Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tenacity for Taanab [Taozi Fuyuan]

L5m5sx5.jpg
Inventory: Jedi Apparel & Lightsabers.
Set one Week after the SJO Dominion of Taanab.
Er6tw3E.png
Veiere Arenais sat in silence aboard his personal Shuttle as it entered into the atmosphere of Taanab, returning to the world for the first time since being present aboard one of the flagships of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, where he had encountered and been forced to confront [member="Darth Prazutis"]. His purpose and reason for returning to Taanab was however much more pleasant today, or rather he hoped it would be, as he was due to meet with one [member="Taozi Fuyuan"], and discuss her continued retention of duties and whatever business she dealt with upon the world.

While Taanab had been part of the United Clans of the Mandalorian Empire, later dubbed the clans of Mandalore in short, it was Taozi whom had supposedly been left to manage the world. Or at the very least, her organization upon the surface. Veiere hadn't been given the specifics of her business, yet wished to know more for curiosity's sake, and planned to ask during their meeting to come. He wasn't entirely expecting a warm welcome, given the differences and recent aggression's between the clans and the order of the silver jedi, yet he hoped that they could come to some kind of mutual accord during his time there.

The shuttle would land within the spaceport of Pandath, the capital city of Taanab and not too far from the Hospital for which they were due to meet. The pilot of the craft had been asked to relay Veiere's arrival ahead of him, in order to give Taozi the heads up and appropriate time to ready herself should she need to. The Jedi Master however, was not to be accompanied by anyone else for this visit as he didn't wish to intimidate or leave anyone feeling threatened in what was to be a peaceful and diplomatic meeting.

Taozi stood in her office, weary. The past weeks had been... hard, on her. Starting with a test of her Clan with the Exodus of the Taanab citizens, then the actual attack by the Confederacy, and then... Her very near fall to the Dark Side. She rubbed the voidstone necklace around her neck anxiously. The Jetii had invited her, and her clan, back to Taanab. Taozi knew not why, as it seemed the United Clans were to be declared criminals, monsters, and terrorists by other groups in the galaxy.

As much as she hated doing it, with the city rebuilt by the Jetii and those... Confederates, Taozi had no reason to keep them safer within Mandalorian space. She had no right to keep them from their homes. It took time, but her Clan was able return everyone to their homes, though she had sent all but a small group of her clan back to UCM space. She did not trust the Jetii, not after they stood by and watched their ally attack a civilian planet. At the very least, she was glad they, seemingly, did not touch her hospital. Nothing was displaced, files were all where they should be, and all firewalls intact.

A knock on the door, and then a voice.

"Alor, the Jetii is on his way."

"Understood. Once he arrives, you can bring him here."

Taozi sat down at her desk, dressed in her usual pink scrubs, dark circles under her eyes, and as much of her hair tied back as she could get in her tired state.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Veiere's arrival upon the outskirts of the Hospital's grounds, led to a rather breath-taking sight for what the facility was purposed for. It was probably one of the nicer looking medical facilities of such a magnitude that he had seen in his time, where most others had lacked the finance that the Pandathian Hospital appeared to hold. Whomever had funded the construction of the facility, had done quite the marvelous job going about her design.

Making his way in-doors, Veiere stopped at the reception and offered a polite greeting to the younger man at the desk. "Veiere Arenais, to see [member="Taozi Fuyuan"]" he explained, and soon found himself being led further into the Hospital, to where his appointment would be awaiting him.

Introduced on his behalf by the receptionist to Taozi Fuyuan, Veiere bowed in greeting, again smiling politely to her before turning as the young man sought to return to his desk. "Please forgive me if I'm late to our appointment. Pandath is quite the City" Veiere complimented, stepping further into the room. "If I'm not mistaken, you were contacted by [member="John Locke"] prior to our engagement?" He asked, being under the very impression; "He asked me to send his regards" Veiere added.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ma'am".

Taozi looked up from a data pad when [member="Veiere Arenais"] walked in, and nodded in greeting. "One of the most beautiful in the galaxy, in my opinion... And indeed I was. To say I was... surprised would be an understatement. Please, have a seat, we have much to discuss. Oh, I hope you don't mind my voidstone. It's, unfortunately, more for your safety than mine... Tea? As my guest, it's only proper I provide a drink." Taozi set the data pad down on the desk, before standing up and walking over to an Atrisian style tea set atop a small cabinet.

"I hope you don't mind that I did some research into you, Veiere. Up until recent years I haven't paid much attention to those outside my Clan, much less outside of UCM territory. Though, I suppose that could be said for many in this galaxy, yes?" Taozi's voice had a waver of spite to it as she spoke, even as she opened the cabinet to prepare a pot of tea for the two of them. That was one other thing was thankful was untouched: her, albeit small, tea cabinet. If Veiere picked out a flavor, Taozi would start brewing it. If not, well, she'd pick one herself.

"From what I know of you, I wish we could have met under better circumstances."

"I don't mind at all" Veiere smiled in response to [member="Taozi Fuyuan"], that she'd held the consideration to ask at all was a gesture of good will that he could certainly appreciate given the conditions that had lead up to their meeting today, "Though don't believe everything you read on the holo-net" he chuckled quietly, "I'm more than happy to answer any questions you might have of me" he added. It was important for Veiere to offer a solid foundation from which they could build a stronger relationship between Taozi and the world of Taanab, and those of the Order of the Silver Jedi; this case being Veiere himself.

The Jedi Master's humor was however not long lasting as he felt the need to speak upon the recent affairs and political state between Taanab's former rulers, and the Silver Jedi today. "You're right however" his expression flattened as he continued, "the circumstances we find ourselves in today are unfortunate, and I regret that they have had to occur in the first place. I have however been informed that the social climate of Taanab isn't to be disturbed in any way, beyond the Order doing what it can to better assist and protect the people of your world. This extends to you and your Clan as well".

Taozi set about to preparing tea for [member="Veiere Arenais"] and herself, choosing a gently scented, floral, white tea. At the Jetii's mention of the holonet, Taozi couldn't help a slight quirk upwards of her lips. The holonet was full of lies, half-truths, and very few honest truths within the data stored in it. A quiet hum came from the doctor, as she waited for the water to boil. She thought over her next words carefully, lest she sour relations and lose her home for real this time. For a moment, the only sounds from Taozi were her quiet breathing, and preparing the tea.

"I believe I can speak for the people of Taanab when I say that you Jetii not trying to affect the social climate of the planet is much appreciated. I have lived here for over a decade now, and these farmers, workers, doctors, families... I love them like my own Clan, Mandalorian or not. The Jetii will have a high bar to meet, in terms of being able to assist and protect the people of Taanab. This hospital ran at it's best thanks to the universal healthcare for all UCM systems under the decree of Mand'alor the Infernal, those with private insurance, and rather large donations by the wealthy within our territories. Will the Jetii be able to provide the same assistance?"

Taozi glanced behind her to Veiere with her question, before pouring them both cups of tea. She set them on a tray, and walked back over to her desk, placing Veiere's cup in front of him before sitting back down in her chair.

Contrary to popular belief, Veiere (alike many other Silver Jedi), didn't hold anything against the Mandalorian's themselves, but rather some of their recent actions that had led to the flare in politics between their two people's. The culture was admittedly a vast unfamiliarity to the Jedi Master for his lack of experience in relating with the Clans unlike his wife and his daughter's personal live's within the jurisdiction of the United Clans of Mandalore; Again, not something he held against anyone. To hear that Taanab was well treated by the Mandalorians was a good tiding, though too not something that Veiere had suspected to be otherwise the case.

"The Silver Jedi Order does it's best to promote every world's independence whilst still under our jurisdiction, if you will" he replied, and sought to explain himself better for [member="Taozi Fuyuan"]'s understanding; "This means that yourself and the people of Taanab will be provided with all that we can do to enrich Taanab's society and government without risking any dictation of Taanab's culture or customs. Taanab will be responsible for it's own governance, whilst being supported by the Order and fellow world's within our territory. We can provide further trade with others you might not be familiar with, for example, World's already in contact and agreement with the Order" he gave a casual and estimated example of conditions that would be written up between the government of Taanab and the Order at a later time when the state of the world had better settled. It had after-all, only been a week since the Silver Jedi had sought to restore the damage done from the previous battle.

"In return for the Order's protection and continued support, there may be times where Taanab's resources are called upon by the Order however. Military resources should be we required to defend or aid another nearby world in your sector, for which Taanab might be closer to than others" Veiere continued. "At present, nothing's been put into words with regards to our expectations of the Government itself, I'm simply speaking of possibilities here" he added to ensure Taozi knew that Veiere's words weren't of binding contract.

"Beyond a doubt, I can assure you that Taanab will not go wanting. The Order can and will provide".

Taozi listened intently to [member="Veiere Arenais"] as he spoke, and nodded along. His words were reassuring to her, as the safety of Taanab's people always came first to her. She made mental notes of worlds Taanab could trade with within the Jetii's territory, which brought up a question she would ask soon enough. Military, however, was something Taozi was not well versed in... But she knew enough. The doctor took a sip of her tea, before setting it back down on the desk, and picked up a data pad.

"The Jetii's willingness to help Taanab will be much needed in the short term, if the financial data from the previous government leaders gave me is anything to go by. As you can see here, most of Taanab's financial resources went into it's infrastructure. After the UCM took Taanab under our wings, military spending went down significantly. At present, the most that could be sent would be a very small fleet. Of course, if it's evacuation or any other humanitarian need, that is what Clan Tal is for.

As far as trade goes, new worlds to trade with would be a great boon for the economy once the crops have recovered from being burnt during the Confederate's attack on the planet. It will likely take at least a harvest season for them to recover, I suspect, even with that garden you Jetii created. Though, I know not how thoroughly the fields were destroyed by the Confederate's drop pods and general destruction, so it could be even longer than that... Will Taanab still be allowed to trade to the worlds under UCM protection that it used to once it has fully recovered?"

The spite in Taozi's voice was noticeable as she mentioned anything about the Confederacy's attack on the planet.

Veiere nodded in understanding, as he too had found question in the tactics employed over Taanab. The resource and income lost in the attack against the world's agricultural value was a waste of potential income for the confederacy or for the Order of the Silver Jedi, if not for the people of Taanab to continue to make use of. Instead it had all gone up in flames as an insult to the Mandalorians, the Confederacy making certain that they wouldn't be able to use the wealth for the Clan's own purposes, in the end ensuring that whomever the victor, there were no spoils to be found.

"Yes, I imagine the first year will be rough until your people will see produce again" Veiere agreed, turning to glance towards the nearby window in a moment of consideration. "The Silver Jedi, as well as numerous other Jedi Organizations have made use of the agricultural corps in the past for these sort of situations. It's certainly within our ability to help sustain and enrich your farming operations here, whether that be through additional personnel, technologies or funding", the Order had numerous contacts, as did Veiere with his former apprentice [member=Romi Jade] now situated with the Green Jedi of Corellia. It wasn't likely that he'd come against argument, but should the Silvers lack the available resources at the time, Veiere's own resources through House Arenais could make do.

"As for all current and on-going trade" Veiere continued, moving on to [member="Taozi Fuyuan"]'s question; "Given our relationship with the United Clans at present, lacking a certain semblance of stability, you'll understand if there's a need in the future for us to issue a notice of seizure, for the sake of our border security. For the time being however, I'm going to give you the go ahead to proceed under the conditions that regular reports are filed with the Order until the political situation between our two nations is settled".

"This would mean keeping us informed of any irregular contact during your trades, as well as reporting your import and export statistics so we're able to keep track of what's coming and going. Unfortunately, for the time being it's a matter of safety with regards to the border between us. I'm sure you'll understand" it was unfortunate, and would likely be seen as an annoyance, yet was at the end of the day a means of keeping the security over their sector tight. Truth be told, the fact that trade could be maintained with the Clans at all was questionable, and would be solely reliant upon the future actions of the Mandalorians.

Taozi's grip on her data pad relaxed as [member="Veiere Arenais"] reassured her. Taanab's farmers had suffered incredible losses at the hands of the Confederacy, and though they had lost the Infernal's love for terraforming, the Jetii were stepping up to fill the role she would have taken had the UCM been able to protect the planet. Taking a sip of her tea, Taozi leaned back in her chair. She understood why the Jetii would be hesitant with trade to and from Mandalorian-protected worlds, and hummed in consideration.

"Reports will always be filed, of course. As of now, I believe most, if not all, trade coming in will be food from other agri-worlds in UCM space. Mandalorians are honor-bound to provide food and shelter to those in need, and seeing as Clan Tal shall continue to reside on Taanab, they will support us in our time of need. Of course, this will need to go both ways. I understand the political climate between our two factions, however, I will require that at least this hospital, and my Clan's stronghold, be marked as neutral territory. At most, I ask Pandath City, and only Pandath City, be open to Mando'ade so that I can provide the aide I am honor-bound to give.

I am willing to accept almost any terms to make this possible, along with being able to continue the food and lodging program put in place by the Infernal herself for the more common citizens. They are alit, and I will see them treated as such, no matter the cost. I'm sure the people of Taanab will also be able to put more trust in the Jetii if they are able to see familiar faces as well. Any terms you or the Jetii have for this I will pass on to my vode, and demand they follow."

"This facility is a Hospital, not a place of politics or military procedure, so yes I certainly agree that it should be of neutral territory. Your Clan's stronghold too, as it can act as an Embassy of sorts if you wish, with the Order of the Silver Jedi. The City of Pandath on the other hand, like the rest of Taanab will fall under our jurisdiction" Veiere informed [member="Taozi Fuyuan"], he could understand her intentions but Veiere was here to inform her of her continued position. The role of the Order and it's jurisdiction over Taanab as a whole, was non-negotiable. While the consequences may have been laid out, there had yet to be a treaty or peace declared between the Order and United Clans of Mandalore.

"What are these programs you've mentioned, exactly?" Veiere asked curiously. They didn't sound ominous though anything mentioned in conjunction with the leader of the mandalorian's was only naturally going to spark his intrigue and apprehension. No longer to be considered a Mandalorian World, Taanab would be allowed to go about it's business while the Order would maintain a watchful eye over the sector for a time. A probationary period of sorts in order to identify any weaknesses or links to possible sabotage from their recent opposition.

Taozi was disappointed, of course, but did not let it show. In truth, she knew the city as a whole being deemed neutral was going to be denied. Yet if she didn't ask, the answer would always be no. A smile, instead, graced the doctor's face in relief that the Jetii would allow her to do her cultural duties. She drank more of her tea, before setting the cup down and picked up her data pad once more, to look over some things as she spoke.

"Clan Tal's stronghold has always been an embassy, Veiere, open to any and all who wish to meet with us. We are a humanitarian clan, it only made sense for it to be this way. Of course, there were areas restricted to clan members, but over all anyone could have walked in at any time. I would have even allowed a Confederate in, before they decided to attack my home... Now, however, it would likely depend on who it was that wanted entry.

"As for the programs, I suppose it would be more informative if I explained all the programs the Infernal created as her second decision as Mand'alor. I've already explained the universal healthcare provided by the state, but she also created education and lodging programs. With education, all expenses were covered up through college, whether children attended a Mandalorian school, a university, or were taught through their own culture. Clans who self-trained, like my own after I graduated with my degree, had facilities paid for, teachers reimbursed, and all expenses, supplies, and tuition paid for by Mand'alor herself. The woman never took a wage, as far as I'm aware. She also used the frozen assets of slavers the Clans took down to pay for all these programs.

"Then, you have the lodging and food program she created. As you now know, Mandalorians are honor bound to take care of those who ask us for help. At any time, a Mandalorian citizen, i.e. anyone under our protection, could walk up to a barracks, government facility, or Alor and ask for a place to stay. Their physical needs would be tended to, and any expenses incurred by the facility that gave the care would be billed to the state for reimbursement. The Sundari Palace on Mandalore itself housed many people in need of shelter, and the Infernal's Tihaar Hall was open day and night to provide food and drink to those who needed it.

"During the planet's reconstruction and terraforming, Yasha set aside space for high-rise buildings, to house the people misplaced during the volcanic eruptions. Er'kit, after being freed from slavers by the UCM, was built up to be a place where those freed during our campaigns against slavers in our space could go to rebuild their lives. Thanks to Yasha's programs, they could do so without having to worry about food, water, shelter, or education. In fact, there's a piece of artwork at the Museum of Sapient Rights created by a former slave freed on Er'kit in memorial of them being able to restart their lives, as well as honoring those we could not save."

After the Alor's absolute word vomit, she quite nearly chugged the remains of her tea.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Veiere had seen first hand what Mandalorian honor looked like on the battlefield, yet [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] spoke of something entirely different and it was difficult not to feel a certain amount of skepticism in hearing it all. As an Ambassador of the Order of the Silver Jedi, it was Veiere's duty to remove himself personally from the situation and instead focus upon his duty and responsibilities to the Order, the Galaxy and to the Force itself. No doubt these things could be some of the aspects of Mandalorian Culture that his Wife, [member="Kay Arenais"] had admired; For today however, it was a factor of their business and political relationship that Veiere felt confident in allowing to proceed and continue on, now under the guise of the Silver Jedi.

"These programs certainly sound beneficial to the people of Taanab, and I'm happy to approve them for the foreseeable future" He replied with an air of apprehension, "But Taanab is no longer tied to Yasha Cadera's reign, nor the Clans under her. A new contract will need to be drafted up under the premise and authority of the Order, and I will see it through to ensure you're given the same quality of livelihood that you and your people were receiving prior to the Confederacies intervention" Once the world and it's agricultural trade was back up on it's feet again, the expenses would begin to pay for themselves, yet Veiere estimated a years worth of expenses that would need to be covered by the Order of the Silver Jedi. Given the state of Taanab and the benefit to the people there, as well as the duty of the Silver Jedi, it was a justifiable expense in his mind.

Veiere hadn't paid much attention to his tea, though it wasn't out of any disrespect nor suspicion, he simply wasn't as much of a fan as his Wife was known to be. If it wasn't stim-caf, it was whiskey that he preferred, however the latter wasn't a good look for such formal occasions and so his cup had merely sat upon the table between them.

"I want you to be able to believe me when I tell you that the Order's sympathetic to the frustration and inconvenience that this change of political association will likely be causing the government of the World and your Clan. The Silver Jedi will do what they can to make the future as comfortable as possible until you're back on your feet, however I must reiterate the fact that this is no longer a world under the control or leadership of the United Clans of Mandalore. We won't keep you from associating with your people, however there will always be a certain amount of attention paid to those of the United Clans, crossing over the border and into our territory of Space..." Veiere continued, speaking as formerly yet non-threateningly as possible, not wishing to upset or intimidate Taozi in any sense; "At least until arrangements can be made and peace be called between our Nations".

Taozi listened quietly to [member="Veiere Arenais"], and showed no real external reaction. He sounded honest, and Taozi truly did want to believe him, and fought against her own bias to believe he was speaking the truth. There was bad blood between the Mando'ade and the Jetii, old blood even. Bias, hate, and skepticism that would need time to heal, on both sides. A thoughtful frown pulled the doctor's lips down as she mulled over her thoughts, and pondered over what to say.

"There are wounds made against both Jetii and Mando'ade alike by the other. Wounds that have been allowed to fester, and rot, because of misunderstandings. Misunderstandings that I believe you and I will be able to resolve, as long as we agree to work together. The Jetii have only seen the Mando'ade at war, whether attacking or defending. Likewise, the Mando'ade have rarely seen the Jetii off the battlefield. All our cultures know of each other is war, hate, and battle tactics. We have not seen each other at home, with our families."

A quiet sigh escaped the Alor's lips as she stood from her chair, and turned to walk over to the window. Peering outside, she could see the streets of Pandath. The streets were bustling, and full of life, when just a week ago they were filled with ashes, corpses, and rubble.

"Tell me, Veiere, are you willing to open your mind to see who Mandalorians truly are? To see how we are when not being forced to defend our alit who have done nothing wrong? To see far deeper into Mandalorian culture than you think you see? I know I, at least, am willing to see what the Jetii are like off the battlefield."

Veiere watched as [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] removed herself from the table, the area of discussion where their formalities had been held; almost as though the act were removing herself from the expectations that ran with the business dealing, instead looking to a more personal level of conversation. That was, at the least, how Veiere wished to see it.

"Off the record" Veiere declared first, before sharing his personal thoughts and feelings on the situation between the United Clans of Mandalore, and the Order of the Silver Jedi. "If our two peoples can find some official conclusion to the crimes that have been committed by the leaders of the United Clans, then yes I would certainly like to see your people start anew, based upon a relationship of cooperation and mutual footing with the Silver Jedi" he spoke, though his tone of voice would betray his expectation that these were words of a dream not likely to become reality.

"The history between our two Nations goes well beyond my joining the Order" He informed her, "Both my Wife and my Daughter consider themselves to be of Clan Raxis and Cadera, if I'm not mistaken" he added, not entirely certain of the details around his daughter [member="Loreena Arenais"]' clan affiliation; "I don't think these things can happen until there has been accountability taken for what happened on Eshan, H'ratth and Umbara however".

Taozi hummed quietly as she processed [member="Veiere Arenais"]' response. He spoke of crimes committed by the Clans, yet neglected to mention the perceived crimes of the Jetii against the Clans as well. She looked down to the hospital's garden, and clasped her hands in front of her. His tone of voice did not bode well in Taozi's mind, and she let out a quiet sigh. The attacks he spoke of... Only two were truly done by the Clans, but would he listen to her? She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before turning to look at Veiere.

"Crimes have been committed against both cultures by the other side. A relationship of cooperation between the Mandalorians and the Jetii will not begin unless both sides admit to their wrong doings, and try to change things in equal measures. The battles you speak of, Eshan, H'ratth, and Umbara? They are atrocities. Blights. Yes, they were done by Mandalorians, but not all were UCM. Eshan, was the work of Kaine Australis. He was punished for it, albeit less than publicly... He lost his Alor status, naval command in the UCM, had his weapons restricted, and all personal assets frozen. I believe he was also imprisoned on Myrkr for five years, with visits from his children once a month... Or was it every three months? Eshan, as a whole, is why I made my medical fleet as well.

"H'ratth... was a mistake. A mistake I'm not even sure the Infernal knew would be made. I take no joy nor pride in that attack, nor Eshan. Umbara, though... That, disgusting, miserable, idiotic attack was NOT done by the UCM." The hatred and vitriol in Taozi's voice was palpable as she spoke of the attack on Umbara, so much so her normally pink eyes briefly flashed yellow. She had to take a pause, closed her eyes and took a deep breath, lest she fall prey to her anger. After taking a moment to breathe, and calm down, the doctor opened her eyes, now back to their usual pink color, and began to speak once more. "My apologies for my outburst, Veiere... I have... strong feelings about such inhumane offenses... But I swear upon my ancestors I speak the truth about Umbara. Whichever sick, twisted, monster thought to use the Cadera's colors, was a fool. I have watched recordings from the battle, and it disgusts me. Those monsters wouldn't be able to tell a Cadera from a Heavenshield if they tried.

"Their ground tactics were barely anywhere near similar to the Cadera tactics. They didn't listen to the Infernal's very own Uncle, which is a blatant disrespect to both the man and the Infernal. Granted, he also insulted his own niece, but that's beside the point. Though, the part that truly cemented the fact it wasn't true Cadera troops? They took prisoners, and shackled bomb collars around their necks. I know the Infernal personally, and she would have never allowed her troops to use such a disgusting method to even think of escaping. Those soldiers would have either died on Umbara, or won, if they were true Caderas."

Taozi's tone of voice and tired face as she spoke of Umbara made it clear she did not intend to attack Veiere with her words. Instead, she sounded much like a teacher, trying to inform a student of things they did not know or understand.

"I am aware of the considerable doubt regarding the incident that occurred upon Umbara" Veiere nodded, not for the first time speaking on his knowledge of the subject, "From what I know, there were no definitive conclusions supporting whether the United Clans were, or were not involved. A representative from the United Clans did arrive on site at the time, however in the heat of the conflict, the Order could not take them merely by there word and there was no evidence given to support their claims" Veiere explained. It had been a costly attack against one of the world's under their stewardship and H'ratth followed afterwards, doing nothing to improve the situation.

"Contrary to what you might think of the Order, and while mistakes have been made in the past, the Silver Jedi's involvement in Azure was a bid to bring justice and consequences down for the malicious and unprovoked attacks, considered to be crimes of war" Veiere spoke further, explaining the duty that was theirs and had always been the responsibility of the Jedi Order long before the Silver's had parted ways from the Republic so many decades ago now.

"I am curious as to what crimes you're talking about, however" He turned to look back in [member="Taozi Fuyuan"]'s direction, truly intrigued by these accusations; "Though this has no impact or relevance to Taanab itself, I have to ask what these crimes are, precisely?". If there were indeed crimes committed by the Order of the Silver Jedi, then Veiere wished to hear about them and investigate himself, however, it also would not be the first time that someone's opinion of the Silver Jedi had been influenced by the views of outsiders who held not all the facts to rightfully judge.

"You speak of considerable doubt, yet make accusations as though you know the absolute truth. Did the Jetii ever think to investigate the matter more because of their doubts, or did they merely throw the accusation because they looked no deeper than the surface?" Taozi sounded almost... disappointed. It made no sense to the doctor to not investigate any doubts one may have, especially one such as this. Although, when Veiere asked of crimes the Jetii had committed against her own people... She sighed quietly.

"Did you ever hear of what was done to us at Roche? Of why the Mando'ade consider it sacred? It is a Mandalorian war grave, [member="Veiere Arenais"]. Hundreds, even thousands, of Mandalorian civilians were launched into the vacuum of space by the Jetii. There were negotiations between our two peoples once, and in that discussion the Infernal told the Jetii we wanted to claim Roche, unknowing the Jetii were already staking their own claim to it... Needless to say, negotiations ended.

"During the Battle of Barataria, a time when Yasha was heavily pregnant, the Mandalorians rushed to rescue her after she had been kidnapped. The Jetii, instead of helping them, fought them. Yasha nearly died, almost lost her child, and her own husband died after that battle because of the Jetii fighting us, instead of helping us." Taozi looked down at the garden below, face a mixture of tiredness, disappointment, and sadness. Neither the Mandalorians or the Silvers were blameless in these conflicts between their two peoples, but when all blame is cast on one side, with seemingly no blame taken by the other... Anger, hatred, and death will eventually follow.

"Sometimes, I wish I could have been there. I think about if I could have stopped it. Stopped the blood from flowing, wounds from festering just below the surface... But then I realize I can't change the past, and can only look to shape the future in a way that benefits the whole, instead of the few."

"You speak of considerable doubt, yet make accusations as though you know the absolute truth. Did the Jetii ever think to investigate the matter more because of their doubts, or did they merely throw the accusation because they looked no deeper than the surface?".

Veiere listened, giving Taozi Fuyuan the opportunity to voice her side of the story, to express her frustrations while the Jedi Master remained seated whilst giving her his attention. Much of the problems they were facing were similar to what he felt was happening here and now, people who weren't present on the days in question voicing their accusations at the other-side without having the full story. Veiere had always done his best to give people the benefit of the doubt, taught by the teachings of his former mentor to hold others upon equal footing with the mutual respect that he would hope to be show, regardless of whether or not that was the case.

"Unfortunately, I wasn't present during these times" Veiere admitted, "It was prior to my joining the Silver Jedi Order, I'm afraid". If Veiere could speak upon the two incidents with any sense of clarity, he would have, if not only to speak for the Order he represented today. Unfortunately, he wasn't the type to argue matters that he had not witnessed nor held no knowledge about. That was how the truth was lost in translation with political relationships such as their own.

"Sometimes, I wish I could have been there. I think about if I could have stopped it. Stopped the blood from flowing, wounds from festering just below the surface... But then I realize I can't change the past, and can only look to shape the future in a way that benefits the whole, instead of the few".

The latter was a sentiment that Veiere could relate to, one he shared; "As much as we may wish we can, we cannot change what's been done to either side on the past" Veiere agreed in his own way. "You mentioned that you did some prior research into me, so I'm sure you'll know that I am tied to the United Clans due to marriage and my Daughter's shared culture with yours. Every day that there continues to be hostility between our people, there's further chance that these two women could be killed in the cross-fire, like so many others out there. The Jedi don't wish to encourage war, and don't wish any more blood shed than what's already been spilled" he explained, his tone somber for what the subject and tone of their discussion had become; "Take your obvious loyalties to the Clans, your people, while also being allowed to retain your positions and privileges on what's now a Silver Jedi World. We each have our perspectives, our stories and sentient rights. We are not a dictatorship, whatever you might think of us" the best solution for a political power wishing to stabilize their territory would be to remove all peoples loyal to the present opposition and replace them with their own, but that wasn't the nature of the Jedi. Not every Mandalorian had taken up arms against the Jedi, and not every Jedi wished to see the sovereignty of the United Clans removed. Everyone had their perspectives, but in the heat of politics where aggression's reached boiling point, reason was so often drowned out and that was how things such as the attack on H'ratth occur.

"In any case...-Taanab's future looks to be secured" Veiere concluded after a moment of silent reflection between them, "I don't know what the future holds, and I sincerely hope that these tensions cease. As for our business, I hope that you're feeling a little more at ease moving forward".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom