress she had worn was now somewhat loose. Looking around they would see a few others go through a similar change, including some of the remaining children, though their transformation took slightly longer and they were seemingly being instructed by the guardians with them.

Nyx watched as they gathered up things to leave, then turned back to look at the group who saved them. Visibly bitting her cheek hard, She then looked from Corazona to one of the hunters, pointing at him, and hitting her balled up right fist against an open left palm, then pointed to the Padawans. It seemed as though she was trying to convey a message, but what it was was up to interpretation.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Lilise Lilise | Zoar Zoar | Ti Izat Ti Izat | Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

5d0a31f7cb9cbc0001e3d27f-image_e600a43f.jpeg

Batuu, Wilderness
Tags: Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath , Lilise Lilise , Ti Izat Ti Izat , Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , Zoar Zoar

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

Jalen's eyes shot open, immediately overflowing with tears. In a moment of panic, lying down on the ground, he began to assess his body. No burns. He wasn't dead. He shot up to a sitting position, wildly turning to make sure that everyone else was still in one piece. Cora... Ti... Lilise... Zoar... and the winged girl. He sighed, relieved when he could feel them all around him. It would've been a nice moment had he not been able to feel the death around him.

"D-did we save any?" Jalen asked.

It seemed they had if the auras around him were anything to go off of, but he had to ask. Jalen quickly checked his utility belt. Master Sinclare's lightsaber was still present. He reflected on it for a moment...

No. He wasn't done yet. There was something that the winged girl was trying to say, but he couldn't see the movements of her arms, or feel them that well through the force. Jalen stood, staggering over to her and placing a hand on her shoulder. In that moment, he opened his mind to hers.

<I can't see,> Jalen relayed to her bluntly. <Tell me how you feel here.>

Nyx seemed to visibly shirk away at the hand touching her, the recent events leaving a poor taste in her mouth for strangers. It wasn't that she didn't trust Jalen specifically, really, it would take a long while for her to trust anyone again. However before she pulled away Jalen would hear her silenced thoughts.

<"I want them to pay... Stop this from happening again.">

The harpy wrapped her arms around herself in a hug, her pale eyes glancing between the group, clearly unsure what to do.

Ti Izat Ti Izat | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el | Lilise Lilise | Zoar Zoar

Lilise watched the interaction between the group and the girl with wings. Oh wait, the wings were gone? They could shape shift? Just what were they? They weren't Sithspawn, so what exactly were they? She'd reach for Cora's sleeve, gently squeezing the other females arm as she shot her a faint smile. "I... I didn't respond earlier, sorry. I'm alright though... B...but... I'm going to go get Zoar.. I.. I don't think I can b..be of much help with this conversation... I'll be right back..."

She gently squeezed her companions arm again before breaking off, turning to head towards the colossal mech that was another companion. He was busy, breaking the restraints of the previously captured harpy, probably not even noticing her as she drew near? Lilise wasn't sure; she hadn't spent much time with the Miln padawan.

"Z..Zoar?" The Sylphe spoke up, giving it a few seconds before continuing. "Y... You okay?" She faintly caught sight of the blood on the metal fist, her brow furrowing as she looked to him. "E...everything seems to have calmed down.. a..and I think we're going to try to work out our next step..." The five padawans were all that was left from the initial mission, it only felt right that they all were involved in any sort of decision making, immediate or not.

Zoar Zoar | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el | Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath | Ti Izat Ti Izat

Visually, the only indicator that anything was wrong with the Miln was how robotic his movements were. Each limb moved with precision, gripping chains and ropes with enormous manipulators, pulling them apart like so much tinsel.

It was impressive, really, how much strength Zoar had been able to imbue into his power armor.

But the Force revealed all. The lightest hints of strong emotion burned within the mech as Lilise approached the techy Jedi, despite how hard the Miln attempted to stop it. A strangling, heart-shredding panic, which Zoar fought to collect some measure of composure from. Perhaps his only hope to not embarrassing himself in front of the others was their inexperience. Maybe they wouldn't sense it, with all the fear and anguish surrounding them.

"Z..Zoar? Y... You okay? E...everything seems to have calmed down.. a..and I think we're going to try to work out our next step..."

The mech looked down at Lilise, no spark of intelligence behind it's visor, not immediately responding to the Sylphe. But then, it nodded wordlessly, and joined the rest of the group, positioning itself a step behind them.

Deep breaths, deep breaths, deep breaths. I-i-in for four... out f-f-f...

- Ti Izat Ti Izat - Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania - Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el - Lilise Lilise -

Cora gave Lilise's arm a soft, encouraging squeeze back and a nod as she went to tend to Zoar.

Jalen was up now, his hand clasped against the girl's shoulder. She looked more human now, and Cora marveled at her ability to retract her more avian features.

It seemed that she didn't speak Basic, though. The blonde's head tilted to the side as she watched the Harpy gesture to one of the hunters, then smack her balled up fist into an open palm.

Cora bit her bottom lip. It was a miracle to her that all of the Padawans seemed to have made it out of this escapade alive, but as the urgency of the situation died down, so did her willingness to fight. Even if revenge was well deserved.

She wasn't exactly sure what Jalen was doing, but she had a guess. Cora offered the Harpy her sympathetic eyes.

"Do…you understand what she means, Jalen?"

Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath Lilise Lilise Zoar Zoar Ti Izat Ti Izat

GADividerYellow.png

"<Revenge is not right. We must never act in hate. Or allow others.>"

Ti let out a sigh of relief as Cora assured him of Jalen's health. At Jalen standing up and seeming to.. Do something. He wasn't sure, but he was focused on the girl. Her motions only brought worry to his mind, though. Jedi should never act out of hate or want for revenge.

"<The Jedi will come. We will leave it to their choice. They will be wiser.>"

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el | Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath | Lilise Lilise | Zoar Zoar

<"I want them to pay... Stop this from happening again.">

"Don't worry," Jalen assured her. "They won't do this again."

Jalen turned back to the rest of the group. His expression was serious.

"Let's get these hunters bound," the padawan told the rest of the group. "They can be put on trial for slavery and genocide when we return to alliance space. I... they're out here hunting people. They can't walk free."

He sighed. Everything about this situation was awful. Nobody should have to live like this. Forever dwell in fear of being slaughtered. It wasn't right. With a heavy heart, he turned back to the winged girl, an apologetic look in his eyes.

<I understand. My home was taken too. But... I found a new one. It will never replace the one I lost, but it's helping. Maybe it will help you too.>

A faint vibration rippled through the air, followed by the soft hum of an engine. Jalen knew the sound well. It was a Galactic Alliance transport. The Jedi had arrived to pick them up. Above, the landing ramp lowered, revealing the visage of a rather large Rishi with golden plumage.

"Are you children alright?" the avian called out, concern in his voice. "Master Karos Spinner! I'm here to take you home!"

Nyx watched Jalen carefully with her white eyes, a moment of hesitation evident as she thought of her next words. She looked back to the few remainders of her people, scavenging before moving on. All those she knew, that were close to her, were gone; and she didn't want to just run away, not from monsters doing this to them, maybe to others. A harpy began chirping loudly towards Nyx, looking for a response.

She looked back to Jalen, her mind conveying quietly; <"I want to come with you. To stop people like that before they hurt others.">

Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el | Lilise Lilise | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Zoar Zoar | Ti Izat Ti Izat

Lilise let out a sigh of relief as Master Spinner called out to them, the hum of the transports engine making her smile ever so faintly. "They got my message.. good.." She had been so worried the message hadn't been received, after all if there was a way for her to receive a response from using her Sylphe telepathy, she didn't yet know how.

She just waved up at Master Spinner, thankful that all of her companions were alive and well, and that they'd at least did their best to help the remainder of the harpies.

Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Nyx Andrath Nyx Andrath | Zoar Zoar | Ti Izat Ti Izat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom