Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tangled Fates

???
Tags: Braze Braze

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

"We sure love to psychoanalyze people here, don't we?" Jasper chuckled. "You just don't get me at all."

He went for where he thought he'd get him. Weak force sensitivity, a heroic disposition, and even his current lack of an arm. It was all semantics, and a waste of his time. Letting Braze stay here and be a toy in whatever weird science experiment they were about was a fate worse than death. Jasper had no interest in waiting around.

"Yeah, I'm weak in the force," he agreed. "And I only got one arm, but honestly, who actually cares? I have seen things that you would never comprehend, things that twist and break the mind. I made a living out of defying the odds. And you know what? I'd say I'm pretty damn good at it, so excuse me if I don't take what you're saying into consideration. Like, gods, you could at the very least not talk so damn much."

Jasper turned to Braze, giving him a grin.

"Let's not waste our time here," the knight shrugged. "Besides, freaks that like sticking folks with needles aren't good at keeping their word."

His gaze would shift back however, becoming far more intense. The shift from unconcerned to serious would be jarring, at least for his student. Jasper was to make his intentions clear if this Ace guy wanted to try anything.

"It's good that you don't want to throw hands," he added. "We'd be twins."

The Jedi knight would keep his senses prepared if he did try anything, but he would prepare to go through the door. First. He was the one taking risk here, not his student.

Ace shrugged, an indifferent smirk forming on his lips. "You know, as entertaining as this standoff is, I'd hate to burst your bubble. If you're looking for another door to play hero through, I'm afraid this room offers nothing but the one you came from."

His eyes met each of theirs in turn—Jasper's, then Braze's, and finally resting on Tessa's rebellious face. "So, as much as I'd love to see you rush headlong into another unknown, that's a show I can't offer you here."

Casually, he flicked his lighter open and closed, a subtle display of his own readiness. "Maybe you should consider another path. After all, sometimes the best way to solve a maze is to backtrack. But hey, who am I to offer advice? I'm just a talkative guy who enjoys a good cigarette."

???

"Maybe you should consider another path. After all, sometimes the best way to solve a maze is to backtrack. But hey, who am I to offer advice? I'm just a talkative guy who enjoys a good cigarette."

"Maybe you should talk less," Jasper remarked with a frown.

And with that he'd lead Braze and Tessa in the other direction to the other door.

Ace shrugged, the corner of his mouth lifting into a sly smirk. "And maybe you should listen more. But hey, to each his own." His eyes followed Jasper, Braze, and Tessa as they headed for the other door. "Good luck. You're going to need it."

Last edited:

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png

As Jasper, Braze, and Tessa found their way to the next door they went through a hallway and a new set of doors that opened up, as they stepped through the doors, they found themselves enveloped in the scent of fresh blossoms and damp soil. The sight that greets them is breathtaking—a lush, expansive garden that seems to stretch infinitely in all directions. The air is thick with the aroma of exotic flowers, and the vibrant hues of flora of all shapes and sizes explode in a riot of color. Towering trees with lush leaves provide a canopy overhead, filtering the 'sunlight' into beams that dance across the ground.

The garden's beauty is almost surreal, like a painting come to life. For a moment, the little ones stood in awe, letting the serenity of the space wash over them.

Finally, Braze turns to Jasper, his eyes filled with curiosity. "This place is amazing, isn't it? It's like stepping into a different world. BUT... I somehow don't think we're outside just yet... Something feels... off? "

Tessa's eyes widen as they step into the enchanting garden, her mouth slightly agape in wonder. "Wow, this is...it's like something out of a dream. Look at all the colors! I've never seen anything like it." Her voice tingles with a sense of awe and childlike wonder that momentarily cuts through the tension of their situation.

However, her attention is soon diverted by the sound of giggles and small footsteps. From around a bend in the garden path, a group of children appear, their features strikingly similar to Ace's — fiery red hair and eyes in varying shades of green or blue. They look at the newcomers with eyes wide with curiosity, clearly fascinated by these outsiders in their sanctuary.

The children approach cautiously at first, their eyes filled with wonder as they take in the group's attire. A braver one from the bunch steps forward, her blue eyes keenly inspecting each of them. They appeared to all be in the same age range of 14-15.

"Who are you?" she asks, her voice tinged with a blend of curiosity and caution.

They might be in a place that appears peaceful, perhaps even idyllic, but the resemblance between these children and Ace is too significant to ignore.

One of the younger teens, a girl with fiery red hair and blue eyes that closely mirror Ace's, takes a step forward. Her eyes fall on Jasper's missing arm and the lingering scars that speak of past battles.

"You're hurt," she observes softly, her eyes filled with a mix of concern and curiosity. "You're missing an arm. What happened?"

???

"You're hurt," she observes softly, her eyes filled with a mix of concern and curiosity. "You're missing an arm. What happened?"

Jasper's heart sank. This was fethed up. There was very little in the world that the knight hated. He hated when people had their freedom stripped away. Their world was a bubble.

"Uh, I'm fine. Some evil lady stole my arm," he noted with a frown. "I'll get it back."

His eyes shot to Braze, more intense than before.

<This place is bad news,> the knight spoke into his student's mind. <It's a prison, just not the kind with chains. This is the only world they know. I... don't know if we can help them right now, not without backup. A break with them would be... too risky. We can't help them if we can't help ourselves first.>

They would come back for them later. A prison break would prove disasterous. He could keep Braze and Tessa alive, but there was no way he could keep a band of random of children alive in a demented complex like this. The knight wasn't going to entertain this right now. They would get the coordinates and come back.

"Anyways, we should get going," Jasper shrugged. "Tight scedual and all. We can't get held up here."

He just prayed that others didn't try to hold them here.

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze's eyes darted around the room, trying to process the situation. The presence of the children, all seemingly bearing identical features, only added to his growing confusion.

<I can't quite wrap my head around this... Why children? And why do they all look so... alike?> He thought, transmitting his bewilderment to Jasper.

The ambiance of the room was a juxtaposition of curiosity and tension. The children's gazes shifted between fascination and apprehension as they took in the unfamiliar faces of the outsiders. Braze felt a rising sense of overwhelm as questions began to flood his mind.

Suddenly, sensing the turmoil in Jasper's emotions, Braze was compelled to offer a semblance of comfort. He moved closer to Jasper, extending a hand to rest reassuringly on his shoulder offering comforting rubs. <We'll get through this,> he thought softly.

Before Jasper could respond, a young girl with striking red hair and brilliant green-blue eyes approached him. Her demeanor exuded a gentle confidence. "Stay still," she instructed softly, reaching out to hold Jasper's injured hand. She straightened his fingers and then, A warm glow emanated from her fingertips, and in mere moments, Jasper's wounds began to mend, leaving no trace of pain or scars.

Braze watched in awe, but the moment of tranquility was short-lived as the children's innate curiosity took over. They huddled closer, their similar faces animated with a mix of wonder and confusion.

"Why is your hair gold?" one of them asked, pointing at Jasper.

"And your eyes, they're so different!" another chimed in, looking at Tessa's deep blue eyes.

Braze chuckled lightly, realizing the unique situation they were in. "We all come from different places, with different backgrounds," he began, hoping to satiate their curiosity. "Just like each of you has a unique personality, people from where we come from have varied appearances. Our hair, our eyes, they tell stories of our ancestry and lineage."

A small boy with bright green-blue eyes stepped forward, tilting his head as he looked at Braze. "But why? Why are you all so different?"

Tessa, sensing an opportunity to bridge the gap, knelt down to the boy's level. "It's what makes the universe so beautiful," she said with a smile. "Imagine if every flower looked the same, or if every star shone with the same brightness. Diversity is what makes everything so special."

Among the sea of curious faces, an older boy, perhaps a teenager, with fiery red hair and piercing blue eyes, stepped forward. He seemed more contemplative, less innocent than the rest, as if he had been exposed to truths beyond his years.

"We're not all just from here, you know," he began, his voice carrying an edge of defiance. "Some of us... some of us are from the outside world. The real one."

Murmurs erupted among the children, their eyes widening in shock. "Riven, you shouldn't speak of such things!" a girl hissed, her green eyes filled with worry.

Another child chimed in, his voice trembling, "You know what they say about talking about the outside!"

But Riven stood his ground, his gaze unwavering. "It's true!" he insisted. "And Maverick, he went there. He's seen it. He's been to the outside."

The room was filled with an uneasy silence, the weight of Riven's words pressing heavily on the children's shoulders. Their previous questions about the outsiders' appearances seemed trivial in comparison to this new revelation. Their expressions reflected a blend of fear, excitement, and curiosity.

"What's it like out there?" a younger girl with freckles and curly red hair asked, her voice soft.

Another piped up, "Is it true what they say, that the world beyond is vast and dangerous?"

A third child, clutching a stuffed toy close to his chest, looked up with wide eyes. "And the mother... what is she like? Is she as kind and loving as they say?"

The atmosphere in the room shifted. The children's insatiable curiosity about the outside world, coupled with their innocent naivety, painted a strong picture. The 'outsiders' would realize that while these children might have been shielded from the outside world's dangers, they were also denied its wonders and the vastness of experiences it had to offer.

Braze's gaze shifted uneasily around the room, watching the children, their reactions, and especially their interactions with Jasper. A knot of concern tightened in his stomach.

???

"And the mother... what is she like? Is she as kind and loving as they say?"

"Mother?" Jasper remarked with a frown. "I'm afraid I don't have one of those, so I wouldn't be able to tell you."

He paused for a moment as he lingered on their words, feeling something... bizarre in the force. A void, an emptyness behind them.

"Just a sec," he told the others.

The knight would step out, assessing the crates in the previous room, glaring at the chain holding the floor together. He worcked quickly to drag them into the strange artificially forested room that they were being held within, starting by releasing the Ysalamari held within them, trying his best to shoo them off towards the brush.

"Go on, get," the knight told them before continuing to dig in the crates. After a momen, the man had drawn out a mechanical limb. "There you are. I missed you."

Now they were back in business. The man attached his prosthetic and began digging through the rest of his gear. Lightsabers, EMP grenades, his temporary stun-blaster (whilst his own was on Ukatis). What he really needed right about now lay at the bottom of the crate, a singular stim shot. The other two he had seemed to have broken in transit, shattered at the bottom. Looks like he'd need to save this one for an emergency situation.

"Alright, get your things," he said to Braze and Tessa before turning back to the children he now was certain were strand-casts. "Well, I can tell you the outside world is pretty dangerous, but it's more complicated than that. It's big, and there are a lot of amazing things out there if you know how to keep yourself safe. I'm sure it's a lot more free out there then... well, cooped up in this little box. There's a whole universe out there being kept from you..."

Freedom was the most important right any being could ever have. To make their own choices, live their own lives. Everyone deserved that. Jasper was sure of that if anything else.

"So, uh, you guys know this place, yeah?" Jasper asked. "Is there, like, another door around here?"

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Tessa looked at the children, her eyes softening for a moment. Her usually confident and forward demeanor took a slight back seat as she empathized with their situation. She took a deep breath and then turned her attention to the crate, retrieving her own gear. As she sifted through, she pulled out a sleek, long-range blaster rifle and a compact sidearm. Alongside her weapons were a couple of smoke grenades and a vibroknife sheathed at her side.

"Thanks for the heads up," she said to Jasper, strapping the blaster rifle on her back and placing the sidearm in her holster.

Braze, on the other hand, was quick to fetch his lightsaber, clipping it to his belt. He also picked up his stun-blaster, checking its power level before holstering it. "It's always good to be prepared," he murmured, eyeing the surroundings with a bit more ease now that they were armed.

One of the redhead children, a girl with freckles dotting her cheeks, stepped forward hesitantly. "There's a door," she began softly, "that leads to the 'inside.' That's where we learn, play, sleep, and eat." She pointed towards a semi-concealed panel on one of the walls. "There are different rooms for everything. The learning room has holographic interfaces, and the playroom has a simulation chamber where we can experience different environments. The sleeping quarters are shared, but they're cozy."

A younger boy added, "And the eating room has a dispenser. It gives us our meals."

Tessa looked at the kids, her heart aching for their confined lives. "It sounds very... organized," she said, choosing her words carefully.

Braze frowned, sharing a glance with Tessa. "Is there anyone else besides you children here?" he inquired.

The same girl replied, "Just us and the caretakers, but they only come once in a while."

A lanky boy, his hair a shade darker than the vibrant hue shared by most of the others, hesitated before speaking up. "Sometimes... the 'Mother' chooses some of us. She comes and then... they're taken away," he said, casting his eyes downwards.

Another child, a petite girl with braided hair, added, "Maverick was chosen not too long ago. He was a friend. We don't know where they go when they're chosen, but they never come back."

"They say those chosen have a special purpose,"
piped up another, "but no one really knows what that means."

A younger boy clutched the edge of his shirt, his eyes filled with a mix of curiosity and fear. "Do you think Maverick is okay?"

Tessa crouched down to the boy's level. "We're going to do our best to find out," she said softly, giving him a reassuring smile.

Braze's brow furrowed. "How often does this 'Mother' come? And have you met her?"

The first boy shook his head, "No one's really seen her up close, just glimpses when she chooses someone. But sometimes, the 'Progenitor' comes by."

At the mention of the Progenitor, a few children exchanged knowing glances. The girl with the braided hair continued, "We call him Ace. He checks on us, asks questions, and then leaves. He's different from the caretakers. He feels... powerful."

A small group of kids huddled closer, whispering amongst themselves before one of the older girls, with freckles dotting her face, decided to share more. "I saw it with my own eyes. Maverick was special. The Progenitor, or Ace, as we call him, would often come just for him. They would train intensely, one-on-one. We all knew that Maverick had something Ace wanted to harness or refine."

A younger boy chimed in, his voice filled with a mix of admiration and fear, "Yeah, and there was this other man, the Handler. He had long black hair and these haunting blue eyes. He was always there when Ace trained Maverick, watching from the shadows, taking notes, or whispering instructions. He's really... unsettling."

Another child nodded, "He's like Ace's shadow, always behind him, but there's a sense of authority about him. We've overheard him speaking about answering directly to the 'Mother'. It's like... he's the one pulling the strings, you know?"

Tessa cast a worried glance towards Braze and Jasper, understanding the weight of their situation. Braze's face had turned a shade of red, his eyes shimmering with anger. "This is monstrous," he said, trying to keep his voice steady, though the strain was evident. "Locking up kids, manipulating them, taking away their freedom... It's just... wrong!"

He took a deep breath, fists clenched. "They're just kids, for the Force's sake! How could anyone do this to them?"

The children looked at Braze with wide eyes, many nodding in silent agreement, while others looked down, feeling the weight of their confinement even more heavily than before.

Tessa placed a gentle hand on Braze's arm, trying to calm him. "Cool it we don't need them freaking out remember they don't know what our 'normal' looks like. "

Braze pulled his arm briskly away from Tessa's soft touch and offered Jasper a fleeting glance that was an odd mix of forlorn and loathing.

To the eastern wall of the artificial forest, nestled amongst a cluster of flowering bushes, was a discreet outcropping of rocks. The vibrant hues of the blossoms—purples, pinks, and whites—distracted the eye, their sweet aroma further drawing attention away from anything else. These weren't just any bushes; their petals had a shimmering quality, and they seemed to sway even when there was no breeze. Their allure was undeniable, almost hypnotic, ensuring that anyone who happened upon them would be more focused on their beauty than anything else around them.

But, for those who were looking—really looking—they might notice something unusual. Behind the delicate veil of flowers and beneath the outcropping, the ground seemed a touch smoother, a little too perfect. There was a faint outline, almost imperceptible unless one was searching for it. The silhouette of a rectangular panel door was etched into the terrain, seamlessly integrated with its surroundings.

Jasper's keen senses and attunement to the environment that may have made him pause as he approached the area. The Force whispered to him, nudging him closer. While the flowers tried to ensnare his senses, something deeper tugged at his intuition, leading his eyes to the almost invisible panel door.

???

"Cool it we don't need them freaking out remember they don't know what our 'normal' looks like. "

"I disagree," Jasper remarked with a frown. "Normal is irrelevant here. They're in a prison. I think they understand that. Bottle up that frustration and we lose ourselves."

Jasper walked over, placing a hand on Braze's shoulder. He had found something, a way forward that he felt through the force hidden in the East wall. It was about where the children had said it was. He sighed, tightening his grip a little as he looked to his student, giving a warm smile.

"Your heart is in the right place, Braze," he told him. "Listen, I... this is a little bit different for me. I'm... not too different from those kids. I guess you could say I didn't have the luxury of being concieved the old fashioned way. I can assure you that no matter what you feel, it... doesn't come close to the anger I feel. All of this is natural. We just need to find healthy ways to... coexist with it all. Okay?"

The knight would press on the secret doorway, utilizing his returned prosthetic arm to ensure that it opened. He'd give Braze a proud smile before continuing to speak.

"Good work, by the way," the Sentinel of Harmony noted. "I would have been at this for ages. Now come on. Let's see if we can't get out of here. The sooner we do, the sooner we can bring back the Order and take care of this place."

They had to. He had to.

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png
Braze absorbed Jasper's words with a thoughtful expression, his head tilting slightly as he processed the knight's perspective. He was, after all, a sponge for his Master's infinite wisdom. The weight of the situation settled on his young shoulders, and he couldn't help but feel a surge of empathy for Jasper. He glanced over at the group of children, their eyes reflecting the fear and uncertainty of their circumstances.

With a solemn nod, Braze silently conveyed his agreement, understanding that there was more to this situation than he could fully grasp. He couldn't ignore the sense of suffering around him, and it tugged at his heartstrings.

Meanwhile, Tessa, with a subtle roll of her eyes, followed behind them. Her demeanor suggests a blend of impatience and skepticism as if she were less inclined to entertain the emotional nuances of the moment. Nonetheless, she continued to accompany them in hopes of escape.
As Braze and Jasper moved through the underground facility, they entered a dimly lit industrial hallway. The cold, metallic walls seemed to close in around them, casting eerie shadows. The fluorescent lights overhead flickered sporadically, adding to the sense of foreboding.

The hallway split into four directions at its center, creating a crossroads of uncertainty. To their left and right, they noticed heavy steel doors, each one securely sealed. The air was heavy with a musty, metallic scent, and the distant sound of machinery hummed in the background.

Tessa followed closely behind, her footsteps echoing in the desolate corridor. The atmosphere in this underground facility felt oppressive as if it existed in a realm between reality and the unknown. The hallway seemed to stretch endlessly, with no signs of life or activity.

The liminal space they found themselves in only intensified the feeling of isolation and unease. It was a place where time stood still, and the boundaries between worlds blurred. Braze, Jasper, and Tessa had ventured deep into the heart of the unknown, and the challenges that lay ahead were as uncertain as the very nature of this eerie facility.

The door leading to the nursery was made of thick metal, its surface marred with scratches and dents. When Braze and his companions pushed it open, they entered a surprisingly warm and inviting room. The walls were painted a soft pastel green, adorned with colorful drawings and paintings created by the children. A row of cribs lined one side of the room, each with a plush toy resting inside. The floor was covered in a thick, padded carpet that provided a safe play area for the youngest inhabitants of the facility. Soft lullabies played in the background, and there were shelves filled with children's books and educational toys. It was a stark contrast to the rest of the facility, a place where a semblance of normalcy had been preserved.

There was a door that led to the cafeteria was a heavy, sliding metal door that creaked loudly when pushed open. Inside, the cafeteria was a dimly lit space with long, rectangular tables and benches. The tables were scarred and chipped, evidence of years of use. Overhead, flickering fluorescent lights illuminated the room, casting eerie shadows on the walls. The air was filled with the faint aroma of stale food, and the serving counter at one end of the room held a few trays and utensils, all in need of a good cleaning. It was a place where the children gathered to eat, a somber reminder of their captivity.

The door that led to the classroom was surprisingly plain, lacking any markings or decorations. When they entered, they found themselves in a room with rows of desks and chairs, all neatly arranged. The walls were adorned with educational posters, charts, and a large holographic screen at the front. A chalkboard stood on one wall, covered in equations and lessons. It was a place where the children received what passed for education in their confined world. The room had an air of seriousness and discipline, a stark contrast to the nursery's playfulness.

The door that led to the barracks was a solid metal door, reinforced and imposing. When they entered, they found themselves in a large, open space filled with bunk beds, each neatly made with military precision. The walls were lined with lockers and shelves, and personal belongings were neatly stored in labeled compartments. It was clear that this was where the children slept and kept their few possessions. The room was eerily quiet, with a sense of order and discipline that contrasted sharply with the nursery's innocence.

The door that led to the fighting simulation room led to a high-tech chamber with floor-to-ceiling windows that overlooked a stunning panoramic view of a simulated cityscape. The room was expansive, with padded floors and walls to absorb impact. Holographic projectors lined the room, creating realistic environments for training. At the center of the room was an array of training dummies. The room was designed for combat training, complete with adjustable difficulty levels and challenges. It was a place where the children honed their skills, preparing for an uncertain future.

As Braze and his companions explored the underground facility, they came to a pause when Braze noticed Jasper's injured hand. He gently grabbed Jasper's wrist, and with a concerned expression, he requested, "Jasper, may I see your hand for a moment?"

Braze carefully examined the dislocated sections and grimaced in sympathy for his mentor's pain.

"These should go back into place," Braze said softly, determination in his eyes. "Just give me a moment."

Braze then used the Force to gently manipulate the dislocated bones and joints, skillfully popping them back into their proper positions. Jasper would soon feel a significant reduction in pain as his hand started to regain its normal shape.

But Braze wasn't done yet. He focused his Force abilities, calling upon his unique blend of Force light and Force healing. A soft, soothing green-hued glow enveloped his hands as he placed them over Jasper's injured hand. The gentle radiance seemed to seep into Jasper's skin, mending the injuries with a warm and comforting energy.

Jasper's dull pain would be replaced by a sense of relief and healing. His hand felt stronger and more functional with each passing moment.

"Wait," Braze insisted, holding Jasper's hand in his own, his eyes filled with concern. "I want to make sure you're okay before we continue. Please, don't rush this."

A loudspeaker overhead crackled to life, and a cold, taunting voice echoed through the hallway. The captor's voice, still cold and taunting, echoed through the loudspeaker once again. It carried an air of amused warning, as if she were giving them one last chance to reconsider.

"My dear Jedi," the captor's voice began, "I did warn you, didn't I? Behave yourselves, don't break things, and you might have had a chance to leave here in one piece once we've taken our samples."

There was a brief pause, the captor allowing the words to sink in before continuing, "But alas, it seems you've chosen the path of resistance. Such a shame. You see, I offered you a choice, a glimpse of grace and kindness. Now, well, consequences must be meted out."

The captor's tone grew icier, and there was a sense of finality in her words as she delivered a final warning, "This is your last chance to give up. You won't like what comes next if you continue down this path."

The captor's threat hung in the air, leaving Braze, Jasper, and Tessa with a difficult decision to make.

As Braze, Jasper, and Tessa continued their journey deeper into the underground facility, they eventually found themselves in a room with high windows that provided a view of the surrounding area. These windows, while originally just transparent panels, suddenly transformed into a high-tech security feature.

In an instant, the windows began to change. Thick, metallic shutters descended from above, covering the glass entirely. These shutters were made of a reinforced material, designed to withstand even the most powerful blasts or attacks. They locked into place with a resounding clank, sealing off any view of the outside world.

Simultaneously, the doors leading into and out of the room underwent a similar transformation. From the edges of each doorframe, heavy blast doors emerged and slid into place with a mechanical whir. The doors now had an added layer of protection, making them virtually impervious to any attempts to force them open.

It was as if the room had been designed to be a secure chamber, isolating anyone inside from external threats.

The feminine voice echoed through the room's speakers once again, its tone now laced with disapproval.

"I see you've found your confiscated toys," the voice chided, its words dripping with sarcasm. "I must say, you three are quite resourceful. But remember, rules are rules. Your gear was taken for a reason."

The voice paused for a moment as if contemplating its next words.

"Now, you have a choice," it continued, its tone more serious. "You can surrender your gear willingly and comply with our instructions, or you can continue down this path of defiance. But be warned, consequences await those who do not heed our warnings."

The disembodied voice left a lingering sense of foreboding in the room, making it clear that their actions were being closely monitored and that there would be repercussions for their defiance.

Last edited:

???

"You can surrender your gear willingly and comply with our instructions, or you can continue down this path of defiance. But be warned, consequences await those who do not heed our warnings."

"There's no way in hell," Jasper sneered, standing his ground. "Your consequences aren't worth anything! As long as I'm alive, nobody is playing god, and if you want to order around my student or anyone else you're doing it over my dead body."

His lightsaber was drawn now, and the crossbow in his mechanical arm clicked as it loaded. Already Jasper was beginning to weigh his options. He had EMP and thermal grenades on him, some rudimentary slicing tech, two lightsabers... and a whole lot of ingenuity. As sure as he stood a Jedi Knight, Jasper was determined to make sure that Braze and Tessa got out of this twisted facility alive. He'd die trying to achieve this goal.

"Stay close," he ordered. "Keep your senses sharp, don't let your guard down."

He had a bad feeling about this.

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png
As the doors to the observatory balcony hissed closed, a masked figure emerged, a mysterious presence in the dimly lit space. The figure was clad in a sleek, close-fitting attire that hugged their form, giving them an agile appearance. Their mask concealed their identity, leaving only their vibrant turquoise-colored eyes visible. Strapped to their side was a stun blaster, but what was curious was the archaic-looking lightsaber they held in their gloved hand. The blade emitted a vibrant blue-green hue,.

With an air of confidence, the masked figure spoke, their voice distorted by the mask but dripping with resolve, "So, you've managed to make it this far. Impressive. But if you wish to leave, you'll have to get past me."

Braze glanced at Jasper, his eyes held intense focus, and without hesitation, he reached for his training lightsaber, igniting it with a fierce green blade that crackled with energy. The hum of the lightsaber filled the tense air as he held it ready for action.

Tessa, ever the quick thinker, swiftly drew her holdout blaster, her expression one of steely resolve. She aimed it steadily at the masked figure, her finger hovering over the trigger, ready to defend her friends and herself.

The masked figure stepped further into the observatory's dim light, revealing his unique appearance. His skin was ashen and pale, almost ghostly in contrast to the vibrant hue of his turquoise-colored eyes. He stepped up onto the railing and stepped

The masked figure stood as the final obstacle between our heroes and their escape, and the air was thick with anticipation as the battle was about to begin.

???

Jasper didn't entertain the man. He simply sprang into action, lifting his mechanical arm to fire off two crossbow bolts at either foot of the man. He'd look back for a moment to give Braze a reassuring glance before rushing in, lightsaber extended out before him.

"I fought Sith lords in the war," he told the man in front of him. "I'd rather not make a mess, but I'll do what I must."

At least to give the man an option, but he figured they were past the point of negotiation. As Jasper charged ahead he held his lightsaber out in front of him defensively, ready to intercept an incoming blow. He'd fake an attack with his blue blade while similtaniously activating a rune in his mechanical hand.

Lightning.

Whenever he had the man opposing him off guard, his focus elsewhere, Jasper would swing an electrically charged right hook at the man, the piston within he prosthetic flaring to life as steam began to billow out. The plan was, as many of his plans were, simple but effective. After all, if the man was knocked out cold, he most certainly wouldn't be doing any fighting. All he had to do was hit him in the head hard enough.

And hopefully it would end quickly.

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png

The masked man remained eerily calm as Jasper fired crossbow bolts at his feet. With surprising agility, he leaped to the side, narrowly avoiding the projectiles.

The masked man tilted his head slightly, almost as if he found the situation amusing. He didn't respond verbally, but his stance indicated that he was ready for the confrontation that had become inevitable.

As the electrically charged punch was unleashed, the masked man's turquoise eyes widened in surprise. He attempted to evade the attack, but Jasper's blow landed with precision. The surge of electricity coursed through the masked figure's body, and he convulsed for a moment before collapsing to the ground, unconscious.

The room fell silent, the only sound the faint hum of Jasper's and Braze's lightsabers. It seemed the threat had been neutralized, at least for now.

"Well damn... that looked easy. Good job Master Kai'el. " Braze praised having been a few steps behind Jasper ready to back him up should things go south.

"Uh... how many more creepy guys are in here? I want to get out already. " Tessa said padding up cautiously behind Braze

???

"Uh... how many more creepy guys are in here? I want to get out already. "

"Just be patient," Jasper assured. "I have a plan."

Jasper took a minute to analyze the man, and his heart sank a little. The man he had just knocked out looked... familiar. He removed the mask, making note of facial features that were very similar to his own student's, but not quite the same. They wouldn't have had enough time to clone any of them, would they? This had to be something different.

The knight put the mask back on, picking the man up by the scruff before tossing him back into the far corner of the room. From there he drew his lone thermal detonator, making his way over to the other end of the room where he planted it on the wall and primed it. From there Jasper ran back towards the two teens, ushering them back to the corner of the room where he had tossed the unconscious man with urgency where he would shield them with his body, letting energu flow into his back to strengthen it so he could fend off the impending shrapnal.

"Okay, I suggest you two cover your ears," he instructed. "We're far enough to avoid the blast, but the sound could still burst your eardrums."

He'd turn to Braze, giving a grin.

"Don't worry about me," the knight remarked. "I can take it. Just let me deal with the shrapnal."

And with that the grenade would go off.

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png

With the masked man unconscious on the ground, Braze approached cautiously. He carefully disarmed the figure, removing any weapons he could find and checking for any hidden surprises. Once he was satisfied that the man was no longer a threat, he watched as Jasper began to remove the mask.

The masked man lay unconscious on the ground, his features partially obscured by the mask he had worn. His pale-colored hair was very long and framed his face, and there was an eerie resemblance to Braze, albeit with a more mature and weathered look. His facial structure, while strikingly similar, bore subtle differences that set him apart from Braze.

As the mask came off, Braze was confronted with a face that sent a chill down his spine. The pale-colored hair framing the man's face, the mature and weathered look—everything about him bore an uncanny resemblance to Braze. It was as if he were looking at a version of himself from a different path in life.

A sense of mild horror washed over Braze as he considered the implications of what he was seeing. Could this man be a clone, a product of genetic experimentation involving him? No that didn't make sense. Maybe another echani? They all looked very similar as a species overall right? They did in truth but this was uncanny with how similar he looked to himself it was like looking into the mirror and seeing a few things just slightly off. The realization that such a fate could have awaited him under different circumstances filled him with a deep sense of unease.

He stepped back from the unconscious man, his eyes wide with disbelief and dread. His thoughts raced as he grappled with the unsettling possibility that his own existence could have been manipulated in ways he had never imagined. The questions swirling in his mind threatened to unravel the very fabric of his understanding of self and identity.

However, watching Jasper keep pushing on seemed to draw him back into the present as the man made his preparations. Braze felt like a droid in autopilot or that he was in some sort of strange dream-like state. "Got it. " He nodded and leaned forwards pressing each of the tops of his own shoulders to cover his ears as he reached up and covered Jasper's ears for him.

Tessa watched in shock as events unfolded rapidly before her. The looming threat of the thermal detonator left her breathless. Jasper's reassurances barely registered as her mind raced with fear and confusion. She quickly moved to cover her ears instinctively and take cover. Her heart raced, and the dread of the situation weighed heavily on her.

???

Braze had seen the man's face. It was... rough, but they could unpack that later. The detonator had gone off by this point, the far end of the room being engulfed in a decent sized ball of fire that ripped through the shielding covering the observation glass, which was reduced to shards of glass and course powder. Bits of metal and glass flew out from the explosion, tearing through Jasper's shirt, but going no further, as his skin stopped anything further, spare some cuts and knicks. After a moment, with the smoke settling behind them, the knight got to his feet.

"See?" he began again, more so for the sake of Tessa, "We're all good. Get yourselves recomposed. I think we'll have a clear path to the exit from here. I just need to chat a little with the folks behind the glass."

With that, Jasper stepped towards the rubble, looking into the now clear viewing room that had been exposed by the grenade. He drew his lightsaber, just in case they tried to shoot him, standing down the opening that had been created with an intense look on his face. He was in too far now. They were getting out. It was just a matter of making sure there was no more stress ahead of them.

"Alright!" Jasper shouted in. "Negotiations are on MY terms now! You're going to let us leave with no more complications, and I'll spare you the headache of more property damage. If you think you still have control, you will find out the very hard way that you don't, so I think compliance is in your best interest."

He'd be back here to clean them up, of course, it was simply if they wanted to be arrested now or later. Jasper did, in a way, want to clean up their operation here and now, but not with Braze and Tessa here with him. They needed to get home.

This all could wait.

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png
Braze gently nudged Tessa, signaling for her to follow him as they moved after Jasper. The explosion had left the room in disarray, but they had no time to dwell on the chaos. They needed to stay close to their protector.

As they approached the viewing glass, they were met with a sight that took them by surprise. On the other side of the glass was a wounded Luka, who appeared to be nursing some injuries. He looked up as Jasper made his demands, and there was a mixture of surprise and frustration on his face.

"The boss isn't actually here," Luka admitted, his voice strained from the injuries he had sustained. "She left orders for us to deal with intruders, but she's not on the premises right now. You've caught us at a bad time."

Jasper's firm stance and demands seemed to have left an impression, but it was clear that Luka was trying to buy time or negotiate. The hallway ahead of them stretched on, dimly lit and foreboding, with multiple doors leading to unknown destinations. The path forward was uncertain.

Luka's admission was accompanied by a grimace of pain as he shifted his weight slightly. It was then that Braze noticed the source of his discomfort. Luka was caught beneath a collapsed structure, pinned down by a large beam that had fallen during the explosion. The beam pressed down on his lower body, making it impossible for him to move freely.

His legs were partially trapped beneath the debris, and it was evident that he was in considerable pain. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he tried to maintain his composure despite the agony he was enduring.

Braze's words were firm and pragmatic, his focus on the immediate situation. "Shame for you; looks like your buddies aren't going to help... I'd wager you have between ten minutes to a few hours before you bleed out... Tell us which way is out, and I might remove the weight that's crushing you."

Tessa, standing beside Braze, couldn't help but feel a mix of sympathy and concern for the injured man. Her voice, held a gentler tone as she addressed Luka, "We don't want anyone to get hurt, but we need to find a way out of here. Please, if you know the way, help us. We'll do our best to get you out of there safely too."

Luka's grimace deepened, and he glanced toward the exit, his expression conflicted. It was clear he was torn between his loyalty to his boss and the urgency of his own predicament. In the end, the desire to survive won out.

"Alright, alright,"
he muttered through clenched teeth, his gaze fixed on Braze. "There's... a secured tunnel that leads to the surface. It's about fifty meters down that hallway," he gestured with a nod. "But you'll need a code to unlock it. My boss... he has it."

Ace made his way through the darkened corridor, his footsteps echoing softly in the silence. The explosion had caught his attention, and he was never one to ignore a disturbance, especially when it came from the training room. As he turned the corner, he found Valor sprawled on the floor, unconscious and partially buried under debris.

Ace approached Valor with a deliberate lack of urgency, his heavy boots scraping against the debris-strewn floor. He nudged Valor's unconscious form roughly with the toe of his boot, making sure to dig it in just a bit. "Well, well, well," he taunted, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Looks like our precious pet has gotten himself into a bit of a predicament, hasn't he?"

Valor groaned, slowly regaining consciousness. He adjusted his mask and looked up at Ace, his eyes widening in surprise and a touch of embarrassment.

"Ace," Valor muttered, his voice muffled by the mask. "What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in the library?”

Ace folded his arms across his chest, a cruel smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "Heard the explosion, didn't I? Figured I'd see what all the fuss was about. Looks like our Jedi 'guests' gave you quite the thrashing, eh?"

Valor shifted uncomfortably, pushing himself into a sitting position. "It's not like that," he protested weakly. "They caught me off guard."

Ace's laughter was harsh and mocking. "Caught you off guard, did they? Playing with the big boys now, are we?"

Valor winced, and Ace reveled in the discomfort he was causing. It was rare for Valor to be on the receiving end of such treatment, and Ace was enjoying every moment of it.

With a begrudging sigh, Ace extended a hand to help Valor up, but he didn't make it easy. He yanked Valor roughly to his feet, making him stumble slightly. "Well, come on then, kid," Ace sneered. He paused and with drew a cigarette and. A lighter and lit it up taking a long slow drag on it before blowing a puff of smoke towards the younger male.

Valor accepted Ace's help, but there was no gratitude in his eyes, only irritation. "Thanks," he muttered, coughing and waving a hand in front of his face to dispel the smoke.

Ace waved off the thanks, his tone still cutting. "Don't thank me yet.”

As he prepared to investigate further, Ace couldn't resist one last jab. "Need more lessons, do you?" he asked, his voice dripping with condescension. "Can't have you embarrassing Mother Dearest with your pitiful performance. Tell me, did you even get a chance to put up a fight, or did they take you out before you could blink?"

Valor's response was a bitter subdued laugh, and Ace knew that this partnership was going to be even more trying than he had anticipated.

Valor was adamant about pursuing their Jedi guests. He argued vehemently with Ace, his voice muffled by his mask but laced with frustration. "We can't let them escape, Ace! We have to stop them before they leave!"

Ace, on the other hand, was less enthusiastic about the prospect. He looked at his cigarette and turned it over in his hand before taking a long drag. He regarded Valor with a cold, unyielding gaze. "I don't recall signing up for any unsanctioned missions," he retorted. "This isn't in my work contract, kid."

Valor's frustration grew, and he clenched his fists. "Damn it, Ace! This is important! We can't let them get away!"

Ace couldn't help but roll his eyes behind his own mask. "I don't work for you," he reminded Valor, his tone dripping with irritation. "I work for your mother. If she wants them caught, she can order us to do it." He took a puff before balancing that cig on his lips then added, “Good soldiers follow orders; You would do well to remember that.”

The tension between them was palpable, and Ace couldn't help but mutter under his breath, "Stubborn little clone."

However, Ace finally relented, though it was clear he wasn't happy about it. "Fine, we'll keep an eye on them," he grumbled. "But I swear, if you get yourself killed over this, I won't be the one to save your scrawny ass."

Valor bristled at Ace's words but knew better than to push his luck any further. With a begrudging nod, he agreed to their course of action. The two unlikely allies turned their attention back to the task at hand, briefly so.

Valor's frustration was reaching its peak as he decidedly went against his better judgment and continued to argue with Ace about capturing the Jedi. He knew that Ace was well aware of their boss, Lady Saraphine, being absent at a business summit, and unable to give immediate orders. The lack of communication out from this base only amplified his sentiment of isolation.

He leaned in closer to Ace, his voice a low, growl. "Ace, you know damn well that Lady Saraphine can't be here right now," he said through gritted teeth. "We need to secure her interests in her absence. We can't let them escape with whatever they've uncovered."

Ace regarded Valor with a stern expression, not giving an inch. "And do you really think Saraphine cares about her real child, the one she birthed? Do you think she wants him running around, potentially causing trouble for her? Or do you think she wants him to fill the role you have been found severely lacking in? One of you is the contingency. So enlighten me! What DOES Lady Seraphine actually want ?" Ace challenged Valor, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

Valor hesitated for a moment, contemplating Ace's words. The thought of Lady Saraphine's possible ulterior motives weighed heavily on his mind. He had always been loyal to her, but now he found himself at a crossroads.

Ace continued, his tone softer but still laced with annoyance. "Maybe it's in your best interest to let them escape, kid. Less hassle for Saraphine, and us in the long run."

Valor's internal struggle was evident as he mulled over Ace's words. He finally gave a reluctant nod, begrudgingly agreeing to let the Jedi go. It was a decision that weighed on his conscience, but for the moment, he would follow Ace's lead and keep a close eye on their Jedi guests as they continued to make their escape.

However, as Ace's words hung in the air, and the weight of their implications began to sink in for Valor. He knew that Braze was Lady Seraphine's real son, and the thought of her potentially replacing him with Braze stung deeply.

Valor's expression shifted from frustration to a mixture of anger and anxiety. He clenched his fists, struggling to contain his emotions. "You think she'd...replace me?" he muttered, his voice barely above a whisper. The idea that he could be replaced by Lady Seraphine was a terrifying thought, and it made him realize just how precarious his position in her organization truly was.

Ace, in his typical gruff manner, continued to drive his point home. "It's always a possibility, kid. You know how ruthless Saraphine can be when it comes to her interests. You'd do well to remember that, too."

Valor's eyes burned with determination as he made his decision. "Fine, let them go," he conceded, his voice filled with resignation. "But we'll keep a close eye on them. If they cause any trouble, we won't hesitate to act."

Ace nodded in approval, satisfied that he had gotten through to Valor. "Good. Let's go make sure they're not causing any more chaos."

Valor couldn't help but wonder about the future and what Lady Seraphine had in store for him. The uncertainty of his position gnawed at him, but for now, he had chosen to let Braze and the other Jedi escape, hoping it would buy him time to earn him some favor in the eyes of Lady Seraphine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom