Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That Talk

You ever swear that someone was dead and then you run into them? Not just a haven't seen them in a long time dead, but truly and properly obituary in the paper and everything. Domino was having one of those moments. She could have sworn that her old friend Sabrina Kotass was dead and gone when she saw her walking through a plaza on Vainay this morning. She looked younger but there was no mistaking her presence in the force once checked.

Instead of approaching her immediately, Domino had backed off in case the other woman had a need for her secrecy and instead sent her old holo-mail account a message. Nothing incriminating, just an old friend reminiscing about past lunch meetings at the terrace cafe Buchanan's and how she missed her now that she was gone. Never mind that those lunch meetings had ever occurred and that Domino doubted Sabrina had ever been to Vainay before. The oddity of a message contained a meeting place and an approximate time to the point that any spy could have figured it out, but on the likely chance that Sabrina no longer monitored that holo-mail, Domino sent out a different type of message entirely.

Taking her seat on the cafe's balcony overlooking the ocean crashing below. Domino ordered a pot of tea and began to enhance her presence in the force, broadcasting her location to any force-sensitive nearby.

[member="sabrina"]

[member="Domino"]

She smiled as she opened the holo mail, it was her favorite pirate in the galaxy. She decide it would not cause any harm to meet her, she head there at the appointed time. No doubt she would recognise her, she was after all a clone of her younger self. Though she could never admit it, for Emily's sake. She got there before her friend, not to be early as she intend to be late. So she scope it out, and make sure it was not a trap or rouse. After all this may be a trap, and using her previous friendship with her to entrap her.

So she watched everything, from a balcony over the road. She was not paranoid, she just did not want to be trapped out stupidity.

After waiting around phasing through walls, using force site to check for any hidden traps. She decide it was safe to come out.

Sabine would find that this wasn't a trap or some other ploy, just Domino arriving by herself and waiting alone, exchanging words only with a waiter on where she would like to sit or drink while she waited. No suspicious people loitered about doing nothing or the same menial task over and over and the road was pedestrian only so there were no vehicles with blacked-out windows sulking about. However a few minutes after her drink was delivered Domino did 'power down' so to speak and stopped broadcasting her presence though she didn't act to hide it. She did however take a sip of her piping hot tea.
[member="Sabine Kurtass"]

She head over to her old friend [member="Domino"], and she sat down at seat opposite her. She then asked I suppose you sent the holo-mail to my old master account?
She knew the answer but she had to coy, about it after all Darth Banshee was dead and buried for all pretence and purposes. [member="Draco Vereen"] had inherited company, [member="Rexus Drath"] had inherited a small part of her fortune, so emily would want for nothing. The rest weirdly came back to her, nice how wills can work. As she sat down she looked at Domino, as to ask was okay to pour a cup of tea, or would she have to order her won.

She head over to her old friend Domino, and she sat down at seat opposite her. She then asked I suppose you sent the holo-mail to my old master account?
she knew the answer but she had to coy.

"If it wasn't you'd be in a whole lot of trouble right now." Domino said with a smile as she served her friend a helping of the tea. She left the cream and sugar to Sabine though, she'd never seen how she'd taken it. "Two things I'd like to know before anything else, you changed your name, and what prompted this..." She eyed the other woman's new body as if appraising it, "change." She'd heard of Sabrina's now apparently fake death, but honestly things had been more than a little hectic at the time and she wasn't in the habit of spying on her friends. Actually her network of informants had suffered quite heavily while she'd been off gallivanting in far-off galaxies trying to forget her problems in this one.
[member="Sabine Kurtass"]

[member="Domino"]

Emily I need to keep her safe, and only way I could figure to do it is die. She then elaborated, Well I wanted to join the fight against the one sith, and if they knew it was me, they may gone for her to avenge it. She then asked So how can I help you, also where have you been. She then finished making her tea, and the waiter came over asked if she would like cake. She shouldn't, oh well what the heck if she got to fat she could always swap bodies again. ​Yes victoria sponge cake please. The waiter then looked at Domino, as to see if she wanted a cake or sandwich.

"Makes sense," Domino said as she turned her head to the waiter. "I'll have the same, with a drizzle of custard." More calories, more fuel. She certainly didn't have a problem burning a bit of indulgence off these days. Goddess it felt good to be out from behind a desk, free of everything but the studies she imposed on herself. "I've been traveling, seeking out the far-away places no one else thought to dare adventure to. Walked the surface of worlds where I was as alien as the Vong are to ours. Then I returned home and found it unsatifactory, so sold Phenex and began a little side-project for myself. I suppose, " she mused, "that you could say I was on a soul-search to figure out what I wanted to do with myself and to discover who I really am."

[member="Darth Banshee"]

She smiled at her old friend [member="Domino"], Sounds fun, so what did you get up to? She grinned a little mischievously, Or should it be who did you get up with? She had no idea who she been with, but chance to gossip with a friend, well that would be fun. She took a sip of the tea, and waited for her Domino to answer, or begin to get her true reason for being here. As gossiping was fun, but you don't look for dead person to gossip with.

Finding the force signature of someone you thought dead was plenty of reason to go looking them up in Domino's book. Following strange or freaky stuff had lead her on many an adventure, usually with her swearing off ever going on another and threatening to just blast them all by the end of them. "It was just me an Myunnah, my Tuk'ata. It was very nice actually, afforded me a lot of time to meditate and taking away my support structures and safety nets I've constructed here forced me to rely solely upon myself. How about you? How does your war with the Sith go?"
[member="Darth Banshee"]

She smiled at [member="Domino"], and then replied Poorly, the Mandalorians are more interested in killing the republic. Which was a pity as they can't defend themselves, and she needed some sort of action she was getting bored.

That brought a snort of ill-humored disgust from Domino. "One minute they're you'r allies, and the next they want to kill you... I swear the buckets flop sides every time the Mandalor's wife runs red. Ah, thank you." She told the waiter as he dropped off their cake as if she hadn't just gravely insulted the leader of one of the most powerful paramilitaries. "So," she said after taking a bite, "why haven't you done what I plan to do? Step up to the plate yourself, stop relying on others who consistently let you down."
[member="Darth Banshee"]

[member="Domino"]

She looked at her friend and said simply, and said Pass, but out of curiosity what do you plan to do? This did sound intriguing, and could be fun, after all what was life without a bit of excitement, let's face it she was getting anything anywhere else. This did have her intrigued, and know she found herself leaning forward, with her arms on the table wondering what she had planned.

Hmm, Domino hadn't expected that sort of passivity from someone she'd once counted as a colleague. "I plan to correct the mistakes of my past. One in particular. Reason must be destroyed. I left it in improper hands on my retirement from the Suns thinking it would help safeguard them. Instead it appears to have made them a target, one which was traded away for personal gain and now lays in the hands of men I cannot trust not to do great harm. Constructing it was my hubris, I thought to put myself on equal footing with the great nations of the day and so made it able to fight off entire battle fleets. Now I'll prove myself and these men fools by destroying it with a single ship. One which I've been planning as a personal vessel for some time now. Needless to say, it needs certain upgrades to suite to task." If Domino was worried about people overhearing her, she didn't show it and carried on in a natural and rather conversational tone.
[member="Darth Banshee"]

[member="Domino"]

Sabrina smiled now we get to the meat of conversation, she wants something from her. That was not a problem, as she had the coin, and she was more than happy to help a friend. My shipyard is at your disposal what do you need? She was not sure what her plans where, but scheming was always fun. She liked planning and preparation, then obviously the seeing the execution of fine plan, and then reaping the rewards of it was also good.

"A generous offer, but I won't be needing it." She took a sip of her tea. "I retained a private yard after the sale of my company. One that was unaffiliated with Phenex where component assembly and construction of interior blocks have already begun. It's the exterior I really need the help with. Durasteel isn't protective enough for me and turadium would add to much mass, I need something between the two, I need your composite plating. Trying to get a hold of this Draco fellow for a custom order has been a pain since you sold your company. In fact I'd lost all hope of having it until you were sitting her across from me today."
[member="Darth Banshee"]

[member="Domino"]

Well do you need it for just one ship, or for a production line of them? The cogs in her mind began to turn, she would be able to get the metal easily enough it was just mix between to other metals, and was easy to get. She then took a sip of tea, and worked out how to take the forumlar from her old offices, wait that was not necessary she still had it. All she had to do was secure the base metals, and she could do this and be quick about it. Question was what planet would have it available, and be able to ship it to her foundry from.

"I need one-hundred seventy-nine thousand two-hundred (179,200) square meters of it at fifty centimeters thickness. Should be more than enough for what I have in mind and I can use the leftovers to create armor belts and an internal citadel." Leaning back in her chair, she crossed her legs at the knee and smiled like the cat that got the canary. "If we settle in on three hundred credits a meter, that should come out to..." she quickly ran the math in her head, "Fifty-three and three quarters of a million. It's a one-time thing." Probably needless to say at that point.
[member="Darth Banshee"]

[member="Domino"]

I can work with that, though I did have an idea for improvement for it. To take some of the durasteel and add Aluminum instead. This would still make it just as strong, but also a little lighter and thus easier to assemble. She could do it too same price, and would have some advantage against ion. As the layer of aluminium can resist the electric shock much better than normal durasteel. She had an idea of pressing the metals, rather than a alloy. This way the outer layer would be extremely strong, the middle layer durasteel, this would cushion the outer layer. The final layer of aluminum, would protect the ship from ion damage. She waited for her reply to her idea, though she may have to explain why to her.

Taking a sip of her tea, she thought the offer over. She didn't want to dismiss it out of hand as was her first inclination. "I'm concerned that tampering with the material ratio would affect the end result negatively, I know you already developed the original plating to have the perfect mixture ratio." Domino didn't know anything about Sabrina's other ideas, but if she didn't want something proprietary, she could make it herself through Outer Rim Resources in the same manner she'd sourced the material for the frame and save more than a pretty penny.
[member="Darth Banshee"]

@Domino

Then no worries I get the original formula for you, I start getting the materials together and have it delivered in a month from now. She had the mines, and she had the formula on a old holo mail. Now fancy getting drunk, and having a night out? The business was concluded, she sent a message back to her yards to start the production run. The order would be ready soon, but she was going to get on with her composite metal anyway. As it was needed for another project, she waited for her to reply, and she was ready to party like it was oh wait she is nineteen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom