Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech TE-413 Fusial Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=9pt]Image Source: N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] To Factorize an engine that uses TibannaX gas
Development Thread:
[/SIZE]http://starwarsrp.net/topic/63536-lets-try-developing-something-new/
[SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Haven Shipyards[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] TE-413 Fusial Engines
Affiliation: Open Market, Select Buyers
Modularity: No
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Production:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Minor Production
Material: Alusteel, TibannaX gas
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Description:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Introducing the Haven Shipyard TE-413 Fusial Engine. These engines are built using designs seen in ancient and current StealthX and other stealth and cloaking Starfighters. The TE-413 is an engine built to use TibannaX Fuel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Haven Shipyards, one of the ATC companies worked with the Mara TibX and Fuels engineers to maximize thrust from the engine to the best of its ability. As the TibannaX fuel is set up to be more focused on stealth than it is speed, the vessels will be running at a slower speed than would be normal for the vessel while in cloak mode, however depending on the vessel, the engines can lose their transparisteel viewport covering to burn hotter, at the expense of visual stealth. As the TibannaX fuel burns quickly, it also runs a bit cooler, reducing the ion flux.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Primary Source:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/StealthX[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tibanna[/SIZE]

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

If I'm understanding this correctly...

You're including a length of tinted glass tubing over the back end of a starfighter's thrusters, and using that as justification for stealthed ion emissions?

I think you're misunderstanding the StealthX wookieepedia page.

Even its fusial engines had been retooled to burn a special tibanna isotope, designated TibannaX, whose efflux turned dark a millisecond after fusion. The viewports utilized blast-tinting technology.
The "blast-tinted viewports" mentioned in the wookieepedia page is referring to the cockpit having black, tinted windows.

While I've no problem with you creating your own version of stealth ion drives, I'm going to require a minimum of 10 posts of development before I can approve the submission.
But before I can approve this, I need you to remove the bit about tinted transparisteel being the reason for stealth. Not only would that not improve the stealth of the craft, I'm fairly certain it would drastically reduce speed and maneuverability (assuming the Transparisteel could even hold up against the heat coming off the ion drives).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom