Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Terraforming- An Outpost- Tatooine

Jonyna couldn't help but give a toothy smile at that. "A fellow dreamer I see." She looked up to the twin suns, a longing look on her face. "I dream of a world where all species are under the same banner. No Jedi versus Sith, Rebel versus Empire, no evil among any world. Where people like me don't need to exist..."

wb1.png

TAGS: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"I think my dream is more believable. "
Tempo smirked, "What even do the Jedi do?" Tempo asked curiously.​

"Do good. Protect the Innocent. Inspire hope." She said broadly, smirking a little as she leaned on the windowsill, looking out on the desert outside. "I'm no politician. I can't dictate how the galaxy will go, I'm just the janitor who cleans up the messes and takes out the trash. And I'm happy to do that. You? You make a difference. You could make a lot more a difference within the order I'd say, but overall, you're looking to make a difference. I'm not the type to try that. Happy to help, happy to give you ever resource you need, happy to teach you anything you might want to know, but I'm not looking to change the galaxy like that. I'm looking to inspire people like you. So that they can do what I can't. I...hope that answers your question."

Tempo Tempo

"I know someone who can." Jonyna offered back with a smile. "Jedi archives are full of that kinda stuff. Anami could probably teach you that. I'm more an expert in the sword swinging and the heroic speeches."

wb1.png

TAGS: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"But if I leave I can't watch my plants grow.... I estimate ten to fifteen years to get a lush green forest established. " Tempo chirped. " That's a lot of time to me. Most of my whole life is as it is. "​

See with eyes unclouded by hate

WyqnG5p.png

A’Runda was still in the area after his last big event on the desert planet. Hunting down a juvenile sarlacc who’d been alchemically corrupted into a sithspawn. A being like it would’ve been a disaster for the local ecosystem. He couldn’t leave such a blight for his Mother, Tatooine.

With still plenty of time to kill he tried to learn about what was happening on the planet since he’d last visited. Although with the way he looked, A’Runda had a better time communicating with other Tuskens in the area. The Sand People spoke of an odd development. A garden out around Anchorhead, but one they choose not approach fearing it to be a sinister oasis that has taken the life of a krayt dragon.

Becoming more than intrigued by this A’Runda set out into the sand on top of his trusty steed, Darwin the Dewback. A stubborn and lumbering lizard that he had befriended years back, and has taken with him on adventures on and off world. Eventually he caught sight of the estate over the horizon.

It was a very odd sight for him, with the sizable amount of greenery. Approaching what seemed to be the entrance to some sort of cave house he noticed the skull of a young krayt dragon. The thing that spooked the Tuskens he spoke to. Turning to his steed, A'Runda spoke.
“I imagine someone has gotta be home right?” He reasoned, these plants couldn’t just grow like this on their own. Walking up to the front door A’Runda raised a gloved fist and knocked on it. Then hoped they would be welcoming to the tusken.

Tempo Tempo | Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Last edited:

"And what will I do if Mandolorians or Jawas think it would be a good idea to raid my little cave whilst I'm away?"

As the conversation continues between Tempo and Jonyna inside the cave, the sound of knocking echoes through the chamber. Tempo's attention is momentarily drawn towards the entrance, and they exchange a knowing glance with Jonyna.

"Ah, it seems we have another visitor," Tempo remarks, a curious smile playing on their lips. They motion for Jonyna to stay put as they make their way to the entrance, intrigued by the unexpected guest.

Opening the door, Tempo finds themselves face to face with a stranger seeking solace and answers in the harsh desert. Tempo's amethyst eyes meet the stranger's gaze, and they offer a polite nod of acknowledgment.

"Greetings," Tempo says, their voice warm and welcoming. "Please, come in. We have a humble abode here," Tempo says, gesturing to the organized chaos of the workshop. "I'm Tempo, the caretaker of this place."

Inside the cave, amidst the organized chaos of the workshop and the thriving greenery,

WyqnG5p.png

The Tusken didn’t need to wait very long before the door was opened. Standing there was the sight of who he assumed to be a small girl of some kind. They welcomed him seemingly without question. They must not take issue with the Natives here. Considering how hesitant the other sand people were about coming here it wouldn’t surprise him that they didn’t have much interaction. “Thank you…” A’Runda replied as he nodded back and stepped into the estate.

The lilac haired individual mentioned a “we” and soon enough the Tusken noticed another individual through the red lens of his goggles. A feline woman of similar stature to himself. Who had given a slight wave to. Then he looked around at all the vegetation inside as well.

“It’s a rare sight to see so much green here on Tatooine.” A’Runda said, looking back at the short pointy eared individual. “Oh sorry, where are my manners, I’m A’Runda.” He added before offering his gloved hand to shake.

"I hope in a few years it'll start to look like it did in its ancient history. " Tempo offered. He awkwardly looked at that hand and after several long moments, he reached out and shook it. "You can call me T." Tempo offered lightly. "You're welcome to refill your canteen traveler; I have water in minor abundance here. " Tempo added. "I don't presently have much in the way of wares presently but you're welcome to stay the evening if you require rest. "

WyqnG5p.png

In ancient history? Even in ancient history Tatooine was a desolate wasteland. But he understood what they meant. But to someone like A’Runda they were talking about pre-history. Before even the Sand People and Jawas roamed the deserts, and before glass turned to sand.

They were very welcoming too, a far cry from the demon the sandpeople spoke of before he came here. “A pleasure to meet the two of you. Miss Jonyna and Miss T” A’Runda he unintentionally misgendered the lilac haired individual. Assuming they were a young woman of some race he didn’t recognize. The Jedi mentioned they were here to learn about T. Seemingly here the same goal as him.

The Sandman turned away from the two and looked down at one of the green plants that were growing in the room while the feline woman asked her question. Examining it before asking. “If you don’t mind me asking, are you using native plants? Or offworld vegetation?” To him it was a very important distinction.

"I have some security measures in place. " Tempo offered to Jonyna.
"A little of column A a little of column B - mainly because fungi generally need moister to grow so I tried to find similar species that are congruent with fossilized remains of what once existed here to get the desired effect. It is a rather involved process to help the root systems of the trees take hold and not just slip away. I need to get a few herds of Bantha together to help make the ground fertile and less sand-ish. That's going to be a crucial step." Tempo didn't bother trying to correct him or draw attention to the fact that he was a he.

The Chico translated into Tattooine's gravity well two weeks ago to offload their cargo and fulfil his bargain with the Hutts.

Their rates were reasonable, a few crates of spices for a hundred thousand. He made the delivery himself of course, accompanied by a small retinue of heavily armed Satorians and their only droid.

Good thing too, Xitli sensed their hostility. Satorians were crafty and highly intelligent but their strength and durability was severely lacking. The local business leaders probably thought they could intimidate them into a lower price and keep the profit for themselves.

Instead they hostility turned to caution when the 7ft Couatl was seen accompanying them. It was a cargo and maintenance unit, but they didn't need to know that.

Xitli had long since learned to use his species anonymity to their advantage.

Meanwhile, his science officers took the opportunity to survey the planet. Updating their star charts and instruments, which so far was the most valuable resource they had and upon his returned reported something strange.

Tattooine was a planet that had succumb to a phenomenon known as desertification. It's geological record evidenced that it was once a temperate world, habitable but that was millennia ago and yet their instruments detected a small but dense pocket of unidentified flora.

The natural conclusion was a Terraforming project, albeit not on the industrial scale of the Avali it was a significant development, and more than that a opportunity to offer their expertise and technology in exchange for raw materials. Such a contract would be a worthy offering for a partner.

"Prepare my retinue and transport." Xitli chirped excitedly.

“Huh? I wouldn’t have considered the use of Fungi to help the plants grow. I always imagined they would have the opposite effect.” A’Runda said back to the brief explanation. Still looking at the plants in the room. He’d definitely gotten used to seeing vegetation from his time offworld. But it was still very interesting for him to see them here on his homeworld. He wondered if it was even possible to turn Tatooine lush like it had been eons ago in times before even the oldest sarlaccs rooted themselves on the planet. The Sandman simply continued to look around as the feline woman continued talking to the lavender haired “girl”.

Last edited:

"So...if you do...what's the problem with leaving then?"
"I suppose you have a valid point. It's true that I could potentially step back and entrust my droids to handle most of my work, following a predefined routine. However, I can't help but ponder whether the plants would thrive in the same way without my constant presence," he mused, his thoughts trailing off.

Tempo turned to Jonyna, a spark of curiosity lighting up in his eyes. "So, Jonyna, what kind of difference do you aspire to make in the vast expanse of the galaxy? And how do you plan on bringing about that change?" he inquired, his tone carrying a hint of challenge.
His gaze grew intense as he continued, "I ask this not only out of curiosity but also because I believe that the galaxy is rife with injustice. Slavery, for instance, still persists in many corners, despite our technological advancements. It's a blight that tarnishes the very essence of freedom and equality. So, tell me, Jonyna, how do you intend to tackle this issue and make a lasting impact?"
Tempo's words hung in the air, waiting for Jonyna's response, his desire to understand her perspective evident.

As A'Runda ventured deeper into Tempo's tinker workshop, he stumbled upon a hidden entrance leading into a magnificent hydroponic garden room. The door slid open, revealing a breathtaking sight.

The room was a verdant oasis, bathed in a soft glow. Towering vines clung to the walls, creating a tapestry of lush greenery that seemed to stretch endlessly. The air was rich with the intoxicating scent of blooming flowers and the gentle hum of life. Sunlight poured in from a skylight above, casting dappled patterns on the floor below.

In the center of the room stood a crystal-clear pool, its shimmering waters reflecting the vibrant foliage that surrounded it. Colorful koi fish gracefully glided beneath the surface, their scales glistening like precious gemstones. Delicate water lilies adorned the pool's edges, their petals unfurling in a symphony of pink, white, and yellow.

A'Runda had the chance to marvel at the diverse array of plant life that thrived in this sanctuary. Towering trees, their branches reaching for the ceiling, provided shade and a sense of serenity. Exotic fruits hung from branches, tempting him with their vibrant hues. Cascading waterfalls trickled down moss-covered rocks, creating a soothing melody that echoed throughout the room.

As he wandered deeper into the garden, A'Runda discovered hidden alcoves adorned with intricate sculptures and delicate terrariums, each housing a miniature ecosystem of its own. Tiny fairie-like creatures flitted about, their ethereal wings catching the light as they danced among the blossoms.

The hydroponic garden room was a testament to Tempo's love for nature and his commitment to preserving its beauty even in the confines of his underground sanctuary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom