Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Testing Me, Testing You (TSO)

Marshal, Journeyman Protector
Bith Research Facility
Clak'dor VII

With: Serrin
Engaging: EVE_0001 EVE_0001
Aria, 4 Echani Moonguard, 2 UGF Blackhand with: Kellen Mynn Kellen Mynn
Reinforcements arriving soon

It seemed her tactic had worked well. Arla let her manipulation of the Force ebb away as Eve submitted, in Arla's eyes anyway, and put away her lightsaber. Arla's proverbial bad feeling was justified moments later as she felt the Dark Side, and instantly, felt and heard and saw the crackles of lightning. Force lightning, radiating outward from the Sith.

About to move, Arla was momentarily distracted as, unexpectedly, her Nightsister companion was engulfed in the electricity. Her heart skipped a beat as Serrin fell. Fear and despair were instantly replaced with anger. Arla had to fight to transmute it into resolve. Cold. She had to be cold. Anger begot a lack of control. Still, she was suitably pissed, even if she didn't boil into a furious blind rage. Cold purple eyes narrowed at the Sith.

You might want to worry about yourself.

She'd originally intended to dodge the lightning. Now, gathered with a fearsome resolve, the Echani Commander leapt high, rounding off in the air to come down atop Eve. Pink blade extended before her, lighting her angry and determined gaze, Arla flew at the Sith, lightning crackling below her. Her blade was extended to strike through Eve's head in a killing stroke. There was no requirement for mercy. Eve had hurt her friend, and had to pay. Arla's piercing exhalation was almost a scream of rage as she came at the Sith, lightsaber ready to slice and dice.

Objective 1, Engaging Denn Verdan Denn Verdan

[OOC: I am so sorry for the delay!]

The Jedi's return thrust was weak, a simple shifting brief shift of weight made it easily avoidable. He was on his back foot, clearly caught off guard by her instant attack, so she gave him a moment to gather himself, only a heartbeat but it should be long enough. A smile crept onto her face, she was going to enjoy this.

The sickeningly sweet sensation, that alerted them to the presence of Jedi was growing stronger. Many of them had come, and quickly. Why so many Jedi were so far from home and so close to their enemies was a mystery to her. Something to be solved at a later date.

Ansisa advanced again, trading her momentary high guard for a powerful overhead strike, watching his every move, his footwork. Learning. She would find the opening she needed in good time. Fro now, she was merely testing his reactions.

You might want to worry about yourself.

Eve's eyes once again widened in surprise as she looked up to see Aria dropping down from above with her lightsaber aimed to go through her head. Dropping her focus on projecting the halo of Force Lightning, Eve dove and rolled to the left to evade the killing blow, while reaching for her own weapon.

Coming to her feet once more, Eve ignited her blade and warily circled her opponent, keeping in mind how she had tried to drain the powercell only a few minutes before.

"You're a feisty one," Eve said with a malevolent grin. "I like that!"

TAGS- Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch
Serrin

Serrin

S
Serrin was still rather strained from her ‘shocking’ she could not offer much assistance to @Arla who now engaged EVE_0001 EVE_0001 in the circle of lightning. The Night Sister ached so badly that she knelt on bended knee as she watched the two dance with their sabers. She regretted not being able to offer more aid, and so callong to the Spirit Ichor ahe pointed her palms and caste a cloud of ghastly green and gray, a fog of smoke that began to encircle the two.

She was not sure if this would hinder The Sith as much as her ally Arla, the aim was to somehow take away the enemy’s advantages, which were considerable. As the cloud began to surrounded and then fill the circle, she fell on hee hind, the use of her Night Sister powers after such wounds drained her to the point that ahe almost blacked out, her vision strobing in and out from the view of this duel and darkness. Serrin had underestimated The Power of the Dark Side, even being its pawn. She would never again give an inch to to the Shadow, her devotion to the Magick, to Ichor of her people.

TAG: Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch EVE_0001 EVE_0001

Bith Research Facility
Clak'dor VII

Aria, 4 Echani Moonguard, 2 UGF Blackhand aiding: Kellen Mynn Kellen Mynn

Arla landed, having not sliced anyone in half, let alone her opponent, who seemed to effortlessly avoid her attack. Fine. The Echani Commander had succeeded in getting the Sith to stop blasting the lightning, which had been her intended goal. Still, it was to blades once more.

"You're a feisty one," Eve said with a malevolent grin. "I like that!"

As Eve spoke, Arla noticed not the nasty grin, but the fog beginning to surround them. She felt the source was Serrin! Not out of the fight just yet. Renewed hope gave her renewed vigour, and Arla swung to the attack, moving right at the Sith to give her no time to refocus on Serrin. Arla would get in her face.

You want feisty?

A practiced series of strikes flew at Eve, Arla's pink blade humming and moving forcefully as she struck high, low, high, hitting hard and fast to try and force Eve onto the defensive.

I'll give you some feisty!

Arla's narrowed purple eyes glared at Eve as she wound her attacks together, concentrating on her opponent, looking for a weakness or an opportunity; or both. Decades of physical training had kept her in top shape, and she was relishing the contest with this Sith opponent. She could not look over at Serrin to check on her recovery, but she hoped her friend was alright. She also hoped to keep Eve from interfering with the Nightsister again by giving her as much as she could handle in close combat.

OBJECTIVE 1
Patent Theft
(A defense of the research facility)
Had Denn been in some elevated stands, watching this woman display her talents in an exhibition, he would certainly have applauded her. Her form. Her strength. Her technique.

All admirable.

Sadly, he was not at some distant remove.

He was under the heat of her blade.

He deflected the blow, using only enough strength to slightly redirect her blade while stepping aside. It was not as simple as before. Her physical litheness belied the strength of her stroke. Such was the way of the Sith. They valued power, and she seemed to be a good student of that philosophy.

Denn lifted his free hand and gave her a small force push. Not enough to topple her, but hopefully enough to unbalance her.

Then he followed with a gentle arc of his own blade.

If he could get a touch, then this contest could end... without anyone perishing.

Ansisa Ansisa

Eve tried to catch the pattern of Aria's attack. High, low, high..... She was fast, Eve had to give her that. And where in the world was that sickly green smoke coming from all of a sudden? KARK IT! It was getting hard to see her opponent.

"Don't think," Lady Venge had repeatedly admonished her during saber practice. "Just do. Trust your instincts."

Easy for you to say, Mother, Eve thought. You're not facing some ticked off lightsider who's trying to take your head off at the neck, or a Dathomir Nightsister blocking your vision with some blasted smoke trick!

Serrin

Serrin

S
Serrin laid there trying to recover, the bolt had burned her badly and so she called up Ichor to flow and fall on her as she said an incantation. The absence of a Night Mother and Night Cantors would mean she could only tap marginally into the healing properties.

The peridot green light wrapped around her and bathed her in its glow, it made her feel warm and soothed as she laid there. She could hear the voices of the resting Sisters, who had over eons become one with The Spirit. It was symphony of voices that rallied her once more, feeling strength return enough to fight. She could not summon the Ichor Sword, that would require too much energy. Instead she unholstered her Lo blaster and aimed in the mist, she could make out a gray hood, and resolved this was EVE_0001 EVE_0001 took a shoot. The bolt let fly into the fog, whither it would make its mark was another affair, at the very least it could serve Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch by distracting The Sith Lady long enough for her to deal a blow to this enemy.

Serrin had learned a valuae lesson, never trifle with a Sith and bury them in blaster fire if you can.

The sickly green smoke wasn't helping Eve one bit. And her opponent was fast....very fast. Distracted as she was, Eve never saw the bolt from Serrin's blaster streaking towards her. It missed her head, thankfully, but the impact on her right shoulder and the searing pain that followed, dropped her to her knees. KARK IT! This was not going as planned. Things were beginning to go very....badly in fact.

Serrin

Bith Research Facility
Clak'dor VII

Aria, 4 Echani Moonguard, 2 UGF Blackhand aiding: Kellen Mynn Kellen Mynn

Arla was pressing Eve hard now, flowing freely from one strike to the next, effort pushed into not giving a microsecond to her opponenent. High, low, high. The Echani was subconsciously establishing a pattern. A known known, for her opponent's mind to gather and accept. Though Eve met each strike well and in a timely manner, she had little enough time or space to engineer an attack of her own, much less deal with Serrin.

The first reward for their endeavours came as Serrin's blaster shot took Eve in the shoulder. She was unable to react to the shot, but impressively managed to keep her guard up as Arla came at her furiously. Arla didn't speak now, but let her lightsaber do the talking as she threw incessant hard blows.

Commander Susni didn't hesitate or change up her approach. Another practised set of high, low, high began. The strikes remained hard and fast. It was elegant, it was seemingly effortless, it was not a sequence Arla intended to finish in the traditional way. Eve's position kneeling on the ground made the intent difficult, but she hoped, unorthodox enough to be unexpected enough to strike home. She began the strikes, first high, then a low...

Without giving any indication of her intent, after the low strike, Arla, instead of moving for a head strike in the previously established sequence, stayed low. Quickly, she reversed the hilt in her hand, and cut the glowing pink lightsaber blade back across the front of Eve's legs at knee height in a second low strike she hoped and intended Eve would not be expecting or be ready for.

Eve suspected there was something up with her opponent's rhythms. It was becoming....too predictable. The pain in her shoulder was making it hard to stay focused. High....low......

Eve felt searing pain in her flesh again, this time across the front of her legs at about knee level. She tried to stand but the pain was too unbearable. Glancing down momentarily, she was relieved to see that her legs were still attached, but there was a deep, ugly wound across both of them.

"Come on, Eve," she chided herself. "GET UP!...Don't die now....GET....THE...KARK....UP...."

Serrin

Serrin

S
Serrin caught sight once more in the mist, she saw the crimson blade and her Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch ’s megenta blade which was beating the red one back in a flurry.

Serrin decided to open fire, sending bolts flying at the red saber blade, The Sith undoubtly would deflect the shots, but it would be difficult to defend against Arla’s assault and the bolts at the same time. The Night Sister contemplated if this was the honorable thing to do, then she remembered that lightning and banished the thought. Honor got people killed and in the heat of warfare who could adhere to its scruples?

You’ve got this Arla! Finish her!

Serrin projected her voice with The Magicks, hoping that her friend could hear her cheer. The tide was beginning go turn, and the fear she had felt before gave way to a newfound confidence. The Dark Power was ebbing, or at the very least its vessel was feeling the strain.

TAG: EVE_0001 EVE_0001

Bith Research Facility
Clak'dor VII

There's no need, Serrin. Arla said, saber still humming away in her hand, at the ready as she stood up, towering over the fallen Sith. Though Eve had moments ago been trying to kill them both, she had been rendered helpless or close enough to it, and that meant it wasn't right to kill her back. Though she was not entirely off the hook just yet either. The Sith had blood on their hands.

While appearing to muse over what to do, Arla instead drew her sidearm in one swift motion, flicked it to stun, and blasted the kneeling Sith twice in the chest. More than enough to keep her down, hopefully, until the Bith could get their city put back together.

We'll leave her here for the Bith. She said, feeling a certain sense of poetic justice in that action. They were just visitors here, and though they'd help defend the local people, the local people needed to decide on the aftermath. Arla moved across to help her Sister, putting away her blaster and lightsaber to free her hands.

Come on, I think it's time we got the heck out of here!
They had been expertly delayed from further intervention to help the Bith by the Sith's attack. Competent and deadly, it had nearly been the end of both of them. Eve had been a fine opponent, more than a match for both of them, except they'd gotten lucky this time. Arla might have won this fight for them, but the battle was very much a score draw.

Eve's eyes widened, showing a hint of fear for the first time, as she saw Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch draw her sidearm and fire two shots rapidly at her. Out of the corner of her rapidly fading vision, she could still see Serrin That was a score to be settled later, Eve decided, if she managed to survive long enough to get offworld.

We'll leave her here for the Bith....

No. I will not suffer the mockery of a trial at the hands of lesser beings. Eve vowed silently. I will fill the street with their corpses before I fall.....I....will..................

-Sometime Later-

Eve had been rescued by Lady Venge herself, who upon sensing that her adopted daughter was in mortal danger, piloted her Punworcca 116-class interstellar sloop, The Dark Embrace, to Clak'dor VII in order to rescue her, finding that the other acolytes had abandoned the fight early on.

"I wonder what your opponents would think if they knew that a mere Acolyte fought them to a draw."

"Spare me the flattery, Mother. I failed. I should have killed them both before they had the chance to maim me and leave me for dead. I've dishonored House StormWolf and the Golden Covenant."

"NO....The Covenant has failed US," Lady Venge said vehemently , shaking her head. "We signed an oath to Lord Nwul, openly committed treason in the eyes of our peers,..and he failed to produce what he promised us in return...a new Golden Age Of The Sith. If we are ever to obtain another golden age, we shall have to forge it ourselves."

"How...how long have you known of this? Why didn't you tell me before I left?..."

"Your father and I have just come to the realization, child. Don't let it trouble you. We are still House StormWolf, and you remain our heir."

-EXIT THREAD-

A soft and simple redirection followed with a gentle push, Ansisa let out a soft sigh as the force hit her, forcing her to shift her weight and readjust her footing, her blade snapping down in a horizontal line to bat his gentle arc away, though not fast enough. Sloppy on her part. She expected searing hot pain across her thigh where her blade stuck but instead there was a spasm that rocked through her thigh and extended beyond the blades touch.

Black blurred the edge of her vision...

No!

She delved into the force, drawing the dark side into her to fight the pull into darkness. The effort left her down on one knee panting, exposed. She deactivated her blade and sent the last of her energy into a force push towards the Jedi to put enough distance between herself and that blade. Others had retreated, she could feel the balance had shifted, the sickly sweet sense of Jedi in the force overpowering the darkness they had brought with them.

"An interesting choice of weapon." she said finally pushing herself to her feet slowly. "Tell me your name, Jedi." she needed a moment, to regain composure, strength and also to take full stock of their situation. Was there a chance for success or she have to turn tail like the rest of her companions had.

Cowards.

Denn Verdan Denn Verdan

XCMqOj2.png

Objective 1
Patent Theft

Contact.

Perhaps it was over, then?

But... no.

She recovered her focus, and lashed out with a telekinetic push of surprising power. While his feet did not leave the ground, he slid back across the gravelly surface. His path nearly took him to the edge of a precipice before he managed to arrest his perilous regression mere inches from disaster.

Definitely not to be underestimated, this one.

But her saber had been deactivated. And she spoke.

He might be foolish for thinking so, but perhaps there could be a nonviolent resolution.

Elsewhere, he could feel the darkness receding. The defenders must be pushing back the assault. Or equally likely, this was a raid intended to test defenses, or for some other purpose already achieved. Still, it was good that the wound was not deeper and that the storm was receding.

"I prefer not to kill, if it can be avoided," Denn said. "I realize this is contrary to Sith philosophy."

He deactivated his own saber, and took gentle steps away from the edge he had been so close to falling over.

"My name is Denn. Denn Verdan. I am a Consular Knight."

He looked up at the sky for a moment, then back down to her.

"There are paths through the Force that do not take you into the ways of the Sith. Paths with much less pain. Much less uncertainty. The Sith way is one of competitive advantage. Never a breath. Never a pause. Always the next violent task or trial. Never knowing whether your friends will betray you, leave you to die, or even kill you to take your place."

He shook his head, "It doesn't have to be that way. Tell me your name. Let me advocate for you to start again somewhere new. Away from all this violence and blood. You don't have to belong to the Sith to find a place for yourself in the Galaxy."

Ansisa Ansisa

Ansisa let out a snort of derision that devolved into laughter. "Cute, that you think your words can sway me from my cause. My loyalty is and always will be to the Sith Order. Peace, is a lie. Friendship is for the weak. You Jedi deny the truth of the world, pain is a strength, strength is power. I could waste equal breath on you that you have me attempting to convince you of the truth but I recognise a lost cause when I see one."

She cocked her head. "I do however, recognise a worth adversary. My name is Ansia. Remember it, Denn Verdan Denn Verdan for I have every intention of finding you on the battlefield in the future." It was time to fall back, she could not defeat Denn and his allies alone. A fact that fuelled her ever constant rage.

Snap-hiss

Ansisa ignited her blade and threw it, passing him in a wide arc to boomerang back round as she took off. A mere distraction for her retreat nothing more. A burst of force speed and she was away, hand extending behind her to draw the blade back to her palm as she ran. There would be punishment for their failings, of that she was certain, but at the very least they had learned the Bith was not only protected but their allies were not to be under estimated.

[Exit Thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom