Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Tell me about yourself (Madison Isle/Anyone else who wants to join)

We will either find a way, or make one.
I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!

jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Coruscant - Jedi Temple - Training Room
MISSION: Just a friendly chat
TAGS: Madison Isle Madison Isle

Sitting in the middle of the training room, Connell was working on his concentration skills. He was meditating, which when you get down to the brass tax is both an astute observation and an oxymoron at the same time. While clearing his mind, the young Jedi Knight was letting it flow through the Force. The items around him, boxes mainly, were caught up in the cranial "net" he was casting and began to wobble.

As Connell planted his hands and lifted feet into the air, in almost a gymnastic like pose, those items, boxes, training weapons, training dummies all began to slowly lift into the air. He was doing it, his mind was clear and it was working! He was doing it! Aaaaand now that he was aware, all of the items fell to the ground and Connell fell back onto his rear end. Laughing to himself; Vanagor got up and grabbed a bottle of Elba water, taking a quick drink.

The sip gave him an idea.

Grabbing a few more bottles, the young Jedi Knight sat back down, and got back into position. Closing his eyes Connell let and felt the Force flow through him; and let the Force "grab" the items around him yet again. Once again Vanagor plated his hands and put all of his weight on them, back into the gymnastic style position as the boxes elevated. As the training weapons elevated he exhaled and lifted his feet and extended them out. The dummies were finally lifting upwards only this time, Connell's mind was otherwise clear.

Now he was going to push his luck…

As the bottles of water slowly elevated above his head, one by one the caps on each bottle twisted open and they began to tip. Slowly the contents poured out and fell on top of Vanagor's head, just like he wanted. The initial shock of the cold liquid sent a gasp out of his lungs, but Connell kept his composure after the initial dousing. The water kept trickling down and he was successfully holding position with everything elevated. One might be left to wonder why he was doing this?

The Council was looking to assign him a Padawan Learner and was sending the first potential here to this training room.

The news was both inspiring, and nerve wracking at the same time. Connell was not that far removed from being Knighted himself and here he was being considered for a Padawan. One thing though, Vanagor was approaching this in a prudent manner. Rather than stress and dwell on how this could go, he was mindful of the possibilities and alert to not trying to predict how things will go. After all, even visions only show "a possible future".

Still though, Connell was curious as to who might walk through that door. Kel Dor female? Aqualish male? Combatant? Pacifist? It was interesting, but he was not going to let anything fall this time.

The silhouette of a Togruta female graced the doorway and a regal Jedi woman entered the room. She was flanked by a brunette human female in fashionable city garb. The Togruta was graceful in all her manners and spoke with a smile,

"Knight Vanagor. May I introduce you to Padawan isle of planet Denon."

She gave a wave and Madison Isle stepped forward. Confidently, if a little dismissive of her surroundings.

"I am Jedi Master Malla Nabrin and, likewise, young Padawan Isle is something of an experiment of mine. As such, we've partnered to create a new type of recovery program for her."

Madison scoffed and removed the pitch-black aviator shades that hide her eyes and accentuated her facial scars. Almost proudly.

"I'd like for her to be trained as a Jedi Padawan regardless of her age and experience. I believe that with the help of the Force, one day she might understand life, her talents, and herself; more fully. ...And perhaps. To leave her old life, well and truly behind."

Master Nabrin smiled and motioned to Madison with an upturned palm,

"Anyway. I've stolen enough of your time dear. The stage is now yours. I will be available later should you need me. Ta ta."

Then the Togruta woman turned to take her leave. Stopping at the base of the doorway to look back at Vanagor and smile. Perhaps she was proud of the Council's pick of a mentor. Or perhaps she was merely musing of the challenge that lay ahead of him. Hard to tell from her fickle little smile. Either way. She quickly turned and disappeared down the hall. Leaving naught but the rustling of her long coattails behind.

Madison Isle turned to face Connel in her abscence and gave a dismissive flip of her magestic ponytail. She seemed utterly unimpressed to be here and her tone reflected it.

"Knight Jedi. ...Hello." She tossed her head to one side. Then back again. "Mal was right about one thing."

She paused to look at her fingernails. As if they were suddenly more interesting than anything Connel had to say. Or, do. For that matter.

"I'm, recovering. Or whatever."

Then she looked up and bladed her eyes. Reaching out with her natural talent to sort of probe Connel's aura. Quietly. But in an untrained manner. Like grasping for a ledge, just so faintly out of reach. Then she recoiled mentally and stood up a little taller. As if slightly satiated from the effect.

"My name is Madison Isle. And I'm here to begin. At the beginning."

She frowned. Then quietly put away her military styled sunglasses and bowed. Somewhat deeply too. Ignoring his - erm, - wetness. For the moment.

She was dressed in somewhat Artrisan styled clothing. Rich, customized, and fantasicially expensive. Speeder boots and fur-cuffed leather jacket. Not quite exactly the neon Denon cyber-lights that one might expect of a Southern System native. Yet still? Everything was far too clean and tidy to be anywhere near common street style. She reeked of wealth and a princesses' attitude to boot.

Indeed. As she stood up back to her full height. You couldn't but get the feeling that she was looking down at you. Even if you were still 6' 3". Hrm. A strange woman indeed. Fearless.

To a fault.

Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]

As the two walked, Vanagor made a point to take notice, but he continued with his mental workout. It was difficult for him to get to this point and stopping would be a waste of time. He did not have the education that one should stop and turn all attention to a Jedi Master who identified themself, but Connell did pay full attention. Only difference is, he was balanced on his hands and looked "plank" his body outwards (almost like doing pushups with his feet off the ground).

"Denon"? Heard the stories.

Looking the two of them over and nodding in understanding, Connell was sizing the Padawan up. She clearly did not want to be there, and after the way she was openly dressed down and insulted, he could feel for her in that regard. That being said, a Jedi Master was a Jedi Master. Was this a punishment for her, or "tough love"? She dripped of "Princess" and "rich girl" vibes, but there was a light that Connell could sense in her.

The younger Vanagor was priding himself that he was not his parents, but Connell could use something he learned from them. Father would just dress her down and verbally browbeat her into submissive respect, or try to in this case, she looked like it would go in one ear and out the other. Mother however would use psychology, and the realism she was so amazing at.

Thank you, Master. I will let you know.

Adjusting his body in a fairly impressive display of upper body, and core strength as well as flexibility, the young Jedi Knight was now adjusted into a full handstand without his feet ever touching the ground. He held this position for another moment or two as the items still suspended in the air floated slowly to the ground below. This provided the distraction long enough for Master Nabrin to leave earshot, or not, that was up to her and not important. Now that she is gone.

Slowly, in another impressive display, Connell twisted and contorted his way into a seated lotus position, eyes on Madison. His look was simple, yet somewhat quizzical. You clearly do not want to be here, so go ahead and go.[COLOR]

No, Connell was not dismissing her, not at all, this was how he knew how to learn her outlook and sense of self.

The dismissive woman eyed Connel like a lion views an ant. Yet when he mentioned that she was free to go? Well well. She raised an eyebrow in mild surprise. Mmm. No. Perhaps not how a lion views an ant. No no no. Perhaps, hmm? Perhaps how a lion views a swimming giraffe instead. Interestingly. After all.

It was a remarkably insightful thing to say.

"Excellent."

She gave a quick swish of her luxurious hair and sharply took off her biker jacket. Revealing an uncommonly fit woman in her early thirties. Covered in thin long scars. Underneath she wore a black tank top with fine golden trim that exposed her arms. Then she began stretching an arm over her chest in earnest. Tossing her jacket upon a nearby hook or chair. And smiling.

"That trick you did with the floating items there."

She placed her hands on her hips and tossed him a glance of utterly disinterested-interest. Yet she was breathing warmly. As if preparing for some strange or stronger physical exercise that was yet near.

"The Master of the Oni Akai-Ryu was able to do that too. He was a Dark Jedi according to your Order's lore. Tell me. If you would. How is it done?"

There was a blade in her eye when she said that. As if she was trying rather calmly not to threaten him. Or perhaps. To allow a cunning man to see that she was deeply interested in what came next.

Thank you, Mother.

Her education in the mind gave him the ability to ignore just how much Madison's physical form was… distracting. It also helped him pick up on her own attempts at using psychology. Perhaps she was trying to "one-up" him, perhaps she was simply trying some smooth flair of mild interest, either way, he would continue his own side of the conversation just as he had.

No…

Not a dismissal, but as Connell pulled a bottle of blue milk to his hand, opened it and took a drink, he shrugged. I am not authorized yet to teach anyone and if I want a future here, I will wait for that authorization.

Fully aware that this made him sound… less... Conell cracked his neck. Besides, Master Nabrin would be a better teacher at it then I. I would need to know what you were capable of beforehand. Maybe you are not even ready to learn it. There was a hint of constructiveness to the criticism, she was not ready to learn, this was a "job" to her, judging by her attitude. She was being treated like she was being punished, so she would act like it.

He could not fault her for that.

I'm not going to push anything on you, you've clearly gotten a raw deal, so it would be a waste of time here for both of us. I'll simply wait for when I accept a Padawan assignment. He simply took another sip of milk. She deserved to be able to keep her dignity but he would not let it turn into some level of ego. That would do the both of them a disservice.

Her head cocked ever so slightly and her eyes narrowed almost to a squint. Oh. Oh, how she hated to be denied.

"Hmph." She scoffed dramatically and lifted her chin. Her eyes flicking away to some far away place. Someplace calmer. Someplace smoother. Something familiar that her old mentor used to say. Then it vanished. Just as quickly.

With a tilt of her head she eyed Connel with a musing disinterest. Like a patron of the arts dismisses a boring painting. And yet. She understood. She understood authority. She understood hierarchy. Violent and calm and respectful. Like a painting full of bosses and henchmen and glossy fast cars. She knew. This world of Masters and authority was familiar to her.

She could wait.

No matter how unpleasant it felt.

"Very well then."

She slithered like a snake. Then quickly turning to matters less pressing than the present. She relaxed and eyed the room. Turning her shoulders first and then her hips. Taking up the largest open space available, she walked over to the middle of the room. Making herself comfortable in the very act of standing alone.

"I understand orders. You know."

She turned her head to look at him. Seeing him differently now. Looking at him as if he were not just a statue with an uncommon name. Jedi. Oh no. Now she looked over her shoulder at him as if he were something that could be played with. Something that could be used.

"Where I come from. The Masters are always in control."

Was Connel a plaything to her senses now? Could she manipulate him. Could she seduce him. ...Could she break him.

"I can be controlled."

She turned her body more fully to face him. A powerful feminine form. Scarred but resilient. Sensual but dangerous. Thin but hiding experience. She knew how to use her body to it's fullest potential. She'd done it before. She wanted him to see her. Wanted his eyes to wander. Distracted. Enchanted. Encased.

"But who are you to control me? Hm?"

You could almost see her teeth in those words. Was she inviting him in, or... Was she testing his resolve? Suddenly she raised her chin and eyed him down the long slope of her nose. Like prey.

"What is control. To a Jedi."

She made a sharp gesture of her hand. Like squeezing a fruit too tensely. Then she smiled. And relaxed. Lifting the aura of the room and relenting from her tests.

She scoffed. Then took a deep breath. Returning to disinterest. Returning to bored.

"Why would you want a student, anyway?"

A simple question. She wasn't even looking at him anymore. As if it wasn't even paying attention to how interesting it really was.

What's this now?

There was a fine line between letting someone keep their dignity and letting them become the "cock of the walk", in a manner of speaking. She was either misconstruing everything he had said to this point, or she thought she saw a doormat in front of her. Connell thought she was attractive, make no mistake, but she was here to basically audition as a Padawan. As if this was some kind of holovid "casting couch" or "game." It wa no game…

… not to him.

I realize that this is not the Jedi Order of old, that there are Jedi in relationships and Jedi who wed, even have children.

I am a product of that after all.

That being said, if this is a game to you, I will repeat my initial statement… you can leave now.

Kicking to his feet, now he was looking down on her, the authoritative tone and stance he learned from his father, Connell spoke calmly. While I know a bit of Atrisian and the culture, I will tell you that other than utilizing "Jar'Kai", Jedi are not comparable to Atrisia. We are not about "control", no matter what the title "Master" may connotate. Jedi are about "education", hence the name "Padawan Learner". You are not nor will ever be "controlled".There are rules to follow, and directives given, yes, but it is that way everywhere. You are free to be yourself and who you are.

Walking away, and over to the center of the room to gain some space, Connell took out two training sabers and began to spin, swing, and slash them simultaneously, showing his knowledge of the aforementioned swordplay. If she wanted to retort, she could, if she wanted to try and continue to play with him she could, he was now disinterested. She was too old for this and he was not going to let her play that card. He did have one last comment though, unless she decided to actually let herself be something more than what she was.

"Why" indeed. You are arrogant, privileged, lackadaisical, unwilling to accept change and are reckless on your attitude alone. You will not make it as Master Nabrin's Padawan…

Then he felt it, Connell could feel her "eyes" on him… no… not Madison's… his Mother's. Stopping and facing her.

... but you might just make it as mine. You have the choice of whether or not to accept what I have to offer though.

Strength is deserving of respect.

Connel would not play her game. Good. Only a fool would have invited upon such an opportunity. Clearly, the Jedi; and this, Vanagor character, would not be so easily confused.

Excellent.

Strength is deserving of respect. So she scoffed and flipped her hair. Remaining standing and quite silent for a moment. Just letting a moment of pause pass between them. A moment to separate the past, from the now. A moment were nothing of excess or filigree was mentioned. A moment alone. And then. She walked over to the door. Almost happily.

Yet. Stopping only a hair's breath away from an exit. Before turning her shoulders slightly and giving him another look of mild, mild disinterest. She turned fully to face him and squinted knowingly.

"And. What do you have on offer?"

There would be no more games.

He could say his terms and she could leave. Maybe she'd sleep on it. Maybe not. Or maybe she'd just leave and he'd never from her again. Or maybe, she'd return to Denon this very night and kill every single remaining member of the Oni Akai-Ryu with her own blood red spear.

Hm.

Or not. She hadn't really thought that far ahead yet. Amusing as it was to ponder.

The strange woman put her hands on her hips and awaited from Connel an offer, a rejection, or perhaps just a wave away. Either way. Master Nabrin was expecting something of her.

Best not to keep the old Togruta waiting.

Well...

Throwing the two training sabers back at the wall where they hung, the two training weapons seamlessly fell into their normal "spots" and nestled back onto their hooks. It was a little violent in how they bounced around, and one might wonder if he used the Force or not to do that but Connell will never tell.

Yes I will, I didn't, just practiced a lot.

Walking her way, he shrugged.

What I have on offer is the choice only you can make.

Fully aware that this was going to enhance her disinterest, it was what would lead up to what Connell had to "offer." He was not going to "sell" her on anything, this was not a speeder dealership, he… that's it.

You can walk away, never come back and be the person that your doubters knew you to be. You would never have to see them, or listen to them. You could even kill people with your big red spear… yeah… sorry… your surface thoughts are too easy to read.

Or

You could be the Jedi in the vision that I was in the middle as you walked in. An individual of limitless realized potential, an individual who has a story to tell, not a fairy tale, a story. A person who will not only make a difference in the here and now… but be the person to whom Jedi Masters in the future speak of when asked who inspired them. A person to whom little girls, women will speak of when they regale about that point in time where they realized that they would no longer be controlled by another.

Was it a cheap play on her emotions? A way to manipulate what might motivate her? Possibly, but there was more to her than her exterior, a person who was giving her naysayers every reason to hate her because she was defeated in trying to change their opinion.

A person who can get the best possible revenge on those who doubt her… living her best life… that is what I have on offer.

Like a fish out of water. Madison was finally given a reason to hesitate. A pause. Perhaps thirty one years in the making.

She pursed her lips with discomfort and made a small sigh of resignation. Quietly defeated by a war of tiny little truths. Spoken aloud. Spoken calmly. In the voice of another. Hmph. She didn't bother to look him the eye as she turned to the leave room. Connel had made his point.

For all her prowess, money, and deadly accomplishments - damn it. She was as easy to read as a book. A woman at the end of one destiny. Searching frantically for a way to escape another. She didn't even know Jedi could read minds either. Kark. That was a good one.

Madison turned, gathered up her coat, and left the room proudly without so much as a goodbye.

She needed space. To think.

. . .

Fifteen minutes later found Madison standing outside the Jedi Library. Lost in thought. Her dedication to being the best swordswoman in all of Denon was flagging. Here in the temple of a strange an alien people? She wasn't quite sure if the best place for her. Yet every time she stopped to consider other options, umph. She grew just as disenchanted.

How does a Yakuza Enforcer look for a new job? It sounded like a joke. Hmph.

"I take it, he made an impression on you then. Hehe. Good."

"What?.." Madison turned. A bit startled. Only to find Master Nabrin exiting the library doorway with a smile. A woman Madison affectionately call 'Mal'.

"I knew I liked him. Hm." The old Togruta smiled and crossed her arms knowingly. "How'd it go?"

"Pfft. Why don't you just read my mind and find out."

"Because I don't have to. ...You're considering my offer. Excellent. I promise, it's not a trap."

Madison rolled her eyes and sighed. Placing her hands on her hips and nodding slowly.

"I'm. Considering it."

"Good!"

Mal smiled and began to walk away. Confident in her affections. The distance caused Madison to frown and gesture aloud,

"I said. I'm considering it!"

"I know darling. And I'll be quick to tell Connel that you're still available to be a Padawan learner. Naturally. Should he decide your antics are still worth his time."

Madison scoffed and turned her head. As if she had, 'antics' to share. Bah. Ridiculous.

"Go home Madison." The Jedi Master smiled from afar. Slowly fading away, "And try to think about making a new life for yourself here. On Coruscant. This... Is just a beginning."

Madison scoffed and almost spit on the floor. But didn't. Hmph. She kinda the liked the idea. Musing it over anew in her mind. A new life. A new you.

A dream of finally having a blank slate again.

Later that evening.

Connel would get a message. It was from Mal. Or, Jedi Master Malla Nabrin of Denon. Whichever you prefer.

~ "Greetings and good evening Knight Vanagor. I congratulate you for making such a strong impression upon my new student. Tiny warlords like Madison Isle are not so easily impressed. I believe she enjoyed your interaction together today. And, should you find the time. Or the patience. I'd like to remind you that she is still available to become a traditional Padawan learner. Most eagerly. In fact. As such, I'll leave her comm address at the end of this message. And hope my words find you well and feeling perhaps, a little adventurous." ~

Well. Maybe that was overselling it. But anyways,

~ "Thank you for your time and dedication to this temple, Knight. The Force moves in mysterious ways. As I am so often akin to remember. Indeed. Who knows what destiny and what lives we might change from something so small as just - a little push in the right direction." ~

Closed. May the Force be with you. ~ Mal.

Hmm. Interesting.

~ "Thank you for your time and dedication to this temple, Knight. The Force moves in mysterious ways. As I am so often akin to remember. Indeed. Who knows what destiny and what lives we might change from something so small as just - a little push in the right direction." ~

Hmm...

Playing the message over several times, Connell pondered the meanings, both surface and deep seeded of the Master's words. Truth be told, the kid wasn't sure that he was ready for, or even wanted a Padawan right now, let alone one older than he was, and with the attitude of this woman. Then again, if being a Jedi Knight was easy, everyone would be one.

Pulling out his personal comm-link, Conell pressed a few buttons until the blue visage of a statuesque woman in her forties appeared. "Guardian Authori…oh hello Master Jedi. How is your mother? Your father?" Xidane Theriac, head of civil R&D for Guardian Authority Ltd. A Zeltron, and lives up to every "nuance" they are known for, but fiercely loyal to the company.

They're well, thank you. Listen, I was wondering. You are building me a "Crotch Rocket" Speederbike, could you build another if I send you the general measurements?

Pulling out a datapad, she nodded enthusiastically. "Of course! Just send those when you have a moment and we will have them both ready for you by next week. With a fast couple of estimated numbers, Connell followed the directive and she nodded in receipt of them. This was not something he was expecting to do, but one would fit the personality of his new Padawan. After exchanging more pleasantries, they said their "goodbyes" and he was changing channels.

This would be to Madison Isle.

A text message.

Code:
When you are ready to change your life… 
follow the light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom