Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Telamanium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coal_anthracite.jpg

Intent: To be a valuable resource found only on the planet Solovarna. This will help in the development of having Solovarna introduced to the galaxy, as well as its people, and how people will react to its discovery, e.g. trying to take over the planet so they can harvest it themselves or trying to establish trade with the Soltarans.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Solovarna
Model: None
Affiliation: Soltarans
Modularity: It can be augmented into certain shapes, like most metals. It’s mainly used for armoring purposes.
Production: Common place in the colder regions of Solovarna.
Material: Telamanium
Description: Telamanium is a very durable metal, stronger than more commonplace metals, and is found only on Solovarna. It is found in the colder regions of the planet, even far down in the deepest coldest trenches of the ocean. It is durable against high intensity laser weaponry; at least those used by the Soltarans. It has proven to be harder than chrome, able to withstand pressure of up to 30,000 leagues. However, because of its cold nature, extreme heat can cause it to melt very fast. The most heat it can withstand is only about 1000 degrees, making it a very difficult and delicate procedure when forging it into other shapes; this also makes it very weak against a lightsaber.

(My first attempt so I know I've made one mistake or another. Just let me know what I need to do to fix it.)

@[member="Darth Tyrana"]
Aha, here it is.

OK, I would like some more details about just how resistant it is, especially regarding lightsabres, blasters, slugthrowers and so on.

How easy is it to smelt? Does it need o be alloyed? How can it stabilize temperatures? Is it good at conducting heat?

@[member="Tamara"]

OKay made change, though I know I might have made more mistakes since I'm not a sience person lol. Anyway let me know if I need to change more things.

@[member="Darth Tyrana"]

Clean up the submission for spelling/grammar errors.

I'm not sure that metal works that way, or that this would be a practical heating solution. I suggest electric or gas heating would be far more efficient than a hot bar of metal!

Specify how hard it is, and how it is not resistant to lightsabres also.

@[member="Tamara"]

Okay I got rid of the heat thing lol. Again, my first time trying to talk science with anything lol. But Hopefully yhe fixes I made will help. Also, not sure it it's true, but lightsabers are as hot as 2000 degrees which is why this metal isn't as resistant to them. And since it's mainly used for making submarines and bases in cold areas that's why I was trying to give it the heating purposes. But again, maybe I don't fully know what I'm talking about.

@[member="Darth Tyrana"]
Simply making it stronger than regular steel would suffice there. A replacement for durasteel I guess.

You list that it's mainly used for armaments, but I see no mention of that in the description?

@[member="Tamara"]

Whoops wrong word to use. Should've said armoring purposes since they don't use it for weapons. That's something I suspect the evil people of the galaxy to use it for lol. Fixed it though and I guess if it's a durasteel subsitute I can work with that.

@[member="Darth Tyrana"]

I'll approve this, though it's not scientifically perfect, those things are minor niggles.

Two things that have to be stated are:
  • It's a substitute for durasteel that is naturally good at conducting heat.
  • It's quite rare and difficult to produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom