Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Templars] Back Chat (Marek Starchaser/PM for Invite)

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Bothuwai's Templar Sanctum was pretty large, as expected; After all, it was the sanctum for the entire Capitol of the Confederacy. Despite that, Idiian was surprised at how simple the layout of the Sanctum was, especially when she received a map of the Sanctum at the entrance. The Training Hall, where Idiian figured she could pick up a training lightsaber to practice with, was located in the west wing on the Sanctum- Not too hard to get to from the entrance hall, judging from the map.

Idiian was making her way through the massive entrance hall, looking for the hallway that she needed to take to the Training hall, when she spotted someone familiar from behind. She wasn't sure if it was the same person, but the man seemed to resemble someone who had hired her as extra security a while back on a trip to retrieve some Cortosis from a mine in CIS space. If it really was the same man... Well, she figured he would respond if she called out to him, then.

The young half-Echani turned towards the familiar man, who's back was still facing her, and- without considering that it might draw other people's attention, too- cupped her hands around her mouth to produce a pseudo-megaphone and shouted out, "Hey, Mr. Starchaser! Is that you!?" Whether or not it really was [member="Marek Starchaser"] or not, she wouldn't know until the man turned around, but she had a good feeling it was him.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
For being a Knight of the Templar Order, Marek Starchaser was not accustomed to spending much time at the Templar Sanctums. Least of all the one on Bothuwai. He was spending more time around the galaxy and on Hypori, working with the Techno Union. What he needed was to find himself time and actually get to work more on his Templar training, and learning to use the Force to the best of his ability.

Every so often, he was making his way back and forth between the Sanctums and learning what he could before he shot out again. That was really just like him, and his namesake, a traveler of the stars. Someone who was going everywhere and nowhere all at once. The thing was, he knew his Force training was far from complete, and he needed to work on finding Master Van Derveld in order to find a way to complete it. Still, the Marksman was at the Sanctum for now, working on a few things.

And seeing what he could learn about the Master’s whereabouts. Still, as he was getting his bearings here, a place he didn’t visit often, he heard someone calling out for his name, well, his surname. But as far as he knew, he was the only Starchaser in Confederate space. Turning slowly, the former Zeison Sha student smirked. Right, he recognized the voice [member="Idiian Sayali"], who came with him for the Cortosis trip months ago.

He really needed to get those droids put out.

“Finally found your way into the Sanctums, darlin’?” He smirked at the bounty hunter.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
So it was him! Idiian answered [member="Marek Starchaser"]'s smirk with a smile of her own, glad that he remembered her. Marek didn't seem much different since Idiian had last seen him, at least on the outside; Considering how she'd been staying professional last they met- or at least as professional as she could maintain- she didn't really get a good idea of what kind of person Marek himself was. It was an odd thing, not knowing what kind of person a former client was because of being too professional, but at the time, Idiian had been paying attention to pretty much everyone else's behavior more than her client's.

"Finally...? Oh, yeah," Idiian answered, holding up the datapad with the map on it in one hand and pointing at it with another. "This probably gave it away, huh? Yeah, I'm headed over to the training wing now... Say, actually, what are you doing here?"

Corey's OOC

The one thing about Marek was he remembered a whole lot of everything. And nothing. It was part of his training from his parents. He was to walk into some places, and just remember what was around him. The number of hats in a bar, where the exit was, who had the biggest chance of carrying a blaster, in the more civil areas that they would venture to. The sorts of things any young Fringer was going to need to get through the galaxy alive.

Really, though, the voice was ncie to remember. He didn’t know [member="Idiian Sayali"] that well, but he had a feeling that was going to be rectified. Besides, anyone that was in the Templar Sanctum was a friend of his. Supposedly. So long as they didn’t mind where he was getting his learning from.

“Something like that.” He nodded, licking at his lip. “I’m just swinging in for a visit. The Techno Union takes up a lot of time, its nice to get a break from it. How have things been for you?” And training wing. That was… what way?

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Just a break from the Techno Union business, huh? Idiian had never worked full-time for any one company before, let alone ran one, so she didn't really know what [member="Marek Starchaser"] had to deal with on a daily basis. Still, she could imagine running something like the Techno Union would eat up a lot of time. Idiian herself tended to do contract work, so she wound up having a lot of free time between jobs. Granted, she was now spending most of that free time learning how to use the Force these days, but it wasn't like she had a constant flood of responsibility like she imagined Marek did.

Oh, yeah, Marek asked her how she's been. "Oh, pretty good, actually!" Idiian started, nearly flinging the map over her shoulder as she spoke, fumbling for a split second to catch the datapad it was on before continuing. "I started learning how to use the force recently; In fact," Idiian raised her chin a bit, almost as if she was sticking her nose up in the air, "These days, I'm learning from none other than Mrs. Curupira Hawk!" That didn't quite explain why she needed the lightsaber, granted- She was hoping to learn how to use a lightsaber from Curu's husband, Ket Van Derveld, but she still had yet to meet the man himself.

Corey's OOC

Marek wasn’t one to work full time for anyone, but when he was elected to the position of Foreman, he had to work it and do what he could. That meant hiring people and promoting from within to help with the daily activities and getting the Techno Union up to speed so that things could be done properly. What he was really looking for was time to just be himself, learn what he could, and go where he needed to. His wanderlust was seriously stunted as of late.

At least he wasn’t the only one to get lost in thoughts.

And she was doing well? And working on the Force? “That’s awesome!” Typically, his next question was going to be who she was learning from, but if it was Ruu, she had picked up a really strong teacher. “I’m a student alongside her, under Master Van-Derveld. Have you figured out what you’re hoping to learn?” For him, that meant Sith or Jedi, or Witch, and if she was going to make herself a ranged Knight or saber focused.

[member="Idiian Sayali"]

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
[member="Marek Starchaser"] was learning from Curu too? And was already learning from Master Ket Van Derveld? Idiian could barely believe her ears, hearing that a former employer was also a student of her master- or masters, even, had Idiian ever had a chance to learn to use a Lightsaber from Master Van Derveld. It was a kind of surreal feeling, though Idiian found it more interesting than bizarre. Figuring out what she wanted to learn, though...

Idiian found herself looking to the side as she answered, shoulders slightly slumped. "Eheheheh... Actually, I'm kinda learning the basics right now... Bet you've never seen anyone put themselves out from sensory overload using Force Sense before, huh?" Taking a moment to straighten her posture, Idiian looked back at Marek with a smirk as she continued, "Though I gotta say, Curu is a really great teacher; I bet that, before long, I'll be able to use the Force as well as anyone else out there! And when I can, I'll have her to thank for it!"

Corey's OOC

Marek was sort of learning from Curupira Hawk. He was there to learn from Ket. Because, well, he wanted to become a Sith, and he needed to prove it to himself and to the mated pair that he was worthy of their time and skill. He had the drive, he was limited with his powers, but he was overcoming it. He was going to make it work. Lightsabers would come, for now, he wanted to become lethal with the Force.

Tipping his head as he was listening to [member="Idiian Sayali"], Marek shrugged. “Honestly? I’ve not done much instructing, and most of my early years with the Force were solo runs…” Zeison Sha and his parents. “So, I honestly can’t say I have, but… I mean, its not unheard of. Don’t get down on yourself.” Right, try to be positive, he supposed? “Ruu definitely knows what she’s doing, that’s for sure.” He could vouch.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Get down on herself? Idiian blinked in confusion at the concept- Yes, sure, she knocked herself out the first time, but that was the very first time she had tried to use the Force, and the way she figured, she had just overextended herself. She figured that, with enough training, she'd probably be able to handle even that much sensation as well, so she couldn't see one slip-up getting her down. After all, if at first you don't succeed...

Still, Idiian nodded in agreement with [member="Marek Starchaser"]'s assessment of Curu. "Yeah," Idiian said, "I'm really glad I have the chance to learn from her, and I think I might be able to learn Lightsaber forms from Master Van Derveld, too! ...Oh, right, lightsaber!" That's right, Idiian had gone to the sanctuary in the first place to pick up a training lightsaber! It wouldn't be very helpful if she asked for lightsaber training with no saber to train with, after all. The moment the thought popped into Idiian's head, she turned and took a step to head off to the training hall, before remembering she was still in the middle of a conversation. Pausing mid-stride, Idiian glanced over her shoulder and asked, "Say, you mind coming with me to grab a training saber? I could use the company!"

Corey's OOC

Get down on herself? Right, that was because some people too so much to heart when there weren't any particular reason for one thing to happen or another. There was always someone better than anyone at certain things, and well, that would get people down, seeing someone perform better, but it just meant that wasn't your calling. Anyone could find their calling, travel, and testing yourself was the only real way. Back on the tauntaun, as it were.

It was interesting to see that [member="Idiian Sayali"] was also a student of the Ket and Curupira pair. He was starting to learn the Sith arts from the former, and learning about the former from the latter. A fun pair, but selective in specific ways, not anything he'd be able to comprehend. And the lightsaber, that was something else. Marek nodded to her when she brought up the topic.

Get a training saber? "Sure, I mean, I'm not spectacular with them..." He indicated his revolver hanging from his hip. "I'm more of the shoot-em-up kind. But I'm all for a bit of sparring." He nodded, looking to the hallway and where they were going. "Help boost your ego." He smirked and nodded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom