Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Terraformation

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus | Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe | Rann Thress Rann Thress

It was rare Daegon was nervous, but this had been the first time the Corvinus' had given an open invitation to the Confederacy since Seraphina had woken up blind. They had also not shown off their terraforming efforts on a wide scale such as they had planned. Yet, when Sera told the Demon not to be nervous, the Epicanthix nodded. For her he would steel his nerves and ensure that she would not sense his anxious thoughts. Her am fell into his as easily as it had always. The confidence she displayed had taken a bit of the edge away from Deagon as it showed she was adjusting more and more. Things between them had changed in part because of the blindness, but their love for each other had only been made stronger.​
"Won you, that I have done, but now my angel, I must keep you."
He smiled, and though she would not see it, the sound of it would be in his voice. Dagon did like to make her blush, but he also enjoyed reminding her of how much he cared. She was the only light in his dark world, and the only goodness his wicked heart had ever known.​
Naturally, Seraphina had insisted she could have done more, or they could have been more prepared. While they were running late, even if things had been perfect, Sera would find something that could have been better. It was in her nature to strive for more, to please her guests. Their happiness seemed to contribute to her own. The woman was truly selfless.​
Daegon was curious about why they had not been notified about the arrivals, but he was pleased to hear the representative from GUIDE had arrived. It was his intention to learn more about they hyperlane project they had been working on and how it might be expanded as the Confederacy had grown since the project's inception. Another smile tugged at his lips.​
"No my love, we should not keep them waiting at all."
It seemed they were heading toward the Crystal Forest, a maze to those who did not know their way around it. Seraphina was right to be concerned, for without a guide they were sure to be lost. He did not want that to happen, especially considering who the guests were. Losing a son of the Vicelord would not look good for Thyferra or its first family. Should they let them go, or should they interrupt them? There was only one answer to Sera's question, and Daegon acted as soon as he was certain they were within the sound of his voice.​
"I am sorry that we are so late in our greeting," he said to the pair that seemed to be enjoying themselves. "It seems that you are headed toward the Crystal Forest... it is quite the maze, but if you would like a tour, Seraphina and I would be more than happy to take you through it. I am Daegon Corvinus, of course, and this is my lovely wife Seraphina, the Angel of Thyferra."

Last edited:

T H Y F E R R A

rann.png

WEARING: A coat

TAG: Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus

Rann was incredibly thankful that his attempt at a compliment was passed in favor of his parentage.​

Of course, the question of his parentage was what it always was.​

It wasn’t an unexpected, or unjustified observation. Isley Verd and Rann Thress didn’t look very similar. But through the Force their bond was obvious to see.​

“Hah. Metus was the milkman.” It made for a very difficult upbringing among Rann’s mothers other children. Yet Rann had power in the Force and they did not. So it didn’t bother him too much. Once he learned who his father was, the same obvious question of HOW? plagued him.​

“It’s fair. It must be that after years and years of sleeping around, the important things of my father are given more priority. Like Force Sensitivity.”

“You’ve no idea, though. Family Reunions in the Verd Clan? If no one told you we were related you’d never assume any of us were family. Maybe it’s some Sith joke of Metus’ to just say people are his children.” He shrugged.​

Just when he was about to ask Magdalena another question, perhaps about his Father, their hosts, the Corvinus’, showed up. Rann couldn’t help but be thankful. While he did enjoy the time with Magdalena, it was only a matter of time before he said something irredeemably embarrassing. Once he started down that road of faux pas it only got worse and worse.​

Telling her her helmet is cute? W h a t is w r o n g with me?

After Daegon introduced himself and his wife Seraphina Rann turned and bowed towards them. They were due his respect, and he would treat them with it.​

“My Lord, my Lady. I am...” he thought for a Second. No one knew him as Darth Qanah yet, and even still he’s been introducing himself to Magdalena as Rann. It was... probably best to continue to wear that face. Even if his reddish yellow eyes told a completely different story.​

Ahem. I am Rann Thress. Knight Obsidian and Son of Vicelord Metus, here on his behalf.” As he rose from his bow he gestured widely with his arms,​

“I have to say. Wow. A lovely home, my Lord and Lady. Thyferra has done well under your care, it would seem.”

As he dropped his arms back to his side, he bowed again.​

“And it’s nice to finally meet you both. I’ve heard so much.”

The Angel and the Demon of Thyferra. Quite a lovely couple, and intimidatingly powerful.​

He made sure to stay close to Magdalena.​

"Metus was the milkman."

Magda giggled and it pinged through her mask speaker in a tone like bells. It wasn't that she didn't believe him, it was only that she had very little self control when perusing curiosities. Her sister called this a lack of filter and broken decorum, but her sister also wasn't very good at making friends. Magda reveled in creating connections, and the easiest way to do that was to be interested.

You have to be interested to be interesting ... words of her father.

"Stranger things happen every day, I'm sure," and she warmed to the talk of family like an adventurer warmed to a bowl of soup after a trek through the wilderness. She missed her family dearly and the homesickness she thought would ease off after a few years had only grown stronger. In lieu, Magda had found making a family out of her GUIDE compatriots to be a reasonable filler. All different cultures and races of all different backgrounds and stories.

"Your family sounds like the Eden Foundation, have you ever heard of them?"

But she wouldn't get a chance to a reply; their hosts had arrived and in such splendid fashion. Magda gawped at the sight of the woman, grateful again for the umpteenth time that day that her expression could not be discerned through her faceplate. And with practiced measure and grace, she curtsied to the pair of them in time with Rann's bow, as if it had been planned all along.

"Viceroy, Lady," she nodded respectfully to them both, waiting for Rann to introduce himself before doing so as well, "Magdalena Lethe of GUIDE. Thank you so much for inviting me."

A pleasant pause gave time for Rann to speak his thoughts and a nod given in agreement to them all. It was beautiful and she was quite excited to meet them both as well.

"Did you say Crystal Forest?" Magda exchanged a short look with Rann who had taken a step closer to her, "I would just love a tour," she bounced on the toes of her boots and gave an enthusiastic nod, "how exciting!"

TAG: Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe | Rann Thress Rann Thress | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus
bottom.png

For once she was grateful that her eyes were hidden by a silken blindfold. He would know instantly that his words had struck an eternal resonance within her when he referred to her as his. It didn’t seem to matter whether they were married ten months or ten years. She was still the same, shy, sweet creature that he had met among the Moons of Iego. He sought to lavish her with every possible level of opulence he thought she deserved; but she required very little. They could live in a grand estate or a house fit for a mouse and she would still love him all the same. King or pauper—He was all she needed.

“You know I am always here, Daegon.” Always yours.

The warning came through from security that their guests were wandering the estate in a silent wave band. There was very little at Heaven’s Gate she did not hear these days. While her sight remained little more than blackness and the occasional gray blob her hearing had become super-sonic. She could hear a pin drop two floors up. Hear a tree fall half-way across the property.

While she hesitated on interrupting the pair it seemed that her beloved disagreed. She bit her lower lip but fell into step beside him with their fingers entwined. It was a little worrisome that they were heading for the Crystal Maze alone. She was one of the few who could navigate it fully without difficulty, and that, was only because she cheated.

She was quite curious as to why the progeny of the Vicelord kept referring to Darth Metus as the milkman. Was he not the leader of the Confederacy? Surely, he did not deliver milk. Seraphina might have asked but that would give away that she had been unintentionally eavesdropping. The last thing she wanted to do was make them uncomfortable. Daegon introduced them and the seemingly young royal swept into a delicate half-curtsey that conveyed the proper respect. Iridescent wings fluttered at her shoulders while she listened intently for their words. “Thank you for your kindness and understanding. It is a pleasure to meet you both…”, she chimed in sweetly, with tones that seemed akin to a birdlike chirrup.

“Please…Call me Seraphina. There is no need for such formality here.”

The blind diathim returned to a poised stance and one of her translucent wings rose to brush affectionately against Daegon’s shoulder at the notion of Thyferra prospering. Rann Thress Rann Thress would not know it but the progression of this planet meant everything to her. “Thyferra…She was so wounded when we met her. She has been burned by the Sith. Mistreated. Drained of resources without replenishment. The people were restricted to living in a space station that the former Galactic Alliance created before they fell…”

“They can return home, now. Safely. No toxic fumes or radiation.”

What had been burned had blossomed anew. Better and brighter than ever. An achingly fond smile swept over sweet features and her affection for the world they called home would be entirely evident. It held all the love and tenderness of any mother. “She is strong.”

She. As if the planet, Thyferra, was sentient. To Seraphina it almost was.

Realizing that she was speaking to guests and not at a pulpit for those that might besmirch the integrity of their reformations a gentle blush touched her cheeks and she seemed to draw closer to Daegon. He was safety; security. Home, her true home, even with all that Thyferra had to offer surrounding them. Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe sounded terribly excited about the Crystal Maze. Seraphina could not see her to know that she wore a mask, nor, would she be able to discern the colors they wore.

She could only tell who they were by the sound of their voices.

The excitement that the representative of Guide exuded made Seraphina want to agree immediately. It was infectious. The diathim was a being that gravitated toward goodness with an innate aura that left others with a sense of warmth and acceptance. Making others happy seemed to be her joy. Truly, she and Daegon were exact opposites. While he worried about the more perfidious aspects of being a Viceroy, she existed to support his endeavors without a dark thought in her head.

“If Lord Thress would not mind the detour—The Maze is my favorite place to explore.”

bottom.png

TAG: Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus | Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe | Rann Thress Rann Thress

Always. It was a word that implied constant. Daegon did not believe in such things, but he when Seraphina was involved. If she said it, he would believe it. There was something about her word which made him want to believe, and when he spoke of such things with her, he did, he meant them. When he said forever, he always meant it. There was something about the angel which brought light to the demon. His world was a dark one having witnessed the devastation of Thyferra for his own. His vision to see it restored would not have been possible without the hope Sreaphina birthed inside his heart. It was the only goodness which he was capable of.​
"Always," his reply came as the pair followed the way to where their visitors were.​
Daegon heard none of the things Sera had picked up on. Perhaps if he had the man would not have had any reservation about making some kind of humorous attempt at the son of the Vicelord's expense. It seemed that propriety would win out, which was much preferred to the demon anyway. The Viceroy of Thyferra was always cordial and proper in regards to how he treated his guests, after all, impressions were everything. He liked to mainatain an illusion of kindness, even though he was not a kind man in any sense of the words. There was only person who received his kindness, and she was already at his side, arm entwined with his.​
Greetings were exchanged, all of them proper. He smiled at the excitement which seemed to be expressed toward the Crystal Forest. It was not a safe place to get lost in. The most beautiful part of their grounds was also the most deadly. The formations had been found why building Heaven's Gate. Knowing that it would be possible for Seraphina to have to defend herself, Daegon had the crystals arranged in such a way that she could take advantage of their resounding properties. Daegon had always found her voice beautiful, but one scream aided by the force would cause great damage to those lost in the forest. Not only did their guests need a guide, but they needed to be led by the Lady of the House herself.​
"Your kindness is appreciated, and please, as my dear Seraphina has suggested let us drop the formalities for now. This is a friendly visit after all." His head also turned to Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe and gestured toward the direction of the forest. "Thyferra fell victim to two great invasions. The Sith devastated this planet twice under a different banner than they fly today. I was young when I witnessed the ruin they caused. Slowly we have made progress, and as far as we have gone in the past decade, there is more work to be done. There are cities in the Southern Hemisphere which still are untouched by our efforts."
It was not an admission Daegon freely made without feeling a sense of sadness. Despite his cold heart, this was his home. His pride would not allow him to rest until the entire planet was restored. The work would require time, skilled labor, and more benefactors. While this meeting was not meant to be business, Deagon hoped it would at least be inspiring.​
His hand reached across to rest on the arm of his wife. Her wing had grazed his shoulder, no doubt meant as an encouragement to all the hard work Daegon had accomplished. Seraphina had been an equal in all things, and he had no reason to hesitate in sharing the credit with her. Even she could not attribute credit to him without his protest.​
"You will find much of the designs and architecture inspired by celestial and mythical creatures. We are a world that has risen from the ashes, and every detail has been meant to showcase such a thing. Much of the credit to that belongs with my Sera"
His words would fill the time it would take them to make their way to the forest where they would be greeted by the cool hue of the crystals. The forest was filled with pinks, purples, and blues, as the sunlight refracted off each formation. As they moved closer the the sight of the forest would give way to its sound. A low hum could be heard through the formations were known to produce. For those who were not used to it, the sound and sight of the forest could be disorienting, but no less marvelous.​
"Stay close, if you will. After a while it all begins to look the same."

T H Y F E R R A

rann.png

WEARING:

TAG: Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus

“If Lord Thress would not mind the detour—The Maze is my favorite place to explore.”

If Lord Thress...

Lord Thress....

Lord Thress.

Rann’s eyes were thrown up in surprise, and a smile so wide appeared on his face it was a wonder the top half of his head remained connected to the bottom.​

“Never have I needed something so much in my life and never known until I’ve received it.”

He bowed to both of them again.​

“Please, I am your guest here and would greatly appreciate the chance to see all you have to offer. Nothing in this magnificent estate could ever be a detour. “

He listened to Daegon speak as they approached the Crystal Forests, and he took the time to gaze upon the architecture to match what was said with what was seen. This place seemed to not settle on any one theme, so instead they opted for every theme in one. And, to their credit, the Corvinus’ blended them perfectly. Nothing felt disjointed or out of place. It was a feast for the eyes you could stare at a wall for hours and find new details lurking about.​

As they approached the Forests, Rann could hear the hum from the crystals before he saw them. When they finally came into sight their brilliance did indeed disorient Rann.​

He placed a hand on his head and squinted, rubbing his forehead and slightly shielding his eyes. It was...a lot.​

“Eesh. Words don’t do it justice. This is. Wow.”

Too much. he thought. If ever there was such a thing. For even a Sith born from innate desire and greed, opulence had its limit.​

Perhaps it was just the one two punch of the hum and the colorations. Perhaps it was his own Kyber crystals crying out at him for what he had done to them. But he felt uneasy. He tried, however, to not portray any type of discomfort for his companions, and removed his hand, looking at Daegon and Seraphina.​

“A mind blowing sight.”

He tried to say more. To add. But he couldn’t. Words had failed him in this moment.​

He looked at Magdalena, hoping for her to save him.​

She felt like she was in a museum.

No, an art exhibit. A big one. A glorious one. Lead around by the artists themselves. Take no mind of such musings, fair people of the galaxy, for Magdalena Lethe lived for this kind of experience. The young woman absorbed every word and took the opportunity of being lead to pay more attention to her surroundings than when previously leading. There was something to be said in that nuance: leading versus being lead. How many details had she missed over the years leading GUIDE instead of allowing another to take the lead?

"Oh my-corrhizae," she awed over the sight before her as they entered the forest, feeling a swell of scintillating energy on the air the likes of which she hadn't felt since her run-in with the Force Nexus on Naboo. Except this time she didn't feel like she was dying - but more like flying. Magda felt like the crystals were singing to her a high and bright melody, though intelligible and unheard, she felt it in her very being.

It reminded her of her mother's Force presence.

"Haaa-"

"Eesh. Words don't do it justice. This is. Wow."

She looked to Rann, curious in her own elation of how his tone absolutely didn't match the feeling in her chest. Didn't he feel it, too? Wasn't it magnificent? A moment to watch his body language told her no.

"Stay close, if you will. After a while it all begins to look the same."

"A mind blowing sight."

Magda took hold of Rann's arm, gently this time, and looped her own through the crook of his elbow, "I find the buddy system works best in a labyrinth," and gave his arm a gentle squeeze with her opposite hand, "we'll stay close. Please, lead on, and tell us more about the forest. Is it naturally forming like the caves on Illum?"

She waited for one of their guides to start speaking again before looking up at Rann and asking quietly, "Are you ok?"

TAG: Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe | Rann Thress Rann Thress | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus

bottom.png

They both became so impassioned when they spoke of Thyferra.

When Daegon mentioned the Southern hemisphere, he would feel her frail smile fall. Not enough that their guests would immediately notice, but enough for a husband who knew his wife well. His touch to her shoulder was the great equalizer and her sadness was kept at bay. For now. He knew how she felt about the parts of Thyferra that still lay in ruin. That bore the black smoke and char of a planet beaten, broken, and burned. It was a cruelty no world should need to bear.

Her expression fell into something a little wry and indulgent when Daegon passed her a compliment that once again made her cheeks burn. He was truly incorrigible. “My husband provides me with far too much credit. At best, I am his muse for intended success.”

She could not see the surprise and smile that Rann Thress Rann Thress issued when she addressed him but there was something in his tone that she did not understand. It was pride that mixed with equal parts pleasure and joy. She could feel the wind move, signaling, yet another bow. Courtesy dictated that she reverently incline her head in kind. Seraphina had been born titled. A princess of a small moon that boasted a prosperous, though, hidden kingdom. Learning manners and etiquette were some of her earliest memories as a little Nephilim. “I am glad we were able to provide something of requirement Lord Thress. Heaven’s Gate is intended to be…”

Well. Heaven.

“…A place of peace.”

It seemed that he indeed, did not mind, and her focus shifted toward their representative from GUIDE who seemed utterly enamored with the scenery. Seraphina found herself enjoying their responses. She could no longer see the carved statues or beautiful flowers that had been hand-picked. Her world was a mottled thing of darkness. It warmed her heart to hear and feel someone else enjoying what they had fought so hard to maintain. She recalled, with clarity, the first time Daegon had brought her here.

Her first thought…All of thisFor her? It seemed ludicrous. But, that had been the intent of her beloved.

Corrhizae, Lady Lethe. What does this mean?”

Seraphina was curious as a kitten about the phrase she had never heard before. A soft touch pulled the hand of her husband toward her cheek. For a moment, she pressed the back of it against her skin before she let it fall away to lead the group through her domain. This maze was more than it appeared to be. The crystals glimmered in the bright sun almost merrily. As if they had a will of their own. Some found the frequency at which they naturally resonated disorienting—And she was acutely aware of that. It was part of the reason it surrounded the main entrance to the sprawling chateau.

The young woman smiled as she trailed ahead and read the low vibrations that emanated from the crystals so that she could navigate. It wasn’t an exact science on most days but her connection to sound seemed exceedingly precise here. She could hear something had changed with Lord Thress, though, she knew not the meaning of it. It wasn’t until she heard Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe ask their guest if he was all right that she wondered if he might be suffering from exposure.

Immediately, she felt sad and sought to apologize. They were taking such poor care of their new friends.

“Forgive me...”, she murmured softly, before she raised a single finger to her lips, and “shushed” the crystalline formations that they passed. They soothed their raucous sparkling and a lilting sing-song-sigh ran through the trees that they passed. Rather than blaze like a white dwarf, they muted and became distant stars. The hum that might leave them with a touch of tinnitus lessened even further. “The crystals were actually here before we were, Lady Lethe.”

“We are not entirely sure how they came to be. It could have been a result of the war. Pressure, burning. When Daegon began to build he found caves deep within the mountain where they grew and we transplanted them here. We thought they might not survive. But, they have. Very well.”

Seraphina led the quartet through the Crystal Forest with practiced ease. She dimmed the reflective crystals as she went, sweetly, making them sing before temporarily winking out. It was a strange effect that she was able to manipulate by tweaking sub-sonic vibrations. In the center of the forest lay an intricate stone garden. It was a good place to take a reprieve. The angelic statues that littered the area seemed a little too attentive, though. A little too alive, as if, they moved. “We learned, like many things on Thyferra, that beauty and danger come hand in hand…”

“The crystals resonate with sound.”, she explained, her head instinctively turned toward Daegon. Was it safe to talk about? They seemed to be among kind-hearted individuals with a respectful nature, but she was a little hesitant. She didn’t know how others might react to her peculiarity. Iridescent wings gently caught the light while she adjusted and they wrapped neatly about her shoulders like a shawl. “They resonate, with me. The forest can be more than a showpiece…”

“It is a defensive matrix.”

One that she could try and explain, though, never show. She hated the thought that she could ever cause anyone harm. The seraph brightened slightly and her head turned back toward their guests. It would be almost eerie how she seemed to always know where they were, even, if she couldn’t see them. “If they interest you, we could gather immature agate, saplings, for you to take home with you. They don’t require much to thrive. Just light, water.”

From here they could make their way toward the terrace. That was where most of the goods she had carefully prepared were patiently waiting.

bottom.png

Their guests seemed to be amazed with the forest, and as Deagon had anticipated they found Sera's favorite place on the grounds to be breathtaking. The low hum was one that would disorient those who were not used to it. There were ways to mitigate that of course, and as it appeared that one of their guests was dealing with the resonating properties of the crystals, the Demon waved his hand and created a force barrier to shield them all from the sounds of the crystals. They did not intend to bring harm to their guests after all, and Sera would never forgive herself if anything did happen to them. It was released the moment Sera silenced the hum.​
Seraphina downplayed her role in the reconstruction efforts as usual. Her modesty was not natrual to Daegon. He was as vain as she was not. From the suits he wore, to the way he carried himself, the opulence with which he surrounded himself was a testament to his personality. The beauty of their grounds was for her, but the wealth of it was because his vanity would not allow anything less. She had told him the day he brought her to Heaven's Gate, she had told him that she would have been just as happy living in a shack. Deagon had demanded his princess live in a palace, and so that is what she was given.​
As they walked through the formations, Sera explained their purpose. Daegon smiled, interjecting where it seem appropriate to do so. She was a much better host than he was. In this moment Seraphina shined bright, and despite her lack of vision, she moved as though nothing could hinder her. The crystals were as deadly as they were beautiful, not unlike his wife at all. The Angel of Thyferra left out one important fact. The formations were just the conduit.​
SHE was the weapon.​
Her song could become a bellow that would pierce the ears. A scream that would become deadly. It was also their secret. The demon could not have anyone knowing that it was the Angel's song which proved to be so deadly. She had already been hurt once because of intervening in an attack. She would do whatever it would take to protect those she cared about, and the home they had built. Thyferra was as much her jewel as it was his, but Deagon would not intentionally place her at risk.​
"And this is why she is a much better host than I shall ever be, offering formations without demanding a price. The businessman in me would never give something so valuable away for free."
His searched for those of his wife, only to meet the scarf which covered the gaze he had grown accustomed to. A soft smile, that she would not see, pulled at his lips. There as a slight sadness to it knowing that he missed it so much. The demon recovered quickly, returning to his stoic disposition. She was the only one permitted to see beyond the façade he wore for the masses. This included their guests.​
"However, since she would scold me for such an attempt, and since I give my Angel whatever she wishes, we will have the droids prepare the shoots for you."
Their footsteps would carry them toward the terrace. Once again, Daegon walked with Seraphina, side by side. His hand crossed over to meet her hand, the one that had been laced through his arm. They were always together, and while they were not ones to broadcast public displays of affection, when together their hands always seemed to find their way together. It was subtle, not overt. Over the past decade this was simply who they had become. He loved her, and he loved the pastries which she had prepared.​
"You are about to sample another reason why my dearest will always be the better host. The desserts and pastries which have been set out, they were hand made by her. The jam filled ones are my favorite, you must try them first."
Daegon did not wish to wait for the others to sample, knowing his manners would likely be called into question. His feet made their way across the stone patio which overlooked the water, a smallish stream which ran through this part of the property. It was one of several streams which made its way through. He motioned to the wine which was available to them as well. Daegon briefly let go of Sera's hand as he selected a few of his favorites as well as hers. Could she still see it would be like her to find a tome and read it, but now she would sit with them, with him. A chair had been pulled out for her as Daegon would ensure their guests were served.​
"Please, enjoy."

J E A L O U S Y
rann.png

WEARING:

Before Rann could even open his mouth to answer Magdalena’s question as to his health, Seraphina had spoken very softly asking forgiveness, and soothes the Forest. As Rann pulled his hand away from his forehead, he looked at her and blinked.​

“Well I-...The-...Well my-...I mean. It’s gone now. Thank you Lady Cor-... Seraphina. It was just a bit overwhelming... nothing to apologize for.”

He turned his head to Magdalena and smiled, “Thanks for the concern, I appreciate it,” and turned his head to Daegon as he spoke.​

So the entire forest was a weapon. Impressive. A bit concerning that they were currently inside a death trap, but Rann could appreciate the design, and boldness, of their defenses and of their showing them off. He smiled.​

“Beautiful and dangerous. I like it.”

He was, however, very keen to leave the area, and followed Daegon eagerly onto the terrace. As they approached a table he motioned with his hand for Magdalena to sit first, before leaning to grab one of the pastries.​

He took a bite before he sat down and his eyebrows raised. He almost spoke with his mouth full but touched a hand to his lips to stop himself. Once he swallowed, he spoke.​

“You made these Seraphina? They’re...amazing.”

He took another bite and sighed happily.​

Corrhizae, Lady Lethe. What does this mean?”

"Oh, uhm-" it wasn't often that Magda got caught in the throes of her own geekery. A gloved hand awkwardly lifted to paw at her headress in the similar vein one might fold hair behind their ear in a moment of embarrassment. "Mycorrhizae ... ah, refers to the mutually symbiotic association formed between certain fungus and the roots of plants. It permits plants to uptake additional moisture and nutrients, particularly phosphorus....which is essential to the plant's lifecycle ... and, ahem..."

She passed a look around as the shimmering veil of a Force bubble swallowed the group whole, glad only for Rann's momentary suffering if it meant shifting attention from her nerdiness to his needs. Just like that the singing of the crystals had dampened to a hum as gentle as a breeze. Magda sighed, finding she missed that sensation so quickly for as strongly as it reminded her of family. Perhaps that was best.

"Thanks for the concern, I appreciate it."

A distracted look was given to Rann and a silent squeeze on his arm was his reply. An arm that she vacated as they left their crystalline surroundings for a lovely open space complete with a waiting meal. How splendid! If only...

"This is lovely, truly. Unfortunately I cannot partake," Magda gestured to herself and her mask, glancing to Seraphina only to suddenly recall the woman was blind, of course, "I am constrained to an environmental suit and pre-processed meals that have been specially prepared for my ... medical needs. But past-me would have gladly eaten at least one of everything. It all looks delicious."

TAG: Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Rann Thress Rann Thress

bottom.png
Seraphina shot Daegon an empty, playfully blind glare, that he would recognize even with the silken blindfold that hid her eyes from view. They weren’t pleasant to look at anymore. The color had drained and they seemed to hold too much milk. It was disconcerting for others, so, she hid them. He knew that she had no trouble sharing their precious things with their guests because they had many to spare. Why should they have so much, when others, had none?
The lilting diathim swayed just a little while Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe explained what “corrhizae” meant and pearl pink lips formed a neat circle while she accepted it. It made sense. The crystalline formations were very strange indeed. The exact botany was a mystery to her, though, she had learned how to handle them from the environmentalists that helped transplant them. The after-effects of their resonating were something she had learned much, much later. “It seems that you are knowledgeable on the subject, Lady Lethe. I would enjoy a moment to pick your brain should find yourself with a free moment. I am more familiar with their current function versus ‘how’ they have come to be.”
She couldn’t tell right away if shushing the ringing from the crystals had soothed any difficulties that Rann Thress Rann Thress might have been having. The words that followed caused a delicate smile to spread. He had a peculiar way of speaking, almost, as if she may have flustered him. Her expression melted into something exceedingly lost. Full of understanding, comfort, and without an ounce of undue pity. It was simply her nature to see the best in others. “We must take care of you both while you’re here…”
“What host would let their guest come to harm?”
Seraphina paused, briefly, before seeming to come to a truly unfortunate thought. What if they were so displeased that they refused to return? That would be most awful.
She let Daegon explain a little more but never actually inserted why the crystal lattice would or could activate in a defensive network. The realization that she could tune her voice to the exact pitch that would cause sub-sonic vibrations to ring through the forest had been a hard one. It wasn’t just a sense of “disorientation” that presented. It was far worse. Tinnitus at a minimum. A potential for liquefying soft internal organs at a maximum. It was not something she could cope with.
“There are many things, plants and creatures, that fit the mold of both beauty and danger. From what I understand a large star bird, a phoenix, has been sighted outside some of the habitable zones.”
Seraphina joined her husband at the stairs that led to the terrace as easily as water combined when it flowed downstream. Her hand reached for his, only to find him waiting, and a quiet smile touched the kiss of her mouth. It warmed her that he always knew when she was looking for his presence. She knew him so well that she could often predict what he might say before his lips ever parted. She could not read minds. But, she could read him.
Daegon led her toward a seat and she heard the chair scraping back on the stone. Her wings unfolded and refolded properly, laying flat against her back, before she gracefully slid into the wire-topped patio piece. She could hear the others closing ranks and finding a place at the table and waited patiently for everyone to get settled. The inevitable crunch of flaky, crispy pastry, being sampled. Lord Thress asked if she made them and the diathim nodded her head, though, a touch shy. “My helpfulness is limited and I like to be useful…This is something small I can do. Daegon and our staff very much so like them for breakfast. Please, have as many as you like.”
The color seemed to drain from her youthful features when Lady Lethe explained that she wouldn’t be able to enjoy anything on the terrace. Her voice had seemed a little distant, but Seraphina hadn’t been able to put two and two together that she was wearing a suit. “I—”
Now it was her turn to stutter and search for the right thing to say. Her hands twisted in her lap for a moment, feeling her cheeks began to burn, while a distinct sense of sadness passed through her. Not for pastry that might go to waste, but, for a seemingly vibrant woman that was trapped within a suit. Separate from the world. How unbearable, that must be. “I did not realize that this would be the case.”
“Please forgive our ignorance.”
It felt mean. To dangle things that looked, lovely, before her while she couldn’t enjoy a single one.
Seraphina would make it up to her. Agate saplings for Magdalena Lethe, plus, takeaway for Rann Thress to enjoy throughout his trip home.
Daegon brought her a cup of hot tea and placed a few of the treats she liked best on her plate and she moved to pick up the thinly handled cup. They would notice that she seemed to count her way toward the porcelain but using her fingers to measure the distance between her plate, utensils, and finally the beverage. Careful, exact. “Might I ask…”
“What news have you about the galaxy at large? You both likely travel more than I.”

bottom.png

They were truly the opposite. Seraphina was so generous while Daegon was one to hoard their wealth. There were only two things which could move him to a generosity that could match that of his wife. The needs of the people of Thyferra, and the Angel herself. It was why he would allow Seraphina whatever she wished. Being generous made her happy, and the Demon had spent the past decade and more doing everything in his power to make her such. It would not be a lie to say he did more so now than before she had been blinded.​
When the blindness was still early a melancholy had settled on her the likes of which Daegon had not seen since the day he knew would fight to win her heart. He blamed himself for them both, a conversation he knew she would force out of him one day. The times he had seen her the most sad had been a result of something he had arranged, or the invitation to remain at his side in all of his affairs. The guilt would never truly be something he would be rid of, nor the desire to see the one who shot his friend and bride. Both of their lives had been irrevocably altered that day.​
He smiled at her words, and the way she cared for their guests. It was in moments like these that she seemed to have a measure of joy. The Angel of Thyferra had not been set aside because of her blindness, and Daegon had done everything to reassure her that he could not love her any less because of what happened. Early on they did not have many guests, but now, now they would show the galaxy the work they had accomplished. Sera's natural disposition toward hospitality was a great boon, as was her eagerness to learn all she could.​
"It has been some time since we have had a scientist among our guest list. Your thoughts on the process and methods we have employed would be intriguing at the very least," Daegon spoke to the woman.​
His lips curled up in great amusement as the son of the Vicelord complimented the pastries. A chuckle escaped his lips as the force was used to retrieve the decanter of wine the Demon had set aside for the moment. Naturally there was hot water for tea as he was aware not everyone enjoyed wine so early in the day. Daegon was rarely seen entertaining without a glass in his hand.​
"They pair well with this wine... I find it to be my favorite for desserts, if you wish to try?"
The disappointment coming from Seraphina did not settle well with Daegon. It had been an oversight on their part in regards to the condition of Magdalena, one that should not have happened. The Demon would scour over reports later as he tried to determine where they had missed that information. In the meantime, they would all simply settle themselves to discuss the galaxy at large. Daegon knew of the wars, they had certainly been good for business. The cooperative effort between himself and Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas had also been making considerable progress. It would not be long before the funds needed to finish their work would secured.​
As the Demon sat next to his Angel, a hand reached for hers under the table. A reassuring squeeze was offered as his thoughts pressed into her mind.​
<<"We will have better information on our guests next time. I am sorry I did not know, my love.">>
Neither of them had, and as Seraphina apologized for them both, Daegon nodded his head toward the woman as well.​
"I would like to know as well," Daegon added. "Aside from the briefings I receive as part of the Viceroyalty neither of us have traveled as much as we once did. Tell us of the things you have seen, witnessed yourselves. What adventures have you been on?"

T H Y F E R R A

rann.png

WEARING:

Rann had to restrain himself from gorging on pastries. Each bite was better then the last and he found himself at least once absentmindedly grabbing for another one before he caught himself and crossed his hands over eachother on the table.

“I would love a glass of wine, please and thank you.” He wondered quietly the selection available, but instead chose to partake of whatever was most readily available as opposed to whatever sweet red he would, ideally, prefer. Wine, after all, was wine. In fact he found himself wondering as he followed suite, summoning the wine to his hand and carefully filling up his glass, if it would not be better for the night if the wine was dry as opposed to sweet.

Easier to avoid proving himself a glutton that way. With sweet wine and these pastries it was entirely possible that Rann would end this night three sizes bigger, passed out on the table with crumbs on his mouth, in his beard, his hair, and on his clothes as well as wine stains absolutely everywhere. And another invitation to Thyferra would, almost certainly, be beyond his grasp.

“I hope the wine doesn’t pair too well.” Rann found himself joking as he took a small sip. He recoiled a bit, as to be expected from the first drink of a dry wines and smacked his lips. “That is nice. A nice compliment to the pastries for sure.”

He smiled and bowed his head slightly, “I have to say, again, how happy I am to be treated like this. You go above and beyond here and I am very flattered.”

He shrugged when asked about any adventures he’s been on, “I’m afraid I’ve been kind of...boring lately. Much of my time has been spent back on Rannon trying to salvage what little KO presence was there, at the temple. And, of course, managing my own little vanity project Point Besboi. It hasn’t gotten the attention it deserves, and come to think of it, I really should focus on the planet as a whole more.”

It could use more statues of me.

He smiled to himself when the thought crossed his mind. A perfect utopia it would be if the galaxy’s Best Boy had an entire planet dedicated to him. And Why not! It did share his name after all.

“I could forgive you two not leaving your home that often. This place is paradise, I wouldn’t want to either if I called it home.” He turned his head to Magdalena, then back towards the Corvinus’.

“At any rate I’d be pretty happy if I lived the most boring life compared to you three.”

"Oh," Magda withdrew mildly from the compliment of being called a scientist, "I'm not a scientist ... not really. Just a nerd that loves to read about obscure subjects. If you want the opinion of a actual scientist, I'd be happy to have my head of Research and Development visit. She'd just love what you've done here. And, please, don't fret about the suit. That's my fault. I could have been more forthcoming about my ...situation, I just don't really like talking about it."

She hoped that would alleviate their worries. The last thing Magda wanted was guilt on their part - that wasn't why she was here. Taking the seat to Rann's right, she settled in for further conversation. It had become somewhat easier over the last few years to ignore or overlook foods put in front of her that she couldn't enjoy. The last time she'd eaten anything outside of her designated nutritional meals she'd been sick for a week.

"I'm much the opposite of Rann here. Since the Confederacy signed on to their sponsorship of GUIDE, we've been incredibly busy. We're working on routing and forging a new major hyperlane straight through the heart of Confederacy space, so I've been on the move for much of the last year. We ran into some trouble plotting the section just past Bothawui ... my crew was beset by a nest of Starweirds, we almost lost a few people. I had the opportunity to stop at the old Obsidian Knights headquarters on Roon and spoke with Master Taiia - she's going to talk to your Commander about getting some volunteers to help us clear out the nest so construction can begin."

Rann Thress Rann Thress Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus

TAG: Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Rann Thress Rann Thress

bottom.png

Small hands held delicately to the sides of her teacup while she blew ever so softly to cool it down a little. It was a faux pas that she would have certainly be scolded for as a youngling but she had faith that their guests would forgive her less than exact dining etiquette. It wasn’t as if she had her elbows propped up on the able, after all. The diathim simply loved having people visit their home. She liked to hear voices, stories, and each unique perspective.

The Gate was a place of beauty and wonder—But she could not see it.

Daegon tried his best to include her in his efforts for Thyferra and the Confederacy but the truth of the matter was plain. She was only situationally useful. If the scenario did not call for a soft touch or a gentle voice? She was little more than a fairly pretty bird in a gilded cage. Caring for others, even, simply doting on their guests brought her some measure of peace. When her husband went for the wine, as always, a doting smile spread across primrose pink lips. “Be careful Lord Thress… My Daegon enjoys very, very strong wine. It sneaks up on you, quite quickly.”

Not that she minded if Rann Thress Rann Thress decided to go all in. There was no safer place than Heavens Gate to let loose and forget the woes of the galaxy for a time. Daegon would certainly enjoy having a new day drinking partner since Derek Dib was otherwise indisposed for a little while. “If this does not suit your tastes, we have many more. Most are made here on Thyerffa but we have a few imported.”

He might have thought that passing out on the table covered in crumbs would be rude, though, Seraphina would think it a high compliment. Good food, good wine, good company and a nice rest in the afternoon sun. It wasn’t as if she could see any possible mess anyway. Lord Thress thanked them again for their hospitality and Sera found a small nugget of happiness. “I would wish that anyone who enters my home feel…At home.”, she ended, rather quickly, while her nose crinkled cutely.

It was the truth. A home was not made of statues and paintings. Nor of the wood and permacrete which gave it height. It was the people who filled it. The laughter, the conversation, and the care that could be extended. It was the very reason she insisted that organic domestic staff be kept to a minimum. There were more than enough protocol droids at their disposal and she had no want to many anyone feel inferior. If only she could find a way to ensure that Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe also enjoyed her time.

Typically, pastries were a splendid icebreaker. This could be tricky.

When the woman spoke about not being a scientist Seraphina listened intently. It made sense. It was rather like her disability in a way, though, it seemed that Lady Magdalena had it far more difficult than she. “I understand…It’s not as if I warn others that I cannot see. For similar reasons. That being said—If your head of Research and Development would like to visit, we would be pleased to receive her.”

Both of them had interesting things to say.

Seraphina felt Daegon reach for her hand and her head turned toward him and she smiled. He was always close by and always seemed to know when she got in her head about something. Obviously, she felt guilty about Magdalena still. It couldn’t be helped. But she wouldn’t make an issue of it as that would be equally rude. Her expression, even half-hidden by a blindfold, would tell him everything he needed to know. <<I love you too, husband.>>

It had nothing to do with what he had mentally reassured her of but it did get straight to the heart of the matter. He hated to see her saddened, for any reason, and always sought to correct it. She held his hand in her own and for the briefest moment, he resumed being her sun in a dark lit sky. Everything she had always wanted, and truly, never thought she deserved. Seraphina returned her focus to their guests and her lips pursed to the side. “What happened to the Knights Obsidian on Rannon…”, she asked Lord Thress before her head turned toward where Lady Magdalena would be seated. “And what…What is a Starweird?”

Seraphina couldn’t imagine what that was and it would be immediately obvious that she was delightfully curious about both things. News from around the galaxy that might seem small to either of them was still quite exciting from her position. She knew the value of a hyperlanes, well, from what was needed to transport bacta from Thyferra to buyers. Anything that stopped it was a detriment to them all and that was quite interesting news. The assessment that Lord Thress gave caused her to smile in his direction. They were blessed that Thyferra had been so good to them.

“The Gate is peaceful, tis true, but sometimes it can be a little too much of a good thing. It is one of the reasons I love visitors. You’ll be the talk of the town for weeks…And I am fortunate enough to have the inside scoop.”, she returned, nose crinkling again, with what could have been a cheeky smile. Though she could initially be a little shy around strangers it didn’t take long for her to warm up. There was most definitely a little bit of something interesting beneath angelic wings.

She merely hid it very well.

"More statues of you," Daegon laughed as he took a sip of his wine. "Heaven's Gate, Thyferra, they are a testament of themselves. Long after Seraphina and I are gone, the work we have done will stand as a monument to our greatness. My projects are as vain as anyone else's, but the subtlety by which I go about parading my worth affords more clout with the people than more egregious methods would."

The Demon of Thyferra rarely found it difficult to disagree with anyone. What made Derek Dib such a good friend was not that they saw eye to eye on everything, but that they both felt free to give their opinions. Daegon did not fault anyone for having a different opinion than his own. Often times the bacta mogul could be found encouraging people to take a position different than his own. What Daegon could not stand were fools. The Viceroy of Ra'Katha was one such example. The Demon had long thought the man used his position to gain what was best for him, and not even the people of Ra'Katha. He would test anyone, including Rann Thress Rann Thress , to see how they measured.

His ears did pique at the mention of the hyperlane project. A half grin pulled at Daegon's lips as he leaned in a bit more. Natrually Seraphina had already invited the head of their research and engineering to come and meet with them. Between what they might offer in regards to terraforming the rest of Thyferra, and how they could help make the shipping of their bacta easier, this was a meeting which was essential. Daegon could only echo the words of his lovely bride.

"We would love to entertain them as guests, and perhaps more. I am certain we could find there is mutual interests both our companies share which would lead us toward working together in the near future."

It was not unlike Daegon to try and conduct business, even in settings such as this where they found themselves entertaining guests. It would likely being a small sense of displeasure to the Angel, but he could not help himself. Long before the two had been wed the business man had learned never to allow an opportunity to pass him by without at least a mention. They did not have to come to an agreement this day, nor did the business need to move past the invitation Daegon extended by way of his observation.

He smiled as he ensured his wine glass, and that of his drinking partner, remained full. Seraphina's words fell upon his thoughts, and his hand reached to give hers a small squeeze once more. They never needed to exchange words often to let the other know how they felt. Daegon was always doting over the woman whether it was in the form of gifts, as Heaven's Gate had been, or touch. They could never be away from each other for long it seemed, and that had become even more so since her accident.

It seemed Seraphina's curiosities were going to bring them close to business regardless, even if that had not been the intent of the tour. The current state of the Knights Obsidian was one Daegon was interested in. Voph had been a decent Lord Commander by all accounts, and his resignation had not come as a surprise for those who knew the pride which the man was known to harbor. His choice of replacement, however, seemed to be ill prepared for the task ahead of him. Natrually the Viceroyalty did not argue as one would have thought the Miraluka knew what would be best for the Knights, but Daegon was curious.

"What I am most curious about is what your opinions are about this Gerwald Lechner. The Knights seem to need as much rebuilding as Thyferra needed when I became the Viceroy. Do you think he is up to the task?"

The question was simple, but Daegon hoped the answers would not be. Both of their guests would have ample time to answer. Daegon was certainly not in a hurry, nor was his bride. This was what she loved, to entertain. As she had stated, Seraphina would have the inside scoop as to what was about to be the talk of the city. That only meant more opportunity for her to entertain more guests. Daegon was happy about this. While they did not leave Heaven's Gate often, it was not because they did not wish to. They remained for Seraphina's recovery and comfort.

In truth, Daegon could not wait for the day his wife could join him in the capacity she had once maintained before the tragic events on Olanet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom