Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tango of a Deal

[member="Ignus"]

"Not as long as one would think," she replied, pondering his words from behind her tea cup. "Perhaps you are right that bravery is not the right word. Perhaps a better way to put it is a calculated courage and a sense of, maybe not moral obligation, but of standing for one's ideals."

How very interesting, this Sith Lord was. Oh there was little doubt in her mind that if his true beliefs were exposed, some of his fellows would do their darn best to see him ground into nothing but dust. His beliefs danced on the edge of heresy for Sith that were pure traditionalists.

"It really doesn't take long to mold young minds, surprisingly," she continued saying. "Within a single generation, you can change the thinking of the offspring from their parents or teachers. Just look at how effective Palpatine was in wiping away record of the Jedi to the point where most denizens of the galaxy didn't even believe in the Force or that the Jedi even existed. That was only nineteen years as well, when one can define a generation as roughly eighteen standard years. So it is certainly not impossible, but difficult when other voices are also being heard."

"Yes, ideals. Calculated courage is a good way of putting it. I like that."

He tapped his fingers against his glass as he regarded her. What she was quite true. A generation could make all the difference. The problem was, as she said, the multitude of voices in the galaxy that would not allow people to forget certain things, or believe certain truths. That was the problem he'd come up against, time and again. It was the same reason he'd resigned himself to the necessity of killing numerous individuals in the galaxy.

It simply had to be done.

"Someone has to be willing to make the hard choices on which voices should remain, and which should be silenced. Not for the sake of ideology, but for the sake of preservation of life. Not an easy task."

He sipped his tea.

"I should probably get back to it. If I don't, someone's going to be in a tizzy about me being out of touch for too long."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Ignus"]

"Ah yes, we wouldn't want people wondering if I had led you here under false pretenses to capture you," she said, adding a small laugh at the end for good measure. This had been an interesting meeting to be sure. Such an intriguing individual. "It was a pleasure to speak with you, my Lord, and a pleasure to do business. Perhaps in the future opportunities to work together will come along again. In the mean time, Uleema will see to it you get back to your ship."

With that said, she would summon the Umbaran secretary to her office with the press of button. Before he would depart, she would extend her hand to shake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom