Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teach Me To Live; Give Me The Strength To Try

With a nod of the head, Connor wiped his mouth, but not before popping a small potato in it and taking one in his hand. Then, he pushed back and stood up, rolling the food hand to hand.

"I’ve got a few back-up pieces in my ship, everything I need right here on so let’s go.”

He hated being spontaneous, especially when it came to being “carefree” and social, which wasn’t always his thing, but before the pair killed each other or said something they’d regret, best to just pack up and go.

"15 minute call, Miss Sol. And don’t forget your pup.”

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Fifteen Minutes?

Oh, it was on!

Rising up from the chair, she scooped up both of the plates and whisked them over to the counter - removing the excess food before plopping both of them into the dishwasher and starting up its cycle. She couldn't leave the place messy now, could she?

Okay, so maybe she had been lying when she said everything was ready... She kept a few key items out. Her sonic servodriver, for one, was within her workshop, and some of her most used clothes were in her wardrobe. It didn't take long for her to collect everything, though, as well as Kyne's things.

Then she was out of the house, glancing over Cratertown for what might be the last time.

"I presume we're taking both ships?"

She doubted either had room for the other in their hangar. Kyra didn't even have a ships hangar, so there was that. Unless Connor miraculously had one... Which was possible, he was full of surprises after all.

[member="Connor Harrison"]

And just like that, they were outside. Kyra had moved like a mini-whirlwind in the house, and all Connor did was tidy the table and look out of the window again while she busied herself in each room.

He stood, rubbing his hands together and he slowly walked down the built in steps. No hesitation in leaving or else doubt sets it – just keep going.

"Biggest thing I’ve fit in my ship is a speeder, so I don’t think we’ll fit your ship. Beside, you always need your own way around so just follow my lead and keep your com open and we’ll find somewhere, ok?”

He turned, squinting in the sun and looking up at her.

"You ok doing this? No worries? Just think – after this, Voss may become your new home.”

[member="Kyra Sol"]

She gave a nod to his comment and turned her gaze toward him.

"Separate ships it is, then. Probably for the best, I doubt you want an overexcited Kyne to deal with all day and night."

To this she pulled out her tongue playfully, before sighing. It would be weird leaving Jakku for the first time in ten years, but it was something she was willing to explore. Who knew what waited around the corner?

"I'll follow your lead, and I'm sure. It will be fun!"

At least she hoped it would be. Now was not the time for doubts, though.

"Do you have somewhere in mind?"

With a grin, he pointed to his chest.

"Do I look like I have a plan?”

Turning and leading her and her hound to the ships around the base of her cliff dwelling, he took a glance out to Star Point and smiled to himself.

"Follow me to Sanctum space. I’ll show you Voss on a fly-by and then we’ll bring up the surrounding sytem and pick a planet. Together.”

He turned and looked at her for a moment.

"Thank you.”

He reached out with his hand and took hers, squeezing it gently, before letting go and turning back to their ships in the distance, looking strong and mighty together.

"I’ll fly over the Graveyard of Giants on the way out, let you have a look. AND one more pass over Star Point for old times’ sake.”

[member="Kyra Sol"]

"Nope, and that's what I love about you."

Who needed plans? Certainly not Kai. Once upon a time she had been an entirely freebird, doing what she wanted when she wanted. Well, that was before the space witch got involved and her life became more and more about work and peril.

But now?

Now her life could get back on track. Carefree, fun. Doing what she wanted, where she wanted, rather than hiding away.

Kyne bounded after her as she followed Connor down the first few stone steps and looked out over the town alongside him.

"Together" she echoed, that would be the important part. It had to be a decision they both made, so neither felt compelled to stick it out for the sake of the other. The last thing they needed was more tension.

Her hand squeezed his back and for a moment things seemed perfect. The heat of Jakku's fierce sun burned down, the land was quiet and comforting.

There was nothing more for her to say, not even when his hand dropped from hers and Connor spoke of his plans.

Something was shifting, changing, within her. Around her. She could only wonder what new chapter in her life was about to begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom