Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Tenloss EQM1-HMG "Judge" Support Automatic Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
double_barrel_by_vombavr-d6mg3mo.jpg

$T2eC16R,!)UE9s3wCMz2BRPkpLbQQQ~~60_35.JPG

The backpack power supply for the EQM1-HMG.
The tibanna gas canisters are on either side of the power pack.

Image Source
Image Source #2
Intent: To create a Support Machine Gun or Heavy Machine Gun for the G.A.R.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Tenloss Corporation
Model: EQM1-HMG
Affiliation: The Galactic Republic, Open Market
Modularity: Yes, this weapon can be modded with sights, bipods, tripods, gun carriages, etc.
Production: Minor
Material: Alusteel, durasteel, and other HMG/Support MG weapon components
Description:

Immediately after the EQM1-LMG was released, a need for a more stationary, more ably supportive weapon was realized. Early tests with autocannons, blaster cannons, and other weapons were done, but Tenloss R&D personnel began to understand that a heavier hitting, automatic weapon was needed. Their answer to this role was the EQM1-HMG, a weapon that testers and troopers lovingly call the "Judge", referring to the ominous roar/pounding that the weapon makes when firing.

The Judge is a simple weapon and easy to maintain and use in the field. It features a two hundred shot power pack and a one thousand shot tibanna gas canister mounted into the weapon. Normally, the weapon is mounted on a tripod, though can be mounted on a bipod or gun carriage. Carrying and firing the weapon on a bipod or without support is possible, but not recommended as accuracy will suffer. The Judge is a very hard hitting Heavy Machine Gun, though with a slower rate of fire than the EQM1-LMG. With that in mind, however, the EQM1-HMG does have on trick in its book that the Equalizer doesn't: A backpack power supply.

The Judge can be purchased with a backpack mounted power supply, though this is not standard issue. The backpack contains two tibanna gas canisters mounted on either side of a large and powerful powerpack. The backpack carries enough power and tibanna gas for five thousand shots total before needing to be replaced. This gives the weapon system a bit of an edge in some situations and can act in direct support of the regular G.A.R. troops.

The weapon does have its downsides, though. The weapon is heavy, even without the bipod/tripod supports and the like. It has a higher damage per shot, but at the cost of a slightly lower rate of fire. The Judge also has less ammo capacity than the Equalizer with the standard weapon mounted canister and power pack. Lastly, though the backpack power supply carries five thousand shots total, the backpack is heavy and combined with the weapon itself, the array weighs thirty kilograms on top of the armor and gear the trooper is carrying, making the user very slow and cumbersome. The backpack also requires a full replacement when depleted, something that is extremely difficult to do in the field and often requires access to a supply depot and an extra pair or two of hands to help out.

Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld (two hands), bipod/tripod mount, vehicle mount, gun carriage mount.
Length: 1,300mm
Weight:
13kg (weapon alone)
15kg (Bipod)
22kg (Tripod)
30kg (Backpack Gas/Power supply)

Ammunition Type: Power Pack, Tibanna Gas Canister
Ammunition Capacity:
Power Pack (weapon mounted) - 200
Power Pack (Backpack Mount) - 5,000
Tibanna Gas Canister (weapon mounted) - 1,000
Tibanna Gas Canister (backpack mount) - 5,000
Effective Range: 1,500m
Optimum Range: 4,000m

Rate of Fire: Fully Automatic

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Popo"]

Just for clarification, as I'm pretty sure it's what you're saying but kinda skimmed over it, but this weapon cannot be used without putting it on a bi/tri-pod correct?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Valik"]
It can, but good luck hitting anything or standing upright and steady. I stated it here:

Popo said:
Normally, the weapon is mounted on a tripod, though can be mounted on a bipod or gun carriage. Carrying and firing the weapon on a bipod or without support is possible, but not recommended as accuracy will suffer

But I can make it more emphatic if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom