Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEF LOOK AT THIS I FOUND ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, upon a prompt, extensive investigation, I discovered that it might be due to the tags.

Upon creating a thread in the Star Wars Open Roleplaying forum, you have the option of several different prefixes. Each prefix links to a tag. The prefix Dominion is the same as the tag Dominion as threads using either or both are tagged in the same manner.

In the instance that you use no prefix or tag, there is no issue.

When Dominion is used as a TAG or PREFIX, the issue pops up.

When any of the other tags have been used, such as:There is no issue with the tags in the list immediately above.

Changing the prefixes can either fix or cause the issue. Going from the Duel prefix to Dominion yielded the issue. Changing the tag to something else fixed it.

I decided to mix and match tags in the Star Wars Role-playing Forum. For example, I used the Duel prefix with Dominion tag. As you can see, this did not cause a problem.

However, mixing the Galactic Event prefix and Dominion tag, as well as the Non-Canon prefix and Dominion tag resulted in both being listed under Omega Pyre.

This prompted me to check the "Also Tagged" section at the bottom of the thread. The "Also Tagged" section seems to take the keywords a thread uses and link them to other threads. This should allow users to easily find similar threads if they want more of the same thing.

Here are the "Also tagged" sections for certain keywords and combinations:I will not list the other prefix combinations with the Dominion tag. Too many pictures.

However, I did find a correlation of the "Also tagged" sections and whether or not they appeared under Omega Pyre. When the thread was listed under Omega Pyre, it was also linked to a thread that was in Omega Pyre's faction discussion forum. When the thread was not listed under Omega Pyre, none of the threads that it was linked to were from a faction discussion board. This can be seen by looking at the pictures listed immediately above.

By using the "Also tagged" sections, I have identified five threads that had this issue.You can see by clicking on the links and looking at the picture, the same correlation I discovered repeats itself in all of these examples.

Using Teferi's method that he gave to solve this problem, I found that it simply removed the tags of a thread. I repeated the method on Omega Pyre's May Dominion and Check-in threads, which were listed in the "Also Tagged" section of these threads. The result should be what you see now, the Gand thread should not be listed under Omega Pyre and the Also Tagged section does not list any faction threads.

CONCLUSION:

Tags were the fundamental cause of the issue that led to threads being listed under faction forums. Specific tags are not the direct cause, meaning that "Dominion" does not list threads under Omega Pyre without other factors being in play. The direct cause is the code used to select similar threads and place them in the "Also Tagged" section of threads.

Based on what I have done, I conclude that in the event a thread from a faction's discussion forum is linked in the "Also tagged" section, threads linked to it will be listed under that faction's discussion forum.

I would suggest to Teferi to check the Social Group application and to report the issue to the developer, just to see if there is a way to fix it on our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom