Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrorist Plots?

Tyden Sheppard

Heroes, there is no such thing
Ok, so since Tyden is a terrorist/crimelord how would I Rp with that? Like let's say I bomb a republic civilian area, would I do that with the factions permission or what?

Here's a example of what I mean by bombing:
*Bomb strapped unknowingly to man walking in a plaza controlled by the republic.*
*Bomb blows up, killing the man and killing many civilians*
*Panic swarms through the city and republic troopers look for the man responsible*
*Tyden hacks into control network and lets out a worldwide announcement of what he had done*
*Republic places a bounty*

Get in touch with Republic officials for anything large scale / that can gravely influence their territory or logistics, such as mass-scale terrorist attacks of some sorts that can, but are not limited to, include bioweapons, mass-destruction weapons, general revolutions, rebellions, and other assorted things. For something like what you mentioned, it's best to post in the Republic OOC forum and drum some interest from their member base, see if anybody is interested and go from there. I suggest talking to [member="Corvus Raaf"] or [member="Kian Karr"] since they are, if I'm not mistaken, the defacto heads of Republic OOC stuff.

[member="Tyden Sheppard"]

I can't speak for the faction as a whole, seeing I'm not the faction owner, an administrator, one of the leading figures in the faction, etc., but I would think you don't need permission seeing you would be killing NPCs, and if you needed permission to attack a faction, it would be kind of crazy to think that the only way to do anything against another faction is with their permission, so I think you're fine to do this.

Now, if you want to wait until one of the admins or someone who actually is part of the Republic staff wants to speak, that's fine. I would say that the only thing I think they might say is not to go overboard with the explosion, that it destroys part of the Senate or something like that, that you go overboard in the destruction, but if you were to kill a large number of NPC civilians, I can't see there being any rules against that.

You don't have to, especially with something relatively small scale, however it may actually aid in its publicity OOC if you do get the Faction onboard with it. After all, this drums up a lot of roleplay for their members too. Besides, it doesn't hurt to be respectful :)

[member="Lady Kairos"]
[member="Mak Manto"]

Not entirely required, according to the rules, but as Kairos mentioned, it's a thing of respect and all. Plus, better to be on the safe side and have something beneficial for both parties than running in blind and risking a bit of pointless drama. I ain't faction administrator either so I could be blowing smoke, but eh. Never hurts

Tyden Sheppard

Heroes, there is no such thing
[member="Yvette Dusong"] [member="Mak Manto"] [member="Lady Kairos"]
Also, how would I discuss this with them worth joining their faction? You know to get to a forum to talk about it within the faction?

Post in the RP discussion forum, mark it Faction and specify it's for the Republic / Jedi :) The Republic has their Faction locked at the moment, but that's why we have the RP discussion area

Yeah like people have said communicate, make it a fun story, give the republic something to stop or save, even arrange a skirmish. Making it a ticking timebomb in your posts, that's how i'd do it to raise the suspense, multiple locations with clues to the next in each, each post is another minute off the time. (Just an idea)

You've got to be willing to give and take though and if you are going in alone you've got to be willing to lose or at least arrange just a few people against your character(s) in a 5 vs 5 in a skirmish or a private thread with just a couple after you, rather than a zerg rush. I'd even rp out the trial ;) as they can be fun threads if people will give you one.

You could just PM me, or make sure you tag me if you want to discuss on the open forums.

Do you need permission? Of course not. But will IC actions have an IC consequence? You bet. So it might be worth having a chat.

It all depends what you want to achieve. Not including us means no bounty for example, because we wouldn't IC know what you did. And you'd be RPing any interaction with police by yourself as we wouldn't know to chase you for example. To echo previous points, walking into a shopping mall with a bomb? Easy. Walking into the Senate building? Probably impossible - but with dialogue there's always a way around these points.

As I say, it's all about what you want to do with this.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom