Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tea? What's That?

Scherezade's shoulders relaxed a little as the subject was changed, and she made a mental note to remember that trade was apparently a good direction to had into when things almost went sour.

"Nothing," she answered with a little smile, "We're self sufficient and prefer to avoid getting into imports and exports as this means giving up our location."

There were other matters, of course. Endelaan did not deal with space-wars, and on the ground there were weapons that were handed down over and through the generations. Every few centuries, the planet would open up, catch up with the rest of the galaxy, and close back up again. Strangers weren't just unneeded for Endelaan to properly work. They were unwanted.

Would she herself change that, if she became the Queen? She still had no idea.

"But it appears most planets don't operate that way," she added in afterthought, "there are many planets who don't need imports, but seem to cherish them anyway. It's an interesting form of greed, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. If you have food, housing, protection, entertainment, and having more of it wouldn't really improve your standing... Do you really need more of it?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Scherezade deWinter"] was right. Both people and planets didn't need too much. "We get people coming here from all over, so they have different tastes in food, clothing, building materials. So it helps to get those brought to us from outside sources so that they can feel more at home and more comfortable. There are some that would like what we have to offer, and so we bring it to them. But most just would like a safe place to travel through. Given that we are not at war here, our routes are ideal for most."

Kay leaned back a little. "My territory spreads not by just some desire to take over the Galaxy, but of my want to keep others safe from the raging wars. People have the right to decline. I wouldn't force them into it. So far it's all gone well." Minus Yutan. But that was a different matter. And she did her best to never raise it with anyone.

Scherezade nodded, tucking away a vital piece of information; the Commenor System routes were safe for travel. That meant she had at least one back up plan for when things started to go sour. Maybe more than one, but for now, this was important to know.

She also gave a shrug when [member="Lady Kay"] mentioned different wants people could have. It was true, there was no denying that. But the people of Endelaan were rarely exposed to different fashions and tastes, so they had little to no need or want for it. At least, for now. And frankly, for as long as possible. Their secrecy kept them safe, and until they had a leader that could expose them to the galaxy once more, their need for outside things should be kept at a minimum as well.

"What about when outsiders threaten you?" she asked with a near child-like curiosity, "some people would rather take what you have to trade instead of trade it for other things." And then they became dangerous, and had to be dealt with.

Kay-Larr

Kay blinked a little. "We haven't really been threatened by outsiders. Given our neutral state and reasonable tax rate, there hasn't been any want for outsiders to threaten us. Plus we've kept out of everyone's business, out of their wars. That would mean choosing sides and could bring war down upon us."

In the meantime they didn't keep themselves defenceless. Their fleets were growing, as well as their military assets and personnel. But she couldn't go into details about that, nor did she boast about it. They had contracts with a variety of companies, limiting the chance of any embargoes against them.

Much as [member="Scherezade deWinter"] protects her world, Kay does the same with those within her territory.

"You'll have to choose a side some day," the teenager remarked solemnly. She took a final sip from her tea before setting it down. "We all do."

And she knew. She had chosen the side a mere hours after breaking out of her prison. And the side had been to go against her grandmother. A galactic war would have been easier, would have turned less dangerous people against her. But now was not the time to bring it up.

"Thank you very much for the wonderful tea, and the insights you've so patiently offered me," Scherezade said with a genuine smile, "but I think I should get going. The nightmother's ship will be ready to leave pretty soon and I should be on it when it does."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded. What [member="Scherezade deWinter"] had said about choosing sides; she had heard it all before a number of times. "Not for a very long time. Right now the side is Commenor's." Even if attacked she would still choose her people over others.

She got to her feet as the young woman suggested that she go on her way. Kay offered her a small smile. "You're welcome. Thank you for the visit. Try not to be a stranger. You are welcome back at any time." She stepped towards the door to show her out. "I wish you good journeys." An old Commenori saying. It was a good one though, one meant to bring luck. But that was if someone believed in that sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom