Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Terraformation

thyferraparts.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus | Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe | Rann Thress Rann Thress | @CIS

Daegon paced back and forth as he waited for the news of the various shuttles which were on route to the landing pad which was attached to his home. Much work had led to this day. Years of his life had been dedicated to the many projects which had seen Thyferra raised from the ashes, the result of many various wars which the planet had suffered. The conflicts had left the planet ruined, nothing more than eyesore in many places. Had it not been for the galaxy's dependence on bacta even the Xucphra Corporation may not have survived the onslaught. It had been his position in the company which had granted him the leverage he needed to gain highest seat of power the planet could offer. Naturally it had come with a promise, one he had always intended to fulfill.​
He would rebuild Thyferra.​
There was on person at his, one who had been as passionate about his work, Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus . From the moment he had first brought her to Thyferra and showed her the devastation first hand, the Angel's heart poured out for the people and planet. It was wounded and needed healing. Together they had pledged to make the planet better than what it had been. It had been difficult work, but the two had worked hand in hand. Daegon had consulted his bride often, shared every bit of his work with her. It was rare they were ever apart.​
Today Daegon was the fidgety one. Usually Sera would be a mess worrying about whether or not their guests would like the baked goods and desserts she had spent the better part of two or three days preparing. It amazed the Demon of Thyferra how she could accomplish so much by the work of her own hands, but it was something she enjoyed. Even if the staff were employed to help, the elegant serpah would always be among them, getting elbow deep in wheat flour and dough. It was quite the sight to behold.​
The Demon opted to wear the color of their world. Blue. He wanted to impress. He wanted those they were expecting to see how far they had come, and the innovations they brought to the world. Most importantly, Daegon wanted to establish himself as the kind of leader the Confederacy needed in a time of chaos. No, he was not preparing to run against the Vicelord. He would not abandon Thyferra while there was still so much work to be done. His promise and duty was to them first. The events of Siskeen had put him and his bride on a more visible pedestal among his peers, however, and Daegon intended to use it to advance his own carrier while gaining the much needed support he needed for the remainder of the terraforming projects ahead of Thyferra.​
"It seems I am the nervous one today," he said as he heard the soft footfalls of his wife coming to join him.​
They had both adjusted to her blindness, and they had found ways for her to see and move about that only brought them closer together. Daegon's eyes were often her own, sharing his sight to her mind to paint a picture of the surrounding area. Both of them had looked into ways for the woman to regain her sight, but they had not settled on the best course of action. The technology certainly existed for cybernetic options, but the Confederacy also had friends among the Jedi which had fabled healers. A dark side user, Daegon did not understand the principles behind their methods of healing. The Sith could have dabbled into the methods available to him, but they would have only left Seraphina in pain. That was not an option for him.​
"You look as resplendent as ever my love, and as delicious as those pastries you have prepared for today."
A smirk tugged at Daegon's lips. He still liked to make her blush, and while he would not be so bold in front of their guests, or their staff, Daegon would never miss an opportunity to bring color to her cheeks while they were in private. He liked to make her squirm. He liked to tease.​
Deagon offered his arm.​
"Shall we go see to our guests? They will be here soon!"

Rann2-0.png

T H Y F E R R A
Wearing: XXX

“Corvinus keeps a clean house, I’ll give him that.”
The shuttle ride down was mostly quiet, giving Rann ample time and focus to look out the viewports and study what was soon to be his surroundings.
“That’s Heaven’s Gate? Fancy. I’ve never felt more out of place.” He chuckled and turned away from the window, silently awaiting the shuttle to land so he could depart.

When it did, Rann quickly departed. He didn’t like riding in ships that weren’t piloted by him or his droids or his men. And he had come here on ‘business’ with some other, Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe , meaning Rann had to take official transportation. Rann knew very little about her. What she wanted, why she was here, why he was here.
Truth be told he just wanted to see if Corvinus really could make Thyferra bloom again. Thus far, he hadn’t disappointed.

But looks could be deceiving.
As Rann departed the shuttle he took the time to gaze around, take in the sights. This place...seemed unreal. Too perfect. Fantastical. Didn’t at all match what he pictured of Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus . But then again, this was another individual Rann had very little knowledge of. Him and his wife, Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus , were both unknowns.

What Rann did know, and respected, was that both his hosts were involved in Siskeen, the same day he was...born.

“I suppose I’ll have to be on my best behavior here.” He said quietly, despondently, to himself. The scars of Ryloth weighed, and showed, heavily on Rann. And he had heard Siskeen wasn’t a picnic either. They all carried something from that day. At the very least, that called for...a more tactful approach. As such, Rann elected to leave his mask behind, and wear a more elegant ensemble.
He did, however, feel a bit...naked without his mask. He could feel the paleness of his face and the pale red-yellow of his eyes. No doubt, he could feel the corruption begin it’s work to eat at him, change him from Rann into something else. Someone else.

But as awkward, hideous, and out of place he felt, he still chose to continue forward. Appearances were everything, and despite it all, he’d show his best.

Tarsunt_Plain123.png

"I remember stories of Thyferra told to us as children," Magdalena sat within the pilot seat of the Magesteria, watching as the planet of Thyferra slowly grew to fill the viewport before her, "an older Thyferra, one that had been under Sith rule well before the 400 year darkness."

["That was a long time ago. I am sure it has changed a great deal since those days."] the gentle tone of Dr. Roenkari answered her through an open comm link. Yet another journey through the stars on her own while the final efforts were made to prepare for clearing the Heart Line's route of the Starweird nests. So little that could be done in the meantime. She'd taken a long route back from Illyria after her meeting with King Adron Malvern Adron Malvern in order to better assess the situation of a new hyperlane project. On her way she'd made several stops, notated unmarked systems, and narrowly avoided getting crushed by a wayward Exogorth. As expected, there hadn't been much to find between the King's home and the tail end of the Crusader's Way, but she was at least able to make a few other stops along the way to help spread the word of Illyria's future provenance.

Hallowend, Ceto, Kal'Shebbol - her contacts there in trade had been appraised of the plans. Ceto, especially, was intrigued to learn considering CETO's involvement with the Heart Line project.

She wanted to make more stops along the Rimma, but time was against her. An invitation to Thyferra had found its way to her through the various grapevines of CIS contacts. The more people she talked to, the more people wanted to talk to her. It was a good thing, but Magda couldn't help thinking she wished she had a few clones of herself to talk to them all. She was capable of many things, being in two places at once wasn't one of them.

"The Viceroy has spent the last several years terraforming the planet from what I've read on public media reports. I wonder if it's anything like what Aesir Neth did on Exocron." The God of Knowledge had turned the Moross Crusade's capital planet from a desert wasteland to a tropical paradise through his mighty powers. Magda wasn't sure it was easy to compare - Neth had taken control of the planet's weather to make it so, he'd not contracted great programs of machinery and technology to accomplish his goals.

["Have you considered showing King Malvern the HALCYON systems for Illyria? The Crusade made good use of that technology between their main resource planets. Could be a valuable asset to his future plans."]

"That's a good idea," Magda prepared the Magesteria for atmo entry, "I'll send him the details in my next exchange."

["Tell me all about Thyferra, after. I cannot help my curiosities for it."]

THYFERRA: Heaven's Gate

Leaving the confines of the Magesteria, a world of brilliant greenery greeted the GUIDE Founder as she stepped out onto the landing platforms. It had been some time since she'd walked the earth of a real planet, experienced real gravity, heard real birdsong upon a real breeze. Synthesized planetary environments on ships had advanced with great leaps and bounds over the centuries, but nothing really compared to the true version. She wore the same formal enviro-suit from her time on Illyria, and turned under the sunlight as she noticed it gleaming off the ultrachrome plating.

She felt light again, in a way that only being planet-side, under the sunshine, could really manifest. The warmth radiated just enough to be felt through the thinner material of her suit, and though she wished she could smell the scent of the forest around her, Magda resigned to enjoying the sights as they were. Ethereal and splendid. Just lovely.

And then she nearly walked into Rann Thress Rann Thress and the entire moment was utterly ruined.

"Seven Sisters Nebula ... my apologies. I - I," oh, oh. Oh my. Hello handsome.

"...hi."

Last edited:
Rann2-0.png

T H Y F E R R A

This estate of the Corvinus’ was quite breathtaking, and Rann found himself zoning out as he walked just eyeing the sights. As he walked, slowly and distractedly down the hall looking at the fantastical sights around him with not a single thought on the path ahead of him, he did not notice the woman on a direct collision course with him until the two were right on top of eachother.

Looking back just at the nick of time, and quickly realizing his mistake, Rann blurted out “Uh oh!” unintentionally and tried to double step to avoid crashing into the poor girl.

So much for best behavior. Five minutes planet side and he almost barreled into somebody.

“Oh Jeez. No no, it’s my fault, I’m sorry I...” He said sheepishly, embarrassed, while staring at the ground. “I wasn’t watching where I was going.” He said as he raised his head to meet the woman’s eyes.

“Oh you’re wearing a mask. Oh.” He scrunched his eyebrows and stared at her and looked away quickly

“Had I known I would have worn mine.” He said under his breath, feeling ever more naked. He quickly remembered he was to be on his best behavior, not his usual self, and returned his gaze to her smiling slightly, “I’m sorry again, hello. I’m... uh. sigh. I’m Rann.” He forced the name he no longer felt a connection out, and offered his hand to the masked woman.

Tarsunt_Plain123.png

The mask stared back at the man who stared at it, gleaming silvered violet in the afternoon sun.

It had taken Magdalena a long enough amount of time to get over her insecurity about her enviro-suits. Anymore they were beginning to feel like a second skin, natural even amidst the populations of the galaxy. She didn't even think about the fact that she wore a helmet and visor most of the time. Not until it was pointed out.

"Oh, you're wearing a mask. Oh."

Uhm. Did he really just... Hokay. Keep it together Magda. He's not making fun of you, he didn't call you weird, and he doesn't look upset. The helmet is fine. This is fine. Everything is fine. Don't make words yet - just wait until he finishes.

A tethered squeak of a sound escaped her as she attempted to think of how to respond to that very obvious statement.

Yes, they're very fashionable. You should try one.

"Had I known I would have worn mine."

Wat.

Hold up.

"I'm Rann."

Magda shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other and glanced down at the hand offered to her as if he were trying to offer her a rabid animal. Her mind jumped various tracks of thoughts, attempting to get to the right equation of cordial return greetings.

"Haa-" nope, wrong channel, "I'm mask," her gloved hand reached for his and shook it, paused, squeezed, "I mean Magda," back to shaking, gentile-like, "Magdalena Lethe. It's a pleasure to meet you Rann. And yes, I am wearing a mask."

There we go, on the right track now. Chugga-choo.

"Well, helmet, really, but - semantics. You ... also wear a mask?"

Rann Thress Rann Thress

T H Y F E R R A

rann.png

WEARING:a Coat

TAG: Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus

Rann chuckled at Magdalena lightheartedly.

“Pleasure to meet you as well, Magdalena.” He responded, smiling. He couldn’t help but enjoy how...uneasy Magdalena seemed. It was very endearing. A nice change of pace from his usual company.

“I’m sure you’re more than just the Mask or helmet.” He crossed his hands over eachother and held them in front of him.

He looked away from Magdalena, pondering how to answer her question. He got the sense she had to be in hers. It looked like some type of enviro-suit to him. His mask was more of a...security blanket.

“Yeah I... I mean.” He pointed at his face, namely his Sith yellow eyes and pale complexion. “Mine is a little more...I dunno, for show? But it’s... not for polite company. It’s pretty, but it has its purpose. And it doesn’t fit here... I don’t think.” He looked back at her.

Neither do I, he thought to himself.

“I do feel a bit naked though.” He said with a tsk.

“But enough about me!” He said, shaking his head, “so uh, seems like you and I are due to meet our hosts here together. Plus whoever else may arrive.” He smiled again and stood aside, gesturing with an arm for Magdalena to lead the way. “Shall we? Maybe you can tell me more about yourself!”

"I'm sure you're more than just the mask or helmet."

That had to be one of the nicest things anyone had ever said about her lack of face. Behind the glasteel visor, hidden within the faint fog of internalized medical necessity, she beamed. The pointing finger to his face got a questioning tip of her head. It was clear he was pale and had yellow eyes, but to Magda this meant very little - as unfamiliar as she was with the Sith and the Darkside. Perhaps he was a human off-shoot? Was he mayhaps sensitive to the sunlight? No, that would beget necessity and not ... well, fashion.

She wanted to ask but the man was quick to shift the discussion to her. Unfair, that was her conversational tactic outside of business matters.

A nod and she fell into step beside him, hands lightly folded at her front, "Well, I am the Founder of a company called GUIDE. Ahm - the name is an acronym for Galactic United Information Database Enclave. We work to better connect the peoples of the galaxy and build a more unified and accessible galactic community. We're presently developing a new major hyperlane for the Confederacy - I believe that's why I was invited out here by the Viceroy. He must be interested in the Heart Line project ... maybe. I'm not really sure, actually."

She offered a small shrug, what else to say? When most people invited someone to talk about themselves it wasn't typically because they were actually interested in the person, but more interested in keeping the topic off of themselves. Time to test the theory.

"What do you do, if I may ask?"

Last edited:
T H Y F E R R A
rann.png

WEARING: A Coat
TAG: Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus

Galactic...United….what did she say?

Despite asking, Rann wasn’t prepared for the amount of information Magdalena gave him. Try as he might to retain all of the information, some of it slipped through the cracks.

GUIDE. Got that. New hyperlane. Got it.

“A new hyperlane? Huh. Tell you the truth, I didn’t think that was possible. That’s pretty impressive, and your goal is noble. I hope everything goes well for you. And, whatever your purpose here, I hope it goes well as well.”

He turned and smiled at her softly before turning his head back straight towards where they were walking. That would have to do for now. Despite his best intentions to be polite, some of what was said just passed through, but he didn’t want to come off as insincere.

“I…”

That was a difficult question for Rann to answer. He was still pretending to be Rann. Should he answer the job that Rann had? Or...come full force and introduce himself as a Sith with the name Darth Qanah, Lord of Greed?

That, like his mask, wasn’t for polite company. And it was far too easy to slip into the hype of his Sith persona. A name drop here, a simple change of state of mind and He’d likely find himself ravaging the palace out of a jealous rage for everything Daegon possessed that Qanah didn’t.

No, that wouldn’t do. He’d be Rann. For now.

“I’m a...Knight of the Knights Obsidian. I’m also Lord of a planet very very very far from here, Rannon. I suppose I’m here to report back on the state of Thyferra, but to be honest I’m not quite sure.” He shrugged as he finished his sentence and turned back towards her.

“Not quite as noble.” he smiled again.

“Most of the time I’m just a soldier. Times, assignments like this?” He jerked his head up to gesture at the scenery around them, “Rare.”

“Truth be told...I’m not my most favorite subject to talk about.”

Not anymore, anyway. Rann Thress could talk about himself forever.

“But I’ll be happy to answer a question for a question? What made you want to start GUIDE?”

Rann figured that while they wait, they may as well visit. And he liked this masked woman.

Knights Obsidian. Those guys were all over Confederacy space. And he was a Lord. She bit back the sudden surge of excitement and hoped that she would later remember to inquire about his conclave of warriors. They were set to help GUIDE clear a portion of the new hyperlane of Starweird nests and she wondered if he might be joining in that venture. Later, Mags, he's still talkin'.

The admission of intent was noted and she mentally configured herself for less invasive curiosities. Now a question for a question ...

"I think I can handle that. Soo ... GUIDE," how to answer that without popping the seal of a long-standing untold truth, "was the result of my brother and I becoming stranded in the middle of nowhere in my ship. We sat for nearly a week before anyone found us, and when we finally got a tow to a nearby system we had a very difficult time finding someone capable of speaking basic. Turns out space travel is less intuitive than it really should be. I couldn't help but think how many people had been caught in the same situation...it shouldn't be that difficult, you know?"

"We decided to do something about it, and went about developing the foundation of what later became GUIDE. We wanted to make space safer for the common person, easier to get around, and provide a means to guide people to their destination."

She glanced up, the sun of Thyferra reflecting in the glass of her faceplate, "Ignorance in the stars is deadly, but preventable."

A beat, Magda thought on her question for him, one that wouldn't require too much introspection or opening of skeleton-filled closets, "Do you prefer to be in space or planetside?"

T H Y F E R R A
rann.png

A want to make the galaxy a much better place born out of a negative experience. That was something Rann could sympathize with, for sure. As respectable a reason for the founding of an organization with a goal as any.

“I respect that. A solid cause to fight for that helps everyone. It’s nice.” He nodded

“To be honest? I prefer being planetside. For precisely that reason. Space is...terrifying. The thought that at any moment something could go wrong and I can’t fix it?” he shuddered for dramatic effect. “It’s scary. At least on the ground, for the most part if something goes wrong I can at least try to fix it.”

He stared at her, and the urge to ask the obvious question ate at him. Why the suit?

But he knew that might be a very personal question and decided against it.

“Hmm…. Where’re you from?” It was the only question that immediately came to mind.

"Hmm," he couldn't see it, but she was smiling, "I'm the opposite. I find existence in space to be very straightforward. Your necessities don't change, but their importance really holds value up there. Planetside we become complacent, take everything for granted. Space makes you appreciate things more...like a pretty sunset or gravity."

In space she could fix things. Down here? The easy fixes were often muddled with the detritus of luxury and opinion. In space there wasn't time to decide whether or not to fix an issue with your air supply.

"I am from Naboo, but my family moved around a lot when I was young. I traveled to more planets as a child than the majority of adults have in their lifetime. Always liked being on the move, exploring, finding new places to go and things to discover."

"How long have you been with the Knights Obsidian?"

T H Y F E R R A
rann.png

How long had he been part of the Knights Obsidian? It seemed like a lifetime ago, the years have just started blending together.

“I...hmm… It’s been….Five years? Seven? It’s kind of hard to remember exactly how long it’s been.” He looked down at his robotic right hand and squeezed it shut. He had gotten this souvenir about the same time he first joined the Confederacy. Truly, the day he was ‘born’.

“Five or seven years I guess.” He said, putting his hand down back by his side.

“You said you lived on Naboo? Lovely planet. Almost too pretty.” He chuckled.

“Most exciting place you’ve ever been to?”

Five or seven years was about how long GUIDE had been around. She appreciated the guesstimate, it told her more than the words presented. When time escaped you it usually did so for a few important reasons.

"It is pretty. My family's main home is out in lake country so we never spent much time in Theed or the other cities." And though she had very much enjoyed her childhood there, she enjoyed the journeys out across the stars even more. Visiting places like this, whose landscapes were wholly unique to the planet, were well worth the danger of crossing the stars.

"Exciting?" a difficult question. Magda made a sound of thought, "I guess that depends on what sort of exciting you mean. I've been to Zeltros and Ossus and Kashyyk. Mandalore - now that was exciting. It was my very first mission for GUIDE. My Pathfinder and I got knocked out of the air in our airspeeder by a giant flying beast, then stranded in the jungles, almost eaten by a carnivorous tulip, and then hunted by ... I don't even know what it was. Ended up getting rescued by a local Mandalorian clan. What a trip."

At the time all of those things had been utterly terrifying and made her question her life choices. Looking back, it had been the start of an interesting friendship with Isaiah Dashiell that she never could have imagined forming otherwise.

Their stroll had brought them along the path from the landing pad to the main chateau, and here they found themselves before an open entryway into the building. Magda paused, her propriety getting the better of her, "Mm... I haven't seen sign of our host yet. Should we go in?"

T H Y F E R R A

rann.png

WEARING: A coat

Rann listened intently to Magdalena’s story. Mandalore. The home of his Father. A tomb world now, from what he understood. How he’d have liked to see it in its prime.​

“It seems you’ve been on quite a few exciting adventures. Truth be told it has me a bit jealous.” He smiled a little smile and looked at her.​

Part of him wanted to see what she saw, experience the same exciting adventures, but...​

“Should we go in? Is that your question?” He chuckled at her, and his own teasing. “Good question. I would hate to impose upon our guests but... hey if you lead the way I can say it’s all your idea.”

He threw his hands up in resignation as he finished his sentence, as if surrendering control to Magdalena.​

As small a smile he gave, it was a nice smile to receive. A handsome sort of smile.

"Well," Magda gently cleared her throat, willing the warmth congregating in her cheeks to calm down, "maybe you can join us on some of our future missions. We don't have many Force Users on our teams. We could use the help sometimes, like with Starweirds..."

"Should we go in? Is that your question?"

A blink... was he...? Hey. Teased, she always getting teased.

It means they like you, Moo. The words of her brother echoed in her head. Magda huffed and planted her hands on her hips, "I'm not going to just ... stand here waiting for the stars to fall." One hand lifted, she leaned in through the threshold of the entryway and knocked on the door.

"Hello?" calling through a helmet speaker never worked well, but at least she could say she tried, "Viceroy?"

A beat, a short glance around revealed no one present - not even servants? How strange. Magda took the final step inside, turned about and offered her companion a shrug, "Maybe they're still getting ready. Won't hurt to peek around, that's what we're here for, isn't it ... come on," she reached out and took ahold of the man's wrist to tug him along, "now you are complicit in my crime of knocking and entering."

Last edited:
T H Y F E R R A

rann.png

“I would love to accompany you on whatever mission or journey you’d need me for.”

He nodded and crossed his hands in front of himself.

Starweirds? What’s those? Probably not important. Nothing I couldn’t handle
he thought, before dismissing the issue and focusing on the conversation at hand

She seemed to get flustered at being teased, which Rann found extremely endearing. He had had a near constant smile on his face the whole time he had been with her. This wasn’t supposed to be a vacation but he was having a little fun. It was nice to just... talk. And walk. And not have to be angry. Or sad. It was nice to just...be.

Rann, as he is now, as Darth Qanah, lived in his emotions. Grasping for them whenever they arose. Positive ones, negative ones, it didn’t matter. He believed they gave him power, so he embraced them as they came. Usually, jealousy was at the forefront. Want. And desire for something that belonged to others that Rann, or Qanah, coveted. To his detriment. He would easily become overwhelmed by hatred.

But now? He was feeling good. Had a smile, was talking to someone new that he enjoyed talking to. It was nice. It wasn’t all that rare for Rann to have good days. But he loved them like they were once in a Blue-Dxun moon anyway.

“Big place.” Rann commented with aweas he saw the inside. He was thankful he had already made the decision to not be Qanah today. The magnificence of this place was... well. He wanted it.

“I definitely feel like we’re going to get lost.”
He forced out, trying to change the subject on his mind as he allowed Magda to take his wrist and lead him inside.

“But uh... if they arrest us this whole thing was your idea.”

It was a big place.

Elegantly designed with an understated nod to nature given the carved vine coils within the wooden framing. Magda could not liken the style of architecture to anything she knew. Not even Naboo's beautiful cityscapes and grand halls were a match to this variety, though regal all on their own. Apples to oranges, as the saying went.

"It's beautiful," she agreed with a quiet reverence as they stepped inside. Their footsteps and voices echoed gently, unobtrusively, through the open expanse laid out before them. For a moment she paused within the foyer, giving every edge and crawling detail its due respect, interrupted utterly by:

"I definitely feel like we're going to get lost."

Magda snorted, which translated strangely through the helmet speaker to a mechanical blert, "Nonsense, I never get lost. Let's go this way, it looks like it leads out to the other side of the estate," another tug and they were on their way.

"If they arrest us this whole thing was your idea."

Why was it this line continually made an appearance in her life?

"I have Diplomatic Agency within Confederacy space," she informed him, "what do you have other than a cute face?"

Rann Thress Rann Thress

Last edited:
T H Y F E R R A

rann.png

Rann allowed himself to be pulled along and couldn’t help but chuckle at Magdalena’s snort.

As they made their way through the estate Rann continued to marvel at the architecture. It was sublime. One of a kind for sure.

“I’d live in a place like this. One day.”

Probably this place.

He shook his head and returned his focus to talking to Magdalena, trying to keep his mind off of his growing jealousy for all things Corvinus.

"I have Diplomatic Agency within Confederacy space, what do you have other than a cute face?"

Ahem. he felt his cheeks blush. Wasn’t often he got called handsome. Let alone cute. He didn’t know if he’d ever been called ‘cute’ before. Especially looking as he did?

Magdalena probably didn’t know if, but it was quite the confidence booster.

“Well I don’t have any agency here. But my father is the Vicelord. Maybe that’d count for something.”

“Cute face and a famous dad. You could do worse.”
He nodded as they continued, and he couldn’t help but let his eyes wander again.

“They know how to live...” he said, regarding their surroundings. It seemed to become more impressive as they progressed. He couldn’t believe this was attainable.

“Uh. Well compliment for a compliment,” he said, trying once again to occupy his mind.

“Yourrrr helmet is cute,” he blurted. She had an advantage, she could see his face. The helmet, at least right now, was her face.

“I.. that. Yeah. Anyways.”

Smooth like sandpaper.

WHERE ARE THE CORVINUS’?! PLLLEEEAAASE

Son of the Vicelord?

Magda paused mid-stride to do a double take, "You what?" Hold the phone - this man was the son of the Vicelord? Nope. Noooo. That's a good joke. Haaa.

She released him and rocked the same hand onto a canted hip, pointing at him curiously with her other hand, "You're going to have to explain that one to me because I met the Vicelord. He's the one who signed on to the Heart Line project sponsorship with GUIDE. It may have been a brief meeting but I know what I saw and that man is - excuse my non-diplomatic tongue - blacker than the belly of an exogorth in a black hole."

She would wait for an explanation, but she could walk at the same time. Honing in on the far end corridor she lead them thataway.

Then he dropped the helmet comment. Magda stumbled over something non-existent. Or maybe it was her own feet. Her feet definitely existed.

"Thanks ... I think," if no one had called the man's face cute, for certain no one had ever remarked the same of her helmet. She touched at it absently, shoving that wellspring of negative emotional association to her enviro-suit deep, deep down, and pressed on down the open hall with a hint of frazzled inelegance, "I suppose that's better than the alternative."

Like ...her helmet could scare people. Make children cry. How awful would that be?

"Let's get back to the topic of how you might be the milkman's son..." the tone may have reflected her teasing nature, but she was actually very curious about that particular topic.

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe | Rann Thress Rann Thress
bottom.png
“Do not be.”

Seraphina reached for her husband with a surprisingly sure hand. It found the crook of his arm while her temple came to rest against the lowest point of his shoulder. She could not see. But, she would know Daegon always. A slow smile slid across primrose pink lips. The so-called Angel of Thyferra was wearing a plain lilac-colored gown with an open back. There was a simplicity to it that conveyed the barest edges of elegance; which let her husband shine all the more. He passed an easy compliment and a light blush stole over youthful cheeks. “You flatter me as if you still intend to win my hand…”

It was silly. He had no need for that when they were already united in every way. Bound for eternity. He did not need to fight for what was already his. Though, he did love to ruffle her feathers.

The diathim blushed a little more just thinking about it.

“I made what I could in the time allotted, though, we are running a little late.”

Their guests had already arrived. They hadn’t been notified by security yet that the shuttles had made port, but, she could hear them very well. Two had arrived. They seemed to be speaking amicably on the landing pad and the young woman felt her smile widen. She enjoyed it when people seemed to get along organically. She had been on the other side of political monstrousness where one side or the other was always vying for their own favor. Duplicitous to the last.

Olanet was a fine example of that. It was the event that had taken so much from all of them.

It stole the lives of millions. The closeness of a dear friend, her relationship with her husband, and even her eyes. What it hadn’t taken? Sera was determined to keep.

Maybe, even take it back.

“But uh... if they arrest us this whole thing was your idea.”

Seraphina laughed, truly. Arrest them?

“Our guests seem to be finding their way. A son of the Vicelord and a representative from GUIDE…As expected.”

Iridescent wings fluttered along slender shoulders while she stepped forward. The balcony was close. She could hear the shape of it in the vibrations that bounced back toward her in her footsteps. The bright Thyferran sun didn’t lighten the blackness she viewed, but, it warmed her skin. Her fingers fell down to catch Daegon’s hand and pull him along. The domestic staff at Heaven’s Gate was very, very slim. They relied on droids and their own hard work more than anything else.

“I think they may be headed toward the Crystal Forest. Should we stop them, husband?”

They seemed to be enjoying themselves. As much as she wanted to greet them as hospitality demanded she also didn’t want to interrupt. Both options had benefits, but, some could be considered rude.

Oh goodness. Seraphina never wanted to seem rude.

bottom.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom